Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:06 PM #226 of 1323
Quote:
HOLY SHIT. I'm not alone!!!
HOLY SHIT, someone besides me who cares.

I think I'll vote for him. The lack of Klonoa love here is saddening.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:10 PM #227 of 1323
Where did all this Crash/Jak & Daxter/Ratchet & Clank hate come from

Granted, I would definitely NOT want to see them in this, but I like their games

Okay, this has been bugging me for quite some time.

Originally Posted by Weekly Famitsu Column "Masahiro Sakurai's Thoughts About Games" Reproduced with permission from volumes 130-vol.132; PAGE 3

So, development would not be occurring at Hal Labs. But, the code and development environment of Super Smash Bros. Melee, which I had developed in the past, was offered. Having this versus not having this means the efficiency of the development changes dramatically, so I'm thankful.

But we still didn't have enough people. To create a game like Super Smash Bros. Melee, I would want a team with a minimum of 50 people. Getting together that many people would be a back-breaking task.

So it was that Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto introduced me to a "particular team" that had just completed a large-scale game.

Until the day comes when I can announce the team's name, I shall simply refer to them as "The Studio."

"Let's do it. Let's definitely do it!"
The words of The Studio's executive were very simple.

I was surprised when I saw the GameCube controllers they were using. The coating on the analog stick was worn down like an old eraser...
"Our guys have played Smash Bros. more than 10,000 times!"

It had to be a lie.
But when I saw their battle records, it showed a terrible number of matches that were not fabricated.

This was the result of years of uninterrupted playing of Smash Bros. during lunch breaks. There are often cases where your team doesn't understand the content of the game you're making, but that wouldn't be a concern this time.

It was promising.
This had to have been fate.
So, with the members of The Studio as our core, we dramatically increased our staff members.
So... what is this "The Studio?"

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:14 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 01:14 AM #228 of 1323
Originally Posted by Darkcomet72
Is this like some question for details and specific team member names, or do you actually not understand what the text is saying?

Quote:
Until the day comes when I can announce the team's name, I shall simply refer to them as "The Studio."
It's the team developing Smash Bros Brawl and they simply haven't named it yet.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:25 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 02:25 PM #229 of 1323
Took of pom's brilliant graphic and made this quick ytmnd. ^_^

http://mariowryyy.ytmnd.com/

EDIT: Fixed with actual WRYYYYYYYYYYYY Sound that I just found out about.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by WolfDemon; May 11, 2006 at 08:18 PM.
Dalkaen
hi i want to creat a 21 songs

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 05:28 PM #230 of 1323
I've watched the trailer like eight times by now. Pure awesomeness. I'm extremely excited. I like how no one cares that it's called the Wii anymore. Nintendo knows what they're doing here.. They announce that they're calling their new console the Wii, attracting huge amounts of coverage and strong reactions from just about everyone. It doesn't really matter that it was mostly negative; everyone was paying attention when suddenly, boom, they start announcing things about the new SSB game. Now everyone wants a Wii.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:51 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 03:51 PM #231 of 1323
This is total bullshit. Anyone who says Snake is a nintendo character is a fucking idiot, his debut was on the MSX and the mahority of his games have been on Sony consoles. Yes, he was on two games, one of which was a remake of a PSX game, but that doesn't make him any more of a character than Sonic the hedgehog or Megaman. This isn't a game about characters from third party Nintendo games beating the shit out of each other, its about first party (HAL, EAD, Intelligent Systems, Gamefreak) nintendo characters beating the shit out of each other.

FELIPE NO
Technophile
With my hands...Be My Last

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:00 PM #232 of 1323
Originally Posted by kuttlas
This is total bullshit. Anyone who says Snake is a nintendo character is a fucking idiot, his debut was on the MSX and the mahority of his games have been on Sony consoles. Yes, he was on two games, one of which was a remake of a PSX game, but that doesn't make him any more of a character than Sonic the hedgehog or Megaman. This isn't a game about characters from third party Nintendo games beating the shit out of each other, its about first party (HAL, EAD, Intelligent Systems, Gamefreak) nintendo characters beating the shit out of each other.
Um...who cares? The bottom line is, the game is awsome, the character is awsome, therefore, having them both together is great regardless of the chararcter's origins.

