Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[News] [s]E3[/s] HALO 4 FUCK YEAH RESTART AND CONTINUE THE FIGHT discussion thread.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:31 PM #26 of 46
Old Republic is bullshit. "Here's a bunch of things that are Star Wars but aren't from the movie timeline but there's an Empire and Destroyer Droids and a Mandalorian and a bunch of other stuff."

Why fucking bother at this point? How is it at all Star Wars? The proper nouns?

Also no gameplay footage still? lol

There's nowhere I can't reach.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:09 AM #27 of 46
YouTube Video

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:35 PM 1 #28 of 46

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2011, 02:18 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2011, 08:18 PM #29 of 46
Old Republic is bullshit. "Here's a bunch of things that are Star Wars but aren't from the movie timeline but there's an Empire and Destroyer Droids and a Mandalorian and a bunch of other stuff."

Why fucking bother at this point? How is it at all Star Wars? The proper nouns?

Also no gameplay footage still? lol
Given that half the films are bollocks, I would have thought that a departure from that particular timeline would be welcome. The KOTOR games are awesome, easily two of my favourite Xbox games and the depth of the universe is a lot of what makes them great. That and lightsabers of course. If the original Star Wars film had featured fights with normal swords it would have died on it's arse.

The biggest dissapointment about Old Republic is that it's a MMORPG. Watching those trailers made me mourn even more the lack of a proper KOTOR 3 or even a remake of the first two with a proper ending for 2. I might even break my long running no MMORPG's rule for this it looks that good, although I'd want to know if you can have fun with it without having to interact with other people before I committed.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Jun 7, 2011, 02:33 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2011, 01:33 PM #30 of 46
Just watched some of the info on Wii U. I'm actually pretty impressed. I'll be wary of the first batch of games, but i'm hoping that once developers are more comfortable with the tablet controller and don't feel like they have to use every single feature, we'll start seeing some really cool ideas come to life. Backwards compatibility is something i wholeheartedly support, so i'm excited to see that Nintendo is continuing to embrace that.

Also, Smash Bros. for both 3DS and Wii U? With some sort of linking a possiblity? yes, please.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2011, 02:34 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2011, 12:34 PM #31 of 46
I like how Nintendo's basically saying "sorry for making nothing but party games for five years"

Wii U: When Grandma doesn't want to play Mario Kart at 1 in the morning

Also, we all know Luigi's Mansion 2 is the best announcement of today. Why lie.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Jun 7, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2011, 03:11 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2011, 09:11 PM #32 of 46
I love how one of the features of the Wii U is that you can play games on the controller "In case someone else wants to use the tv". How many households in the target market for another version of the Wii genuinely only have one tv? We have two sat right next to each other in the front room specifically so we can play games and watch tv at the same time. Also, I see one of the launch titles is called Ghost Recon Online. Does this mean they're doing away with the retarded friend code system?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2011, 03:49 PM #33 of 46
I love how one of the features of the Wii U is that you can play games on the controller "In case someone else wants to use the tv". How many households in the target market for another version of the Wii genuinely only have one tv? We have two sat right next to each other in the front room specifically so we can play games and watch tv at the same time. Also, I see one of the launch titles is called Ghost Recon Online. Does this mean they're doing away with the retarded friend code system?
I could see that coming in handy during the holidays. I have all my newer systems hooked up to one TV, so when my brother is here only one of us can play at a time. It's only really inconvenient around Christmas when we both have a lot of new games, but I can see a point to what Nintendo is saying.

As for friend codes, some Wii games have already done away with them. Monster Hunter Tri uses lobbies like a normal online game would instead of friend codes, and there may be others.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Jun 7, 2011, 04:02 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2011, 03:02 PM #34 of 46
I think the idea was to bring people together. I know that in my house, all of the console gaming is relegated to the basement so that the TV can be the TV. This option makes it more feasible for the Wii U to be set up in the main living room of the house, which is most likely what Nintendo is after. Maybe i can't convince my mom to set up my game system in the living room, but throw in the fact that the game can come off the TV at any time and i can play in the same room as her? I think for a lot of families this will feel like an excellent compromise.

