Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] [Multi-platform] Guitar Hero II

DjMeas
~VGM Composer~

Member 2154

Level 15.68

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:58 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2006, 07:58 AM #51 of 142
Is it just me or does sometimes feel like hammering through a whole
section just feels... well, too easy sometimes (on expert).
Like, they should have made you strum a note every few bars.
I can't say which song exactly~ i forgot the title ^_^''

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:10 AM #52 of 142
Anthrax - Madhouse is by far and wide my favorite song of the main bunch so far, with All That Remains - Six being my favorite independent song.

I had to cease playing last night because of my 8am class, but I plan to resume shortly. I only have 8 more songs left in career mode! All the songs I've been itching to play are the face-melters, so I'm super pumped!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 01:12 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2006, 10:12 PM #53 of 142
Thunderhorse is SO FUCKING FUN. I just beat it this morning on hard.

There's a few songs on here that I hate, but are pretty fun anyway, like Mother and Killing in the Name. Haven't gotten to Freebird yet, but I'm sure that's gonna be interesting.

I was speaking idiomatically.
DjMeas
~VGM Composer~

Member 2154

Level 15.68

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 01:15 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2006, 11:15 PM #54 of 142
Hmmm... I beat Hangar 18 and Misirlou on my first try~
From all the hype i've heard, i thought they'd be impossible IMPOSSIBLE!

They aren't bad at all. I think Hangar 18 is way easier than Misirlou though.

I've heard many complaining how fast Misirlou is. I don't think i'm the
only one that does this, but:

-Try playing with a thin guitar pick (i'm using Dunlop .46mm picks)-
It will feel MUCH better and holding the strum bar and 'shaking' it
up and down for fast parts (ala Guitar Freaks).

Well, it feels better to me since i play guitar.

Keep rockin' guys!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 01:39 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2006, 11:39 PM #55 of 142
Quote:
See if you can catch the hint that Stairway to Heaven will be in the next Guitar Hero game. They hinted at Freebird in the last one, and it's in Guitar Hero II...
As much as I'd like to believe it, Led Zeppelin has been notorious for how stingy they are with licensing their songs, so it would be a pretty big thing if they do get it.

While talking to my parents on the phone the other day my mom asked if I had bought the game for myself yet. I told her I hadn't and she said I damned well better not. Guess what I'm getting for Christmas.

FELIPE NO
lightgem
Chocobo

Member 1010

Level 12.35

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 01:52 AM #56 of 142
Originally Posted by DjMeas
Try playing with a thin guitar pick
Do you mean using the pick to play upon the fred button?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 02:00 AM Local time: Nov 9, 2006, 01:00 AM #57 of 142
Poor fred button, always being picked on. FRED, WE ARE SORRY.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
DjMeas
~VGM Composer~

Member 2154

Level 15.68

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:06 AM Local time: Nov 9, 2006, 08:06 AM #58 of 142
LOL, i mean playing with a pick as you do with a real guitar~
Strumming the 'strum bar' with a pick. It helps me, maybe it'll help you ^_^

There's nowhere I can't reach.
lightgem
Chocobo

Member 1010

Level 12.35

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:04 AM #59 of 142
Originally Posted by DjMeas
LOL, i mean playing with a pick as you do with a real guitar~
Strumming the 'strum bar' with a pick. It helps me, maybe it'll help you ^_^
Yeah, sorry, I mean upon the strum bar. I don't know why I typed that. Seems like GH 2 has more new techniques. I gotta take a look at that before going expert.

