Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

*Strangles Kurado* Stòp snoring!

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 05:37 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 04:37 PM #1 of 20
*Strangles Kurado* Stòp snoring!

This will deal with two issues dealing with you being asleep.

1. Do you snore? How bad? Any interesting related stories?
2. When someone, or the alarm, wants to wake you up, how easy is it for you to wake up?

I don`t snore. At all. But, sadly, I had a few cell mates you snored VICIOUSLY. It was so frustrating, trapped in that room the size of a closet with some fucker snoring. And what can you do about it?

When someone wakes me up I get up in an instant. Slightly groggy sometimes, but still. I`ve never had this problem. I had friends and cell mates you had to fucking SHAKE and yell at just to get them to sit up.

YOU?

Edit - This keyboard betrayed me, AGAIN, when I typed that thread title.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 05:46 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 11:46 PM #2 of 20
1. Nope I don't snore, or at least no one has mentioned it to me.
2. I generally wake up just before my alarm, or just as it is going off. I've never slept through my alarm.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 05:55 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 04:55 PM #3 of 20
I dont snore, but I have been told that I am a NOTORIOUS kicker.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 05:56 PM #4 of 20
No snoring here.

I get out of bed anytime someone urgently wakes me up. Sometimes when I wake up and I realize im late, I will literally jump out of the bed and make a rush to the bathroom to get ready.

Most amazing jew boots
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 06:29 PM #5 of 20
1. Yes, fairly loudly too, as others have told me.
2. I wake up instantly but I don't get up that easily.

(and *AkirA*, I love the sig/av combo )

Most amazing jew boots
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 06:31 PM #6 of 20
Apparently I snore, but obviously I can't tell myself.
The alarm wakes me up effectively although I set 4 alarms always to be sure (watch, digital clock, analog clock, cell phone). They're all set at the same time and I always wake up before them or to the first one (usually the analog clock).

How ya doing, buddy?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 07:23 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 04:23 PM #7 of 20
As far as I'm aware, I don't snore. I've shared rooms with my mother and aunt during trips overseas, and they never mentioned anything. I seem to always share rooms with others who snore though.

I'm able to wake up easily if any type of alarm goes off. When I tried the alarm on my mobile phone for the first time, I was concerned that I wouldn't hear it. Fortunately, any type of sound that's irritating tends to wake me up quickly.

FELIPE NO
starslight
if you want blood

Member 275

Level 17.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 07:33 PM #8 of 20
I don't snore. While I never sleep past nine o'clock, whether I wake up when my alarm goes off or not is an inconsistent thing. Sometimes before, sometimes when it goes off, and sometimes I don't hear it all and sleep through it. So far that's only made me late for work once, though to my credit I did have to be there at 6 AM on that particular day for monthly ad-set and I was only about ten minutes late.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Appelation
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12502

Level 2.00

Sep 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:10 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 05:10 AM #9 of 20
I've been told that I snore on occasion, and that it's pretty loud when I do. I like sleep (now that I have my insomnia in check), and I figure my snoring is just a vocal appreciation of it.

I dislike being woken up at all, be it by a person or a machine - those who have tried to wake me in the past have been largely unsuccessful, due to my ability to hold a coherent conversation about not wanting to wake up whilst still sleeping. At one time, I went through a phase of trying to regulate my sleeping pattern by use of an alarm clock - the first one took an impromtu flying lesson when it first went off. I tried a few more times after that, but all I succeeded in doing was finding more creative ways to shut the things up.

Number two exited my room via the window.

Number three had a glass of water poured on it.

Number four went off, and I hit the snooze button hard enough to bust the clock and collapse the bedside table. The only thing it emitted after that was a kind of textured silence.

Radio alarms have to be the most obnoxious thing one can allow into their room - all they do is wake you before you're ready to be awake by blasting out the voice of some perky, caffeine-fuelled fuckhead who seems to have a superiority complex about the fact that they've been awake for hours and you're still in bed.

So to answer the question - no, it's not easy to wake me up at all. It's also not advisable if you happen to be an alarm clock or a morning radio DJ.

Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:24 AM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 11:24 PM #10 of 20
1) I've been told a few times that I do in fact snore, but not very loudly and not on a regular basis.
2) It takes me FOREVER to become fully awake. Sure sometimes I can just pop out of bed but those kind of days are rare and far inbetween. I can get woken up at 6:30 and not be fully awake till about 10.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:34 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 12:34 AM #11 of 20
I do snore on occasion, but I've been told it's pretty light.

I can wake up pretty quickly, however depending on how much sleep I've gotten, I'll end up being tired for part of the day.

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 03:38 AM #12 of 20
I snore, and I can sleep through my alarm, and the snooze button is a great idea...

And I am grumpy in the morning. I can hit a person if they decide to wake me up suddenly. It's not a good idea.

Most amazing jew boots
Thanatos
What?!

Member 1546

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 04:01 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 05:01 PM #13 of 20
I don't snore. But occasionally I sleeptalk....

It's quite easy to wake me up, because I can only sleep in very quiet and dark places, unless I'm dead tired.

However, chances are I'll just close whatever is making the noise or the light, and go back to sleep...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 07:49 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 06:49 AM #14 of 20
I only snore when I'm super tired. Usually the only thing you'll hear out of me when I'm sleeping is a few mumbled phrases that make no sense at all.

I usually wake up right when my alarm goes off, but I always press snooze a few times. Sometimes I end up setting two alarms so that I'll get my lazy butt up by the time that the second one goes off. On the other hand, when a person tries to wake me up, I usually stay asleep until they slap me, yell my name, or decide to pour the glass of water I keep at my bedside on my head.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 08:11 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 10:11 PM #15 of 20
I only snore when I'm sick.

If I dont wake up before my alarm, I'll sleep through it and wake up a few minutes afterward. If I'm waking up for some arbitrary reason (like class) it can be pretty hard to get up.

FELIPE NO
FFXI - Asura - Brd :3
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:19 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 11:19 PM #16 of 20
1. I snore when I'm very tired.
2. Alarms usually wake me up. I set the alarm clock only when I know that I NEED to wake up the next day. And the only time I find difficulty in waking up is when I'm dead tired and having a wonderful sleep.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:24 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 08:24 AM #17 of 20
I snore when I'm very tired and when I'm not in a very comfortable position. So if I fall asleep in, e.g. a car (as a passenger ;_, I might start snoring. Usually me falling asleep in a car implied I was very tired to begin with.

Other than that, I'm a pretty light sleeper in that I'll wake up to anything. However, that won't get me out of the bed itself. I don't think I've waken up to my snoring, though I've waken up to other people's. Even though I'll wake up to hearing stuff, I can fall back asleep through it easily.

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 11:58 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 10:58 AM #18 of 20
Heh. Its funny. I'd conveniently forgotten that when I'm incredibly drop dead tired (such as last night) I snore like nobody's business. My cousin just told me he could hear me in the other room. Thats pretty rare actually

How ya doing, buddy?
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:02 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 10:02 AM #19 of 20
My friends all tell me I'm a pretty silent sleeper. Heck, when I fell asleep to devo and skills during one of our phone conversations skills said I was quiet. It would have been funny to snore into the phone though. =D

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:11 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 10:11 AM #20 of 20
I'm a pretty quiet sleeper myself, at least to my knowledge. As for the alarm thing, typical noise clocks don't do shit to wake me up but a cell phone on vibrate under my pillow does wonders to snap me out of dreamland.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > *Strangles Kurado* Stòp snoring!