Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] I Guess We Still Play This Kart 8: 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2014, 09:04 PM #326 of 557
What CHz said, although I must admit it looks amazing. Excitebike has pretty much been one of my favorite things ever since the day I first played it on the NES when I was a little kid. This is gonna own.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

#654: Braixen
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2014, 09:34 PM #327 of 557
I'm holding out for a Mach Rider level

FELIPE NO
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:27 AM Local time: Oct 29, 2014, 08:27 AM #328 of 557
It had better play the Excite Bike win theme when the race ends.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2014, 05:13 AM Local time: Nov 1, 2014, 10:13 AM #329 of 557
OK, so is Mario Kart happening this week? If so I'm a little unsure of how timing is going to work. In the UK the clocks went back last weekend and I believe they don't go back in North America until either tomorrow or next weekend. So, 10pm my time is suddenly an hour out.

So, if we're sticking to 10pm GMT then that's in about 12 hour:

Does that work for people, or does that cause problems?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2014, 08:53 AM #330 of 557
Daylight savings hits tonight at 2am here, so that does leave you an hour ahead for now. I'm fine with getting it started an hour later than usual.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2014, 08:58 AM #331 of 557
Right, so in the US east coast that would put today's start time at 6pm instead of the usual 5pm. I have no problem with that either, actually probably works out slightly better for me since Philia will be getting home from work around 5:15. I can do either start time though.

Most amazing jew boots
Old Nov 2, 2014, 03:54 AM 4 #332 of 557
Today's Kart session. OP was the best baby daisy.

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/305074

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2014, 03:07 PM #333 of 557
Congratulations OP! Also by default Dave is the worst Baby Daisy.

Also I just found out that only the coins you have at the end of a race count towards your total. Not that it matters really either way since it's not like you can do anything about it, but I was wondering why I didn't have the gold glider yet. The 10k coin requirement for that seems way out of wack with all of the other rewards, especially for just a glider.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 03:37 PM #334 of 557
Why the hell would you want a glider of all things to be made of gold? Nintendo...

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2014, 04:25 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2014, 03:25 PM #335 of 557
Yeah, I've got all unlockables outside of the glider and it's hilarious how few coins I have by comparison. I think I'm at 4k or something.

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:52 PM #336 of 557
Yeah, I'm also at 100% completion except for the gold glider and I'm at ~7400, but that's also with playing some co-op with Philia where both of our coins count as well as her playing some on her own. Wii U clocks Mario Kart 8 gametime at 55 hours, but god knows how accurate that actually is.

On a lark spent 2-3 hours tonight playing online. Man this game is a clusterfuck online. I think our games work fairly well because there's a pretty wide spread of skill levels. Online there's a much larger pool of folks all in the same ballpark skill-wise, especially since the game attempts to match by your skill ranking which is largely bullshit but is a general time spent indicator. So races are largely determined by which one or two players is able to get away from the pack at the very start, then everyone else is usually fucked for the entire race (Piranha Plants are god tier online). Once I was able to get 1st or 2nd place at the end of a race, by virtue of that starting position in the next race I was almost always able to beat out the initial clusterfuck and most of the time was a lock for 1st or 2nd again. But then if you get hit once in the initial barrage you are almost always 100% fucked and are locked outside of the top 3 at the least. It's leads to hilarious instances of totally fucking people but then you also getting totally fucked, and it can be incredibly frustrating. In one particular race I'm running a flawless race, probably almost half a lap ahead of 2nd place on the last lap. Then within a 15-20 second window I literally got hit with a Blue Shell, a Lightning, a Red Shell, and two SEPARATE Bombs. I finished 12th. Also as an aside I'm not sure how item distribution works online, but I see way way way more Lightnings playing with randoms online then in our games. I counted 6 in one game which is crazy. I still think I have personally only gotten one once.

It's a weird problem, and I'm not sure how they solve it. I'm not advocating no item races or anything, but the game is a super clusterfuck where skill only gets you so far. I miss the days of being able to lap SECOND place AI in 150cc in the original SMK because there was none of the crazy rubber banding/blue shells etc. Playing against other people obviously some of that isn't a factor, but I'm not sure how you really balance that. It's fun, but with every iteration the game feels more and more like Mario Party and not Mario Kart.

I do really hope the DLC comes out before Smash so I can actually play it with people. Also I hope the Master Cycle isn't an inside bike because fuck skills

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:13 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2014, 10:13 PM #337 of 557
If it's not an inside bike, I will be sad.