I'm not to worried about online play just yet, since my school blocks all online games anyway. In a couple of years, though, who knows. All i know is that if the Canadian ISPs get away with usage-based billing, it will hurt a lot of companies. Online gaming, Netflix, cloud computing, all of it. I'm really confused as to why these companies aren't fighting harder against it, but. [/rant]

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:44 AM Local time: Jun 8, 2011, 04:14 PM 2 #35 of 46
I love how one of the features of the Wii U is that you can play games on the controller "In case someone else wants to use the tv".
You misunderstand. It's so you can take a shit and don't have to stop playing.

Innovation of the forever.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2011, 05:07 AM Local time: Jun 8, 2011, 12:07 PM 1 #36 of 46
Vita pricing something something, but FUCK ALL THAT

Assassin's Creed Revelations CG Trailer and live demo:

YouTube Video

I would fucking let Skills take a goddamn dump on my chest to have this game right now.
Back to the arab world!!!!

Fuck. Yeah.

no homo
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:19 AM #37 of 46
You all need to see this to believe it...a board game collaboration by Square Enix and Nintendo featuring characters from the Mario Universe and the Dragon Quest Universe. They call it Fortune Street.

Fortune Street Video Game, E3 2011: Debut Trailer HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

So did they just finally give up on Mario Party?

I was speaking idiomatically.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:36 AM #38 of 46
Well damn. Seems interesting. Now I want a Nintendo/Square RPG crossover.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:38 AM #39 of 46
Enix has been doing a series called Itadaki Street for a long time. Several, if not most of the games in the series are Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy crossover board games, so branching out into DQ and Mario isn't that weird. I'm just surprised they're finally bringing one of them over to the US.

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2011, 09:11 PM #40 of 46
Wii U console

the NOU I mean Wii U console hands on.

Also I heard it is only 1 of those Wii Upads per system and no option to buy a second while the rest of the controls have to be with the Wiimotes?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:08 PM #41 of 46
There seems to be a lack of Gamecube controller ports.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:41 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2011, 10:11 PM #42 of 46
So did they just finally give up on Mario Party?
Nope. Mario Party 9 was announced at e3 too.

There seems to be a lack of Gamecube controller ports.
Were you upset when the PS3 didn't allow the original PlayStation controller to be used?

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:49 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2011, 01:49 PM #43 of 46
Forza 4 looks amazing, shitting all over the genre. Can't wait for it, it looks beautiful and they seem to have fixed lots of issues including the constant loading.
lol polyphony lost so hard.

no homo
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2011, 09:18 AM #44 of 46
Were you upset when the PS3 didn't allow the original PlayStation controller to be used?
Since the Wii had backwards compatibility with Gamecube games, I liked the option to use my Wavebirds over the Wii's Classic Controller.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:59 PM #45 of 46
Originally Posted by dagget
Also I heard it is only 1 of those Wii Upads per system and no option to buy a second while the rest of the controls have to be with the Wiimotes?
Yeah, this makes me wonder about the multiplayer options we will be presented with. With only one Upad, I have to hope that the software is well designed enough that it doesn't grant an advantage to the player with the special controller.

Potentially good for some 3 on 1 style Mario Party mini games though.

How ya doing, buddy?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2011, 06:45 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2011, 12:45 AM #46 of 46
Yes. Very.

How ya doing, buddy?

Tags
boardtop somehow relevant, fuck gamingforce, gaylo, halo 4, halo 4 features dance mat, jedi - fuck year, more like j-lo, not actually star wars, refinish the fight, spraylo, wii troll u

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [News] [s]E3[/s] HALO 4 FUCK YEAH RESTART AND CONTINUE THE FIGHT discussion thread.