Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Avatar: The Last AirBender

Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:16 PM #1 of 150

Quote:
In a lost age, the world is divided into four nations: Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. Within each nation, there is a remarkable order of men and women called the "benders" who can learn to harness their inborn talent and manipulate their native element. Bending is a powerful form combining martial art and elemental magic.

In each generation, only one bender is solely capable of controlling all four elements. That bender is the Avatar. The Avatar is the spirit of the world manifests in human form. When the Avatar dies, it reincarnates into the next nation in the cycle. Starting with the mastery of his or her native element, the Avatar learns to bend all four elements. Throughout the ages, the countless incarnations of the Avatar have served to keep the four nations in harmony.

Then, the firebenders attacked. Just as the world needed the Avatar the most, he mysteriously vanished. A hundred years later, the Fire Nation is near final victory in its ruthless war of world tion. The Air Nomads were destroyed, the Air Temples ravished, and all airbender monks eradicated. The Water Tribes were raided and driven to the brink of extinction. The Earth Kingdom remains and fights a hopeless war against the Fire Nation. Many believe the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads and the cycle is broken.

In the desolated South Pole, a lone Water tribe struggles to survive. It is here that the village's last remaining waterbender Katara and her warrior brother Sokka rescue a strange 12-year-old boy named Aang who has been suspended in hibernation in an iceberg. The tribe soon discovers that Aang is not only an Airbender--the extinct race no one has seen in a century--but also the long lost Avatar. Now Katara and Sokka must safeguard the child Avatar in his journey to master all four elements and save the world from the Fire Nation.
This is by far, one of my favourite cartoon shows. It may seen a little childish but once you realize it's more than a bald kid with a hot mexican girl with waterpowers, it gets quite good, if not very very good. Great humour, character development, storyline... try it:

Season 1 ~
Episode 1: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Episode 2: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Season 2 ~
Episode 1: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

http://trailers.gametrailers.com/gt_...r_pc_vr_gt.flv

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Sepharite; Nov 22, 2007 at 12:21 AM.
jRev
XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG

Member 610

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:43 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 11:43 AM #2 of 150
Biggest surprise to come out of Nickelodeon so far. The writing is pretty clever most of the time, although it can get predictable. I really like the fantasy world they crafted for this show.

Art and animation is good, too. There's some attention to detail in the different nations' costumes and the four bending styles that I can appreciate. There are even some fight scenes that are cool enough to be in a major martial arts movie. Plus, of course, it's very refreshing to see a kid's cartoon on TV featuring human characters who don't have vegetable-shaped heads.

All in all, a show that I can recommend to just about anyone. Check it out.

Avatar's Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender

now where's my rocko dvd, nickelodeon

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:54 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 09:54 PM #3 of 150
I was surprised to find that I was watching this on Nickelodeon. The concept of the show is thought-provoking, but not too difficult to understand. All in all, this show definitely has promise.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:43 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:43 PM #4 of 150
This show is rather good, i mean its not breakthrough material, but they did a very good job writing the script,the animation is smooth(not 3rd frame like anime) and at acting is top notch...i believe i saw some where that each episode costs close to 1mil. so yeah they take their time with this stuff.
and http://www.mininova.org/tor/218501 there you can find a torrent for all 20 episodes and a tv special, but the dvd is like 10 at walmart, so go pick up a copy, its worth 50 for the first season? wouldnt you say?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
reikijenosaido
Wark!

Member 320

Level 2.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 07:14 PM #5 of 150
season 2 just started and you can get ep 1 here

http://70.189.119.190:6969/torrent.h...e1ade9d03b47c4

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 07:29 PM #6 of 150
this isn't one of my favorite series but from the first episode from the second season it looks like it has some potential. The story is definitly getting better.
Spoiler:
The avatar series consist of four elements but now I see how zuko (not sure if thats his name or if thats how you spell it) said something like "my father said my sister is a prodigy and so lucky to be born with such skill....and that I was lucky to ever be born" Now I can see why, his sister is the only person that can shoot lighting and even though its sort of cool, wtf is up with that. It kinda ruined the elemental circle @_@ Zuko is still one of my favorites becuase he fights, not to get rid of the avatar, but to capture him to gain his fathers love and respect. And even though he is kinda mixed up and selfish I feel he will join up with the avatar or atleast help him along the way and eventually fight his father in the process.

