Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Bleach

Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 06:16 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:16 PM #26 of 311
Nekobo:
Spoiler:
It's common for a shonen manga for characters to always pull through, no matter how bad their wounds are. This is another reason why I don't like Bleach anymore, you have a huge finale to the Soul Society arc, and NO ONE dies. I would have at leas expected Aizen's lieutenant to be killed, but they even managed to ressurect her. imo, this really doesn't add to the drama that it's trying to create.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fumoffu
Carob Nut

Member 1594

Level 3.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:16 AM #27 of 311
I was about to give up after the SS arc, thinking that all filler arcs suck by default. (looks at Naruto) To my surprise, the new arc is actually decent. Not good, but not bad either.

Anyone know when Ep. 71 is supposed to air? I thought it was last week.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:06 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 03:06 PM #28 of 311
I liked this new arc too, even though it isn't as cool as Soul Society it's good.

Spoiler:
I'm just sad that the "Quincy guy" (forgot his name) lost his powers, he's so nice.
But on the other hand Rukia finally got back to the show, which I think it's great.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:13 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 07:13 PM #29 of 311
Bleach 71 will air on March 7. I don't know why they took a break, but it's only one week so it isn't that bad.

How ya doing, buddy?
Fumoffu
Carob Nut

Member 1594

Level 3.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:16 PM #30 of 311
Yuna,

Spoiler:
His name is Ishida Uryu.

The SS arc is dang good - it's a crime to compare a filler arc to it. IMO, the goodness of SS arc is on the same level of Rurouni Kenshin's Kyoto arc. Simply gold, that is.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:23 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 07:23 PM #31 of 311
I have to disagree with the Kenshin Kyoto Arc comparison. Bleach focuses too much on the battles, the bigger the better with things blowing up left and right, where the focus in Kenshin was more on the story, and it found a good balance between drama and battle. Maybe it's just because Kenshin and Shishio are such brilliant characters compared to Ichigo, Aizen en Rukia's brother, but Kenshin is far superior to Bleach.

FELIPE NO
Weeklan
Weeklan #02

Member 1605

Level 11.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:28 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 06:28 PM #32 of 311
^Maybe, but it's OK, just enjoy it I like to say. ^.^

Originally Posted by Yuna
I liked this new arc too, even though it isn't as cool as Soul Society it's good.

Spoiler:
I'm just sad that the "Quincy guy" (forgot his name) lost his powers, he's so nice.
But on the other hand Rukia finally got back to the show, which I think it's great.
Uh yeah his name is Ishida. Oh and...

Spoiler:
He will get his powers back :biggrin: But isn't that obvious already?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FFS!!
Fumoffu
Carob Nut

Member 1594

Level 3.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:45 PM #33 of 311
Originally Posted by Enkidu
I have to disagree with the Kenshin Kyoto Arc comparison. Bleach focuses too much on the battles, the bigger the better with things blowing up left and right, where the focus in Kenshin was more on the story, and it found a good balance between drama and battle. Maybe it's just because Kenshin and Shishio are such brilliant characters compared to Ichigo, Aizen en Rukia's brother, but Kenshin is far superior to Bleach.
Thanks for the feedback, Enkidu.

Perhaps I should have been more specific in my comparison. In my mind, Kyoto is far above and beyond SS in terms of plot and character development. I realize that Rurouni Kenshin in general, and the Kyoto arc in particular, is the epitome of a very rare breed of animation brilliance. But in terms of viewer enjoyment, IMHO, SS managed to capitivate me in the same fashion as Kyoto because of plot twists that I didn't see coming at all.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:52 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 07:52 PM #34 of 311
I see your point, and I have to agree, now that I understand it better. Out of the entire Kenshin series, the Kyoto Arc was easily the most enjoyable (although Reminiscence is the best in terms of story and overall quality), just as SS is a lot better than the filler crap and the first random episodes.

Fumoffu
Carob Nut

Member 1594

Level 3.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 03:20 PM #35 of 311
And on a bright note, the current Bleach fillers are nowhere near as bad as the filler crap that followed the Kyoto arc.

Back to Bleach. Am I the only one who actually enjoys the introduction of the three new plushies? Kon was great and still is great, but he needs new companions. Let's hope that they somehow stay when the show goes back on track.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
NES Oldskooler
Faust

Member 768

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:50 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 10:50 AM #36 of 311
Bleach is pretty decent. I started watching it, and was expecting the typical kind of routine anime where there's comedy, then a monster appears, and Ichigo transforms into a ghost to kill it, repeating until the end of the series.

I was pleasantly surprised when an actual story started developing, and before I knew it, the Soul Society story arc was over at episode 60-something. It's a fun anime to watch, and one of the few I tune into often.

