Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Arcade] Pump It Up : New Xenesis

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 12:21 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 12:21 PM #1 of 4
Pump It Up : New Xenesis

Originally Posted by Kyosuke Kagami
The name of the new Pump It Up version is the New Xenesis:

This is the OFFICIAL name of the new mix to be revealed at WPF.

Some of the details we have knowledge of:

-The release date: 12/December/2006 (in Mexico). Or possibly during WPF? unconfirmed
-This version may not be compatible with the mk5 board. unconfirmed
-It's possible that this version will be distributed with the mk7 board. unconfirmed
-Pre-sale price (in Mexico): US$1200. confirmed
-37 new songs. unconfirmed
-7 new songs in POP Channel. unconfirmed
-The 6 songs from Exceed SE may be featured here. unconfirmed
-New game mode OR old game mode that makes a come-back. unconfirmed
-Official Pump it up NX site opens in 1 month. confirmed (?)

Here's to an awesome new mix!
I would have pasted the possible logo, which is the unconfirmed logo at this time, but I'm at work at the moment, and they only have IE on these comps.

Anyway, your thoughts?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
=+Yuni+=
C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

Member 14890

Level 7.40

Nov 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 02:45 AM #2 of 4
Wait... are these details only for Mexico?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 07:32 AM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 07:32 AM #3 of 4
No, I think that's just the pre-sale price for Mexico's version. Andamiro doesn't change anything for any region in their arcade versions.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2006, 02:25 AM #4 of 4
Ok before the good... the bad about NX :

*Freevolt is no longer with Andamiro
This translates to : the interface graphics look fugly in comparison to Zero... the background animations are not looking too hot either in comparison... but not ugly like the interface.

*Yahpp has broken off from Banya and now his songs are designated as must by Yahpp

*The interface has returned to PREX3 land... in otherwords... there is no sorting... all of the songs are on the same list... what's worst is only 3 songs are displayed at once... you still get to choose your station before playing

*The new licensced music I've heard from NX has not been as pleaseing to the ears as the Zero songs... out of them I've found 3 songs I like... not a lot (this is coming from a PIU player)

*The game features shitty American rap.... blah

*Unlike Exceed 2 Andamiro has lost the will to make step charts for every mode for each song... so if they want something to be just for "freestyle" they'll not make Crazy or Nightmare steps for it... in other words they've decided to be lazy bastards.

The good :

*The game now features a few full length songs (think around 5 minutes)

*The game has world tour mode... which has brand new step charts for every song

*Not many songs were dropped in this mix

"MAJOR UPDATE TO THE INFORMATION LIST! SPECIAL THANKS TO BLODIASPIKE FOR HELPING US OUT WITH SPECIFIC INFO!

Now that the first screenshots and videos of the new game are emerging, we now get to see for ourselves what Andamiro's got in store for us. The game has been hyped with countless features, a humongous song list, and new stations among other things. But now that we've seen the interface, the Pump community is questioning what in the world Andamiro was thinking with this mix. Many of us, including myself, initially thought the footage we've been shown thus far has all been a crazy elaborate hoax. Apparently it's not. We won't try to force any opinions on you, so check out the new footage for yourself! The screenshots and footage are spread out throughout the posts, and the discussion thread about it is growing exponentially larger by the minute. After the initial shock of the interface wears off, confirmed features in the game emerge to console us, and some of what's been told is pretty damn good!

The game is now being playtested (and now confirmed to be RELEASED) in Mexico, so the full feature list will be here any time soon. But for now, we've got a roundup of confirmed facts for you!

NEW CONFIRMED BANYAS AND YAHPP ORIGINALS:
Yahpp - Arch of Darkness (BPM 135.5)
Yahpp - Chimera (BPM 210)
Yahpp - Final Audition Episode 2-1 (BPM 170)
Yahpp - Final Audition Episode 2-2 (BPM 200)
Yahpp - Witch Doctor #1 (BPM 122)
BanYa - Bullfighter's Song (BPM 168)
BanYa - Do You Know That -Old School-
BanYa - 2006 Love Song
BanYa - Gun Rock
BanYa - Ugly Dee
Jin Yang Hyun vs. Yahpp - U Inside My Dim Memory
Hyang Lim Park vs. Yahpp - My Brother is Street Singer

NEW K-POPS:
B.E.G. & Cho PD - Hold the Line
Epik High - Fly
Dynamic Duo - Go Back
DJ DOC - One Night
N.Ex.T - For You
Jong Kook Kim - Lovely
Apple Jam - Snow Dream
Jiny - Free
Hyun Jin Young - Hyun Jin Young Go Jin Young Go
Typhoon - So
Ururbu Project - Terminal Depository
May - Handsome Character That Pass

NEW POPS:
DJ Dookie - Hybs
DVS - Bust Back
Andrew Kim - Throw 'Em Down
Haley - Sam-I-Am
Gyfted - We Goin' Fly (Remix)