I still think the series need more permenent characters to stick with the series becuase they all eventually all come and go during only one episode. I just hope Saka remains as the only annoying character, he has enough of it to make me want to cut that rat he calls a hair cut >_<

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

New Record!
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:32 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 10:32 PM #7 of 150
Originally Posted by Shenlon

I still think the series need more permenent characters to stick with the series becuase they all eventually all come and go during only one episode. I just hope Saka remains as the only annoying character, he has enough of it to make me want to cut that rat he calls a hair cut >_<
Every series has there own version of Krillin, the annoying comic-relief.

FELIPE NO
Acacia
Chocobo

Member 1401

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 12:00 AM #8 of 150
this isn't one of my favorite series but from the first episode from the second season it looks like it has some potential. The story is definitly getting better.
Spoiler:
The avatar series consist of four elements but now I see how zuko (not sure if thats his name or if thats how you spell it) said something like "my father said my sister is a prodigy and so lucky to be born with such skill....and that I was lucky to ever be born" Now I can see why, his sister is the only person that can shoot lighting and even though its sort of cool, wtf is up with that. It kinda ruined the elemental circle @_@ Zuko is still one of my favorites becuase he fights, not to get rid of the avatar, but to capture him to gain his fathers love and respect. And even though he is kinda mixed up and selfish I feel he will join up with the avatar or atleast help him along the way and eventually fight his father in the process.

OH MY GOD

Dude, I just watched episode 2 and it's incredible *__* Hooooollly fuuuuUUuuuuuck

In reference to your spoiler though, here are my thoughts:

Spoiler:
Well, she's obviously a prodigy, but you can that their uncle could manipulate lighting as well. Personally, I think lighting is a category of fire, much like ice is to water, stone is to earth, and wind is to air. It just probably takes a large amount of skill to manipulate the sub-categories (like how Katara makes the cool ice stuff) I don't think Sohka's an annoying character. Sure, he's the comic relief guy, but so is Aang. And, like the avatar, Sohka has plenty of moments where he's a dependable and responsible guy.

Now, my general thoughts for the episode:

Spoiler:
Wow, that general guy was a fuckin' bastard. He pretty much treated Aang like a weapon rather than a person. =/

Ooh, a Sohka looks like SUCH a surfer with his hair down, especially with that choker XD;;.

I'm surprised to see how truly brutal Zuko's sister (still can't remember the name) is too. I can't wait until Aang and her face-off...

But seeing that Zuko and his uncle are now officially outlaws running from the Fire Nation, maybe they'll team up with Aang and co.? That way, his uncle can teach Aang fire-bending after he learns from Bumi.

Speaking of Bumi, maybe they'll all meet at Omashu? It's pretty much one of the only strongholds left against the Fire Nation, and I can see King Bumi the type of person who'd welcome anyone into the country. But, I also wonder if Bumi is still alive; I mean, he's more than a hundred years old, although there's no guarantee what the death age is in this world. Still, it would be interesting to see another earth bender that would help Aang....

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 08:59 AM #9 of 150
Yeah I watched episode 2 as well when it came out:
Spoiler:
I see what your saying about different elements being combined from one like water with ice, or the way earth is created into mud but I dont see how fire creates lighting. I would think that Lighting would go along the lines of water or maybe wind but fire is different from my point of view. "Uncle" I think Can't Create Lightning he can only manipulate it, thats why he grabbed her hand and sort of Projected the attack to another direction, but zuko's sister can only create it out of her own body. So I still think she's a "one and only".
I was surprised to hear that he needed to go to back to his friend Bumi for training, He should have sought it when he was already there but I guess he needs to learn them in a certain order for him to control the next properly so he wont cause the problem as when he tried to learn fire bending.

and thats all I got to say about that ^_^
Although I'd like to see a few new characters brought into the story that are a more permenent part of the plot. I'd like to see another "prodigy" that has the elements of a "fake avatar" in which I mean he can control all elements in some way.

How ya doing, buddy?