Most amazing jew boots
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:55 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 04:55 PM #37 of 311
Originally Posted by Fumoffu
And on a bright note, the current Bleach fillers are nowhere near as bad as the filler crap that followed the Kyoto arc.

Back to Bleach. Am I the only one who actually enjoys the introduction of the three new plushies? Kon was great and still is great, but he needs new companions. Let's hope that they somehow stay when the show goes back on track.
1) I agree with you completely there. The fillers after the Kyoto arc were so bad that I ended up eradicating them from my mind. Still, those post-Kyoto fillers weren't nearly as horrendous as the last episode...

2) No, you're not; I love the new plushies! Chad and his plushie are hilarious. The duck thing was also pretty cute. Truthfully speaking, I was actually getting tired of Kon and his...thing for Inoue.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by elwe; Mar 4, 2006 at 04:58 PM.
Secret Singer
damn

Member 263

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 08:37 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 06:37 PM #38 of 311
Hmm.. I wonder how predictable the Soul Suckers are going to be? As in trying to tempt Ishida to join them willingly, to gain their powers but use them for good. That seems obvious for a plot twist, and that it will be refused. I don’t read ahead in the Manga but some things dont need to be in the manga.

Last edited by Secret Singer; Mar 4, 2006 at 08:50 PM.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 08:49 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 05:49 PM #39 of 311

I like how the new plushies add to the comedy of the show. I especially thought it was amusing seeing how...

Spoiler:
...Rukia reacted to the Chappy look-alike.

FELIPE NO
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:31 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:31 AM #40 of 311
On the side note, did they decide to not air a Bleach episode this week? They seem to do that more and more often.

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:07 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 03:07 PM #41 of 311
Originally Posted by Enkidu
Bleach 71 will air on March 7. I don't know why they took a break, but it's only one week so it isn't that bad.
That should answer your question.

I took a break from Bleach right after the...

Latest Manga Spoilers
Spoiler:
Arrancar battle.

I don't know why. I figured I'd catch up later. I really like the new cast of characters that've appeared, especially the

Spoiler:
Hentai-reading Vaizard. That's pimpish.

Soulsword
Strongest Blade

Member 663

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:46 PM #42 of 311

I agree with everyone on this that Kon is funny and all but the new plushies add more humor than just Kon, especially Nove and Chado those two just go together.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:58 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:58 PM #43 of 311
I love the new plushies as well. It made watching the ending credits more entertaining now that I knew what they were. Initially, I thought it was just the most random ending credits I've ever seen, since the plushies weren't quite in the show yet when it came out. Sunset Swish's "My Pace" isn't nearly as catchy a song as YUI's "LIFE", which I absolutely loved.

How ya doing, buddy?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:27 PM #44 of 311
The new plushies are funny and cute; I hope they stay even after the fillers.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ZeroSlash
HIKARI NE NARE!

Member 1662

Level 12.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:38 PM #45 of 311
I've only started watching bleach a little after christmas and I've seen the first ten episodes. For the first ten they were very entertaining. Like I've said many times, I'm stuck on dial up and I can only see them when my friend burns them for me but he's stuck doing the damnable Senior Project so he can't burn any more for my untill way later.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dewman
Your time freezing device is rusty

Member 1109

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:28 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 03:28 PM #46 of 311
What is the point of the plushies? Don't Claude/Ririn/Nova kick enough arse for them not to warrant being toys. They should get to do something, since they seem to be more powerful than enyone else of the gang

Outlaw
Do not use elevator while on fire

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:24 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 06:24 PM #47 of 311
Aparently the anime has been licenced....It was inevitable....

Quote:
Viz Media Acquires Bleach Anime (06:36 PM EST): According to this report from C21 Media back on February 6th, Viz Media has acquired the Bleach anime in order to push more into the teen anime market. This comes at a time when a recent Cartoon Network interview has the commentator talking about how Bleach is very much an Adult Swim oriented show and would fit well in their line-up. Time that with Inu Yasha getting closer to finishing and it looks as if Viz Media is lining things up for their next big TV push in addition to Naruto.

Most amazing jew boots
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:36 PM #48 of 311
Let's just hope they don't kill the voices... I could imagine the voice of Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho being Ichigo's voice.

Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:43 PM #49 of 311
Son of a..I said that.

It's a shame that Viz got hold of it. It would have been awesome if Funi licenced Bleach. Anyway, I might consider watching the anime again.

Nekobo
Axefighter??

Member 835

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 02:56 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 12:56 AM #50 of 311
I thought this was unconfirmed, since it hasn't been mentioned officially by Viz? Also, animesuki is still hosting and Lunar hasn't acknowledged this as official, either.

Either way, it will eventually get licensed. I'm just glad it's not by Funimation or 4Kids (poor One Piece, RIP Shaman King).

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Bleach