Most amazing jew boots
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:11 PM Local time: Nov 9, 2006, 09:11 PM #60 of 142
Originally Posted by RacinReaver
As much as I'd like to believe it, Led Zeppelin has been notorious for how stingy they are with licensing their songs, so it would be a pretty big thing if they do get it.
Well yeah, but... I have a feeling they'd rather have Stairway in a game that people can play, rather than having to endure the torture of knowing that practically every high school guitar teacher has 30+ students trying to actually play that song and sucking ass at it. And since the latter has already happened...
Quote:
While talking to my parents on the phone the other day my mom asked if I had bought the game for myself yet. I told her I hadn't and she said I damned well better not. Guess what I'm getting for Christmas.
Either that or she's sadistic and wants you to think she's getting it for you, but then decides to withhold, just to keep you from playing it THAT MUCH LONGER.

AlphaDeus
[ IKZ ]

Member 580

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:46 PM #61 of 142
so yeah I got the game on Tuesday evening. Played it from 6:30PM~1:30AM. I think I'm good at Guitar Hero. I've 5-starred every song in the first one except Cowboys from Hell.

This game is a freaking blast on expert. My hands have been sore since the first night. In one sitting I passed every song except Jordan. I passed them all on the first try except for the following:

1) Beast and the Harlot (the strumming threw me off, I failed twice before I figured it out and 5-starred it the first time I actually passed O_o)

2) Freebird (I failed about 3 times on the first set of "Really" fast notes because I couldn't hold my star power.. it seems more sensitive this time around, I have to lean back to avoid it going off accidentally)

3) Less Talk More Rokk (I failed the first time because I was becoming too reliant on Hammer-ons. I almost made it to the end but I started missing the first note and not really trying to re-enter the stream)

4) Jordan. OBVIOUSLY >.>

I managed to pass every other song on the first shot. mostly 5 and 4 stars with a few surprising 3 stars. After 3 days, I've 5-starred 49/64 songs and 4-starred everything else except Misirlou and Six. I love the new Hammer on system, these songs wouldn't be possible otherwise lol.

You might be thinking of Lamb of God - Laid to Rest. You can pretty much HO the entire second half of the song >.>

I like the variety in the song selection. I also like how early expert songs don't hold back like they did in the first game.

Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 01:18 AM Local time: Nov 10, 2006, 12:18 AM #62 of 142
All this on expert? I bow to your Guitar Hero greatness.

Also, yeah, Jordan. I thought Freebird was the hardest song in the game. NOTHANKYOU, apparently not. I hate you, Buckethead. I like your music, but I hate trying to play it. Why you gotta be so good, mang?

Most amazing jew boots
DjMeas
~VGM Composer~

Member 2154

Level 15.68

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 01:32 AM Local time: Nov 9, 2006, 11:32 PM #63 of 142
DARN IT!!! I keep losing at the same spot in Free Bird!

75% through the track ^_^''

Like AlphaDeus said, getting into hammering too much and you can't
re-enter the stream of notes when you mess up -_-''''

May i also add that i'm totally LOVING this game~
Despite loving Bemani to death, i really must say that GH2 is much
more enjoyable than Guitar Freaks. There's so much technique while playing.
GH1 didn't really change my mind, but GH2 certainly has made me
turn from a Guitar Freak to a Guitar Hero.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by DjMeas; Nov 10, 2006 at 01:36 AM.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 01:59 AM Local time: Nov 10, 2006, 12:59 AM #64 of 142
Yeah, 75% is right where I die, too. It seems physically impossible to switch notes THAT fast... blueyellowredgreenblueyell- AAAAGH.

Rock Candy
boner.

Member 15197

Level 1.10

Nov 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 07:42 AM #65 of 142
Sigh. I was originally planning to wait until I had my 360 before getting GHII (for downloadable content, etc), but I want it SO BAD that I just might end up getting a PS2 version.

hey, bud! let's party!
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:27 PM #66 of 142
Free Bird isn't that hard.

In Medium difficulty.

Ahem.

Yeah, I cleared career mode in Medium, which is about as far as I'm expecting to go right now.

DjMeas
~VGM Composer~

Member 2154

Level 15.68

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 03:32 AM Local time: Nov 11, 2006, 01:32 AM #67 of 142
I got my father into the game~ LOL!

