Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - Statistics Thread

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:37 PM #1 of 38
Song of the Week - Statistics Thread

I've noticied recently that a lot of SoTW participants have gone a long time without a win, and some people expressed support for a statistics thread. So I'll give it a shot.

This is where you can post your personal SoTW statistics--when you first participated, what you've won, etc. Below are some suggested categories; feel free to add your own or modify them.

First SoTW (voting):
First SoTW (nominating):
First placing:
First gold:
Length between first nomination and first gold:
Other awards:
Biggest disappointment:

If you want to provide a list of nominations, that would be great, especially if they're from the Lost SoTW's (Weeks 33-47).

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by orion_mk3; Mar 14, 2007 at 04:25 PM.
MrMonkeyMan
MrMonkeyMan?

Member 585

Level 14.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:50 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2007, 10:50 PM #2 of 38
First SoTW (voting): Week 01
First SoTW (nominating): Week 02.
First placing: 3rd place, Week 03
First gold: Week 21
Last time I participated: Before the last crash (I'm a bad person)
All of my songs:

1st SotW: Week 03
Katamari Damacy - The Moon & The Prince - 3rd Place

2nd SotW: Week 09
Rakugaki Showtime - John Mk2 - 2nd Place

3rd SotW: Week 14
Bubble Ghost - The Bubble Ghost Song - 4th place? (you guys suck)

4th SotW: Week 21
ESPGaluda - Fortress City - 1st Place!

5th SotW: Week 32
Guardian Heroes - Shuffler in the Dark - 3rd Place

6th SotW: Week ??
Vib Ribbon - Vib Ribbon Blue - 4th Place?

7th SotW: Week ??
Mechwarrior 2 - Track 02 - I don't think it placed

I think my songs have done ok. Is there some master list of all the songs and how they placed every week somewhere out there? Maybe one day I'll join back in.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
-

Last edited by MrMonkeyMan; Mar 14, 2007 at 12:56 AM.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:58 AM #3 of 38
Thanks a lot, orion; now I'll be staying up later than I should.

This will be incomplete due to not knowing the results of the weeks lost in the crash, but alas...

First SoTW (voting): Week 2
First SoTW (nominating): Week 2
First placing: Week 33 (I think) - Ristar (Game Rip) - Dancing Leaves (3rd place)
First gold: Week 85 - Sword Maniac - Mad Buffoon
Length between first nomination and first gold: 83 weeks
Biggest disappointment: Jazz Jackrabbit 2 - Pull Back the Bass getting runner-up to a good but generic rock song (amVirus).

Top 3 placings:

Week 59 (3rd): Batman (NES Game Rip) - Stages 1 & 5 - Gotham City & Cathedral
Week 61 (2nd): Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (Game Rip) - Pull Back the Bass
Week 69 (3rd): Chaos Legion Original Soundtrack - welcome to the darkness Stage ~Iku City~
Week 72 (3rd): Pac-Man World 2 (Game Rip) - Pinky's Revenge
Week 82 (2nd): Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows (Game Rip) - Unknown 14
Week 85 (1st): Sword Maniac - Mad Buffoon
Week 94 (2nd): Uncharted Waters II Special Edition - The Chase
Week 97 (2nd): SUDEKI Original Soundtrack - New Brightwater
Week 104 (3rd): Activision Anthology (GBA rip) - Curtain
Week 106 (2nd): Age of Empires III Soundtrack - There Is Weather-Decisions Are Made (End Credits)
Week 115 (3rd): Sega Tunes - ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron - Mellow Groove
Weel 120 (2nd): The Witcher Original Soundtrack - Peaceful Moments
Week 128 (2nd): Sam & Max Season One Soundtrack - Bosco's
Week 142 (2nd): Suikoden: The Divine Oath - The Ryousanhaku Suite
Week 149 (3rd): Tetris (CD-i Game Rip) - Wandering Thoughts
Week 165 (1st): Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (Game Rip) - Streetwize
Week 167 (2nd): Catan (XBLA rip) - Soothing Theme
Week 169 (3rd): Age of Empires III Original Soundtrack - Major Rewrite / General Chunks

Detailed nom history:

Spoiler:
Week 4: Atelier Iris Eternal Mana - Fun Shopping in Akoosu (5th) - A feel-good but short song; not substantial enough, I guess.

Week 9: Pac-Man World 2 - Forest 1 (7th) - Another short/fun nom that didn't quite cut it.

Week 15: Xenosaga II Movie Scene Soundtrack - Lamentation (4th) - Went with what I thought the majority would like most instead of what I liked most (Chase or R&D Report). I've since learned to nominated based on my own preferences, though I can't avoid thinking about whether it's a piece everyone will like.

Week 33: Ristar (Game Rip) - Dancing Leaves (3rd) - One of the best tracks from one of my favorite albums.

Week 52: The Baku Bomb!!! Baku Bomberman Original Soundtrack - Green Garden (tied for 6th) - A classic N64 tune; how could more people not like this?! Simple - it's looked at as nice, but too short/too cute/too not substantial/too not serious. I seem to be able to appreciate short and sweet songs more than most people.

Week 55: The Sims 2 (PC Game Rip) - CAS (5th) - Ahhhh, I so love The Sims 2 music. Mothersbaugh created some really unique pieces, and they're a lot of fun to listen to. Makes for great music to listen to at work, actually.

Week 59: Batman (NES Game Rip) - Stages 1 & 5 - Gotham City & Cathedral (3rd) - One of my favorite chiptunes, and now pretty well-known here.

Week 61: Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (Game Rip) - Pull Back the Bass (2nd) - Rargh, should have been first. A good but too generic rock song (Stage 5 - amVirus : Avatar of Nightmare -) beat it.

Week 66 (Percussion week): The Incredible Machine 3 - Techno Rave (5th) - Nominated based solely on its rhythms. Disappointed it scored so low, but I was happy that Age of Mythology - Chocolate Outline won the week, as it was one of the tracks I suggested to Kanji when he asked about possible percussion week noms.

Week 69: Chaos Legion Original Soundtrack - welcome to the darkness (Stage ~Iku City~) ([COLOR="Bronze]3rd[/COLOR]) - Apparently I still hadn't learned my lesson. Drones of Hell is my favorite CL tune, but I picked this one as I figured it would be more widely liked. It placed, but I should have just gone with what I liked most.

Week 72: Pac-Man World 2 (Game Rip) - Pinky's Revenge (3rd) - My second PW2 nom. This one started out all nice, but quickly got more serious-sounding and did better than Forest 1.

Week 75: Master of Monsters - Yellow Robe (7th) - One of my worst results ever. This was after I discovered the amazing MoM soundtrack and wanted to nominate something from it. I really liked this song and chose to nominate the arrangement, which I considered to be better than the original due to having a bit more to it. The synth quality didn't jive with people, though, and besides that, they just didn't find it anything special. Oh well - I think it's really neat. (Sidenote - This was the first time I went against my standard practice of only nominating the original in-game music).

Week 78: HALO 2 Original Soundtrack and New Music Vol. 1 - 2nd Movement of the Odyssey (7th) - Another horrible result. Being an unusual progressive jam, this is a song that only a select few people would fully get into and appreciate, so I can understand the poor showing. This was the second week in a row I nominated something that didn't appear in-game.

Week 82: Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows (Game Rip) - Unknown 14 (2nd) - This was kind of risky, being a piano + solo voice piece, but it turned out to be pretty well-liked. I love its haunting sound.

Week 85: Sword Maniac - Mad Buffoon (1st) - Whaddyaknow, success for the 2nd week in a row! My first gold, a full 83 weeks after my first nomination. This was the second time I nominated an arranged song, but I didn't even know it wasn't an original until after the week was over! Love this tune.

Week 87: Out Run Europa - Main Theme (7th) - I'll admit, I was shocked by this result (and the fact that my previous nom got gold probably enhanced that shock). I thought (and still think) that this is an insanely cool song. A very rhythmic, funky piece by Jeroen Tel, one of the C64's best composers. I figured people would be like, "Aww yeah, I'm feelin' this." Oh well.

Week 91: Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Original Soundtrack - Gentle Breeze and the Earth (tied for 4th) - My second nom from the AIEM series. I love the mallet percussion in this piece; so neat. This missed tying the third place song by one point.

Week 94: Uncharted Waters II Special Edition - The Chase ((2nd)) - I figured any of my favorite UW II SE pieces would have a strong shot at getting gold. Sure enough, this came close, only losing by one point. I love the feel of this song; Kanno's truly a talented composer.

Week 97: SUDEKI Original Soundtrack - New Brightwater ((2nd)) - Another one I figured could get gold; ended up with my second silver in a row. This one's a song I wouldn't have known about had it not been for the guy who used to help out a bit with my Live365 vgm radio station (thanks, Alan!). I consider it kind of a chill-out track; Tom Colvin sets up an absolutely wonderful atmosphere with the guitars and background noises/effects. A bit repetitive, but I can forgive that in this case. I was happy to see Crash have such positive comments about it.

Week 99: Elebits - Extras Mode (5th) - This song just completely grabbed me the first time I listened to it. It has kind of a spacey feel to it. On the short and simple side, which generally means it doesn't have a good shot of placing, but at least some people liked it.

Week 102: TAIKO: Drum Master (Game Rip) - Dragon Spirit (5th) - A rock tune that I really dug while playing this game. Though I think playing the game enhanced my enjoyment of it, it's still a solid tune on its own. Probably too generic/standard for some people, though.

Week 104: Activision Anthology (GBA rip) - Curtain (3rd) - The highlight of the four songs Alex composed for this game. It's a really nice pop/soft rock song with the usual great melodies you can expect from Alex, and it has enough variation to keep it interesting. As orion said, it would be nice to have a version of this with better quality synths/instrument samples.

3rd SotW: Week 14
Bubble Ghost - The Bubble Ghost Song - 4th place? (you guys suck)
What the heck? Either that week was insanely good or a lot of voters were sleeping.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Last edited by Drakken; Sep 10, 2007 at 12:22 AM.
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:17 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 07:17 AM #4 of 38
First SoTW (voting): Week 40
First SoTW (nominating): Week 40
First placing: Week 40
First gold: Week 40
Length between first nomination and first gold: 0 weeks
Other awards: 2nd place, Week 88; 8th place, Week 57

Week 40 - 1st - Apidya Soundtrack - The Pond
Week ?? - Did not place - Elevator Action Returns V.C.O. Cinema Mix - Side by Side
Week 49 - 5th - Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2 - Level 1-1, 1-3
Week 57 - 8th - onEscapee - TELEPKE
Week 80 - 5th - Superfrog - Ancient Pyramid
Week 88 - 2nd - Uplink - The Blue Valley

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Kolba; Mar 15, 2007 at 02:44 PM.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:39 AM #5 of 38
First SoTW (voting): Week 65
First SoTW (nominating): Week 67
First placing: Week 92
First gold: Week 101
Length between first nomination and first placing: 25 weeks
Length between first nomination and first gold: 34 weeks
Other awards: 1 battle winner

1st: 8
2nd: 3
3rd: 5
4th: 7
5th: 4
6th: 13
7th: 10
8th: 6

Nomination history (with comments/descriptions for each song):
Spoiler:

Week 67: Lost Technology ~ Thunder Force Sound Track - Cyber Cave - 4th
My first nom. It's a rockin' song with some electronic backing, and a solo that I really love. The week had several rockin' songs if I remember correctly, though, and this one placed in the middle of the pack.

