Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Nagasarete Airantou

CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 06:50 PM Local time: May 11, 2007, 07:50 AM #1 of 7
Nagasarete Airantou

wow can't believe no one started a thread dedicated to this great love-comedy anime *gasp* Guess I will have to start my own thread then ^ ^ This is my first time doing something like this, so forgive me if I did something wrong

Every one WELCOME to...

Japanese - ながされて藍蘭島
Romanji - Nagasarete Airantou
English - Drifted ashore to the blue orchard island

==================
History/Info
==================
Nagasarete Airantou is a Japanese manga series created by Japanese author Takeshi Fujishiro. It was first serialized in the manga magazine Monthly Shōnen Gangan in January 2002, published by Square Enix. Currently, nine volumes have been released in Japan. A few years later, a couple of drama CDs were released based on the manga version. Also, an anime adaptation by the animation studio Feel began airing in Japan on April 4, 2007. [taken from Wikipedia]

==================
Plot Summary (Spoiler for Episode 1)
==================
Nagasarete Airantou revolves around Ikuto Tohoin, the main protagonist, who ran away from home because of a fight with his father. Due to a life-long dream of wanting to board a ship, Ikuto decides to take a vacation until the ship is suddenly hit by a huge storm throwing Ikuto overboard. He wakes up the next day to discover he is on an uncharted island populated by girls. Ikuto finds himself to be extremely popular on the island due to the fact that no other men are currently on the island. In effect, nearly the entire island starts going after Ikuto to become his bride, all except a young girl named Suzu and her extremely old grandmother. Suzu's grandmother decides that Ikuto will live with Suzu for the time being, but Ikuto initially finds it difficult to adjust, especially with the entire island population after him night and day. Meanwhile, Suzu does her best to protect Ikuto from the masses. However, Ikuto still does not want to stay on the island any longer, and soon after arriving, he attempts to leave by boat, but discovers the island is completely surrounded by whirlpools and thus it is impossible to leave. With no other choice, Ikuto starts to settle into life on the island. [Taken from Wikipedia]

A/N: Doesn't that reminds you of all other generic harem animes. Especially Girls Bravo, Mahoroba.. etc

==================
Some screen shots + character introduction + commentaries
==================
Okay, so you have decided to check this anime out. So what is it about? Hows the art? Who are the main characters? Well this section will address most of those questions.

As a love-comedy-harem show goes, you cannot start one without a cute leading female, Suzu, and a ONLY leading male character, Ikuto... and of course that pink fluffy pig is Tonkatsu, the "mascot" of the anime, also Suzu's pet! (Doesn't those two look lovely together)

They shared their first kiss... *chu*

also their first bath... *lucky bastard*

Not surprisingly, rivalry is always an issue when you have over 100+ females and 1 male. So lemme introduce you to the contestants!!

First up we have Rin the carpenter (who always wanted a husband!), and Yukino on Kuma Kuma (the loli who constantly coerce Ikuto to have dates with her using her animal)

Next we have Suzu's main childhood rival, Akane, who always find opportunities to get even with Suzu. Now with Ikuto on the island, Akane beginning to find many ways to getting Suzu back with her always-screwed-up-plans. One of the many factors why Akane screws up, is because of her scary "spiritual" oneesan, Machi (pic shown below)

Of course in the first episode, Akane decide to whore Ikuto by using her flat-chest as a weapon (Ikuto receives 9999HP damage). Pic shows Suzu's back, Ikuto KOed, and Akane enjoying the skinship!

There are more characters for this anime series, and I couldn't possibly name them all. You will get to know each and everyone of them as you go along with the story.

I hope one day Ikuto can realise how lucky he is, having Suzu by his side.

Oh and did I say that I think Suzu is uber cute?

The art is amazing, good job on the product. Hope it stays this quality through out the 26 episodes. (Not confirmed about the episode number, but I am assuming its 26. But hopefully more )
Thats it for me now. GO AND DL AND SEE FOR YOUR SELF!!
I highly recommend this anime!

==================
Anime Releases
==================
Since I am sticking to Ayako Fansub's releases, I will only update their releases here.

