Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Lucky ☆ Star

Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:31 AM #26 of 216
I liked the first episode just for the randomness and going off on random Tangents. Hell, I even liked the ending. I hope it's a different ending each time.
That's what made it awesome, IMO. Like, I'm all for deep storylines and everything, but sometimes, I just want to kick back with one that has little to no plot and just randomness. As long as it's somewhat funny, it's all good.

I also want to know how the hell the subbers did the OP. Looks like hell to sub on time.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:21 AM #27 of 216
Interesting how they can make a 4-koma into a full ledge anime episode.
You clearly have never seen, read, heard of, or a combination of all three, Azumanga Daioh.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 02:37 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2007, 03:37 AM #28 of 216
Heh, the first episode was laid back alright. I enjoyed it nevertheless! I finally heard Kikuko Inoue's voice after a long, long time. It seems she's voicing Tsukasa and Kagami's mother (Miki Hiiragi in the closing credits) so it seems she's only voicing quite a small part this time round.....

Looking forward to the next episode!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2007, 06:27 PM Local time: Apr 17, 2007, 07:27 PM #29 of 216
Just finished episode two, which I really enjoyed. Though I'm not really sure why I enjoyed this one even though it wasn't much different from the first episode. The Golden Week segment was pretty well written though. Konata's pretty likable, mostly because she and I seem to have similar bad habits.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 11:47 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 09:47 PM #30 of 216
Quote:
Konata's pretty likable, mostly because she and I seem to have similar bad habits.
Its weird, characters that always have this self satisfying smirk on usually annoying me, but Konata seen to be very likable indeed, not sure why. lol

There is something sagely about her...

Another thing I like about this is the how easily one could identify with some of the things that they talk about... like procrastinating on homework assigment, etc. ;_;

Oh yeah, Change Getter for the win.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Magi; Apr 19, 2007 at 11:51 PM.
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:34 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2007, 12:34 PM #31 of 216
It's a shame that I just now noticed this, but the song sung during the ending animation of episode 2 is the opening theme of a 70's tokusatsu called Akumaizer 3. Similarly, the ending of episode 1 is the theme from a show called Uchuu Tetsujin Kyoudain. Even though this info is clearly listed in the ending credits, I thought the songs were made up for the show. Sheesh.

I guess every ending song will be an opening from a tokusatsu show. I hope they do the themes to Uchuu Keiji Gaban and Sharivan.

FELIPE NO

Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 09:15 PM #32 of 216
Add me to the list of people who somehow find Konata's charm strangely attractive.

Anyways, is it just me or does the OP just keep getting more and more addictive every time you watch it?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Anime FTP
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
KrazyTaco
urrrrrr

Member 753

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:07 PM #33 of 216
Whoever the VA is for Haruhi and Konata has a real knack for voicing characters who are instantly likable. I mean, the first few lines Konota says in the entire series had me attached to her instantly.

Second episode was better than the first as well. I like random humor, but they overemphasized the food stuff in episode 1 a bit much. A nice spread like what was in episode 2 is much better.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:30 PM #34 of 216
Whoever the VA is for Haruhi and Konata has a real knack for voicing characters who are instantly likable. I mean, the first few lines Konota says in the entire series had me attached to her instantly.
Incidentally, Konata's first line was:

" 'Cause if I join a team...
...I'll miss my prime time anime."

Anime FTP
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 02:38 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 12:38 AM #35 of 216
Aya Hirano does do a good job in that department. Less so when she played Pachira in MagiPokaan, but she was on par with Haruhi when playing Etoh Mei in Manabi Straight.

As for the second episode, I thought the timing of the humor was improved quite a bit from the first one. The opening segment on Golden Week gave us a good peek into the lives of Tsukasa and Kagami although my favorite part would have to be Konata and Co. at the arcades.

Also, we can't talk about episode 2 without going into anime references which include

Spoiler:

and of course, the Hare Hare Yukai rhythm game.

My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 01:41 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2007, 02:41 AM #36 of 216
Yeah, the second episode was a little better in that there was more variety in topics being discussed. All the anime references were an added bonus too. But it actually took me the second viewing before I caught the "Getter Change!" bit.

Still wondering when the rest of the cast will be introduced....
Spoiler:
....we meet the girls' teacher, Ms. Kuroi. We even get to see Kagami and Tsukasa's entire family - which reveals that there are a total of 4 sisters. Apparently the father and the eldest sister work at the shrine? Kagami reveals the second eldest is a college student. Kagami's mom looks suspiciously a lot like Konata though for some reason....or is it just me....? I thought their mom would be that pink haired woman shown waving in the OP but I was mistaken.....could that be Miyuki's mom? She can't be Konata's!

Episode 3 looks like it takes place in the summer? (just a guess, their uniform seems to have changed to short sleeves).

crabman
NEWS!

Member 17465

Level 11.09

Dec 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 01:16 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 11:16 AM #37 of 216
News to me i buy sausage actually means around 3 cm...

Did anybody else like take notes when they were discussing how they ate? I've actually always wondered how other people eat connettes. without the filling spewing out when you bite it, and it doesn't help if you eat it from the fat end since you get a face full of it instead of a shirt full. The cream puff thing was different though, i don't think i've ever had a cream puff that was split in two like that. All the ones ive had they usually they make a hole and like splooge it in... Japan is weird...

Onions, definitely a topper and like an accessory to the dish rather than an essential part.

it feels wrong to watch this in the computer commons at a university...

Soooo, do I get points for being leet?