Week 70: Solstice: The Quest for the Staff of Demnos (Game Rip) - Main Theme - 6th
After hearing some Tim Follin love in the BSC, I went right off and nominated this song Solstice. Well, I was going to nominate Title Theme, but that had already been nominated weeks before, so I went for the other main song in the game. I was shocked it didn't do better.

Week 73: beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED Original Soundtrack - Fake Time - 7th
Looking back, this wasn't the greatest of nominations. It's a really high energy rock song, but it's definitely not the best IIDX has to offer.

Week 76: Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete - Field To Tomorrow - 5th
There are a couple other tracks on this soundtrack I'd like to nominate, but I figure this one would appeal to most. Perhaps the awesomeness of that Mega Mari track that week distracted everyone from this. >_>

Week 79: pop'n music Inst Best - DRAGON DANCE revision-2 - 7th
I knew this wasn't going to place high when I nominated it. It creates a great atmosphere, which I love about it, and is a bit trance-y. But, the repetitiveness and some poor instrument choices (including something really whiny and high-pitched for half the song) obviously didn't appeal to most.

Week 82: Space Invaders '91 (Game Rip) - Rounds 2, 11, 14 - 7th
My first nom from a game I had never played. I find it really catchy and upbeat, and since I didn't give it a BCC nomination, I figured I'd throw it in SOTW. It turned out there was a bit of chiptune backlash going on, and it was the victim of being part of an outstanding week. I still think this should've placed higher.

Week 86: ATP Tour Championship Tennis (Game Rip) - Title Screen - 5th
Another chiptune I didn't give a nomination to in the BCC but wanted people to hear. It's a little repetitive, and was mostly viewed as above average.

Week 89: Capcom Music Generation Area 88 Original Soundtrack - Front Line Base - 7th
This song is totally awesome. I don't get you people.

Week 92: Albert Odyssey Gaiden ~ Legend of Eldean - Main Theme 1 - 3rd
YAY I FINALLY PLACED. Not the most complex of songs, but great instrument choice and an overall beautiful sound.

Week 95: pop'n music 10 AC & CS pop'n music 8 - Atlantic Spotted Dolphin - 3rd
Two placings in a row! The one problem here is, I wasn't able to vote this week. Two more points would've put this track in first, and I could've had my first gold. D'oh.

Week 98: ResQ - Level 4A - 7th
I nominated this while my computer was broken and I couldn't see my nom list, and it had the easiest name to remember. I didn't expect it to do great, even though it was a pretty rockin'/groovin Genesis chiptune.

Week 101: Snow in Saigon - Larmes de la lune - 1st
My first gold, and my first song nominated not actually from a game. Osamu Kubota generally does outstanding work in Bemani games, creating unique songs for the series, using classical or jazzy styles a lot. I figured something from his CD that was longer than the bemani standard two minutes and more developed would better showcase his abilities. It was hard to pick an individual track, it's all good stuff.

Week 103: beatmaniaIIDX 14 GOLD ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKS - Reflection Into the EDEN - 1st
Holy wow, two golds in a row! I nominated this as soon as I could following the soundtrack's release. This is a great song that I felt could do really well. Pretty much everything of Nekomata Master's in Bemani is good stuff.

Week 105: Devil Crash / Alien Crush - Devil Crash "Heavy Metal" - 4th
This track is some awesome rockin' from Noriyuki Iwadare. But oh, how quickly I regret giving this song only two points instead of a biased three. It tied in points with the bronze track, but lost the tiebreaker. And sorry if I sniped your nom, CHz.

Week 107: Astal (Game Rip) - Glacial Rift - 6th
This is a nice atmospheric track, as the track title fits it nicely. But it seems more people wanted something developed, as it didn't do too well.

Week 109: Cotton 2 ~Magical Night Dreams~ - The Castle in the Sky - 6th
I've never played this game, but I saw some gameplay videos of it a long time ago. And while the music certainly isn't the best, I found it to be quite catchy. I could still recall songs from that video months later. And I think was the best representative of the catchy soundtrack, and a good song too.

Week 112: Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES Game Rip) - Mars Needs Cheerleaders - 6th
Zombies Ate My Neighbors is a game that takes a load of horror genres, and parodies them all, while still keeping a horror atmosphere. The title of this song reflects the parody nature greatly. The song itself feels like something out of some old Martian invasion B-movie with high pitched synths and harps and other odd instruments. I didn't expect everyone to "get" this song, so I'm fine with 6th. And hmm, three sixth places in a row.

Week 116: Barbie Super Model (SNES Game Rip) - Stage 1 - 7th
I am completely surprised this did not take 8th place. It's from an awful SNES game, has some weak synths, and it's rather short, which is enough to draw hate for it from all over. But I find it to be rather catchy, and it's got a cool bass line. And it seems enough people enjoyed it to just keep it out of last. Aww yeah.

Week 118: milestone - Nageki no ki Arbre triste -a la viennoise- - 4th
Milestone is dj Taka's (of the Bemani games) works album. I don't like Taka's music. But he also had other artists remix a bunch of his songs, and they improved a lot of them. This one is by Osamu Kubota (who earned me my first gold!) and is one of my favorites from this album. A real jazzy take on the song, and a bit all over the place, but overall very cool.

Week 121: The King of Fighters '97 Arrange Sound Trax - Rhythmic Hallucination (Mid Boss Stage) - 2nd
This taking second place kind of surprised me, considering it was in a good week, and it is weak in a few areas. But it also has some really good ideas, with some dark sounds and some really odd sounds. And that droning flatline part that Crash hated is what I find the best part of the song. It goes on for a smidgen longer than you would expect, grabbing your attention midway through and showing you the song won't just stick to the norm.

Week 123: Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run (Game Rip) - Main Theme - 4th
This track was one of those "oh god I should nominate SOMETHING" tracks. It's from a mid-90's sports game, and uses several cheesy cliches of mid-90's techno. Throw in some odd voice samples, and you have something could possible be completely awful. But it's sort of catchy and exciting, and all the oddities are used to the song's advantage. Plus it's a Rare game, so it had the sound quality similar to the DKC games, very good for the SNES.

Week 126: Growlanser Generations Soundtrack - Wandering - 3rd
I'll go with what Moguta said for this: "Simple yet wonderfully calming flute & string melody, with a mellow piano backing. The bass that comes in adds in a nice smooth beat. Love how it ends with the piano getting its own soft solo."

Week 129: beyond the dead future - oriental mechanist - 6th
Beyond the dead future is Slake's solo album. Slake is a guy known for creating quirky, weird pieces, and not afraid to experiment completely outrageous ways. This track is full of crazy percussion, and has a lot of heavy bass samples backing it. It's a lot different from standard SOTW fare, and figured I'd throw it in as something unique. It did about as well as I expected.

Week 132: pop'n music 13 Carnival AC & CS pop'n music 11 - fffff - 6th
I was kind of disappointed with this result. I thought this song was all kinds of awesome, with energy out the wazoo. But it seems most voters didn't care for it, or maybe it was in a strong week, so it finished low.

Week 134: Insector X - ORIENTAL FEAR (Pyramid) - 7th
This was sort of a last second nom. I love this whole soundtrack, and had no idea what to pick. I figured this one wasn't too far out there, so I went with it. It seemed I had the wrong idea. I probably should've picked one of the crazier songs.

Week 137: The Alternate Phantom: ZIZZ Original Sound Tracks for Phantom of Inferno - Glass City - 6th
This was an odd song that I came across at random. It's a rock song with some crazy distortion effects that build as the song goes on. The song starts to get into weird dissonant territory (which can be cool) when things suddenly drop to a calm, and a soft whisper voice comes in. Hell if I know what it says, but during the voice, there's a long, subtle build up before the song goes back into the rockin' from before. Some people seemed to enjoy it, so that's good.

Week 140: beatmania HIROSHI WATANABE beat indication - DEEP CLEAR EYES - 1st & BATTLE WINNER
HIROSHI GOD DAMN WATANABE. The man makes awesome music.

Week 143: Putty Squad (SNES Game Rip) - Dr. Sushi's Laboratory of Terror - 6th
This is an SNES song that probably started as an Amiga song at one point. As such, it has a lot of styling found in Amiga music, but made with the SNES sound systems. I thought that was interesting enough to bring it up, and didn't really expect much more than what this got. I enjoy the song, but it's not completely amazing, just a cool discovery I wanted to share. I think I achieved that.

Week 145: Neon FM: Dance Radio (Game Rip) - Girlz Buttz - 8th
Well, I've been at this for nearly 80 weeks, I guess it's time something of mine took 8th place. It's sad though, this is a hilarious song.

Week 147: Axelay - Mother (3st BGM) - 2nd
Well, this song is of course amazing, and it placed pretty well. Axelay's got a great soundtrack, and this is my favorite of the bunch.

Week 149: Downtown Nekketsu Koushinkyoku Soreyuke Daiundoukai (NES Game Rip) - Fighting Tournament - 8th
This was disappointing. It's an NES chiptune by Kazuo Sawa, from one of the Kunio-kun games. The opening of it is really cool, it has the stutter effects that I don't believe I've ever heard in an NES chiptune before. Beyond that, it's got a pretty standard feel to it, which is why I guess it received few points. It doesn't do a lot to wow beyond the intro, but I felt it was solid throughout and doesn't do anything wrong.

Week 152: Age Of Empires Compilation Soundtrack - Gamelan - 3rd
This has been a favorite of mine for years. The Age of Empires soundtrack does a good job conveying a tribal style in its music. This is one of several good songs from the game, using a nice array of percussive sounds and a gamelan.

Week 154: pop'n music 11 AC ♥ CS pop'n music 9 - AUSLANDSGESPRÄCH [80's WERK] - 8th
Well, that's disappointing. I always thought this was a pretty cool song, very different. It uses various telephone sounds, and as the title implies, mixes it in with a Kraftwek-like old German techno sound. I thought it was fun, and the phone sounds and operator voice samples added some humor to it, but some people just found it annoying.

Week 156: Space Megaforce (Game Rip) - Black Hole Anomalies - 4th
Space Megaforce, or Super Aleste as it is known to some people, is an SNES shmup with some pretty decent music. I thought this was the best of the bunch, so I brought it forth. It seemed to do pretty well - people liked the sudden switch that occurred halfway through the song. But, it fell just short of bronze.

Week 158: milestone -dj TAKA- - MOON -Sun Mix- - 6th
This is my second nomination from the milestone album. Like my first nomination, I picked one of the songs not done by dj Taka, but a remix done by another artist. Akira Yamaoka did this one, and once again I felt this was a huge improvement over the original Taka song. It took kind of a mundane song with some meh lyrics, and made it into a very upbeat, dance style song. The lyrics were sampled, and sort of played around with in fun ways. I think ultimately, some people didn't care for the lyrics in this form either.

Week 160: OutRun 2019 (Game Rip) - Victorious - 4th
This is some good Genesis chiptune fun. It's pretty darn long for a Genesis tune, and from a game that I think has a spectacular soundtrack. There was lots to choose from here, but I eventually went with this. Decent placing.