You sound mad about that tho.

I've only fucked around with randoms a few times, but let's just say that it's at least nice that the Wii U hasn't been completely opened up for shitting in, since INFINITE STAR cheaters in MKWii was extremely aggravating.

That said, 9/10s of the point of Mario Kart is yelling at the other guy to get good and other such shit. Lack of voice chat fucking murders it.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2014, 08:19 AM #338 of 557
Yeah I played MK Wii for like, an hour, so no experience there but I heard about that.

But yeah, this is basically a bullshit party game which is why I like playing with you guys, but wouldn't play on my own very much. I'm just wondering what they could do to try to fix that and not make every race an insane clusterfuck that is impossible to get out of 99% of the time.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2014, 08:23 AM 3 #339 of 557
I don't think anybody here plays own their own, really. I only get on Saturdays and have pubbed it up with CHz maybe once or twice outside of that.

What I'm saying is that you need to get good.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2014, 06:16 PM #340 of 557
I...came in first in like ~75% of the 12 player lobbies I was in? That wasn't really my point. Also I'm only really playing for coins at this point, so eh.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2014, 06:17 PM #341 of 557
What's the story behind the two sets of headphones tag?

Also the story re: Tiny Left Space. We're on Yoshi Valley, it's the final lap, and I'm trailing behind Dave. As we approach the bridge that stupid giant Yoshi egg is just about to cover the bridge entirely. What does Dave do? He does to the left DIRECTLY INTO THE PATH of said giant egg. First place DAISY BLUE YOSHI. Shit was fucking hilarious. Dave you are dumb why would you do that you see the egg going that way man.

Last edited by Tails; Nov 3, 2014 at 06:20 PM.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2014, 06:28 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2014, 11:28 PM 1 #342 of 557
I...came in first in like ~75% of the 12 player lobbies I was in? That wasn't really my point. Also I'm only really playing for coins at this point, so eh.
You know Daravon for a guy who doesn't care you sure do care a lot. Keep going, you almost have enough vinegar to go with that bucket of salt.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2014, 06:51 PM #343 of 557
What's the story behind the two sets of headphones tag?
The last time (?) m00 played he was wearing two headsets, one for game audio and one for the skype call.

FELIPE NO
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2014, 07:35 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2014, 05:35 PM #344 of 557
And he still thought lap 2 was the final lap on one race, even though he could finally hear the BGM speedup for once.

The "heads of setphones" part is because he's bad at saying words out loud.

How ya doing, buddy?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2014, 08:32 PM #345 of 557
THE AUDIO IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HEADPHONES

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2014, 07:27 PM #346 of 557
It's been pulled down, but there was something briefly up on the official Mario Kart site that was listing MK Amiibo support being added in a software update on 11/13/14, maybe the same date as the DLC???

Apparently all Amiibo support for MK is just going to be your Mii getting a racing suit based on the Amiibo you're using. Thank you Nintendo for letting me continue to not care about Amiibo functionality.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2014, 09:26 AM Local time: Nov 5, 2014, 08:26 AM 2 #347 of 557
Yeah, how dare they not include fully featured AI racers you train in a free patch several months after the game releases for a toy that wasn't close to completed when the thing came out.

I think it's kind of ace actually that they're even going back and adding support for that shit in to older software titles, even if it is minor. Can you imagine the anger if it was something more substantial?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2014, 04:10 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2014, 03:10 PM 1 #348 of 557
Why the hell would you want a glider of all things to be made of gold? Nintendo...

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2014, 06:08 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2014, 11:08 PM 2 #349 of 557
YouTube Video

Just going to leave this here.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2014, 07:15 PM 1 #350 of 557
HNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Also here's a 13 minute Nintendo Minute where they play a bunch of the new stuff:

YouTube Video

Tanooki Mario going into his Mario 3 statue pose when he does a trick is fucking amazing. Also super fucking pumped about SNES Rainbow Road being in.

Yeah, how dare they not include fully featured AI racers you train in a free patch several months after the game releases for a toy that wasn't close to completed when the thing came out.

