Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Lucky ☆ Star

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2007, 11:42 AM #201 of 216
Oh ? I heard it was October unless I missed an update saying that it got pushed back. Clannad's better news anyway =]. 'bout time you make a thread on that, good man.

The thing with Akira and Shiraishi should continue on in the next season. Honestly, I want him to have a bigger role in the story. That dude's funny =/.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 01:10 PM #202 of 216
Best Haruhi Season 2 commercial EVER. =D

Now I await Clannad which will more than likely leave me weeping like a giant baby since Air and Kanon both succeeded in doing so.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:19 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2007, 01:19 AM #203 of 216
Whoa! a.f.k. just released episode 23 only a day after releasing episode 22! He's on fire!!!

Can't wait to watch this episode!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Oct 7, 2007, 02:27 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2007, 12:27 AM #204 of 216
I was kind of expecting some sort of massive tearfest like what happened at the end of Azumanga Daioh, but I'm glad (?) Lucky Star avoided any kind of "final episode" vibe except for the lack of an OP animation. No graduation, Lucky Channel still in shambles... at least this way we still feel like their story isn't concluded yet and that they'll still be together for us to come back to.

Tough void to fill in, really. Clannad is sure to be worth watching, but a series like that never quite matches the feel of a slice of life series that has an actual progression of time.

I hope they decide to do a live concert, similar to the Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekisou one in March. I can only imagine it would be a lot fun.

Most amazing jew boots
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2007, 12:25 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2007, 01:25 PM #205 of 216
Originally Posted by Sakabadger
I hope they decide to do a live concert, similar to the Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekisou one in March. I can only imagine it would be a lot fun.
OMG, Minoru will steal the show!! If it ever happens it would definately be worth seeing!

How ya doing, buddy?
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Nov 1, 2007, 12:38 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2007, 10:38 AM #206 of 216
Originally Posted by AnimeNewsNetwork
ANN has confirmed rumors that a teaser for Lucky ☆ Star is included as an extra on The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Volume 4. According to the last frame of the teaser, Lucky ☆ Star is "coming soon from Kadokawa Pictures USA and Bandai Entertainment, INC." The full teaser can be seen on YouTube. Bandai Entertainment has declined to comment on the release.
Excellent. Looks like ADV and Bandai are dueling over KyoAni titles! Clannad coming from ADV 2009 and Haruhi 2 from Bandai 2010 rite? Figures that Bandai would nab this one though, what with all the cross advertising they can do with Haruhi.

Of course, the question now is: how will the translations be? Extras? Packaging? I hope they include more stuff relating to the actual production of the series, not just English VA commentary and commercials.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Sakabadger; Nov 1, 2007 at 12:42 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 12:51 PM #207 of 216
Those pillow covers they give out for Haruhi make me feel dirty. All I want are the two DVDs and a single/OST. I doubt I'll ever use those iron-ons either. But oh god the pillow covers. They sit there in their plastic wrap taking up space because I hate throwing collectible crap out. They are my shame.

KyoAni/Bandai, if you could help me not feel as much a perv when you release Lucky Star here I'd be very appreciative.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2007, 07:01 AM Local time: Nov 2, 2007, 02:01 PM #208 of 216
Those pillow covers they give out for Haruhi make me feel dirty. All I want are the two DVDs and a single/OST. I doubt I'll ever use those iron-ons either. But oh god the pillow covers. They sit there in their plastic wrap taking up space because I hate throwing collectible crap out. They are my shame.

KyoAni/Bandai, if you could help me not feel as much a perv when you release Lucky Star here I'd be very appreciative.
Haha, that thing is pretty horrifying. I managed to give the cosplaying apparel away to some girls so I think the worst of it is out of my house, but even they thought the pillowcase was too much.

But yeah I agree, give us something we can use. I like the Haruhi/SOS-dan icon iron-ons cause they're really quite stylish, but I'm not really ready to wear a shirt with a giant image of Konata, either. Give us something we can use! And not in the dirty way, either!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2008, 10:23 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2008, 11:23 PM #209 of 216
Hey, Hey!!

Has anyone seen the OVA? I caught a glimpse of it when I was in the Animate shop in Ikebukuro last week. It seemed like they were renacting some anime or something in one scene, or just cosplaying in general I guess. I see 2 groups have released it on Tokyo Toshokan, but I wonder if a.f.k. will release it anytime?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2008, 10:46 AM #210 of 216
I saw it and I really enjoyed it, it cut down all the slow paced conversations and moves on to lots of lucky star humor. Especially loved that they finally showed the mmorpg that she was playing.
The ending with the frogs was freaky

There's nowhere I can't reach.

New Record!
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2008, 11:46 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2008, 09:46 AM #211 of 216
a.f.k. is dead. They've been dead for awhile and I don't see any resurrections coming in the near future.

But yes, I have seen that episode and the amount of stuff I liked to the amount of stuff I disliked was about 50/50. Let's just say that if you enjoyed the TV series, you'll get a kick out of the OVA and if you didn't you'll find some of the boring parts to be really annoying.

Most amazing jew boots
My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
Old Oct 18, 2008, 12:00 PM #212 of 216
They're dead? D=

We had some good times, a.f.k.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2008, 01:33 PM #213 of 216
a.f.k's been dead for close to a year now. And yeah, I miss a.f.k.

I watched the OVA as well, and I enjoyed it a lot. I reminded me how much I loved the original series. I got a real kick out of the MMORPG bit along with the random references to random stuff (Hatsune Miku from Vocaloid and Zero from Code Geass come to mind).

I was speaking idiomatically.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2008, 08:56 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2008, 09:56 AM #214 of 216
Man, they're gone? Damn, and they did such great work too. I was hoping that they would do Haruhi 2 when it finally gets released.....

Guess I'll have to go check out this OVA then ASAP!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2008, 11:03 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2008, 08:03 PM #215 of 216
a.f.k is dead cause strato, the translator who did good work, is AWOL. Before he went AWOL, there was a dispute between various people in the group, cause strato wanted to focus on Clannad, while the others wanted to do Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei. My guess he got fed up with the arguments and drama.

Also, the OVA is amusing. My fav part is the MMO parody.

Get the fansubs here.

Lucky Star OVA

FELIPE NO

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; Oct 21, 2008 at 11:08 PM.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2008, 04:20 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2008, 05:20 AM #216 of 216
I found it a bit strange that they were still in High School in the OVA. I guess I was kinda' expecting it to show more about their post-school lives and such.....

...then again, I guess it wouldn't be as funny if they were shown as University students instead....or would it?

The MMORPG was the best probably, with the dream sequence a close second. What the hell was with the frogs? Some sort of Twilight Zone sequence or something?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Lucky ☆ Star