Week 163: Master Takahashi's Super Adventure Island - Ice Groove - 8th
Augh, another 8th place. This song isn't the most developed, but like the title implies, gets in a nice groove. It's mellow, chill, and pretty fun. But it didn't do all that great. Guess voters like stuff with a bit more substance to it.

Week 165: beatmaniaIIDX12 HAPPY SKY ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - mind the gap - 5th
Someone else nominated a track titled "Mind the Gap", so I thought I'd be funny and nom this. Turns out the other song was actually called "Subway", and the entire pun was lost, as was the point of the nom. But it's still a decent song, as it placed in the middle. The IIDX genre of it is "UK Progressive", if that explains anything.

Week 167: La-Mulana (Game Rip) - Curse of IRON PIPE - 3rd
La-Mulana's music is an imitation MSX-style, very much like the old chiptune sounds. This song not only has a cool name, but some catchy segments and lots of energetic chiptune sounds.

Week 169: Lost Technology ~ Thunder Force Sound Track - Steel of Destiny - 5th
Whoops, I forgot to vote. This would've placed higher. More greating rocking from this soundtrack (along with my first nom). Yeah, it's not much beyond rockin', but it's ROCKIN'.

Week 171: ChaosField Sound Track - back in to the machine -phase 5- - 6th
This song is stage 5 theme from a bullet hell shmup game, and very techno in style. It doesn't do too much to stand out from standard music like this, except a couple parts where the music has a brief pause of silence, like a skip in the song, which is usually a cool effect. It's also pretty catchy, but maybe that's just because I've played the game a bunch.

Week 173: Baten Kaitos ~Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean~ Original Soundtrack - House of Cards - 7th
Oh god Motoi Sakuraba. Should come in last for that fact alone, but wait! It has none of the trademark Sakuraba style! It's got a bit of a trippy/prog rock style to it, and is pretty calming to listen to. I nominated it because of how much it deviates from Sakuraba's norm, and how he can actually do some cool stuff if he tries. Or maybe just by accident.

Week 175: Moon Crystal (Game Rip) - Evil Forest (Stage 1) - 7th
Hey, another 7th place. This chiptune was apparently in the best chiptune contest a couple years back? I didn't even remember that. It did decent there, but not so well in this week of sotw. It's a little short, but has some good sound quality for the NES.

Week 178: Beatmania IIDX 10th Style Original Sountrack - Let's Run -Post Production Mitsuto Suzuki Mix- - 7th
I absolutely love this song. It's a new wave song, with lyrics and electronic instrumentation similar to the kind of stuff that was big in the 80's. It's too bad I missed voting this week, because this song would've finished much higher with my vote.

Week 180: Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete Music Soundtrack - Ghaleon's Theme - 6th
Years back, when I was completely obsessed with the Lunar games, this song topped my favorites from the soundtrack. While I might not claim it to be as great anymore, I still really enjoy it.

Week 182: Rise of the Triad: Dark War (Game Rip) - Goin' Down The Fast Way - 1st
Wow, it's been a while since I got a gold. I discovered this one back through the vgmq, and that little 30 second snippet hooked me. When I finally found the full song, I discovered that it was a really good song throughout. It was designed with an old PC midi sound, but overcomes that with great energy and runs of notes.

Week 184: beatmania IIDX 9th style ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - BREEDING (premium party MIX) - 6th
Hey, more IIDX music. There's a lot of it though, so this isn't really an overkill from the series. Anyways, Slake is awesome and makes great music. It's kind of quirky though, but it's loads of fun for those who can get into it.

Week 186: pop'n music 12 Iroha AC ♥ CS pop'n music 10 - MAGICAL VOICE SHOWER - 1st
This song is done entirely in an a capella style. It's unique and upbeat and the voices harmonize well. It's a little short, but I'd like to think that's good for something different like this, as it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Week 189: Little Samson (Game Rip) - Lickle's Theme - 8th
Whoops, another week I forget to vote, and another poor finish. Little Samson is an overlooked NES title from late in the system's life. This song gets the NES sound down well, but as pointed out, maybe lacks a little in the good melody department.

Week 191: Wurm: Journey to the Center of the Earth (Game Rip) - Title - 2nd
This was for the under 1 minute song theme week. I came across this game and the title theme years ago. It's really catchy, but loops after only 15 or 20 seconds. I never would've nominated it normally, as it really lacked in depth, but the theme week was a perfect opportunity. For the short time it does take, it does well for an NES chiptune.

Week 207: beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - Mind Mapping - 1st
I took a bit of an unexpected break from SotW between the last nom and this. I came back in style though, and got a rare first place song for me on my return. A very fun electro track that combines some chiptuney sounds in with it. It took third in the battle week.

Week 209: Insector X - PARTY IN THEIR NEST (Imperial Underground) - 1st
Two firsts in a row? That hasn't happened in over 100 weeks. Insector-X has a weird soundtrack, really eccentric. It does some odd stuff, but the risks turn into some awesome stuff in a handful of songs. This one has a harmonica piece in the middle that almost seems out of place until the song does stuff that is even more out of place.

Week 211: starmine - Harmony and Lovely -contemporary chamber mix- - 6th
I thought this had the ability to grab a first place too. This was off of Beatmania artist Ryu's solo album, but it is a remix of one of his songs done by Tomosuke, another Beatmania artist. There's not much "chamber" in this song, but fast piano parts and whispering vocal effects sprinkled in creating an upbeat but still mellow remix of the original dancey techno song.

Week 212: nouvelle vague -G.S.M. Taito 7- - Rising - 4th
This one I found only shortly before nominating it, but I had to get it in right away. This song is an arrangement of a song from the game Warrior Blade. It's a nice fusion piece with some amazing drumwork. Holy cow those drums.

Week 213: Super Castlevania IV (Game Rip) - Secret Room (Bonus BGM) - 1st
By some weird twist, I got noms in three consecutive weeks. This one was due to another theme week of obscure songs from well-known games. SCIV has a fantastic soundtrack, and this song is only played in well-hidden areas of the game. It's unique for a Castlevania tune too, which helped.

Week 215: Super Valis IV (Game Rip) - Vecanti - 8th
Super Valis 4 is a game with some weird saxophone synths in a lot of its music, and some echo-y drums. This features both of those. It's also the theme for the first area of the game, so probably the one the most work was put into. It's a decent song, but I didn't expect it to do superbly.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by TheKnightOfNee; Feb 4, 2009 at 01:36 AM.
ikkei
Good Chocobo

Member 371

Level 18.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:38 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 04:38 PM #6 of 38
First SoTW (voting): Week 28 or so
First SoTW (nominating): Week 27
First placing: Week 33
First gold (if it means first position in a week): Week 41
First gold (if it means first position in a BATTLE): Week 115 or so
Favorite own nominations: Air Zonk, Blinx and Battle Arena Toshiden 4
Biggest dissapointment: Fuzzy's world in the 7th place

Nomination history:

AEGIS: Guardian of the Fleet (Red Book Audio) - Track 5
Air Zonk (Game Rip) - Punk Cyborg Battle 1 Placed
Battle Arena Toshinden 3 (Game Rip) - Sho's Theme
Battle Arena Toshinden 4 (Game Rip) - Track 21
Be filled with feeling - Blind Kiss
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Game Music - Arctic Circle D Point Gold
Blinx the Time Sweeper (Game Rip) - Staff Roll (Blinx Theme Remix)
Fuzzy's World of Miniature Space Golf (Game Rip) - Simple Stars ~ Terrestrial Trax ~ Solar Sizzle
Golden Axe 3 - Bloody streets
Kyusai no Giho (Technique of Relief) - Mother
Muppet RaceMania (Game Rip) - Rooftops
Namco Game Sound Express 2 - Burning Force - Sarinuka Sands (2nd Day)
The King of Fighters '99 Arrange Sound Trax - Tears (Kyo Kusanagi) Placed
Guitar Freaks 4th Mix & drummania 3rd Mix Soundtracks - Captain's Voyage (long version)
Namco Game Sound Express 2 - Burning Force - Sarinuka Sands (2nd Day)
pop'n music 12 Iroha AC & CS pop'n music 10 - Beyond the Earth -Original Long Version- Gold
Power Stone Original Soundtrack - Oedo Stage
Puggsy (Sega Genesis Game Rip) - Star Fall Lake - 8th Stage
R - Racing Evolution (Game Rip) - Mars Landing Gold
Sakura Wars 3 Vocal Collection ~ Paris Complete Song Works - The Future (Voyage) Placed
Scarlett OST - already settled down... Gold
SKYGUNNER Original Sound Tracks - Merveilleux ~ Setting Out (Bonus Track)
Small Soldiers (Red Book Audio) - Track 12
Super Bonk (Game Rip) - Shoot The Smiley! Placed
Synaesthete OST - Tryptonaut
Tobe! Polystars & Total Vice - Over the Frozen Sea (2nd BGM) Gold
The Terminator (Sega CD Red Book Audio) - Destinationz Unknown
Tokimeki Memorial 2 ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK vol. 1 - Meeting With You ~ Happy Ending (Instrumental) Placed
Uncharted Waters Online (Game Rip) - South african ocean Gold
Way of the Samurai 2 Original Sound Track - Souls Bonded and Split
huelsbeck.com - Chris Huelsbeck's official Website - Timeless Passion Gold and battle winner!
www.RichardJacques.com - Children's Suite

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by ikkei; Apr 13, 2008 at 01:08 PM.
KyleDunamis
Good Chocobo

Member 3720

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:03 PM #7 of 38
First SoTW (voting): Week 5 (If this means what week my first nom was in)
First SoTW (nominating): Week 1 (But it was after Noms were locked, so I edited it out and reposted in Week 2's noms thread)
First placing: Week 23 (Silver)
First gold: Week 83
Length between first nomination and first gold: 82 Weeks
Other awards: Silver - Week 23, 57, 86, 93
Biggest Disappointment: "Wait a minute, the posted results are wrong and Manjimaru didn't win."

