Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Question] Game Collection Databases

Yushiro
Able Squad, More Like Awesome Squad

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:33 PM #1 of 8
Game Collection Databases

So, does anyone know of a good game collection site? IGN's used to be excellent over 5 years ago, but then they pretty much ruined it. I'm looking for something really easy to use like DVD Aficionado, where you can just search one string and end up with multiple results and the ability to add multiple games to your collection all at once, just like DVD Aficionado does. The problem with every current Collections site I've seen these days is you can pretty much only add 1 game at a time, which, if you're like me and have nearly 1000 games, is pretty much just a huge pain in the ass (sorry Backloggery).

How ya doing, buddy?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2009, 09:53 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2009, 08:53 PM #2 of 8
BlindMonk
A ride! Now that's a good idea!

Member 28143

Level 18.68

Feb 2008

Old Jul 28, 2009, 09:58 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2009, 09:58 PM #3 of 8
I used an older version of a few of those Collectorz apps and I was very pleased with internet integration and ease of use.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Yushiro

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 02:26 AM #4 of 8
I probably should've thrown "free" into the description as well. =p

I had read about that Collectorz scanner software before, and similar programs, but I'm really not willing to shell out $70+ for it.

Ugh, why did IGN have to screw up their database so bad, it used to be absolutely perfect.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 02:41 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2009, 09:41 AM 1 #5 of 8
The "new" IGN layout was a disaster when it came out and it still is. I can't believe they haven't fixed it. Takes ages to load, is cumbersome and unreliable to use. Because the pages, both the main collection and the searches, take so long to load, you're bound to click the next available button as soon as possible (especially because adding a game is such an arduous process), often leading your browser to literally fall between pages with a blank screen and nothing to do but to go back and start the whole thing over.

The old layout, with a game search at the top and the bottom was a lot more friendly (not to mention the old site was so much faster to load). Sure, it's "only" two or three additional clicks, but when you need to add multiple games, and every extra click means an extra minute or so of page loading, it can quickly get infuriating.

I still use IGN when I have the patience because I already have most my games listed there, it allows me to grade them, and it'll give me a value and breakdown by console if needed. I just noticed I'm often behind on updating it because it's such a chore.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Yushiro

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:11 AM #6 of 8
My sentiments exactly, Qwarky. I also liked the streamlined look to the old format. It was organized, easy to browse, and had all useful information presented conveniently. It didn't have the game Covers, but those just space the table out too much anyway.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
MalkHead
Wark!

Member 33979

Level 2.38

Jul 2009

Old Jul 30, 2009, 01:05 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2009, 10:05 PM 1 #7 of 8
I think raptr.com is what you need.

FELIPE NO
Yushiro

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Jul 30, 2009, 03:04 PM #8 of 8
Excellent find, sir. This is probably the best I'm gonna do. Thanks.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Question] Game Collection Databases