Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] [Multi-platform] Guitar Hero II

AlphaDeus
[ IKZ ]

Member 580

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:39 PM #101 of 142
I have a Kodak Easyshare 7440. It's a digital camera but it has a movie mode with sound. It shoots at 640 or 320 resolution. I just hit record and hope I don't screw up too much :P There are no programs involved, I just upload the .MOV file off the SD Card.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 02:09 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 04:09 AM #102 of 142
Has anyone tested the Guitar Hero guitar in any Guitar Freaks game? I'm thinking of buying it, but only if i can also play Guitar Freaks with it. I'm worried about the buttons config, since guitar freaks has only 3 buttons. So maybe the buttons setups are mixed up.

Edit:
Gamespot: Also worth noting, the guitar isn't compatible with Konami's Guitar Freaks games, so if you're looking to replace your increasingly rare and somewhat flimsy Konami guitars, you're out of luck.

Damn...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |

Last edited by Dizzy; Nov 22, 2006 at 02:25 AM.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 04:57 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 03:57 AM #103 of 142
Along the same vein, I would like to warn anyone and everyone away from purchasing any controllers not made by the creators of Guitar Hero themselves, or Sony or Microsoft. I was given a wireless flying-V guitar controller for my birthday a couple months ago, and it just simply ceased working correctly at all. We opened it up and found real craptastic manufacturing - everything was scotch-taped and hot-glued together. Grade-A work right there.

FELIPE NO
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:51 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 11:51 AM #104 of 142
Yeah there was one that looked really good at Bestbuy but I was like, it's not even made by Octane so it must eat batteries, have lag time and suck really bad.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 12:09 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 11:09 AM #105 of 142
Actually, when the controller functioned, it was an absolute wonder to play. Everything seemed more finely tuned than the original wired controller - the strum bar was more responsive but less "floppy" so you didn't accidentally get an unwanted upstroke by strumming downward too hard, the fret buttons were sensitive and comfortable, the whammy bar was easier and more comfortable to use, and the tilt-sensor didn't require as much jerking of the guitar to activate star power (though I just hit the select button most times anyway.) There was absolutely no lag time, even from its farthest range (which, by the way, was an impressive 100 feet) and supposedly the batteries should last you a good 1000 minutes of gameplay... so it was great while it lasted, but unfortunately, it lasted a very very short time.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
plutoknight
Syklis Green

Member 712

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 06:52 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 06:52 PM #106 of 142
Misirlou + Aching Hands + Expert = Holy crap

I don't think I'll ever, ever, ever, be trying that again.

10 guesses as to where I failed *cough*~35%*cough*

And, oddly enough, that Freezepop song is fun as heck to play. Failed on Expert at 97% (cry), but, damn that was fun......

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 08:26 PM #107 of 142
Originally Posted by AlphaDeus
I uploaded some vids of me playing. the Quality isn't great but I'm not gonna go buy a new camera for crappy youtube vids

Psychobilly Freakout (EXPERT) 215k: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrbW9Mcr_98

Rock This Town (EXPERT) 257k: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJT8mxAG7tc

Oddly enough, these are my best scores on those two particular songs. Funny how they were the first two I caught on camera and they ended up being the best scores :P
I FREAKIN HATE PSYCHOBILLY FREAKOUT!! Nice job hitting some of those tough parts there! I'm gonna try to get my hands on a cam to record some of my work. Particularly, Freedbird and Jordan on expert.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:08 PM #108 of 142
This is pretty random, but I was just wondering if anyone had advice for me concerning two things.

I'm able to play all the songs on HARD, and about 3/4 to 4/5 on EXPERT. I only strum down though, whenever I try to strum up and down, I always get confused. Does anyone have any advice as how to approach this better?

Also, I don't exactly do hammer-ons or pull-offs, I always end up strumming each note... I guess this needs to be improved with just simple practice or something.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

oh my gawddd
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:57 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 10:57 PM #109 of 142
Anyone who can beat Jordan on expert has to be a god, or some kind of an omnipotent guitar-playing being.