List of noms:
Week 05 - Ys Book 1 & 2 Redbook Audio - Holders of Power
Week 10 - Dragon Quest VI (Game Rip) - Brave Fight
Week 17 - Road Avenger (Game Rip) - Theme of Road Avenger
Week 23 - Tengai Makyo II Manjimaru Original Soundtrack - L Map (General)
Week 28 - Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (PSP Game Rip) - Olive Coast Course
Week 34 - Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible II - Makai
Week 39 - Gyakuten Saiban 2 Original Soundtrack - Reminiscence ~ Scars Etched by Flame
Week 41 - Little Princess: Puppet Princess of Marl's Kingdom 2 Original Soundtrack - Starting Over
Week 45 - Dragon Quest IV (Game Rip) - Vicious Thing
Week 50 - Jert Gaiden 3-2: Illegal Burger Deals - I'll Take You Underwater
Week 57 - Seiken Densetsu DS ~ CHILDREN of MANA Original Soundtrack - Longing
Week 61 - Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! (Red Book Audio) - The Larry Theme
Week 64 - Genso Suikoden Original Game Soundtrack - Theme of Sadness ~ Guitar Version
Week 68 - Tengai Makyou ~ The Apocalypse IV - Original Soundtrack - The Twelve Apostles Battle
Week 71 - Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (Game Rip) - Tank Battle
Week 74 - Dark Chronicle (PSF2 Game Rip) - Rainbow Butterfly Wood
Week 77 - GRANDIA III ~original sound tracks~ - Sabatal
Week 79 - LIVE A LIVE Original Sound Version - MEGALOMANIA
Week 83 - Lethal Enforcers (Sega CD Red Book Audio) - Shoot into the Street
Week 86 - Ar tonelico ~The Girl Who Sings at the End of the World~ OST - What My World Is Wishing For
Week 89 - Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne OST - Normal Battle ~Amala Network~
Week 93 - Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Original Soundtrack - Continent Which Rides The Wind
Week 96 - Radiata Stories Original Soundtrack - Devote for Nature
Week 98 - Atelier Iris GRAND FANTASM Original Soundtrack - Grand Fantasm
Week 101 - Koi ha Balance - Battle of Lovers (SPC Rip) - Goal 2
Week 103 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (Game Rip) - Furio Tigre ~ Swingin' Zenitora
Week 105 - Herakles no Eikou 3 - Kamigami no Tinmoku (Game Rip) - Battle
Week 108 - Shining Force III Premium Disc (Game Rip) - A Life of Harmony

FELIPE NO

Last edited by KyleDunamis; Oct 11, 2007 at 06:05 PM.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 04:08 PM #8 of 38
First SotW Voting - Week 31
First SotW Nominating - Week 32
First Placing - Week 32 (Silver)
First Gold - Week 37
First Battle Gold - Week 52
Length Between First Nomination and First Gold - 5 Weeks
Biggest Disappointment - Keiichi Aizawa's Theme would've placed had I not been incapacitated due to surgery.
Nomination History

Week 32: Jet Moto (Red Book Audio) - Ice Crusher
Week 37: Symphonic Suite Shining Force II ~ The Ancient Sealing - Welcome to Our Town
Week 42: One Man and His Droid (Game Rip) - In-Game Music
Week 47: Eternal Arcadia Original Sound Track - Yafutoma Dawn
Week 52: Turrican OST - Freedom - Battle Winner
Week 56: Solstice: The Quest for the Staff of Demnos (Game Rip) - Title
Week 60: The Music From and Inspired by Gran Turismo 4 - Machine Gun (Gran Turismo 4 Pop Rox Remix)
Week 64: Phantom Brave ~Original sound track~ - Game Breaker
Week 68: Rainbows - Chris Hülsbeck Volume 3 - Giana Sisters (Theme)
Week 70: ToBi D+VINE Complete Sound Track - Fly! (Arranged)
Week 72: Snatcher>>Policenauts: Music Compilation of Hideo Kojima/Black Disc - "Policenauts" End Title
Week 76: Space Channel 5 Original Soundtrack - Mororina The Elegant Coward
Week 78: Mr. Bones Soundtrack - In This World
Week 83: Perfect Selection Twinbee - FANTASTIC POWERS
Week 86: Suikoden - The Divine Oath - Dreams Come True Someday (Orchestra Version)
Week 90: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (Gamerip) - Girls Like Spice
Week 93: Mahou Shoujou Ai 2 'transformation' Full Arrange Album - pathetic battle arrange 'distortion of the space'
Week 96: The Gods Awaken - Jooli's Song
Week 98: Landstalker ~ The Emperor's Treasure - Treasure Hunter Lyle
Week 101: Space Channel 5 Part 2 Uki Uki ? Non Stop Megamix - This is My Happiness (Tom Jones A-Go Go Mix)
Week 103: Tourist Trophy Original Game Soundtrack - CALIFORNIA WIND
Week 105: Atelier Iris GRAND FANTASM Original Soundtrack - Rain of Blossoms
Week 108: Napple Tale Vol. 2: Illustrated Guide to the Monsters - Wild Wind
Week 111: Rockman Complete Works: Rockman 5: Blues' Trap!? (PS2 Gamerip) - Title Screen
Week 114: Persona 2: Eternal Punishment Punitive Dance - Akachochin Shiraishi ~Burn With Passion~
Week 117: Royal Blood - Opening (Elan's Theme)
Week 119: Twisted Metal 2 (Redbook Audio) - Holland (Field of Screams)
Week 121: Quilt Original Soundtrack - Into the Yonder Blue Sky ~From Greensleeves~ (karaoke ver.)
Week 124: Real Bout Garou Densetsu 2 Arrange Sound Trax - Get the Sky ~ With Your Dream (Alfred)
Week 127: Emperor: Battle for Dune ~ Harkonnen - Victory Is Inevitable
Week 129: Genso Suikoden V ~ Genso New World Music Collection - Admiral of the Seas
Week 133: Yogurting Original Soundtrack - The Student Council Is Very Busy!
Week 135: Iridion 3D & II Arranged Soundtrack - Aniki
Week 138: Shuffle! OST - Don't Be Afraid
Week 141: Racing Lagoon Original Soundtrack - Ending
Week 143: Music Catch - Before Dawn
Week 146: Tiny Tank (PSX Gamerip) - SNOW08
Week 148: Wangan Midnight Soundtrack - Keiichi Aizawa's Theme
Week 150: Fuujin Ryouiki Eretzvaju Original Soundtrack - Right Way [Danzaiver]
Week 153 Gunslinger Girl Game Sound Album - Take Me to the Heaven
Week 155 Promised Dawn ~ Melty Blood Original Sound Track - The end of 1000 years (Millenium Castle)
Week 157 Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (Gamerip) - Galaxy Trooper
Week 160 Genso Sangokushi II Super Arrange Version - Continental Highway
Week 162 Revive - Space Deliria 2000
Week 164 Bless Arrange Album "Flavory" - BEST FEELING! -spinash mix-
Week 166 Luster ~ Music from Briganty PC98ver - Coda "Briganty"
Week 168 Shining Force Neo ~ Zetsubo to Kibo - Zetsubo to Kibo (Original Karaoke)
Week 171 Silver Surfer (Gamerip) - Level 2 Theme Battle Winner
Week 173 ToBi D+Vine Complete Soundtrack - PoFoo! (Arranged)
Week 174 pop'n music 10 AC ♥ CS pop'n music 8 - GOONIES "R" GOOD ENOUGH
Week 177 The Wanderer - Guitar Slinger
Week 179 Microcosm (Redbook CD Audio) - Egoniaga
Week 181 Atelier Viorate Original Soundtrack - The Mudship Sinks at Karotte Village
Week 182 Maniac Mansion (NES Gamerip) - Flashbulb Funk (Michael's Theme)
Week 184 Ryu ga Gotoku & Ryu ga Gotoku 2 Original Sound Track - A Scattered Moment
Week 186 JET de GO! - Rainbow Song (Extend Version)
Week 188 Melody Of Legend ~ Chapter of Dream - Final Movement ~ Florid Funeral (featured in MADARA 2)
Week ??? Twinkle Star Sprites - LONGING ~ RE-BIRTH (Ending & Staff Roll)

Breakdown
Nominations - 55
Gold - 14
Silver - 13
Bronze - 12
Didn't Place - 16

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon; Nov 10, 2008 at 06:12 AM.
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:28 PM #9 of 38
First SoTW (nominating): Week 00 (before Week 01 started)
First placing: 2nd place, Week 07
First gold: Week 42
Length between first nomination and first gold: 40 weeks
Biggest disappointments: Amen coming in second by a nose, People of London City tanking at 5th

Mean placing: 4th place
Median placing: 4th place
Mode placing: 5th place (5 times, appropriately enough)

First Place Songs: Annah's Theme, Planet She 1 Plus 1 Equal 1
Second Place Songs: Mysterious Attacker, Island of Souls Part 4, Kiss Twice, MJ Thrill Ride
Third Place Songs:Credits, Intro Theme, Ann's Theme, Flying Practice
Battle Winners: Planet She

Nomination History:
Spoiler:
Week 02 Planescape: Torment – Credits (possibly 3rd place)
Thought I'd start out with some ROCKIN', since that seemed to go over well in the preceeding BSC. Depending on how you count, this one was either 3rd or 4th.

Week 07 Amen: The Awakening – Mysterious Attacker (2nd place)
Great dramatic track. This loss was really tough in retrospect, as _DH_ went on to become the winningest nominator in SoTW history and I wouldn't place again until Week 42.

Week 12 Deus Ex (Game Rip) - UNATCO Return (4th place)
Inspired by the other Deus Ex UNATCO track, but didn't do as well.

Week 19 Lineage II The Chaotic Chronicle - Hall of Mists (5th place)
Probably the most traditionally orchestral/choral piece I've nominated, and it got skunked as a result. I didn't nominate anything ORCHESTRATIN' for the next 20 weeks.

Week 25 System Shock 2 (Game Rip) - Engineering: Coolant Tubes (6th place)
I thought I'd go with some techno here. Big mistake.

Week 30 The Journeyman Project – Finale (5th place)
A favorite from 1994, but not enough to attract the ROCKIN' crowd.

Week ?? Marathon 2 – Main Title (?) (?)
There might be another nomination in the Lost SoTW's. Thought I'd try some more ROCKIN', but this one got mocked pretty bad.

Week 42 Planescape: Torment - Annah's Theme (1st place)
My first gold. About this time I abandoned trying to cater to the ROCKIN' crowd and just nominated what I liked.

Week 46 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Game Rip) - Flying Practice (3rd place)
Back to back placings, and with Souley too.

Week 51 King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie - Ann's Theme (3rd place)
I was really surprised at how well this track did, since it's so quiet.

Week 54 The Curse of Monkey Island - "A Pirate I Was Meant to Be" (6th place)
Note to self: funny songs don't fly with SoTW voters unless they're in Japanese.

Week 58 Kameo: Elements of Power Original Soundtrack - Enchanted Kingdom (7th place)
This was a rough one, since I love the song so much.

Week 61 Beyond Good & Evil (Game Rip) - Fight Part 1 (5th place)
I accidentally nominated this one for SoTW and the BCC simultaneously. It did better in SoTW thanks to my personal edit, but not much better.

Week 66 Koudelka - Kiss Twice (2nd place)
Percussion Week. Finger pianos, marimba, and chimes FTRU.

Week 70 Lost Files - Mysterious Story of the Island of Souls Part 4 (2nd place)
I thought that this driving, quirky Kikuta was a shoo-in. Not so much.

Week 72 King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie - The T-Rex Cometh (6th place)
The wrong song got posted for this one (from the rip rather than the promo). After that, I always uploaded my own copies.

Week 76 The Seventh Seal: Resurrection of the Dark Lord - Air City - The Path to Knowledge (6th place)
Another quiet song with an equally quiet reception.

Week 78, BATTLE 10 STELLA DEUS BGM ReArrange Album - Planet She (1st place)
I was shocked that this one did so well, and resolved to nominate more piano tracks in the future.

Week 82 Rudra no Hihou (Game Rip) - Strange Encounter (4th place)
More ROCKIN', and some Ryuji Sasai. Guy still can't get any respect.

Week 85 [eM] -eNCHANT arM- Original Soundtrack - The People of London City (5th place)
This was my most disappointing showing, because I'd grown to love the track so much in the week before it went up (100+ plays). I figured the acoustic guitar would be a clincher; no such luck.

Week 87 Kameo: Elements of Power (Game Rip) - Trainer Cave (5th place)
Better than the previous Kameo at least. I don’t mind not placing (hey, I'm used to it!) but the when Cruise Control won, we all lost.