New Record!
Acacia
Chocobo

Member 1401

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 01:51 PM #10 of 150
Yeah I watched episode 2 as well when it came out:
Spoiler:
I see what your saying about different elements being combined from one like water with ice, or the way earth is created into mud but I dont see how fire creates lighting. I would think that Lighting would go along the lines of water or maybe wind but fire is different from my point of view. "Uncle" I think Can't Create Lightning he can only manipulate it, thats why he grabbed her hand and sort of Projected the attack to another direction, but zuko's sister can only create it out of her own body. So I still think she's a "one and only".
I was surprised to hear that he needed to go to back to his friend Bumi for training, He should have sought it when he was already there but I guess he needs to learn them in a certain order for him to control the next properly so he wont cause the problem as when he tried to learn fire bending.

and thats all I got to say about that ^_^
Although I'd like to see a few new characters brought into the story that are a more permenent part of the plot. I'd like to see another "prodigy" that has the elements of a "fake avatar" in which I mean he can control all elements in some way.
Hmm, you have a point, but:

Spoiler:
I personally think lighting is a better sub-category for fire instead of water or wind, since lighting and fire both have "energy", y'know? And lighting creates fires, much like how ice will eventually melt into water, or how stone is "earth" particles...

...>_<;; Well, maybe that didn't make much sense.

Anyways, Zuko's sister (STILL can't remmber the name, argh. I should just rewatch the episode) is a total bitch, I love her. She a really interesting foil for Zuko, and I wonder how far she'll go in order to capture the avatar and her brother and uncle.

I forgot to mention this, but poor Zuko! He was so happy that his father wanted him back, but now he knows that he's seen as a worthless failure. I wonder though, since there's probably no way he can (re?)gain his father's trust, will he even bother to hunt the avatar? Or, will he be even more determined to capture him before his sister...?

I do think it's kinda weird how Aang visisted Bumi, but didn't learn any earth bending. Then again, he probably didn't know about the how comet thing, and might've been taking it easy, I suppose. Or maybe there's a reason to keep to the specific order?

EDIT: Oh shit, I just remembered!

In episode 16, the Deserter, Aang tries to learn fire-bending before he learns water or earth first, right? But it didn't go according to plan:

Spoiler:
When he burns Katara's hands, he demonstrated that he couldn't control the wildness of fire.

So, does that mean that, for an air avatar, fire has to be last because it's the most conflicting element, or the hardest to control without learning the other three first? >_>;;

Last edited by Acacia; Mar 19, 2006 at 01:55 PM.
ChibiSaysMew
Boo! I'm a ninja.

Member 3385

Level 1.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 06:29 PM #11 of 150
I haven't seen any of the new season yet (don't get much TV time), but I do love the show. Seeing something like that come out of Nickelodeon makes me happy. n___n;;

Shelter me, oh, genius words
Just give me strength
Just to pen these things
And give me peace to well her wings
And, oh, carry on, all you minstrels of the world
We will catch our ladies' ear
We will win for us the girl

Image © Yoko Matsushita.
Manip © Me, oh yeah.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:24 PM #12 of 150
Originally Posted by Acacia
In episode 16, the Deserter, Aang tries to learn fire-bending before he learns water or earth first, right? But it didn't go according to plan:

Spoiler:
When he burns Katara's hands, he demonstrated that he couldn't control the wildness of fire.
Yeah thats what I mentioned before becuase:
Spoiler:
The dude said something about learning the other elements first becuase fire is too wild to control

And you got a point about lightining creating fire, but thats when it strikes something. I'll wait to see if she can actually create fire as well.

New Record!

Last edited by Shenlon; Mar 23, 2006 at 09:21 AM.
Aoie_Emesai
Bananas gives K(potassium)

Member 1160

Level 5.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 09:04 AM #13 of 150
Avatar The Last Air Bender is a great show. Much better than any of the new shows on CN. I like how the storyline goes, though it's sorta regular. I'm glad it has its own originality in it too.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Acacia
Chocobo

Member 1401

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:15 PM #14 of 150
Yeah thats what I mentioned before becuase:
Spoiler:
The dude said something about learning the other elements first becuase fire is too wild to control

And you got a point about lightining creating fire, but thats when it strikes something. I'll wait to see if she can actually create fire as well.
Oh, did you? My mistake! (And it's been a while since I watched that episode too ^_^;; )

I'm sure she can create fire; after all, she's a prodigy, right?

And I looked at the Avatar homepage, and (I'll put it in spoilers, although it's right there on the Nick site):

Spoiler:
Suuposedly, super strong water benders can manipulate people like puppets because human beings are composed of about 2/3 water. That being said, I wonder if Katara'll manage to do that?

Ugh, if Avatar had a high rating, it'd be interesting to see if a waterbender can make someone explode. But that's pretty greusome...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
kensuke
E.D.F! E.D.F!

Member 1846

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 08:49 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 11:19 AM #15 of 150
Hey it's been a while, but has Season 2 finished yet? I'd like to download it all as one package to watch rather than wait 1 ep at a time.