CONFIRMED REVIVALS:
U'Two - Guilty Conscience (now called "Mistake")
N.Ex.T - Lazenca, Save Us
Som2 - Pray
Deux - Come Back To Me
Crying Nut - Circus Magic

CONFIRMED DROPPED SONGS:
BanYa - Hate
BanYa - Pumping Up
BanYa - My Way
BanYa - Street Show Down
BanYa - Free Style

CONFIRMED SPECIAL STATION SONGS:
-all Anothers from Zero: unlocked
-all remixes from Zero: unlocked
-Love is a Danger Zone [another CZ]: unlocked - Division all-wild steps
-Mr. Larpus [another CZ, NM]: unlocked (FS = Zero Another steps, NM = new steps)
-She Likes Pizza [another NM]: locked
-Hi-Bi [another NM]: locked
-Csikos Post [another NM]: locked
-What Do You Really Want [another CZ, NM]: locked
-Phantom [another NM]: locked
-Dr. M [another CZ]: locked
-Fighting Spirits [another CZ, NM]: locked
-Kiss Me [another NM]: locked
-Deja Vu [another NM]: locked
-Shake It Up [another NM]: locked
-Final Audition Episode 1 [another HD, CZ, NM]: locked
-Bee [another CZ]: locked
-Beethoven Virus [another CZ]: locked
-Gun Rock [another]: locked
-Final Audition Episode 2-1 [another]: locked
-Final Audition Episode 2-2 [another]: locked
-Chimera [another]: locked
-[OST] Beat of the War 2: locked
-[OST] Love is a Danger Zone 2: locked
-[OST] Lovely: locked
-[OST] U Inside My Dim Memory: locked
-Chicago Remix: locked
-Groove Remix: locked
-Classical Remix 2: locked
-Remix containing Witch Doctor, Will o' the Wisp, and two more songs
-MORE unlisted remixes and OSTs which couldn't be identified due to the lock icon

RANDOM DETAILS:
-Immense new song list size. At least a few dozen, with reports of 37, 38, 43, and 46 new songs from different sources.
-There are 12 BanYas (7 Yahpp and 5 BanYa Productions), 12 K-Pops, and 5 Pops, with an unknown number in Special Station.
-The game no longer has the songs split up by channels, but rather has them all chained together in one continuous loop, somewhat like in the past before
Exceed. Songs which shared channels before are still joined together (such as all Banyas being together). Both top left and top right now change difficulty.
-Channels: K-Pop, Banya, Pop, with all new songs being placed in "New Tunes" channel (when the song is selected, the channel displays above the song
-BGA previewing is still present, with the BGA preview emerging inside the disc image of your chosen song. The song name, artist, and BPM scroll below the disc image.
-The game has a strange new level system, with three styles, two of which are stars and skulls, with every star representing 2 levels and skulls representing 3 (specifics on what equals what not confirmed yet). The third style has question marks.
-Playable full version songs (OSTs) and tons of new remixes and Another stepcharts in the brand new "Special Station".
-Special Station organizes songs similar to how Extra Mix did. You can play four anothers in one credit or two remixes. And yes, like Extra mix, you can cheat the credit by going Remix/Another/Remix!
-New beginner section with full on tutorials and lessons for beginning players.
-Timer now gives you 90 seconds for your song selection.
-"World Tour" station, with many "cities" to conquer. Unlocks unlocked on individual machines.
-Freevolt is no longer involved with Pump it Up. This game was developed by the developer "Nexcade".
-The three confirmed Pop songs so far are American hip-hop songs, yes, with profanity.
-At the end of every credit, regardless of how many songs you played, there is a graphic with the oxygen needed to play what you just played and how many calories you burned in your credit
-BanYa's Gun Rock is a remix of RAW from Exceed 2!
-Canon-D Full Mix's old steps are now Hard mode, with Crazy mode being brand new steps.
-Locked songs visible in the song select menu, but with a lock icon placed over it, making it unplayable until unlocked. There are MORE songs which are completely invisible, to be unlocked in the future.
-La Crema by Big Metra, which people believed was in the game, appears to NOT be there at all at first. It has been said that this song is the final unlock of the game.
-Despite looking horrendous in screenshots and video online, the interface actually looks really good, detailed, and polished in person, and has been getting great reviews from people seeing it in person

SQUASHED RUMORS:
-Let's Get the Party Started will NOT be returning.
-The Exceed SE songs will NOT be featured.
-Wuthering Heights, Witch Doctor, Too Late, All Famy, etc... no, they did not get new modes. They're still the same as in Zero.

More info to come!!! Special thanks to Blodiaspike, Art, and Raul for the song and game info!
-Turkeyslam"

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Kuhazan; Nov 26, 2006 at 03:24 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Arcade] Pump It Up : New Xenesis