Week 92 Ragnarok Online 2 (Game Rip) - Intro Theme (3rd place)
Love the children's choir in this one; was originally set to debut for Week 85 but was replaced by London City at the last moment.

Week 95 The Sims (Game Rip) - Build Mode 5 (4th place)
Very relaxing and intricate piano track; it did okay in a tough week.

Week 97 Lennus: Memory of the Ancient Machine - Chezni and Midia (4th place)
I've had this one in the hopper forever; if it weren't for the dreadful sound quality, I'm sure Lennus would be better-known. Luckily this is arranged, though it's still synth.

Week 99 Spider-Man 3 (Game Rip) - MJ Thrill Ride (2nd place)
I was very pleased at this, since it was the closest I'd gotten to gold since Planet She. I think the mix of orchestra and electronics appealed to some people who don't normally like my stuff.

Week 102 Energy Breaker Soundtrack ~ Game Sound Legend Series - Radiance of the Sky (4th place)
I fell in love with this tune while looking for more Yasunori Shiono to share; it earned me the standard 4th place.

Week 104 RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Song of Freedom Fighters (7th place)
Loved the game, and piano tracks had served me well in the past. Guess nobody likes ragtime around here, eh?

Week 107 Space Cowboy Online (Game Rip) - Bygeniou City (8th place)
I don't know why this did so poorly; it did get some nice reviews, though.

Week 109 Alphabet Planet - 1 Plus 1 Equal 1 (1st place)
My third gold. I waited a couple of week on this one, to make sure I wouldn't get dinged on putting up something from such a new album. Kikuta's been good to me thus far, hauling in a gold and two silvers.

General Statistics:
Spoiler:
Total Nominations: 25

Geographic
Western: 17
Eastern: 12

Instrumentation
Orchestral: 15
Techno: 4
Rock: 4
Piano: 3
Vocal: 3

Genre
RPG: 12
FPS: 3
Adventure: 8
Simulation: 1
Original: 2

Top Composers
Hiroki Kikuta: 3 nominations
Mark Morgan: 2 nominations
Jeremy Soule: 2 nominations
Steve Burke: 2 nominations
Chance Thomas: 2 nominations

Last edited by orion_mk3; Nov 30, 2007 at 08:50 PM.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:47 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 02:47 PM #10 of 38
tl;dr

General:
First SotW Voting - Week 14 (link)
First SotW Nominating - Week 15 (link)
First Placing - Week 27
First Gold - Week 27
First Battle Gold - never
Length Between First Nomination and First Gold - 12 weeks
Biggest Disappointment - "Muv-Luv Original Soundtrack - Ambush" only took fourth. The more I listen to it, the more I realize it's the best song I've ever nominated.

Placing:
Golds - 4
Silvers - 2
Bronzes - 1
Average Place - 3.79
Most Frequent Place - 4th (6 times)
Least Frequent Place - 3rd, 7th, 8th (tie; 1 time)
Longest Placing Streak - 2 tracks (Weeks 63–67)
Longest Non-Placing Streak - 3 tracks (tie; Weeks 51–60, 82–present)

Demographics:
Total Nominations - 19 tracks
Game Rip Nominations - 10 tracks
Album Nominations - 8 tracks
Other Nominations - 1 track (www.timfollin.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk - The Tick; piece written for Ecco: Defender of the Future but not used)
Longest Game Rip Nomination Streak - 6 tracks (Weeks 21-47)
Longest Album Nomination Streak - 3 tracks (Weeks 63-70)
Number of Tracks I Would Nominate Again - 18 tracks (I'd go with On Planet from Zillion in Week 18 instead of Inside Planet.)

Composition:
Western-Composed - 5 tracks
(Cro-Mag Rally, Deimos Rising, TIM2, Tim Follin, Mythri)
Eastern-Composed (Japanese) - 14 tracks
(all others not listed above)

Vocals - 2 tracks
(Chaos Legion, Bonnou Kaihou)
ROCK'N - 5 tracks
(pure: TIM2, 3rd GIG #Crescent; melodic/synth: Area 88, Tim Follin, CRISS CROSS)
Orchestral - 4 tracks
(Deimos Rising [technorchestra], Arcana, WPJ2, Gyakuten Saiban)
Chiptunes - 2 tracks
(Zillion, Mythri)
Technoshitz - 2 tracks
(Muv-Luv, WindAge)
Miscellaneous (Ethnic, JAZZ'N, what the hell is this garbage) - 4 tracks
(Cro-Mag Rally, MERI+DIA, SNSM, Lost Passage)

Nomination History:
Week 15: Muv-Luv Original Soundtrack - Ambush - 4th place
Week 21: Cro-Mag Rally (Game Rip) - Crete - 6th place
Week 27: Deimos Rising (Game Rip) - Deimos Game 1 - Gold
Week 33: Zillion (Game Rip) - Inside Planet - 4th place
Week 38: The Incredible Machine 2 (Red Book Audio) - Progressive - Gold
Week 42: Area 88 (SNES Game Rip) - The Minks - 6th place
Week 47: Arcana (Game Rip) - The Symphony of Elemen - Gold
Week 51: MERI+DIA ~Maria Diana~ Original Sound Track - All charges - 8th place
Week 56: www.timfollin.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk - The Tick - 4th place
Week 60: Wonder Project J2 (Game Rip) - Josette of the Colro Forest - 5th place
Week 63: CRISS†CROSS ~ CROSS†CHANNEL Soundtrack Arrange Version - Airwaves - Bronze
Week 67: 3rd GIG #Crescent - In Search of the Holy Sword -Seiken Densetsu- - Gold
Week 70: WindAge - Oriental Dark Flight - 4th place (tie)
Week 72: Saturday Night Slam Masters (SNES Game Rip) - Contagion (King Rasta Mon) - 7th place (Lord knows how)
Week 76: Lost Passage Perfect Arrange Album - Ruined Heart - Silver
Week 78: Chaos Legion Original Soundtrack - I can hear the shriek (Stage ~Cave~) - Silver
Week 82: Gyakuten Saiban Orchestra Album ~GYAKUTEN MEETS ORCHESTRA~ - Oo-edo Soldier Tonosaman - 5th place
Week 85: Mythri (Game Rip) - Strike Battle (BATTLE BGM) - 4th place
Week 88: Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku: Bonnou Kaihou (Game Rip) - Let's Go! Necromancer (Extended Version) - 4th place

Selected Track Comments:
Week 15: Y'all suck.
Week 21: Y'all suck.
Week 33: Y'all suck.
Week 42: Y'all suck.
Week 51: Y'all suck.
Week 56: Y'all suck.
Week 60: Y'all suck.
Week 70: Y'all suck.
Week 72: Y'all suck.
Week 82: Y'all suck.
Week 85: Y'all suck.
Week 88: Y'all suck.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 07:14 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2007, 04:14 AM #11 of 38
I come bearing mp3 tags.

Week 2
Tricktrack PART2 from Phantasy Star Online Songs of RAGOL Odyssey -Soundtrack EPISODE 1&2-
1st place finisher
Spoiler:
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file:

Week 8
Mewt from white: melodies of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
2nd place finisher
Spoiler:

Week 13
Extol from Tetrishpere
8th place finisher
Spoiler:

Week 20
The Fallen Ground from Panzer Dragoon ORTA
4th place finisher?
Spoiler:

Week ??
Drunkard Does Make Wise Remarks from Guilty Gear Isuka
6th place finisher?
Spoiler:

Week 31
Blazing Earth from Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2
1st place finisher
Spoiler:

Week 36
Vein of Grief from Drag-on Dragoon 2
2nd place finisher
Spoiler:

Week 42
Temple of Tolerance from Guild Wars
Finished ?? (did not place)
Spoiler:

Week 46
High Score from Zoop
Finished ?? (did not place)
Spoiler:

Week 51
Never Say Die! from Clockwork Knight ~ Pepperouchau's Adventure
2nd place finisher
Spoiler:

Week 54
Cromlech Court from Blast Corps
5th place finisher
Spoiler:

Week 58
Five Years Before from DIGITAL DEVIL SAGA ~Avatar Tuner~ 1 & 2 Original Sound Track: Integral
6th place finisher
Spoiler:

Week 61
Irrevocable Dream from Thunder Force 2
8th place finisher
Spoiler:

Week 65
The Last Dungeon from Wonderboy III The Dragon's Trap
4th place finish
Spoiler:

Week 68
Twelfth Chapter Sky from Drag-on Dragoon OST Vol. 2
6th place finish
Spoiler:

Week 71
Deep Red Pastures from Baten Kaitos II
1st place finisher
Spoiler:

Week 74
Battle Force from Wild Arms Music the Best -rocking heart-
6th place finisher
Spoiler:

Week 77
Supercooled Girl from Granado Espada
4th place finisher
Spoiler:

Week 83
Origin ~Awakening~ (Heroes' Theme) [BGM1] from Gain Ground
6th place finisher
Spoiler:

Week 86
Tokyo Conception from Shin Megami Tensei III
6th place finisher
Spoiler:

I may edit in commentary later if time permits.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:34 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2007, 01:34 AM #12 of 38
O-kay. Will give this a shot. I don't remember how well all my nominations did and I never did keep track. :P

First SoTW (voting): Week 1

First SoTW (nominating): Week 2

First placing: Dune Spice Opera - Exxos - Wake Up (Week 13)

First gold: Dune Spice Opera - Exxos - Wake Up (Week 13)
This still remains one of my favourite SotW nominations (and oddly enough, my first nomination ever to place). I was very surprised "Wake Up" won considering how it veers from mainstream sensibilities so much and has a high dose of new age moodiness about it. But then again, my track record isn't that great (I think) so maybe "Wake Up" was a fluke.

Length between first nomination and first gold: 12 Weeks

Other awards: Songs of the Weak (aka 8th place finishers)
Like my famous RIVEN - The Sountrack - Gehn's Theme (Week 36) and Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura Soundtrack - Arcanum (Week 30). I'm sure everyone was too modest to admit how much they liked the songs.

Biggest disappointment: The Sword of Xuan Yuan 4 - Boss F (Week 2)
Admittedly, I was rather upset when my first nomination and one of my favourite pieces of VGM got trashed rather badly for being too chaotic and incoherent. But hey, I loved it, so I guess that's what matters most.

Biggest fluke win: Princess Banenn (Game Rip) - Music 04 (Week 61)
I never expected this to win at all. In fact I thought it would end up being a Song of the Weak. Vocals in unknown language (some would say Japanese :P) + sparse instrumentation + melancholic overtones = INSTANT LOSE (usually). But somehow "Music 04" came in first. I attribute this to the very poor participation in Week 61. I remember how some regulars (e.g. Crash, I think) were fuming that their songs lost to "Music 04", perhaps justly so. Admittedly, I believe all my winning songs (Four, I think? The other two being an Anarchy Online track and a controversial Shadow of the Colossus piece) have been bashed during Battle Weeks so perhaps the few wins I've had have all been flukes. :P

I'll add more stuff if I have the time.

I think therefore I am... I think.

