Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

My fucking throat's on fire!

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 05:39 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 04:39 PM #1 of 45
My fucking throat's on fire!

You fucking people like hot sauce? What kind? Aww, you can´t fucking handle it? Just quit the damn board already. Fucker.

In the States I love Red Hot and Red Devil. But the shit´s nowhere to be seen here. =/ Guess Guatemalans don´t like Cayan/cayen pepper sauces.

So I found some new ones. A Habanero one I can´t remember the name to. Then one called Maya-ik that´s awesome. Then one I also can´t remember the name for but it´s made from peppers raised here in Coban. (Where I live)

For the record, I hate strongly vinegar based sauces like fucking Tabasco.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 05:47 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 04:47 PM #2 of 45
Damn it, I always walked by Trader´s in Vegas and ignored it. I hear those Thai peppers are lethel and want to test my mettle.

I like heat, as much as possible, but not at the sacrifice of good flavor.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 05:49 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 06:49 AM #3 of 45
I with no doubt LOVE spicy food. Whatever kind, just throw it at my way. I'd probably choose Tobasco though, it goes well with most food. However, there's a limit to how spicy I can take before my mouth starts to burn, and I usually prepare cold drinks beforehand.

Most amazing jew boots
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 05:54 PM #4 of 45
I dunno, that Red Hot and Hot Devil stuff (any Cayenne Pepper sauce) is so mild, it shouldn't even be called "hot sauce." It's about as spicy as A1 steak sauce.

I haven't tried Tabasco, but I really want to because I want something hotter than Cayenne peppers, but not as hot as Jalapenos.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 05:58 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 04:58 PM #5 of 45
Try a habanero based sauce. It´s pretty damn good. I wouldn´t say as hot as the Thai stuff, but close enough.

And don´t sit there and offend my cayenne pepper sauces! How else would you make buffalo wings and fingers!?

I was speaking idiomatically.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 06:10 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 03:10 PM #6 of 45
I fucking LOVE spicy food. Anything with 'Buffalo' in the title is the food of the gods. Wings, fingers, sandwiches especially, I. Love. Buffalo. Sauce.

And at the local Chinese buffet, I always get at least two big plates of the Thai chicken on top of white rice. I may have to go and get some right away...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 07:47 PM #7 of 45
First off, sufficiently hot chili rub + garlic + popcorn = joy.

Second off, I do enjoy the spicy foods. One of my particular favorites is called Maine fried rice. Lobster + crab + rice + veggies with quite a bit of pure Thai chile oil mixed in. It's oh so very painful to eat but oh so very good (if you discount how it comes out).

In terms of sauces, this one is my favorite. And I can say from experience that it lives up to its name. But the endorphine rush you get from it is almost hallucinogenic.

FELIPE NO
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 08:24 PM #8 of 45
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
I dunno, that Red Hot and Hot Devil stuff (any Cayenne Pepper sauce) is so mild, it shouldn't even be called "hot sauce." It's about as spicy as A1 steak sauce.

I haven't tried Tabasco, but I really want to because I want something hotter than Cayenne peppers, but not as hot as Jalapenos.

Tabasco is, technically, hotter than a jalapeno. The sauce is cut with vinegar and salt to lessen the impact. I keep a bottle of Tabasco in my bedroom since I like to go out for tacos fairly often but their brand of hot sauce is inferior. Tabasco provides a fair amount of heat without sacrificing flavor.

If you want something decent, Jazz, go out and get yourself some Serrano chiles. You can buy them canned if you must, but they're definitely better fresh. Serranos offer excellent flavor and some mid-range heat. They won't scour your mouth but you'll probably sweat a bit.

Cayennes are pretty weak, in my experience. It's only when the oil is condensed into cayenne paste that it bears any heat.

Habaneros, unfortunately, are too flavorless to be fully enjoyable. Their heat is intense - I've never had hotter - but the heat is so overwhelming that you don't get much sensation of flavor. I don't feel there's a point without a strong flavor.

If you want a really good rush of heat with a nice, full flavor, try a Scotch Bonnet pepper. They're ranked directly below Habaneros on the heat scale, along with a couple other peppers at the same potency, but the Scotch Bonnet is a much more robust pepper. It'll burn but the burn is quite tasty.

I haven't seen the Thai peppers at all. My region doesn't seem to import them. That's okay though, since the thrill of eating peppers for the heat has mostly worn off. I've proven that I can do it, so there's little reason to subject myself to such intensity unless I'm really craving it. Mid-level heat like the Serranos or a Banana pepper is fine by me for most dishes.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
MTGNecro
A family man: Be one.

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:07 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 08:07 PM #9 of 45
Personally, out of everything out there, my real choice as far as the burn goes is Wasabi. I just really enjoy the taste of it. Not wasabi peas or the stuff that you make from powder but honest to god imported wasabi. The only bad thing is when you breathe in and it goes up your sinuses. If I wanted my nose to burn, I would jam a Habenero up there.

I forgot my old sig...
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 09:40 AM #10 of 45
Theres a habanero hot sauce served at a local mexican restaurant here that has great heat and flavor. I usually put it in my salsa and on top of various burritos and the like.

Another mexican restaurant has something called mango habanero salsa. Its sweet and spicy. Great for nachos.

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:53 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 10:53 AM #11 of 45
We have tabasco sauce at the house and I can say without a doubt that that shit is freaking potent. I'm not really sure if a Habanero tops it but I know that I mistook it for hot sauce and was scrambling for some milk like a mofo to cool my mouth off. :P

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 03:55 PM #12 of 45
Habanero peppers sneak up on you. They have a delayed reaction, and tend to take just long enough for you to make a fool of yourself.