Last edited by crabman; Apr 24, 2007 at 01:19 PM.
Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 07:52 PM #38 of 216
Let me just say that episode 5 is definitely my favorite so far. Maybe because I got all the inside terminology and little tidbits. So funny when she gets the rare sword online :'D.

oh my gawddd
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 08:11 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 06:11 PM #39 of 216
I think Konata is the only truly eccentric personality out of the group so far. In someways most of the episode is made up of personalities of other character bouncing off Konata about different issue/situations.

If you were to be somewhat cynical about it, perhaps Konata = Otaku type of setup is use to attract male otaku audience as I can relate to many of her bad habits (particularly in episode 4, I mean, I have the very exact same thing happened from time to times, like the surfing on the internet following flame wars, watching anime, reading comics while slacking off when I am suppose to be studying, spend the whole spring break playing MMORPG, etc, etc). Am I just that typical?

However, even with people complaining about the lack of "wit" compare to Azumanga , I think overall the characterization of Lucky Star with its girly chitchat is more realistic but also doesn't make it less amusing. I think one kind of have to approach this the same way that we have our daily musing about mundane issues, its interesting when it is being articulated, and I think this isn't taking the easy way out.

Lucky Star also have rather different appeal compare to Azumanga. There is a distinct nostalgic flavor to Azumanga, while I think Lucky Star deal with similar subject matters, its interest are more contemporary.

FELIPE NO
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 08:55 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 06:55 PM #40 of 216
Is it just me or is Lucky Channel getting worse and worse? It was probably the most hilarious segment in episode 1, but now that the main portion of the show has gotten a lot better, it feels like Lucky Channel is turning into a boring one-trick pony.

CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA is a pretty awesome way to end episode 5 though.

My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
Dekoa
Is now the Tolkein Red Shirt.

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 11:20 PM #41 of 216
Lucky CHannel is turning into a One Trick Pony, but I think that they are doing a great job on getting more and more humor out of their thirty minutes. I mean, in Episode three when I saw the Cromartie Skit, I would have blown milk outta my nose if I was drinking it at the time. ANd it was Added to later when they Bleeped out the names and stuff of some of the mentions as well as show another skit directly afterwards.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dekoa's Friend Quote: "You can't rape the Willing!"

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 11:57 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 09:57 PM #42 of 216
Of course, Lucky Channel (the end segment with Akira and Minoru) is not the same thing as Lucky Star (series in general).

Episode 5's Lucky Channel was probably the weakest one so far; I guess there's really only so much Akira can say about MMOs. They haven't yet done the profiles on Konata, Kagami and Tsukasa so I expect those should be worthwhile.

Eventually, I suppose Akira will just do the entire segment in her real personality.

Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 12:03 AM Local time: May 9, 2007, 10:03 PM #43 of 216
Its weird, because some of the komica's commentary indicated that Akira is quit different from the comic version. They said that Akira's personalities is being distorted (blacken in their words) in the anime version. Not sure how much of that is true. :< I kinda want to read the comic.

I wonder if they will release the cover sung by the characters, especially episode 5. :3

Oh, and Fumuffu too. :3 I want Konata's cover of that song. <3

Doesn't the teacher have a weird accent? O.o

♪♡
Thanks Seris!

Last edited by Magi; May 10, 2007 at 12:06 AM.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 12:24 AM #44 of 216
I finally watched Episode 1 (yeah I lag behind in a lot of things) the other day and found Lucky Star to be really cute. Went in and read the thread expecting it to be full of praises but looks like not many people are truly interested in it, which surprised me. The first episode sort of feels like what they did with Haruhi with a little less humour. Maybe it'll take a while to get better. When I understood what all the bleeping out was, I thought that was clever. I'm not motivated yet to get the rest of the episodes since I don't know if it'll be worthwhile in terms of cuteness and freshness.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 01:02 AM Local time: May 9, 2007, 11:02 PM #45 of 216
Sounds about the same as any other person speaking Kansai-ben (Osaka from Azumanga Daioh, Kero from Cardcaptor Sakura to name a few).

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 02:22 AM Local time: May 10, 2007, 09:22 AM #46 of 216
Its weird, because some of the komica's commentary indicated that Akira is quit different from the comic version. They said that Akira's personalities is being distorted (blacken in their words) in the anime version. Not sure how much of that is true. :< I kinda want to read the comic.
I've read a bit of it but I hate manga in general, so I can't really judge it. I didn't see much of a difference, though, which is one of the reasons I stopped reading (aside from not enjoying it very much).

It's Kansai-ben. It's not a very heavy Kansai-ben dialect though, so it's not as obvious as someone like Osaka, or people from Lovely Complex.

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 02:43 AM Local time: May 10, 2007, 03:43 PM #47 of 216
Did anyone notice Konata switching to polite speech when she talked to her teacher in-game? That surprised me. Is that a joke or just normal practice?

FELIPE NO
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 06:21 AM Local time: May 10, 2007, 03:21 AM #48 of 216
Well seeing as Konata KNOWS its her teacher, wouldn't she put on a more respective tone in what she says?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 08:24 AM Local time: May 10, 2007, 03:24 PM #49 of 216
Well seeing as Konata KNOWS its her teacher, wouldn't she put on a more respective tone in what she says?
Yeah I think it's a mini-joke. Kinda like her putting on a "good front" for her teacher. I love how the teacher is using -_- smileys when she's scolding Konata, though, that stuff's hilarious. Also, Konata trying to shoot the boy as a price and complaining about the lack of romance had me laughing.

Most amazing jew boots
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2007, 06:09 AM Local time: May 17, 2007, 07:09 PM #50 of 216
Some of the anime references really made me laugh for some reason:

Spoiler:

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Lucky ☆ Star