Last edited by Elorin; May 24, 2007 at 11:14 AM.
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 06:38 PM #13 of 38
Biggest fluke win: Princess Banenn (Game Rip) - Music 04 (Week 61)
I never expected this to win at all. ... But somehow "Music 04" came in first. I attribute this to the very poor participation in Week 61. I remember how some regulars (e.g. Crash, I think) were fuming that their songs lost to "Music 04", perhaps justly so.
I remember that week. I didn't have a nomination that week, but I was quite surprised by the victory of Princess Banenn, yes. I won't cast stones so long afterward, but I very much expected the Dark Savior track to take first, as it was a very strong contender and my favorite that week. My "fuming" was aimed more at the low participation and less at the actual winner.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kanji
"Well, hello there, sugar tits."

Member 567

Level 16.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 07:48 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2007, 06:48 PM #14 of 38
Hmm, I think I hopped into Song of the Week sometime during the weeks that are now known as the Lost SotW's. So, for the "First SotW" categories, I'm not really sure about the accuracy.

First SotW (voting) ~ Week 35 (?)
First SotW (nominating) ~ Week 34 (?)
First placing ~ Week 41: BAROQUE Original Soundtrack <Masaharu Iwata> - One foot in the grave
First gold ~ Week 66: Age of Mythology Original Soundtrack <Stephen Rippy> - Chocolate Outline
Length between first nomination and first gold ~ 31 weeks (?)
List of nominations (all the ones I seem to remember nominating) ~

Hako no Niwa <Yasunori Mitsuda> - The Smug Gentleman
My first nomination, and a pretty safe one. I imagine that I was trying to ensure success of the nom while trying to fit within the guidelines for obscure game music. Mitsuda was a well-renowned composer, and this track had a simple appeal that I figured would be pretty well-received. If not, I assumed that no one would hate the track outright. Some loved it, but it seemed that most dismissed it for better, stronger tracks that week. But apparently, the performance wasn't bad enough to keep me from nominating more!

Mama-san's Volley - Let Your Breasts Bounce - <Norihiro Furukawa, Takayuki Aihara> - Shinobu, Depressed at 15 (Unreleased Take)
I'm pretty sure that I developed a healthy respect for decent H-game music by the time I nominated this, and I can't deny that the album title influenced this nomination to a certain extent. This was seen as more of a bland track if I remember correctly, or certainly not the best that the week had to offer. I thought the melancholic yet jazzy approach was unique, so I ended up disappointed at the track's performance.

BAROQUE Original Soundtrack <Masaharu Iwata> - One foot in the grave ~ Silver!
First placing! I stopped participating in SotW for a while (ah, Ragnarok Online makes for a pretty unhealthy obsession) when this track made its debut. By the time I pried myself free from the MMORPG, I checked the SotW site and was pleasantly surprised to see that one of my noms had gone silver. I wasn't expecting the track to do this well, but seeing this happen seemed to give me a taste of what everyone else liked.

Lagoon <Go Saito, Masae Sakaide> - Moonchild ~ 8th Place...
After a hiatus induced by laziness on my part (when it came to finding worthwhile nominations, anyway), I returned with this track. It made its debut in an unintentional synth-rock-themed week. It got lost in the crowd, as there were a few rockin' tracks that were a lot better. I don't think think I awarded a single point to Moonchild, even though it was my nomination. One of my weaker noms, I suppose, if bias towards it wasn't present at all.

Age of Mythology Original Soundtrack <Stephen Rippy> - Chocolate Outline ~ Gold!!
Back when percussion week was being planned, Drakken helped me out with choosing a nomination. He suggested a bunch of Age of Mythology tracks (all of which were great, by the way - anyone who liked Chocolate Outline needs to check out the rest of this game's music), and Chocolate Outline made me melt with its effective use of acoustic guitar coupled with some nice progression in the percussion. Most people seemed to agree, and this track did pretty well that week. I share the glory with Drakken (after all, it was one of his suggestions), and don't really count this as a true gold. I still hope to independently nominate a song that does well, but there's no doubt that I was happy about this victory.

Wario World <Minako Hamano & Norio Hanzawa> Excitement Central - Greenhorn Forest ~ 7th Place..
I thought this was a pretty interesting jazzy track, but most people didn't find it winning material. On the plus side, I don't think anyone detested or hated the track. It was one of the simple, enjoyable ones that was, well... enjoyed, but didn't get much in terms of points.

Carnaval <Takayuki Aihara> - cool voice ~ 5th Place
A decent song that was more of easy listening than a memorable nomination. I was hoping it would do better, as the track did plenty to set up a calming, soothing atmosphere for me. Guess it wasn't enough, though. Seems like it fell into the same camp as Excitement Central, although more people gave it points.

PinkSweets Ibara Original Sound Track <Masaharu Iwata> - Sweets Nerd ~ Bronze
Sweets Nerd actually did pretty well, though I certainly wasn't expecting it to place. I predicted another mediocre performance, but the track turned out to have more punch than I expected.

Most amazing jew boots
_DH_
JAZZIN'

Member 130

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 10:08 PM #15 of 38
I've enjoyed quite a bit of success with my nominations. Here's the run-down:

First SoTW (nominating): Week 00
First placing: Week 07
First gold: Week 07
Length between first nomination and first gold: 7 weeks
Other awards: People say I'm the most successful nominator in sotw history though I have missed about 25 weeks.
Biggest disappointment: My first nomination "Gradius IV Fukkatsu Original Game Soundtrack - Dupon (Arrange)" which placed fifth. I was so sure that track was going to place even after it got four first place votes. Only one other track that week got that many first place votes so it was a bit disappointing to see it finish out of the top three. I bet if I nominated it again, it would place.

Nomination history:
Week 02 - (fifth) Gradius IV Fukkatsu Original Game Soundtrack - Dupon (Arrange)
Week 07 - (gold) R-Type Special <Satoshi Miyashita> - The Funky FLAMINGO ~ Gallop
Week 12 - (silver) Gradius Fantasia <Gradius Symphonic Orchestra> - Gradius Fantasia
Week 19 - (gold) 2nd GIG #Break Out <MintJam> - A rude performance -spicy Jam mix-
Week 25 - (fifth) S.S.T. Band Live! -G.S.M. Sega- - After Burner Medley
Week 30 - (gold) Wolf Fang ~ Tumble Pop <Gamadelic> - Rohga (Wolf Fang)
Week 35 - (bronze) Kukeiha Club pro-fusion ~Salamander~ <Motoaki Furukawa, TAPPY, Mami Asano> - Fire Tripper
Week 40 - (silver) Ys -The Oath in Felghana- Original Sound Track <Sound Team JDK> - Sealed Time
Week 45 - (gold/Battle #6 winner) Impressive <T-Square> - Amaranth
Week 49 - (gold) www.ssh.ne.jp <Saitama Saisyu Heiki (S.S.H.)> - Nightrain
Week 53 - (silver) Dramatic <Casiopea> - Oriental Spirits
Week 55 - (silver) All Over Xanadu <Ikuro "Amadeus" Fujiwara and the Xanadu Rockalight Orchestra> - The Resurrection of Dragon
Week 59 - (gold) Street Fighter EX2 <Takayuki Aihara> - PRECIOUS HEART (Sakura)
Week 80 - (gold) Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Game Rip) <Noisycloak Co. Ltd.> - Staff Credit Game
Week 82 - (gold/Battle #11 winner) Let's Make a Pro Baseball Team! ~ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK~ <Mariko Nanba, Teruhiko Nakagawa, Ken-ichi Tokoi and Fumie Kumatani> - Forty Year Plan, are you finished?
Week 90 - (sixth) Ys III Wanderers from Ys Super Arrange Version <Falcom Sound Team> - Trading Village of Redmont (town)
Week 93 - (fourth) G5 Project <a2c> - Transient Blue
Week 97 - (fourth) Melty Lancer Original Soundtrack - Charge

Placing:
Golds: 8
Silvers: 4
Bronze: 1
Fourth: 2
Fifth: 2
Sixth: 1
Average place: 2.39

Demographics:
Arranged vgm tracks: 10
Original vgm tracks: 3
Non-vgm tracks: 5

Composition:
Jazz/Fusion: 14
Rockin': 2
Techno: 1
Orchestral: 1

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by _DH_; Jul 11, 2007 at 03:23 PM.
isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 05:35 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 12:35 AM #16 of 38
I'm not particularly successful but I have a few nominations over my shoulders.

First SoTW (voting): Week 10
First SoTW (nominating) : Week 10
First placing: Week 11
First gold: Week 39