Quote:
That mango habanero salsa sounds really good.
Its very good. Ive heard about other places that make it, but its this restaurants specialty. Just about anything you order there comes with it. Its not as spicy as you would think with the habaneros in it. It has a perfect balance. You can buy it by the jar.

Most amazing jew boots
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:16 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 03:16 PM #13 of 45
Originally Posted by MTGNecro
Personally, out of everything out there, my real choice as far as the burn goes is Wasabi.
I only ever tried that once... Friend was having some Japanese food and let me try some. Like you said, it burned the shit out of my nose and not my mouth and I pretty much gave up on that. Avoidable in any way?

Last edited by Such a Lust for Revenge!; Sep 5, 2006 at 04:19 PM.
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:30 PM #14 of 45
Originally Posted by OctoberOmicron
I only ever tried that once... Friend was having some Japanese food and let me try some. Like you said, it burned the shit out of my nose and not my mouth and I pretty much gave up on that. Avoidable in any way?
The nose burn only happens, atleast to me, on the first bite. After that its smooth sailing. Kinda like how you always cough when you first take a bite of something real spicy.

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:33 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 03:33 PM #15 of 45
My friends tricked the shit out of me (though to thier credit I was a dumbass when it came to being a "sushi virgin."

Basically, I took one giant lob of wasabi and ate it all at once thinking it was actually part of the dish instead of the condiment. I'm pretty sure you can picture in your head the loud screaming and total making a fool of myself that followed.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Dubble; Sep 7, 2006 at 09:45 AM.
Rioku_Zanketa
Syklis Green

Member 11537

Level 6.62

Aug 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 05:47 PM #16 of 45
meh,yea I love spicy foods 'n stuff.......but latley,....I've never found anything to reach what I'm lookin for...trust me,I've been all around the world,trying all kinds of crap,but nothin gets me.....now a days,I wonder if there is anything too hot for me,...let alone spicy enough for me...

.....................................meh,I'll do this later....:aargh:
Twikite

Member 331

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 09:52 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 08:52 PM #17 of 45
I live in New Mexico, and people here put green chili on everything. I'm not all that fond of it though; I prefer it's red counterpart.

Hot sauce is another deal. I like it on mexican food, but if it's too hot, I think it detracts from the noticable flavor of the stuff you put it on. And why wouldn't you want to enjoy the flavors of each dish to their fullest?

*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:51 AM #18 of 45
Flavor over heat is how its supposed to be. People who only want hot for hots sake dont get the purpose of the sauce.

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 08:21 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 07:21 PM #19 of 45
Just got a bottle of Habanero sauce with lime naturally mixed in. Damned good and more flavorful than pure Habanero. Two fucking dollars, not bad at all.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rakka
Forgiveness

Member 10978

Level 9.10

Aug 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 10:28 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 10:28 PM #20 of 45
Originally Posted by Dubble
My friends tricked the shit out of me (though to thier credit I was a dumbass when it came to being a "sushi vergin."

Basically, I took one giant lob of wasabi and ate it all at once thinking it was actually part of the dish instead of the condiment. I'm pretty sure you can picture in your head the loud screaming and total making a fool of myself that followed.
My dad took half of a blob of wasabi the first time he had sushi at a restaurant...I actually felt kind of sorry for him. Sushi and wasabi are the only things that I still miss since becoming a vegetarian.

I'm usually not a big fan of hot and spicy food, but I always like to add chili sauce to noodles and rice bowls, a habit which seems to scare my friends (and everyone else in the restaurant) a bit. It's not like I add THAT much of the stuff!

...just enough to turn everything a pretty red color...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

all the cool people are doing it...rakka's last.fm page
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 01:16 AM #21 of 45
Originally Posted by OctoberOmicron
Just got a bottle of Habanero sauce with lime naturally mixed in. Damned good and more flavorful than pure Habanero. Two fucking dollars, not bad at all.
Whats the name if you dont mind me asking?

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:31 PM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 11:31 AM #22 of 45
Soon as I go back home and come back here I`ll tell you. I bought it from a friend of the family that basically brings clothes, food, candy etc. from the capital to sell in small towns like this. A lot of people here make a living that way.

*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 05:09 PM #23 of 45
Is it a good living or just scraping by? We used to have people buy cigarrettes at our store in large quantities to resell them. Im pretty sure its not the same thing, but they said they did it for extra cash.

Most amazing jew boots
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:44 PM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 06:44 PM #24 of 45
FUCK. Forgot it man. Next time, I promise. This is like the fourth thing I need to get info on to bring back to people here. Fucking irresponsible fuck I can be.

It entirely depends on how ferocious you are about selling things. If you have a large network of friends, especially with decent cash, you can make a great profit from it. Plus, it pays to be informed. There are SECRET shops in the Capital few people know the address to that sell things like Diesel and Banana Republic items. All kinds of brands people seem to like. The prices are very low so you can turn around and sell those items to people here at three times the price you bought them for and it still wouldn`t be so bad. My oldest niece on my youngest sister here in Coban`s side does that.

*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:49 PM #25 of 45
Dont worry about it man. Do what you can, when you can.

Wish we had stuff like that around here. The best we get is people selling fake Jordans, and busted Oakleys. Nothing legit.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > My fucking throat's on fire!