Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] School Rumble : Second Semester (Nigakki)

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 08:33 PM #101 of 122
True. Tenma just gets boring by the second ( yeah im repeatin' myself still )

In related news. Funimation has earned rights to School Rumble season 1 and 2 including the ova's and will start releasing dvds in 2007.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 08:20 AM #102 of 122
has anybody still been watching this. The last episode of nigakki airs next week and episode 25 was left with a sort of cliffhanger. Although it could be something like the end of the first season.
Anyhow it seems like there may be some harima and tenma love but i'm hoping for a third season ^_^

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

New Record!
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 09:52 AM #103 of 122
Yeah. Im just about tired of all this Harima and Tenma. Since we saw some stupid magical angel pop out before Yakumo, looks like we'll be getting a 3rd semester season. Can't wait for that ;p.

FELIPE NO
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 07:50 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 06:50 PM #104 of 122
how many seasons is School rumble gonna have? don't tell me its gonna be another Ranma :|

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 07:55 PM #105 of 122
I think we'll have to wait for some official news on the third season but so far it looks very likely.
I wouldn't mind if it keeps going though I enjoy every single episode.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

New Record!
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 09:15 PM #106 of 122
True. I think im seeing tenma in a positive way now.

Double Post:
Just saw episode 26 RAW version. It's about fucking time..

edit:There were some funny scenes. But yeah. There should be a 3rd installment to this series. Because of that, I decided to get the US dvds >=p. This will be the first time im getting US dvds since GTO.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by chato; Sep 24, 2006 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 03:44 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 06:44 AM #107 of 122
School Rumble is a great show, but it's taking so damn long for the appereance of a couple that I'm almost getting bored by waiting.

The good is that another semester means another full season of great jokes and funny moments.

I'm waiting so badly for Yakumo to be with someone this season, she's my favorite character, and it would be a shame if she stayed alone.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 08:19 AM #108 of 122
It was great but it's losing some story to it. It's getting a bit too random now and I hate that; reminds me Excel Saga and that was horrible. The love square or pentagon.. is what I really like about the show plus the comedy in it. It's one silly misunderstanding after another and they get more closer to each other.

And yes, the subs are taking forever. I can't remember the last time I grabbed an episode. The same goes for Tsubasa Chronicle.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 08:24 AM #109 of 122
the only ones subbing this are [your mom] I think. I haven't seen a wannabe release since episode 11.
The last episode was lots of fun with secrets revealed then forgotten so it kinda sucked that way. It just left me wanting more ^_^

New Record!
mindOverMatter
CLfAM

Member 14418

Level 8.57

Oct 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:13 AM #110 of 122
I heard that we are going to have to wait a long time for third term anime, since the manga for third term isn't out yet...gosh..I hope not..

Most amazing jew boots
Hold on just one second....when I signed up for life, this was not what I was expecting. Can I get a refund?
joshi
be a man!

Member 1901

Level 8.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 08:51 PM #111 of 122
I haven't seen any of these since episode 10 or 11, so I'm glad FUNimation will be releasing this (and Beck!). they did a really good job with Fullmetal Alchemist, so I can only hope that carries over to two of my favorite series.

FELIPE NO
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2007, 12:42 PM #112 of 122
Quote:
Anime News Network School Rumble - Ichi gaki Hoshuu
Plot Summary: This two-part OVA is a series of shorts in relation to the School Rumble series. This OVA fills in gaps with new content between episodes from beginning to nearly the end.
I hope Wannabe Fansub or "Your-Mom" subs this. This OVA covers a few plotholes from season 1-2. Not sure if thats true but the opening theme is Scramble so it might be just season 1. This is a good sign since we'll be seeing season 3 heading our way soon.

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2007, 02:40 PM Local time: Jul 4, 2007, 01:40 PM #113 of 122
Sweet, heh I still have to finish season 2. Your-Mom will most likely be subbing this, but I doubt Wannade Fansubs will though since School Rumble's been licensed (which sucks).

Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2007, 04:52 PM Local time: Jul 4, 2007, 03:52 PM #114 of 122
Wannabe Fansubs stopped SR because their translator ran out on them... but I doubt they would bother with doing SR again.

They would constantly mention in their IRC channel that they were so tired of the leechers and haters that they didn't want to bother fansubbing anymore.

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2007, 07:34 PM #115 of 122
I remember hating on this anime way back when the first season aired. then one day , I got hooked on it right away and watched 3 episodes during shop period. I don't see how anyone dislikes this anime but its whatever I guess.

Oh, and I also checked out that OVA. Unfortunately it was RAW but:

Spoiler:
This was an interesting episode. Most of it focused on Yakumo's story when,in that time, the 2nd season would cut Yakumo's time off and switch over to another scene. Once this thing is subbed , I'll know wtf they're talking about -.- ;. Overall a good episode and I decided that I like Yakumo more than Tenma. Also for those Tenma fans, there is a nice little fan service for you all. Enjoy

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2007, 09:17 PM #116 of 122
So the RAW for the OVA is already out?
hopefully a decent group will sub it. I loved the series from the first time I saw it I just hope it doesn't go bland.
Has season 3 actually been confirmed?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

New Record!
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:30 AM #117 of 122
So the RAW for the OVA is already out?
hopefully a decent group will sub it. I loved the series from the first time I saw it I just hope it doesn't go bland.
Has season 3 actually been confirmed?
Actually, there are two episodes to this OVA. No 3rd season confirmation just yet unfortunately =/. Though these two OVA's might be a little introduction to it. Ep 1 and 2 answers questions from s1 and 2.

Last edited by chato; Jul 5, 2007 at 12:33 AM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2008, 06:29 AM #118 of 122
School Rumble UPDATE

Important Bump for SR fans : School Rumble Third Term announced

Originally Posted by ANN
The official Japanese website for the School Rumble anime franchise is streaming a promotional video for School Rumble: Third Term, the newest anime adaptation of Jin Kobayashi's slice-of-life manga. The mini-series will ship in Japan with limited editions of the manga's 21st and 22nd compiled manga volumes, which will be released on July 17 and September 17, respectively. The page linked above normally has the broadcast previews for School Rumble, but it is streaming the promotional video since there is no television broadcast planned.

Funimation has been releasing the first two anime series on DVD in North America, and Del Rey has been releasing the manga series in North America.
School Rumble Third Term Teaser Site

Some good shit there. For those who never heard of this series, the first season is already out (a re-released boxset will come in August) in the US following the OVA and Second semester starting July.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by chato; May 21, 2008 at 06:33 AM.
Old May 21, 2008, 07:43 AM #119 of 122
I've been following the manga and I'm still not sure where the series is heading. It does and doesn't look like it's ending. It's odd like that. It's amusing to see scenes from some of the most recent chapters already being animated though.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2008, 03:12 PM #120 of 122
not sure if I should post it here but I don't feel like creating a new thread when no new series has been confirmed.

New ova came out and its subbed. It seems to have skipped all the way to last part of the third semester and since i don't read the manga I was lost in a few things.
Anyways It's called School rumble San Gakki and it didn't retain the level of comedy mostly because its suppose to be the so called finale. But it was awesome to to finally see some emotion come out of karasuma.
I got it from a sub group called chichiro and they used some over sized text which was a real put off imo.

New Record!
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2008, 03:27 PM #121 of 122
Daaamn.. wtf happened to episode 1-24 of the third semester? O.o:; . Anyway I'll check it out. No comedy is sort of a good thing on my part. Most of their jokes are the same or the other way around.

Old Jul 27, 2008, 09:52 PM #122 of 122
If you want you can go read the rest of it over at onemanga as the manga just finished. It had really meh ending. Basically a few people who are not the main characters hook up and not too much is really resolved. It's one of those "and the characters go on being themselves" endings. It's not terrible but you are left hanging a bit more than you'd like.

School Rumble 2 will be starting sometime in August. I have no idea if it'll be related but it'll probably be fun. I'm gonna miss seeing Harima if it's not related.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] School Rumble : Second Semester (Nigakki)