Nomination History:
Week 11: Alundra Original Game Soundtrack - Wind that Spans the Earth (Bronze)
Week 17: The Wheel of Time (Red Book Audio) - Forest for the Trees (???)
Week 23: Perfect Collection Ys - Endless History (Ys - The Morning Grow) (???)
Week 28: Zwei!! Super Arrange Version - Crop Caverns (???)
Week 34: Seiken Densetsu ~ Let Thoughts Ride on Knowledge - Third Chapter: Mission ~ Village, Royal Palace, Mana's Mission (Silver)
Week 39: Snatcher Zoom Tracks - One Night in NEO KOBE CITY (Gold)
Week 41 (aka best sotw ever!): Brandish Piano Collection - Brandish Tower (???)
Week 46: Puzzle Bobble 4 (Red Book Audio) - April Forest (???)
Week 50: The Adventure of Puppet Princess Original Soundtrack - Dream Traveler (Silver)
Week 54: Nobunaga's Ambition: Haouden - Blue Whitecaps (Gold)
Week 57: Suite Wizardry III: Knight of Diamonds - Boltac's Trading Post III (Gold)
Week 61: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Master System Game Rip) - Scrambled Egg Zone (Silver)
Week 64: Falcom Special Box '90 - A Fast Flight to You (Ys II "Ending II") (Gold)
Week 68: KUKEIHA CLUB pro-fusion ~TOKIMEKI MEMORIAL~ - The Ambition of Cultman (4th place)
Week 71: Shiori Fujisaki Piano Collection - Overture of Love (7th place)
Week 74: Serious Sam 2 (PC Game Rip) - Continuous (7th place)
Week 77: Gate of Thunder (Red Book Audio) - Dark City (6th place)
Week 80: Royal Blood - Flame (6th place)
Week 83: The Best of LucasArts Original Soundtracks - Underwater Lagoon (7th place)
Week 86: The Legend of Xanadu SUPER ARRANGE VERSION - A Bird Crossing the Desert (Bronze)
Week 90: Song to Fly - The Man in the Desert (7th place)
Week 93: Bubble Symphony - Sorcerer Drunk (Arrange Version) (Bronze)
Week 96: SYMPHONY GAGHARV TRILOGY - The Legend of Heroes III, IV, V - Bonds (Bronze)
Week 99: Symphony Sorcerian - Fourth Movement: Cave I ~ Forest ~ King Dragon ~ Ending I (4th place)
Week 102: Genso Suikoden III Music Collection ~Rustling of the Wind~ - The Wind and the Earth (Silver)
Week 104: Bomberman The Music - Battle (8th place)
Week 106: Romancing SaGa La Romance - THEME FINAL... LA SAGA (8th place)
Week 108: Ys III Wanderers from Ys (PC-Engine Red Book Audio) - Be Careful (Bronze)
Week 111: Dragon Gun - DRAGON GUN ~Divine Flame~ (Arrange ver.) (5th place)
Week 115: The Lunatic - Ibara Remix Tracks - Endress Train (5th place)
Week 123: Game Music Concert 2 ~ The Best Selection - Wizardry V 'Opening' (6th place)
Week 129: Melody Of Legend ~ Chapter Of Dream - COZY <featured in Zeus II> (4th place)
Week 132: ARTDINK 10th Anniversary Memorial Music Edition - BUBUMBA (7th place)
Week 135: FROM DUSK TILL DAWN - 500 miles far from embarrassing (Gold)
Week 138: Sorcerian Super Arrange Version II Plus Sorcerian System Vol.1 - The Choice is Yours (Bronze)
Week 141: Derby Stallion Original Soundtrack - Stable (5th place)
Week 144: POPOROGUE Original Soundtrack - The Magic of the Moon, Majestic Dream - For Those Who Chase Dreams (8th place)
Week 147: Sonic the Hedgehog Remix - Dr.'Gigglymen' (Gold)
Week 149: Dark Wizard Symphony - Amon - The Prejudiced (6th place)
Week 151: Master of Monsters - Golden Warrior (4th place)
Week 153: Formula -G.S.M. SEGA 5- - Soup Up [Rad Mobile] (Gold)
Week 155: Clover Heart's Perfect Arrange Album - On Thin Ice (Silver)
Week 157: STAR SOLDIER [Vanishing Earth] ORIGINAL & ARRANGED SOUNDTRACK - SHIVER (MISSION5) (5th place)
Week 161: Momotaro Denchiku II Best Classics - Hudson Soft Orchestra - Wing of Dawn ~ Riding on the Firebird Goddess (8th place)
Week 164: Back in Time - Sanxion (Gold)
Week 166: 20th anniversary a TRIBUTE to GAME-sounds for music-CD - Comic Star (8th place)
Week 168: Vandal Hearts II ~Heaven's Gate~ Original Soundtrack - Warfare on a Constructions (4th place)
Week 170: Bermuda Syndrome The Symphonic Soundtrack - The Coral Sea (4th place)
Week 176: Echoes of War: The Music of Blizzard Entertainment Legendary Edition - Eradicate and Evolve (4th place)
Week 178: Sacred Night Story - Anearth Fantasy Stories - The BEYOND (8th place)
Week 180: Samsara Naga 2 - Swimming (Bronze)
Week 182: Keys of the city - The Diver (6th place)
Week 184: Rebus Original Soundtracks & Classical Arrange - Piano Variation "Silence ~Bloodstained Silence~" (4th place)
Week 186: Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - The Legacy (7th place)
Week 188: Scratches Original Soundtrack - The House, in Dust (8th place)
Week 190: The Legend of Heroes Piano Collection - Dragon (Gold)
Week 193: Choukou Gasshin Xardion - Ending (6th place)
Week 195: Hanakisou Orchestra Arrange Album "Hanakisou Symphony" - The Town's Breath ~ Market Scenery (Bronze)
Week 196: The King of Fighters '99 Arrange Sound Trax - Psyco Sonic Trip (Psycho Soldier Team) (5th place)
Week 197: Astérix and the Secret Mission (Game Rip) - Boss (7th place)
Week 199: 1995 Hudson Game Music Complete Works - Battle (5th place)
Week 201: Lagrange Point - Broken Replicaizer (5th place)
Week 203: Star Cruiser II -The Odysseus Project- Image Sound - I cannot trust any of them (5th place)
Week 205: Friends ~The Radiance of Youth~ Acoustic Arrange Version - Momoko's Theme (7th place)
Week 206: tama-soft artist collection vol.03: For you... from here the edge - the repeated scene (Silver)
Week 209: Final Soldier Suite & Original Soundtrack - TAKING OFF ~ SOLE WARRIOR ~ PROGRESSION (4th place)
Week 211: The Blue Wolf and the White Doe: The Secret History of the Mongols - Wolves on Horseback (5th place)
Week 215: Live Music by Piano and Strings - 7th Dragon Super Arrange Version - Labyrinth - Jungle Navigation (Silver)
Week 219: Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Game Arrange Soundtrack - Sunlight (4th place)
Week 221: Princess Knights Original Soundtrack and Arrange - Crash (Bronze)
Week 223: Namco Video Game Graffiti Volume 9 - Rolling Thunder 2 (Jazz Mix) (Gold)

Last edited by isdapi; Jan 11, 2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Eternal Update
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 05:56 PM #17 of 38
First SoTW (voting): Week 1 (From the beginning, baby!)
First SoTW (nominating): Week 3
First placing: Week 8
First gold: Week 8
Length between first nomination and first gold: Five weeks
Length between first and second gold: 80 weeks

Week 3 – Street Fighter II Alph-Lyla with Yuji Toriyama: On Your Mark ~Fei-Long Stage~Fei Long
Week 8 – Beyond Gold & Evil: Theme Home (Gold)
Week 13 – Resident Evil Orchestra Album: Special End Title (Bonus Track) (Bronze)
Week 20 – Jet Set Radio: Miller Ball Breakers (Bronze)
Week 26 – Hitman 2: H2 Exploration
Week 31 – Alien Hominid: Level 2-4 (Silver)
Week 36 – Body Harvest: House
Week 41- Viewtiful Joe 2: Blizzard Hazard
Week 46 – Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo: Morrigan
Week 50 – TimeSpliters: Future Perfect: Scotland The Brave
Week 54 – Tekken 3: Forest Law
Week 58 – Body Harvest: bh04 (4th, missed bronze by one point)
Week 73- Jet Force Gemini: Water Ruins (Bronze)
Week 77 - Space Station Silicon Valley: Fun In The Sun
Week 79 - Capcom vs SNK: Bonus Track 2
Week 84 - Ogre Grand Repeat: Chivalry and Savagery
Week 87 - Ridge Racer 64: Cruise Control (Gold…somehow)

Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:10 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2007, 06:10 AM #18 of 38
First SotW (voting): Week 65
First SotW (nominating): Week 67
First Placing: Week 67
First Gold: Week 99
First Battle Gold: Week 108
Length Between First Nomination and First Gold: 32 Weeks
Other Awards: Haven't left the queue ever since I've started!

Nomination History:
Week 067: Zero Wing (Sega Genesis Game Rip) - New Day for Me (Stage 2: Legrous) [Bronze]
Week 070: The Legend of Kyrandia (PC Game Rip) - Outside Brandon's Home [Bronze]
Week 072: Super Star Soldier (Game Rip) - Stage 1 [4th]
Week 075: La-Mulana (Game Rip) - Mr. Explorer [8th]
Week 078: Republic: The Revolution - Blood Brothers [6th]
Week 081: Dragon's Fury (Game Rip) - Main Table [5th]
Week 085: The Legend of Kyrandia 3: Malcolm's Revenge (Game Rip) - Kyrandia [6th]
Week 087: Madara Mouryousenki - Ones of Serenity (Town Theme) [Silver]
Week 091: Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Soundtrack - Pharotek [6th]
Week 094: To Be On Top - Chris Hülsbeck Volume 2 - To be on top [Bronze]
Week 096: Top Gear (SNES Game Rip) - Las Vegas [5th]
Week 099: Back in Time II - Galway is God 2000 [Gold]
Week 102: Magical Chase (Game Rip) - Kouri ja nai no yo! (4th Seal) [7th]
Week 104: Gradius III - In the Wind [Gold]
Week 106: OutRun 20th Anniversary Box - Shake the Street [7th]
Week 108: Waterworld (SNES Game Rip) - Diving [Gold|BATTLE14]
Week 111: Crusader: No Remorse (PC Game Rip) - Mission 01 [4th]
Week 114: Savage (Commodore 64 Game Rip) - Intro [4th]
Week 117: Art of Fighting 2 Image Album - Eikou e no jokyoku (Micky Rogers) [7th]
Week 120: Crusader: No Regret (Game Rip) - Ninth Crusade [4th]
Week 121: Terminal Velocity (Game Rip) - Tame [6th]
Week 124: DOUBLE DRAGON II The Revenge - Low Pursuit (Mission 2) [Bronze]
Week 127: Battle Squadron: The Destruction of the Barrax Empire (Amiga Game Rip) - In-Game Music [7th]
Week 130: PSYVARIAR2 ORIGINAL Sound track PLUS - Weakboson~GorgeCity [5th]
Week 133: Legend of Game Music 2 ~Platinum Box~ - POWER DRIFT - LIKE THE WIND (B Course) [7th]
Week 135: Miracle Warriors: Seal of the Dark Lord (Game Rip) - Overhead [7th]
Week 139: Sonic Blast Man II (SNES Game Rip) - Port Town (Stage 3) [5th]
Week 141: New Ghostbusters II (Game Rip) - River of Slime (Level 4) [7th]
Week 143: The Treasure of Usas (Game Rip) - Mohenjo Daro (Stage 5) [5th]
Week 146: Vigilante 8 (N64 Game Rip) - Dreamland [5th]
Week 148: Powerslave (Saturn Red Book Audio) - End Credits [8th]
Week 150: Ultraverse Prime (Red Book Audio) - Prime's Theme [4th]
Week 152: MegaRace (PC Game Rip) - Maeva [6th]
Week 154: Daffy Duck: The Marvin Missions (SNES Game Rip) - The Incredible Shrinking Duck [6th]
Week 156: Midnight Resistance (Genesis Game Rip) - Flood of Power (BGM 1) [Silver]
Week 159: You Have To Burn The Rope (Game Rip) - Now You're a Hero [Bronze]
Week 161: Savage (Amiga Game Rip) - Level 2 [Bronze]
Week 163: God Tracks! - Battery Size D [5th]
Week 165: Symphonic Poem Argos no Senshi Original Soundtrack - Geryon Hill [7th]
Week 167: Tetris (Famicom Game Rip) - Technotris [4th]
Week 169: Vib Ribbon (Red Book Audio) - Sunny Day [7th]
Week 172: ZUNTATA HISTORY L'ab-normal 1st - Let's make friends! Everyone friends! (Mizubaku Daibouken) [Silver]
Week 173: Immortal 2 - Battle Squadron [Bronze]
Week 176: Agony (Game Rip) - Intro [5th]
Week 178: H.A.T.E. (Amstrad CPC Game Rip) - Title [5th]
Week 179: The Prodigy (C64 Game Rip) - Title [8th]
Week 182: F.I.R.E. (Game Rip) - Title [Silver]
Week 183: Garou Densetsu SPECIAL ~ Image Album Part 2 - A New Poem That Southern Thailand Wants to Tell (Joe Higashi) [6th]
Week 185: WOLF FANG/TUMBLE POP - MIDNIGHT CHASER - 'Breakthrough' [Silver]
Week 188: In The Lounge with No One Lives Forever - Elevator of Love [5th]
Week 190: Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Original Sound Track - Discover the Royal Chambers [8th]

Nomination Breakdown:
Gold: 3
Silver: 5
Bronze: 7
4th: 6
5th: 10
6th: 7
7th: 9
8th: 4
Total: 51

Last edited by Duck King; Jan 25, 2009 at 06:44 AM.
TCK
I am the horseman

Member 230

Level 11.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:14 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2007, 12:14 PM #19 of 38
First SoTW (voting): Week 18
First SoTW (nominating): Week 18
First placing: Week 29
First gold: Week 29
Length between first nomination and first gold: 11 weeks (3 nominations)
Other awards: I dunno, five nominations in a row ranking 6th or less?
Biggest disappointment: My first nomination not a) winning or b) placing. Perhaps I'll nominate it again sometime.

