Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Xbox 360 the next generation Dreamcast?
Closed Thread

NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 02:37 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 11:37 PM #1 of 5
Xbox 360 the next generation Dreamcast?

Lately, after the release of the 360 i have been hesitant on wither it was where my money should go or if i should save up for the Wii or the PS3. I know that the Nintendo might not be the best way to go but the PS3 has a nice rack of a price tag which kinda outgoes my normal budget for a console. I fear that although the 360 is new, nice and the first next-gen out i can still hear a faint voice in my head whenever i grab a 360 box that tells me "Dreamcast 360...Dreamcast 360...PS will rise again..." and out of fear i put down the box almost that instant. Now i am not saying that the 360 is not worth the buy, i mean hell, i want to play PDZ, PGR and GRAW as much as the next guy but i just don't want to spend a large amount of money on the 360 and then it gets destroyed by the PS3 when it makes its debut Q4.

Can someone give me some advice wither their inner gamer has been telling them the same thing?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Come, Dance the Dance of Love!
Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 02:56 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 01:56 AM #2 of 5
The Xbox 360 is a great console. Just get it.

And comparing it to the Dreamcast is laughable at this point. No relevant similarities whatsoever.

Most amazing jew boots

NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:17 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 12:17 AM #3 of 5
Originally Posted by Tube
The Xbox 360 is a great console. Just get it.

And comparing it to the Dreamcast is laughable at this point. No relevant similarities whatsoever.
Besides the fact that the Sega Dreamcast did the same thing Xbox 360 is doing right now? I mean, Dreamcast failed because it realsed beofre it knew what it was going up aginst because Sega needed the money. What happened was that after it's release the PS2 came out and blew the Dreamcast out of the water because Sony knew what to expect from its compeditor and found a way to beat them. On the 360's part, if they don't act quickly or tap into some unknown hidden power source they are going to be shot down like the dreamcast was as soon as the PS3 comes out. I mean, looking at in-game graphics already for the PS3 looks better then 360 and so far, there haven't been much 'ooo and aww' about anything on the 360 beside the trailer for a new Halo which is probley going to be the only thing that might keep the 360 alive on the market once the PS3 and the Wii come out. If Nintendo starts beating Microsoft in sales then you KNOW something is wrong...lets hope it doesn't come to that...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Come, Dance the Dance of Love!
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:21 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 05:21 AM #4 of 5
Dreamcast didn't succeed for two reasons. One, the previous system, Saturn, made Sega lose a lot of money, especially in the US, due to the poor support of the company to back the system. That plus the fact that it invested 500 million dollars, alone, in the US to promote the Dreamcast, didn't help at all.

The final nail in the coffin was the piracy. The fact that you didn't need a mod-chip and it was really easy to copy already copied games which made it so that Sega couldn't counter this fatal blow.

The Dreamcast was an awesome system with a lot of great ideas that were a first in the Videogame Console world.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 08:01 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 11:01 PM #5 of 5
Let's not even do this, seriously. The 360 won't vanish to the depths of hell the instant PS3 hits, especially with that launch price. The PS2 may have had enough power to become a missile launching super computer and destroy Dreamcast within a few seconds, but that's because Sega was.. well, Sega. They probably barely had enough money for lunch at that point in time.

Play the waiting game if you want, you'll no doubt save a bundle when all three systems are out and about, fighting with eachother by forcing small rodents crushed into balls to shoot electricity. None of them will be going anywhere anytime soon though. If there are games out there now that you really want to play, and you have the cash, why not just go for it? The waiting game is pretty boring despite the sexy results.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Xbox 360 the next generation Dreamcast?