Greykin, strumming up and down is something that I found a little difficult to get used to and didn't actually start doing until Cowboys from Hell on expert, on the first game. The way I got used to it was by practicing moderately fast (not super fast) successions of the same notes and/or chords, and I slowly got used to it. I can't think of any real good songs for practicing this on in GH2 off the top of my head at the moment, but if you pick something with a good steady rhythm you should be fine.

Hammer-ons and pull-offs I avoided like the plague during the first game, but now that it's easier, you don't really have to worry about if you're strumming each note, because it won't count against you, unless you strum late, in which case you would have messed up anyway. It'll take a hammer-on and a strum in rapid succession as just one hit, unless there's another note immediately after. The game's very forgiving that way.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:13 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 11:13 PM #110 of 142
Oh and a good song to try to hammer on/pull offs is War Pigs, and hmm freebird. If you want to do it on hard. It has a lot of hammer ons and pull offs that you can try and keep yourself going.

Double Post:
Ayos, you mean like this?

[IMG]www.thegatheringzone.com/Jordan.JPG[/IMG]

It's not that hard, I only strum down unless it's a part I really need to strum up and down for. I only used star power on the part that had all those hammer ons, I think it was one of the solos.

I hit 85% of the notes and got 986/1147 and avg multiplier of 1.7X. And the score was 100901......

EDIT: And my server is being really gay so here. www.thegatheringzone.com/Jordan.JPG

Oh shit, I just realize that it was in my career mode and it wasn't on expert. <_<;

Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!

Last edited by Zio; Nov 23, 2006 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 24, 2006, 01:46 AM Local time: Nov 24, 2006, 12:46 AM #111 of 142
Yeah, I was gonna say... Jordan on any difficulty other than expert is practically a cakewalk, but expert is impossible. I don't say things like that lightly, because there has never yet been a video game I've played that I could not beat completely. Even taking the speed down a notch in practice mode, I could still only hit between 50-60% of the notes through all the solos.

FELIPE NO
TCK
I am the horseman

Member 230

Level 11.26

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2006, 06:13 AM Local time: Nov 24, 2006, 11:13 AM #112 of 142
Originally Posted by Zio
Oh and a good song to try to hammer on/pull offs is War Pigs, and hmm freebird. If you want to do it on hard. It has a lot of hammer ons and pull offs that you can try and keep yourself going.
Jessica is a pretty good HO/PO song too.

AlphaDeus
[ IKZ ]

Member 580

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 04:37 PM #113 of 142
giving this thread a much needed boost with some new vids

these are direct capture using my new camera.

Hangar 18: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSjHe_A0OwM

Carry Me Home: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7LFavkbBLY

Beast and the Harlot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfO-fKJvW5s

Free Bird: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI_jhNrezxk

Currently I've 5-starred 61/64. I can't seem to 5-star Misirlou, Jordan and Six.
I passed Jordan ONCE with a 4-star.

deadally
Chocobo

Member 506

Level 14.33

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 12:36 PM #114 of 142
lol, the sound quality from your camera makes the music sound better than on my TV's...

Well done, by the way!

Most amazing jew boots
Returned
Lipid
Fatty!

Member 3311

Level 8.57

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 09:18 PM #115 of 142
I fail Six in 10 seconds >_>

Jordan I fail around the 55% mark =P

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 10:03 PM #116 of 142
wow those video are pretty cool ^^

and I think I'll try this game now XD

just 2 questions: I never lay or seen someone play this game, do you really need to be good to really enjoy that game?

how's the difficulty level in the game, is it like ddr where each song has different level or does the song only have one difficulty?

oh and another one, is it possible to play this on ps3? XD (this mean is the guitar like a new controler or is it plug in a usb port?)