I think it's kind of ace actually that they're even going back and adding support for that shit in to older software titles, even if it is minor. Can you imagine the anger if it was something more substantial?
I agree, and I'm not upset at all by this; I'm actually honestly super pumped about it since it means less shit I have to think about buying. They kinda sorta make sense for Smash, but for all of these other games and especially games that are already out like MK and Hyrule Warriors I don't really see the point. I mean, additional cosmetic content is cool and why not, but that's hardly any sort of compelling reason for someone to get them. And if it WAS something substantial people would flip out like you said, so it's a lose-lose. I don't even know what they'd do really in terms of significant in-game content for games with these things other than maybe if you buy them they come with DLC, making it sort of like buying a physical copy of DLC or something. Fuck, I barely even know what Amiibos can be used for in general other than custom moves and storage in stuff like Smash. Super fascinating from a physical/collectible perspective, but they've given me zero reason to care about them for use in games.

Tags
"AHH EAT" - Mo0, "Did you know... waves are a type of fungus." -Qwarky, "Gentry Twin Powers Activate. Form of whatever nutty is doing.", "Get out of my head Tumblr", "Hey; Teddy Grahams!", "I counted to two too fast." - Mo0, "I fell off the fuck" - Mo0, "I got first that one time." - SuperSonic, "I think BZ's my spirit animal now." - Dave, "I'm always nine months pregnant." - Dave, "If dicks tasted like these enchiladas I'd eat dicks every day" - Daravon, "If I can't have fifth place; no one will!" - Daravon, "It came off your butt! I saw it!" - Skills, "It's peanut butter egg time", "My driver's drunk" - Acer, "Please do not hit me with the red shell Daravon oh god damn it", "Pretty sure it's all dick no matter which part you freeze it on." - Tails, "Red team drownin' us in dicks." "YOU'RE the Red Team!", "There is only victory for Cat Peach!" - Tails, "This game and its items." - AcerBandit, "This is not the road." - Daravon, "We are Daisy. We are Legion.", "What am I even being-" - Mo0, "What happened to you Skills?" "YOU SHOT ME THREE TIMES" "Oh right", "You're either racing or you're dead.", 100 Years of Taco, 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park., 2007 Miami Dolphins, 2Spooky4Me, 4 out of 6 people asked for this, 5G Internet, Accidental Spooky, ALL GOLD EVERYTHING, Ambient Anger Noises, Angry About Being Accused of Team Killing, Angry About Bodies of Water, Angry About Counting, Angry About Dolphins, Angry About Mount Wario, Angry About Team Killing, awake apnea, Baby Cup, Banatrix, BILL ME LATER, Blue Brigade, Blue Dynasty, Bullet Bill DLC, Bullet Bill Erryday, Bullshit regular Peach, But who was wagon?, Butterscotch DLC, Butterscotch Pudding, CHz is bullshit, Communist Manifesto, Contract Dong, Countably Infinite Gentrys, counting to 2, Cusim Krap, Daravon: Archracist of Gamingforce, DAVE WHY, Dickspin.jpg, Did You Know, DIVORCE GAME, dolphins, Dongforce, ENEMIES EVERYWHERE, Eternally Fifth, Expand Dong, Foreground Anger Noises, Gentron, Get Good DLC, Get Good Season Pass, GET IN THE DOME, GET SPOOKY, Good Talk, Grumble Something, Half Music Park Cup, Ice Cream Epiphany, infectious Gentryism, Infinity Gauntlet of Bullshit Items, inopportune cats, Item Fucking, Konkey Dong, Koopa Cup, Lemony Fresh, Libertarian Kart, Lore, Mad Mad Farm, MadAlert Bracelet, Madic Park, Maditoba, Mario Kart 8 Featuring Peyton Manning, Master Dong, McCarthy Kart, Mennobot, MOO STAGE, Music Park Cup, Music Park Cup Mk II, No One Asked For This, nutty's gonna take you to the Sylvan Learning Center, Oakland Raiders, One Lap Alliance, origin stories, Origin Story, preemptively mad, prehensile folds, pretzels, Red Menace, Red Team = Nerds, Robokart, ROYALTY SON, RULES OF PRINCESS, Shy Guy Cup, so mad, Son of Bitch, SPECIAL DELIVERY, Squizz, Still better than Q, strangling a duck, Sudden Mii Regret, Team Baby Daisy, Team Enemywealth, Team No York, That UK Shit, the best princess, The Fifth Gentry, The Tiny Left Space, The Unattainable Doughnut, THERE ARE 39 OTHER TRACKS, Throbbing Around the World in 80 Days, Toad Apartheid, two heads of setphones, Yoshi Cup

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] I Guess We Still Play This Kart 8: 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park.