Episode 1 - [XviD] [H264]
Episode 2 - [XviD] [H264]
Episode 3 - [XviD] [H264]
Episode 4 - [XviD] [H264]
Episode 5 - [XviD] [H264]
Episode 6 - [XviD] [H264]
Episode 7 - [XviD] [H264]
Episode 8 - [XviD] [H264]
Episode 9 - [XviD] [H264]
Episode 10 - [XviD] [H264]

Other fansub group includes -
Mendoi (release in MP4 format) - http://a.scarywater.net/mendoi/
Illusion (release in HQ H264 format) - http://illusion.sktesto.org/
Aurora (not sure if they decide to continue subbing or not) - http://aurora-subs.blogspot.com/

I choose Ayako since they are fast, and their quality is superb!

==================
Manga Releases
==================
Scanlated manga are being released by ATT sloowly... but its progressing.
To dl the manga, join #lurk@irc.irchighway.net and use these XDCC commands!
Spoiler:
/msg Neverwhere xdcc send #2050 - vol 01
/msg Neverwhere xdcc send #2051 - vol 02
/msg Neverwhere xdcc send #2052 - vol 03
/msg Neverwhere xdcc send #2053 - vol 04 c19
/msg Neverwhere xdcc send #2054 - vol 04 c20.0
/msg Neverwhere xdcc send #2055 - vol 04 c20.5
/msg Neverwhere xdcc send #2056 - vol 04 c21
/msg Neverwhere xdcc send #2057 - vol 04 c22
/msg Neverwhere xdcc send #2058 - vol 04 c23.5
/msg Neverwhere xdcc send #2059 - vol 04 c23
/msg Neverwhere xdcc send #7034 - vol 04 c24

==================
Other Releases
==================
There are drama CDs release, character singles, and soundtracks released for this particular title. (Of course they are all in Japanese)

Drama CD Vol.01
Nagasarete Airantou OP ED single [FLAC]
Nagasarete Airantou OP ED single [VBR]

There are more items avaliable online at yesasia.com or amazon.co.jp!

==================
Information
==================
Nagasarete Airantou Wikipedia
Official Manga Website
Official Anime Website
ANN Encyclopedia

Lastly, as a final remark. This is a very good love-comedy anime, and I am sure that Suzu will reel you into watching 'em just like Ikuto and myself

ENJOY! Bubu-bu buu~~ (says Tonkatsu)!!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by CuteChocobo; Jun 14, 2007 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Updated the torrents~
Old May 11, 2007, 09:33 AM #2 of 7
Excellent. I approve of you doing future threads. We need more of your kind around here.

I enjoy this show because it knows it's a harem show and goes all out. I haven't had a decent one of these in a while. Thank god the male character isn't a complete indecisive retard in this show because that terrible quality by and large is the reason that has made harem shows terrible these days.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 10:19 AM Local time: May 11, 2007, 11:19 PM #3 of 7
I read the scanlations of the manga roughly a year ago and I remember thinking that something like this couldn't possibly go unanimated.

This is one of the rare occasions where the TV series is well executed and faithful to its source material, so props for that.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 11:26 AM #4 of 7
I keep thinking of Suzu as a 2P Color Reimu, this is probably my self-delusion as this will be the closest thing to a Touhou anime we'll ever see ;_;

That being said I'm enjoying the show very much. I've also read the currently scanned manga and am (pleasantly) surprised how faithful it is to the original.

Also Rin is <3

How ya doing, buddy?
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 08:10 PM Local time: May 12, 2007, 09:10 AM #5 of 7
Well for the past 5 eps the anime has tried to be as close to the manga adaptation as possible, however there ARE noticeable changes, like Rin's sister, and lack in fan-service. However I like their attemps at trying to tie all the individual short stories together!!

[Review for Eps 5 is removed, and reposted in my ChocoJournal]

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by CuteChocobo; May 20, 2007 at 07:12 AM.
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2007, 07:08 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2007, 08:08 PM #6 of 7
*Bumping up my own thread again with updated torrent links + info*

This series is still one of my top must-gets of the week. Hopefully I can get more people into enjoying this mini-love-comedy-harem-thingy...

Episode 10 just released. Looking forward to watching it!

<3 Rin is still my fav~

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2007, 09:38 AM #7 of 7
It's harlem + comedy so that's a win but the characters seem a bit chibi so it loses points for that (in my book). I prefer it if they were older like in "Love Hina". I'll pass on this but it's good to know this show exists in case I get a bit bored over the summer.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Nagasarete Airantou