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 01:51 AM Local time: Dec 20, 2006, 01:51 AM #117 of 142
Originally Posted by Inhert
just 2 questions: I never lay or seen someone play this game, do you really need to be good to really enjoy that game?
No, you do not have to be awesome to play this game. Anyone can pick up this game and if you keep trying as you have played DDR, if you keep trying you can pick it up and get good at it. To me, if I can play a song on hard or higher I can have fun and feel good.

Quote:
how's the difficulty level in the game, is it like ddr where each song has different level or does the song only have one difficulty?
Um, easy you only use the top three frets, medium adds the blue fret, then hard makes you use special techs such as 'hammer on's and pull off's'(which you can learn in the tutorial and learn how to play the game.) and some orange. Expert, is well expert. You select the difficulity. Easy, medium, hard or expert. Some songs are really easy on hard, some are really hard. Yanno?

Quote:
oh and another one, is it possible to play this on ps3? XD (this mean is the guitar like a new controler or is it plug in a usb port?)
Guitars controllers are shaped into the PS2 controller slot thingy. And I don't htink they made any of the GHes on PS3 yet. Unless PS3 allows you to play PS and PS2.

Originally Posted by Zio
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 05:12 PM Local time: Jan 2, 2007, 03:12 PM #118 of 142
So I got this game for Christmas, and while it's been a whole lot of fun I'm not sure if I like the song selection better than GH1. In the first there were a number of songs that I wasn't really familiar with, but I wound up liking the songs even though they weren't the usual type I enjoy. In this one, there's been a considerable number of songs I really don't like at all and don't look forward to having to fight my way through on Expert difficulty. Especially the second to last set. I hadn't even heard of any of the bands they included and playing through them once was torture enough, it's actually making me not want to get through the game on Expert. =\

(Soy Bomb is absolutely fantastic, though. Honest Bob and the Factory to Dealer Incentives have the best Bonus song in each game. <3)

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 05:21 PM Local time: Jan 2, 2007, 05:21 PM #119 of 142
That's cause they went for more of an alternaitive(sp?) rock/metal.

Though like 80% of the bands on GHII I didn't know of. I think GH had a better song selection just merely cause I knew all of the songs + they were my favorite.

I think they should make GH III - Return of the Fret or something and mix both GH and GH II song lists including the bonus songs cause I'd buy it.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:10 PM Local time: Jan 2, 2007, 08:10 PM #120 of 142
I'd like to see them start releasing those genre-specific games so I'd have a better chance of only having to deal with songs I like (I'd also be really interested in the Bonus songs they include since I'd like to find some new bands that do music in a style I like.).

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:16 PM Local time: Jan 2, 2007, 10:16 PM #121 of 142
I would too, but you know it problay won't happen.

Originally Posted by Zio
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2007, 09:16 AM #122 of 142
I'd like to see them start releasing those genre-specific games so I'd have a better chance of only having to deal with songs I like (I'd also be really interested in the Bonus songs they include since I'd like to find some new bands that do music in a style I like.).
Well, with the game to be released on the 360 this spring, I think we can expect some Xbox Live downloads in the form of new song packs. I don't think it's that far of a stretch by any means at this point.

Most amazing jew boots
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:13 AM Local time: Jan 4, 2007, 10:13 AM #123 of 142
Well, with the game to be released on the 360 this spring, I think we can expect some Xbox Live downloads in the form of new song packs. I don't think it's that far of a stretch by any means at this point.

I'm going to laugh when RedOctane(Even though they were bought up by Activision.), says no you can't DL songs. xD

Most amazing jew boots
Originally Posted by Zio
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Jan 4, 2007, 06:07 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2007, 05:07 PM #124 of 142
I'm just gonna ignore the 360 release of GH2 and wait for Accordion Hero, coming in 2008! (If the GH2 demo loading screen can be trusted... which it can't.)

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jan 4, 2007, 07:34 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2007, 05:34 PM #125 of 142
Haven't seen that loading screen yet, but I remember someone actually did a pretty nice photoshop a while back to promote Accordion Hero after GH became a hug hit. My guess is they're just referring to that.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] [Multi-platform] Guitar Hero II