How ya doing, buddy?
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:07 PM #233 of 1323
I don't get why people would not want so and so character to be in a fighting game. If you don't think this guy should be in it, then just don't use or unlock that character...should be a no-brainer.

I don't care for the character himself, but damn, his appearance in the trailer was brilliant enough to make me want to play him :D

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:07 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 05:07 PM #234 of 1323
Originally Posted by kuttlas
you forgot Rare.

Anyways, man this thread exploaded like nobodie's business. I turn away for 20 hours, and i find 10 pages of posts to read. O well, gave me something to do.

Man, this game has me excited like nothing else. I'm so pumped for this game, no one has any idea, not even me. One day, i'll get my hands on this game, and instantly die from it's pure awesomness.

Anyways. I find it disturbing that Diddy was neglected from Melee. If that happens again with Brawl, i won't be happy (but nothing could ruin my mood, so.... yeah whatever) I'd really like to see Diddy and Dixie in the game, but if only one, then Diddy. Maybe have them teamed up like Zelda/Sheik, or Ice Climbers. Diddy Kong is just as much a Nintendo Character as Donkey Kong.

I'm concerned about the number of third parties involved in this game. Some are ok, but Nintendo, please, don't go overboard.

EDITED CAUSE I ALMOST THREW UP WHEN I REREAD THIS POST. Apparently grammer and I are still fighting.

Last edited by Helloween; May 11, 2006 at 06:30 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:09 PM #235 of 1323
The only thing about Snake's prescence that bugs me is when people praise Nintendo for being brilliant for including him, when in fact it was Kojima who begged for Snake to be put in. If anyone needs all the praise or hate, it's him.

How ya doing, buddy?
kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:10 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:10 PM #236 of 1323
I agree that Snake is a cool character, but it's about Nintendo history as much as it is about gameplay. I don't think Snake fits in with that history.

By the way, if anyone wants to suggest characters on the Japanese site, I've taken a screen shot of the URL and the pull menu option for characters for you to match up.To suggest music, pick the third option. You might want to write it in Japanese or at least their Japanese names in english if you have any hopes of them listening to you.

Attached Images
File Type: png suggest.png (64.7 KB, 46 views)
Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:14 PM #237 of 1323
Originally Posted by Helloween
you forgot Rare.

Anyways, man this thread exploaded like nobodie's business. I turn away for 20 hours, and i find 10 pages of posts to read. O well, gave me something to do.

Man, this game has me excited like nothing else. I'm so pumped for this game, no one has any idea, not even me. One day, i'll get my hands on this game, and instantly die from it's pure awesomness.

Anyways. I find it disturbing that Diddy was neglected from Melee. If that happens again with Brawl, i won't be happy (but nothing could ruin my mood, so.... yeah whatever) I'd really like to see Diddy and Dixie in the game, but it only one, then Diddy. Maybe have they teamed up like Zelda/Sheik, or Ice Climbers. Diddy Kong is just as much a Nintendo Character as Donkey Kong.

I'm concerned about the number of third parties involved in this game. Some are ok, but Nintendo, please, don't go overboard.
Yeah, I'm excited about it as well. It's been a while since I've been so hyped up about a game. The last time was what, Golden Sun 2?

I'd love to see Banjo, Kazooie, and Conker. Then again, it's Rare..and..well....yeah..

I'd kill to see more Pokemon, though.

Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:14 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 03:14 PM #238 of 1323
After the intial shock of the new characters I'm now more excited about SSBB's online component. Which I think will be flipping awesome as long as the lag isn't significant. And if Nintendo's DS Wi-Fi network is any indication then I think everything will turn out fine. Hopefully they will work in some kind of system to punish those who just turn off their systems when they're about to lose and maybe a replay system so you can review your opponent's tactics and what not.