Nomination history:
Week 18 - Dark Chronicle Premium Arrange - Sun (unranked, probably 4th)
Week ?? - Jurassic Park (SNES Game Rip) - Gallimimus Gallop (7th)
Week 29 - Ganbare Goemon ~Deroderodochu Obake Tenkomori~ Original Game Soundtrack - Underground Paradise (Underworld Castle) (1st)
Week 34 - Stormlord (Game Rip) - In-Game Music (3rd)
Week ?? - Quake 2 - Quad Machine (unranked, probably 6th)
Week 44 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA Rip) - Mill Fever (3rd)
Week 48 - Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME Premium CD - Look To The Sky (True Color Extended Mix) (4th)
Week 52 - Touhou Youyou Yumi ~Embodiment of Scarlet Devil~ (Game Rip) - The Maid and the Pocket Watch of Blood (WAV Version) (8th)
Week 55 - Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None (Game Rip) - walkingaround01 (8th)
Week 59 - Darwinia (Game Rip) - Impact of Silence (6th)
Week 80 - F-Zero Climax (Game Rip) - Illusion (7th)
Week 83 - Space Station: Silicon Valley (Game Rip) - Ice 'n' Easy Does It (8th)
Week 89 - Darwinia Soundtrack - Visitors from dreams (3rd)
Week 92 - Ganbare Goemon Mononoke Sugoroku - Deepsea Shrine (6th)
Week 95 - Mystic Square - Peaceful Romancer (2nd)

Placing:
Golds: 1
Silvers: 1
Bronze: 3
Average place: Pitiful (or 5.07 at Week 95)

Demographics:
Arranged vgm tracks: 1
Original vgm tracks: 14

Composition:
Piano: 2
Jazz/Fusion: 1
Rockin': 2
Techno: 1
Chiptune: 3
General BGM: 6

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by TCK; May 24, 2007 at 11:19 AM.
Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2007, 08:36 AM #20 of 38
Here's what I can remember:

First SoTW (voting): Week 4 (not certain, but around that week)
First SoTW (nominating): Week 6
First placing: Week 6
First gold: Week 11
Length between first nomination and first gold: 5 weeks

WEEK 006 - Apocalyptica (Game Rip) <Black Wave Digital Music> - Menu Screen (2nd)
WEEK 011 - Die Hard Trilogy (PlayStation Red Book Audio) <Steve Root> - Die Hard 3: Wall Street (1st)
WEEK ??? - Shadow Madness (PSX Game Rip) <Brad Spear> - Barleygrove
WEEK 026 - Batman Returns (Sega CD Red Book Audio) <Spencer Nilsen> - City Limits (1st) + BATTLE GOLD
WEEK ??? - Alloyrun (C64 Game Rip) <Jeroen Tel> - Theme
WEEK ??? - Robocop vs. The Terminator CD (Virgin Games Greatest Hits Vol.1) <Tommy Tallarico> - Rivit Fanfare
------------- (long hiatus) -------------
WEEK 089 - Metal Saga ~Chain of Sandstorm~ Original Soundtrack <Satoshi Kadokura> - Route 99 (1st)
WEEK 106 - V' BALL - SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme) (1st)
WEEK 108 - The Wanderer - G-Comp (4th/5th)
WEEK 111 - Nexus 6581 - Asian Legends (3rd)
WEEK 114 - Double Dragon (Neo Geo CD Red Book Audio) - Kochinda (Rebecca's Theme) (2nd)
WEEK 119 - Wiz 'n' Liz The Frantic Wabbit Wescue (Sega Genesis Game Rip) - Name Entry (2nd)
WEEK 121 - G-Darius Future Perfect - Adam #2 (3rd)
WEEK 124 - Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow (PC Redbook Audio) - The Mojo Mansion (4th)
WEEK 126 - Treasures of the Deep (Game Rip) - Wreck of the Concepcion - Credits (1st) + BATTLE GOLD
WEEK 129 - Frank Klepacki - Zanthia's Funky Swamp (1st)
WEEK 133 - Tr3s Lunas - Tr3s Lunas (2nd)
WEEK 135 - The Party 1998: Multi Channel Music - Kids (4th)

Last edited by Rimo; Jun 20, 2008 at 08:33 PM.
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old May 23, 2007, 11:00 PM #21 of 38
I've updated my statistics, and am posting to bump this thread so that others remember its existence. I rather like having an ongoing tally of who's nominated what, when and how well people tend to do.

I was speaking idiomatically.
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 09:13 AM #22 of 38
Dang, I forgot all about this--and I started it! I even placed since my last update!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 01:15 PM Local time: May 24, 2007, 12:15 PM #23 of 38
I think _DH_ cheats.

FELIPE NO

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
_DH_
JAZZIN'

Member 130

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 08:27 PM #24 of 38
I've updated my stats as well.

I think _DH_ cheats.
Heh, my last two nominations have been duds though...looks like I'm starting to loose that magic nomination touch.

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2007, 01:20 PM #25 of 38
EDITED: 2-16-08

First SoTW (voting): Week 30
First SoTW (nominating): Week 31
First placing: Week 41
First gold:
Length between first nomination and first gold: yes
Other awards: Megalomaniac, my first nom, would've been a 0 pointer had I not voted.
Biggest disappointment: Week 78

My nom history:
Spoiler:
Week 31: Battle Garegga Perfect Soundtrack - Megalomaniac - 8th place
After the results of this week, I knew I would fit into the cliques of Gamingforce quite nicely

Week 36: Power Rangers Zeo - Battle Racers (Game Rip) - City Circut - 4th place
"THIS IS THE WORST WEEK EVER YOU'RE NOT HELPING"

Week 41: ZUNTATA HISTORY L'ab-normal 2nd - Dandy Lady (Super Chase) - 3rd place
This YACK Track did rather well in a highly acclaimed week.

Week 46: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - The Movie (SNES Game Rip) - Energy Generator Lab (Stage 5) - 3rd place
Still much better than Artic Circle D Point

Week 51: Armed Police Batrider (Game Rip) - Stage 5 Chasing Gang's Need Speed - 5th place
My first Stage 5 theme. A legacy (a kid and silly proclamations) was born here.

Week 54: Spanky's Quest (SNES Game Rip) - Ruins - 2nd Place
Stage 5 theme. 2nd place! Awesome, this tune and I go way back.

Week 57: BORDER DOWN Sound Tracks Vol.2 - Go Ahead (Stage 5) - 3rd Place
Stage 5 theme. Lost to my two least favorites of the week, go figure.

Week 61: Arc Hound (Game Rip) - Stage 5 - 6th Place
Stage 5 theme. Shortunes are awesome.

Week 64: Pop'n Twinbee - Graffiti - Sky Avenue (Stage 5 BGM) - 7th Place
Stage 5 theme. Man for a short period of time I seriously thought Pop'n Twinbee had the greatest soundtrack of all time.

Week 66: ChaosField Sound Track - spray -boss- - 6th Place
My forced entry into Percussion week because people keep secrets from me. Looking back, I wish I gave 3 points to Ruthless, it really is superior.

Week 72: Metal Slug ~Complete Sound BOX~ - Cliff and Cave (Mission 1-2) - 2nd place
My first tune nominated with the sole intention of winning. The fact that it is one of my favorites from that year is not even relevant. I WILL WIN WEEK 72 (My nom did not win by only a couple points, at least this is still my best performing track)

Week 75: Hotdog Storm (Game Rip) - Stage 5 - 3rd place
Stage 5 theme. Also <33333333333

Week 78: Phalanx - The Enforce Fighter A-144 (SNES Game Rip) - Underwater (Stage 2) - 8th place
My second I WILL WIN nom. Still depressing.

Week 83: SILENT SCOPE TRILOGY Original Soundtrack - SUPREME 4th place
My first non-in-game tune. Did much better than I thought, this is some hardcore stuff.

Week 86: Great Maho Daisakusen Original Soundtrack - THUNDER STORM~ Stage 5 - 4th place
Stage 5 theme. Excellent track, did alright. Almost everyone found it odd.

Week 89: Klonoa of the Wind 2 ~ Something Forgotten Wished by the World Original Soundtrack - Going to Lunatea - The Sea of Tears (After Polly's Entry) - 6th place
Only nom that's not truly mine, but damn impressive nonetheless.

Week 93: Knytt (Game Rip) - Tutorial Music - 5th place
360+ minutes of playtime and counting. One of my more daring noms with pleasing results.

Week 96: Raystorm - LUMINESCENCE (Area 5) - full take - 6th place
Stage 5 theme. Absolutely brilliant, but trumped by one song I thought was even better. That Top Gear track placed higher than this which makes no sense whatsoever.

Week 100: five musicians 8080 - Search for the Lost Riff - 3rd place
I discovered this tune sometime during week 80 and was already planning my victory speech. It didn't win.

Week 102: ~Welcome to the Karuland~ PUZZLE BOBBLE - GEKIRINDAN etc. - WHAT'S INSIDE (BGM 5 - A.D. 4580) - 3rd place
Stage 5 theme. Pleasantly surprised by this result, I expected this one to bomb, and almost decided on not going through with this in the first place.

Week 104: Contra Spirits (Contra III: The Alien Wars) - Hell Messenger (Stage 5) - 6th place
Stage 5 theme. With Contra 4 coming out, I found myself hooked on the classic contras in preparation. Playing Contra III again reminded me how the soundtrack, and this track specifically, rocks like no other.

Week 107: Bugs Bunny - Rabbit Rampage (Game Rip) - Things That Go Bugs In The Night - 7th place
A delicious SNES Jazz (read: Jazz, not Jazzy) nom I've been wanting to nominate since the beginning, it is unfortunate that it found it's way into THE GREATEST WEEK OF ALL TIME.

Week 109: SILENT SCOPE TRILOGY Original Soundtrack - The Fly -Valley- - 8th place
As a testament to the soundtrack's awesomeness, this marks the first time I nominated a second track from an album/game rip. This actually appeared much earlier than Supreme in my consideration list.

Week 112: Zed Blade (Game Rip) - Universe Blue (yueez MIX) (Stage 2 & 5) - 2nd place
Stage 5 theme, sort of. An absolute gem from one of Namiki's earlier works. Amazed at how well it did in this also great week.

Week 115: 19XX The War Against Destiny Capcom Sound Track - City Light in the Black Straight (Mission 5) - 6th place
Stage 5 theme. This song is divided into 2 parts to fit the gameplay. I prefer the monstrous part 2 over the first, though you would've heard a different opinion if you asked me a few years back. Both kick ass.

Week 118: Battle Garegga Perfect Sound Track - Subversive Awareness (Stage5 – Cloud) - 5th place
Legendary Namiki track. I have yet to, and would rather not, rank my noms in order, but this would be somewhere at the very top. Week was sick, too, but very little can deter me from giving this 3 points.

Week 120: Zero Gunner 2 (Game Rip) - Aerial Capital (Stage 7 part 1) 5th place?!
One response shattered every possible expectation of everything known to mankind, making this my best nom ever. Gaining 8 points in the last minute and jumping up 2 places in the ranking made me realize that we need more voters.

Week ???: ???

Total Nom Count: 27
In-Game Music: 25
Arrange: 0
Concept/Original: 2

Average Placement: 4.81th place. Still goldless, but not complaining.

Last edited by Darkcomet72; Feb 16, 2008 at 06:00 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - Statistics Thread