He beat the first set of songs on Easy ^_^ Which isn't bad at all!

Lord Jaroh
It's all about being a Newbie

Member 2072

Level 13.42

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 03:33 AM Local time: Nov 11, 2006, 03:33 AM #68 of 142
I'm almost at the end now on hard, with 3 songs left to clear on tier 7. Soon, the world should be mine...if my fingers can survive expert...

Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 03:40 PM Local time: Nov 11, 2006, 12:40 PM #69 of 142
I'm a total noob to GH, but after playing it extensively at Best Buy on the demo kiosk, I decided to pick it up

Gradually getting a handle on getting my pinky involved in the 4-key spread of Medium/Normal/Whatever, a lot quicker than I had anticipated. Dexterity and coordination-wise though, I was completely surprised by how fast that caught on. This is coming from the guy that failed to learn how to play a real guitar several times over.

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2006, 02:16 PM #70 of 142
I just tried this game today and I love it. I'm sooooooo bad, but it's fun. Jamming along with Nirvana is great.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2006, 02:23 PM #71 of 142
I'm halfway done my expert career. I'd be done sooner, but I managed to hook 6 friends on the game, 2 of which were naysayers before. It's been utterly fantastic playing this game with a group of people.

Other than that, the game is noticeably harder than the first. Expert is kicking my ASS. I have yet to lose on a song, but the songs are already getting very difficult on the 3rd set of 5.

FELIPE NO
AlphaDeus
[ IKZ ]

Member 580

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2006, 05:56 PM #72 of 142
If you want a good workout, try playing Six - All that Remains on expert >.>

I still can't beat Jordan, but I've at least 4-starred every other song (63/64) and 5-starred a great deal of them (55/64 I think). My scores improve almost every time I play them.

Right now I'm trying to unlock the other guitars so I'm beating the other difficulties. So far, hard has been a walk in the park. I haven't tried medium or easy.

I think so far my best song is Beast and the Harlot, I've gotten like 365k on it which is more than enough to 5-star it. I think maybe 95% accuracy.

I wish I had someone else to play it with though, I'd like to try out the other instruments in a non-practice mode.

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2006, 06:29 PM #73 of 142
So um, how are you supposed to hold the guitar? Should I be using the three middle fingers on the frets or what? I haven't gotten comfortable with moving my hand around it yet. At this point I'm still having trouble with songs on Medium - ...

AlphaDeus
[ IKZ ]

Member 580

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2006, 07:25 PM #74 of 142
for the most part, I keep my index finger on the green fret, middle finger on the Red, Ring finger on the Yellow, and Pinky on the Blue. If you plan on eventually moving to hard or expert, I seriously suggest using your pinky on the higher frets if at all possible. On Medium, you can play and pass just fine with the first three fingers and not using the pinky at all. It can teach you how to slide your hand down the neck to hit the higher frets.

But yeah, try to use all of your fingers. There's a part in monkey wrench on expert that you have to press the green (1st) and orange (5th) frets at the same time. It's much easier when you use your pinky.

Hope this helped at all. it's best to find your own way to play though.

Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 01:51 AM Local time: Nov 13, 2006, 12:51 AM #75 of 142
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
So um, how are you supposed to hold the guitar? Should I be using the three middle fingers on the frets or what? I haven't gotten comfortable with moving my hand around it yet. At this point I'm still having trouble with songs on Medium - ...
Yeah, get comfortable hitting that blue first. Index on green, middle on red, ring on yellow, pinky on blue.

When orange starts coming in, I've always found it useful to keep in mind that it's easier to reach UP to green than DOWN to orange. Helps when you have to hit those green-and-orange chords, too. That doesn't mean you should position your hand so that you're off the green - keep your usual position, but shift up when there's gonna be a lot of orange. Eventually it'll start to feel natural.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] [Multi-platform] Guitar Hero II