As for Snake getting into the game, most of the folks I've talked to seem to have no problems with Snake being in the game. Most see it as a good thing, but like all good things 3rd party characters should be added with moderation. Can't just throw in any old character that wants in. Not to mention it almost seems he got in as a personal favor or something.

MuppeTFuckeR
Chocobo

Member 4359

Level 9.00

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:16 PM #239 of 1323
Originally Posted by Darkcomet72
Takahashi Tezuka, EAD's general manager told IGN that team is made up of 70 people, and on side note that Nintendo Tokyo (not EAD) is the studio making Super Mario Galaxy. The team making SBB is likely an EAD team. - http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707840p1.html

FELIPE NO
kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:19 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:19 PM #240 of 1323
methinks Nintendo doesn't want to throw away their weak relationship with Konami by turning him down. Hideo Kojima has been whoring Snake out on the PS2 as well, in Ape Escape 3 there's a massive Konami-developed minigame included where you play as a monkey snake.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by kuttlas; May 11, 2006 at 06:22 PM.
Free.User
See You, Space Cowboy

Member 62

Level 32.80

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:21 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 03:21 PM #241 of 1323
Originally Posted by Mobius One
Miyamoto Shigeru should be a playable character too. He could use Wiimotes as weapons!
You know who would be even better? REGGIE!

How ya doing, buddy?

Mario Kart DS: 498293-921939____
Star Fox Command: 155-576-696-451____
Metroid Prime Hunters: 4854-1233-4943____
Final Fantasy III: 506891214495____
Xfire: freuser____
Steam: Free.User
____
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:22 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 03:22 PM #242 of 1323
That or some kind of character exchange program is going on where DDR gets Mario and SSBB gets Snake.

kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:27 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:27 PM #243 of 1323
Originally Posted by Free.User
You know who would be even better? REGGIE!
Here's my ideas for characters:

Mashman (from action 52, he's been in just as many nintendo games as snake, why not?)
a deck of nintendo hanafuda cards
a massive animate swarm of wiimotes

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:34 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:34 PM #244 of 1323
They need Earthworm Jim in there. He was all over the SNES. Not to mention some character(s) from Tales of Symphonia. Lloys would totally kick ass.

TEMPEST BITCH!

ApOcaLyPSe_1985
Wiivolution

Member 1331

Level 13.75

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:37 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 01:37 AM #245 of 1323
Hey guys,

I'm sure it hasn't been posted before but there's a chance I could've have missed a post in this thread. Anyways, Nintendo of Japan has opened up a page where you can submit ideas for 3rd party characters since they're looking to add some more. I can't read/type Japanese so if you'd like, please add a request for Classic Rockman or Rockman.EXE for me (or not)

Fight Nintendo! For everlasting peace!
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:39 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 03:39 PM #246 of 1323
Originally Posted by J-Man
Not to mention some character(s) from Tales of Symphonia. Lloys would totally kick ass.
TEMPEST BITCH!
they should have Cless or whatever his name was, from Tales of Phantasia all 3d and kick ass, I've always thought about king boo but he might be to close to kirby and jiggly puff (round, and floats)

kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:42 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:42 PM #247 of 1323
This is one of the most shocking things I've heard since Nintendo selling Rare...

I've submitted the poll, Here's my final list, in english:

Sonic the hedgehog
Sonic the hedgehog
Sonic the hedgehog
Shigeru Miyamoto
Diddy Kong
Meowth
Viewtiful Joe
Bomberman
Rockman

FELIPE NO
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:02 PM #248 of 1323
You know. Banjo and Kazooie can always make it in the roster..

How ya doing, buddy?
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:04 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:04 PM #249 of 1323
Originally Posted by chato
You know. Banjo and Kazooie can always make it in the roster..
That would be sweet, it could be the team style characters with Kazooie in Banjos backpack, and you can split them and play them seperatly

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:06 PM #250 of 1323
Originally Posted by WolfDemon
Took of pom's brilliant graphic and made this quick ytmnd. ^_^

http://mariowryyy.ytmnd.com/
Fails for lack of actual WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY sound.

At least do it right.

How ya doing, buddy?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl