Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Final Fantasy XII

Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2007, 08:44 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2007, 10:44 PM #4276 of 4284
Ok, Zodiac System is available for download at blackcats. It seems that it doesn't have an english text option .

I'll download it anyways to play the kick-ass Larsa.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2007, 08:48 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2007, 02:48 PM #4277 of 4284
Wait, they've released the Zodiac Job System as the "International" release, although being Japan only, with English voice casting yet it isn't bilingual? They could've put both in, like in FFX International.

Well that's dumb. Cancelling my preorder right now.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2007, 08:53 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2007, 10:53 PM #4278 of 4284
Yeah' ,but FFX had the english option because the Pal version was released first.

Anyways, I'm just saying what the nfo says. I'll download it anyways to make sure.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2007, 02:15 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2007, 09:15 AM #4279 of 4284
From the demos that I've seen in the stores, only the voice acting is in English, Menus and subtitles are only available in Japanese. I think they did the same thing with the Final Mix version of Kingdom Hearts. As to why calling it an international version, I don't have a clue, it's a bit silly because the trailers I saw don't use the Japanese word for international (kokusaiteki), but they just bastardize it to sound Japanese.

FELIPE NO
Andrew Evenstar
Save the Queen

Member 419

Level 23.33

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2007, 03:15 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2007, 12:15 AM #4280 of 4284
Yeah I have the international version. Only Jap text. English voice acting. The double speed option is awesome though. I like the Zodiac system so far.

Most amazing jew boots
Biohazard Mercenaries

[Final Fantasy]
IV > VI > VIII > VII > IX > V > XII > X
Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2007, 08:18 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2007, 06:18 AM #4281 of 4284
I've got the import orered from Play Asia, so I'm waiting anxiously. Really excited to play the awesome FFXII with the classic job system.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2008, 07:08 PM Local time: Jul 5, 2008, 06:08 PM #4282 of 4284
I beat this game last month on my birthday as an extra little gift to myself. I always use FAQs with these RPGs anymore because of the ridiculous "secret" things you have to do or figure out in the game. Everyone has a different opinion on this, but for me I don't have time to waste an hour just doing trial and error to make a certain boss appear or not. Also, now that these RPG worlds are getting so large and non-linear, it's a long walk to turn in a special quest item if you don't remember who gave you the quest.

From this standpoint, I really appreciated numerous things in FFXII, like the Clan Primer, the teleport crystals and the basic auto-map system. With video game consoles so advanced nowadays, there really is no excuse for RPG's to not tell you where to turn in the quest item, especially if it's a quest you picked up weeks ago on your way to some other quest.

I found FFXII to be light and fun. Even when the story got "heavy" in places it never approached the an FFVII level of emo. It was difficult in places, and I found myself grinding (although the battle system made the grinding not too bad) to get upgrades. I just found the whole game enjoyable. The settings were fun, the dialogue and voice-acting was good, the battle system was very enjoyable, and I thought the graphics were some of the best I've seen on the PS2. I'm not the type to need to complete everything in the game, and it didn't sound fun to fight the last couple of "hunt" bosses. I did keep a save before the final fight however, so I can go back and mess around in the world a bit or complete some of the hunts. The only thing that really annoyed me were the status ailments in some sections. I get the concept, but it didn't really add anything to the game when mobs would throw 4 status ailments on me at the same time, leading to massive item use or massive downtime.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Andrew Evenstar
Save the Queen

Member 419

Level 23.33

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2008, 06:50 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2008, 03:50 PM #4283 of 4284
Nice review. I still haven't played this game in English. I can't believe I have still yet to buy it either. I am on of the biggest FF fans out there, among others here...

I really wish the international had an English text option

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Biohazard Mercenaries

[Final Fantasy]
IV > VI > VIII > VII > IX > V > XII > X
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 05:37 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2008, 04:37 PM #4284 of 4284
Nice review. I still haven't played this game in English. I can't believe I have still yet to buy it either. I am on of the biggest FF fans out there, among others here...

I really wish the international had an English text option
I picked it up at Costco for $15 new. Best gaming bargain I've gotten so far I think...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Final Fantasy XII