FELIPE NO
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 09:06 PM #16 of 150
I think you can find some torrents on a few sites like www.torrentspy.com and www.isohunt.com.
New episodes have started airing last week I think, its the continuation to the 2nd book. I didn't think much of the series since Ang is such a damn kid but zuko's story is so much more interesting from what they showed in the new episode. I'm also glad he started growing his hair ^_^

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

New Record!
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 10:12 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 10:12 PM #17 of 150
season 2 is only on episode 7, eight will air this week i believe. you can also pick up the first 2 dvdsfor 11 at wallmart! first 8 eps, and bonuses!(which arnt anythign really special) but still, 11 for 4 eps destroys most other anime pricing, so i will probably go for it as soon as i have made some money(working this summer)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by aku; May 16, 2006 at 10:20 PM.
Acacia
Chocobo

Member 1401

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 11:11 PM #18 of 150
I am totally going to buy the DVDs. Although I have all of the episodes on my computer, I'd rather have it in much high quality, and without the silly Nick logo -_-;; (plus, I'd be supporting the industry...or something!)

Anyways, who watched the episode 7, 'Zuko Alone'?

Spoiler:
I think Zuko's my favorite character. I love how much character development the creators are putting into Zuko. They give him a tragic backstory, but they don't change his current personality. Love his new hairstyle too XD.

But who were thinks his mother died? Or did she simply run away? Did she kill Fire Lord Azulon?

I also want to see more Earth-Bending Toph! She's going to be an interesting member of the party; I wonder how she'll interact with the rest, Sokka in particular.

aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:52 AM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 12:52 AM #19 of 150
Well, on Mininova you can find isos of the first 3 dvds, which you can also pick up for like $11 at walmart(not a bad price). I went and picked them up today and at my walmart i got them for 25 for all the, little sale i guess.
Besides teh quallity jump there is no really diffirence in the DVDs though. i got them just because i happend to see all 3 and have the money otherwise i probly wouldnt have. But i still really like it, the special features are inrresting to say the least.

Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 11:59 PM #20 of 150
I have the entire first season... if anyone wants an episode, I'll try to upload it.

Btw, it's not DVD rip.

Anyways, Avatar roxxors. Bye.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 04:36 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 03:36 PM #21 of 150

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Complete Book I Collection is scheduled to be released on September 19th. I'll certainly be picking that up.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sinner_Krono
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9481

Level 1.34

Jul 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 10:37 AM #22 of 150
It is Nickelodeon's closest thing to and anime and it not half bad. I love the show. It raises so many questions about what will happen next. Will Aang and Katara ever get together.

How ya doing, buddy?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 08:37 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2006, 05:37 PM #23 of 150
The show's pretty decent. The action scenes have gotten better. I remember the first season's action scenes looked nice, but it felt like it was just a demo for various martial art moves without any actual connection (since they were using elemental powers and seldom went in for punch/kicks).

Although I'm loosely following the show, it's still interesting. Prince Zuko or whatever is cool without being annoyingly 'emo,' but I think I enjoy Toph and Sokka's screen time more than anything else on the show.

FELIPE NO
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 09:20 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2006, 09:20 PM #24 of 150
Originally Posted by Kurado
The show's pretty decent. The action scenes have gotten better. I remember the first season's action scenes looked nice, but it felt like it was just a demo for various martial art moves without any actual connection (since they were using elemental powers and seldom went in for punch/kicks).

Although I'm loosely following the show, it's still interesting. Prince Zuko or whatever is cool without being annoyingly 'emo,' but I think I enjoy Toph and Sokka's screen time more than anything else on the show.
Each of the styles of bending is based off a style of Chinese Marical Arts, Kung Fu...let me go check which is which, i will edit this in a few moments
Water Bending is basiced on Tia Chi
Earth Bending is basiced on Hung Gar(Tiger and Crane Style)
Fire Bending is basiced on Northern Shaolin Kung Fu
Air Bending is Basiced on Bagua(Circle Walking)
From the DVD extras ^^

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by aku; Jul 18, 2006 at 09:34 PM.
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2007, 01:28 PM #25 of 150
I'm uploading for Season 1 DVD-rip episodes for someone so I might as well share it with you guys.

Season 1 ~
Episode 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WIY40U04
Episode 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=30993S8L

How ya doing, buddy?

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Avatar: The Last AirBender