Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] I'm trying a silly new motivational tool

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2014, 09:50 PM #1 of 10
I'm trying a silly new motivational tool

Like the rest of the internet, I have trouble getting various tasks done, so I decided to make a to-do list every day. Each list contains one item, and it's taped over the power button on my computer. The idea is that I can't internet until the task is done.

What sort of motivational tools do you guys use? Is it working out?

How ya doing, buddy?
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2014, 09:51 PM #2 of 10
I don't let myself play video games until I get all my work done.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:44 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2014, 11:44 PM 6 #3 of 10
...you turn your computer off?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2014, 04:06 AM #4 of 10
It's all about self-discipline and willpower, yo.

I keep a whiteboard in my room that I use to spread the shit I need done out over the course of the week (It's basically just a big weekly planner), then I just knock it out whenever I've got free time before moving on to games and shit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

#654: Braixen
coeccias
Her default movement speed is running isn't it?

Member 197

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:38 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2014, 09:38 PM #5 of 10
Most often whether or not I perform an action is not based on how much I do or do not want to perform the action but rather how the performance of the action and the desired outcome will lend itself to creating a better self or better life.

When I think along those lines and take into consideration multiple time scales, inaction is generally more detrimental than the difficulties I could face while performing the action.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2014, 06:23 PM #6 of 10
Most often whether or not I perform an action is not based on how much I do or do not want to perform the action but rather how the performance of the action and the desired outcome will lend itself to creating a better self or better life.

When I think along those lines and take into consideration multiple time scales, inaction is generally more detrimental than the difficulties I could face while performing the action.
How successful has this been for you? I'm pretty sure everybody agrees that procrastinating doesn't do shit for you, but it still happens; do you still find yourself dragging your ass along in order to make your life better, or is it sort of an automatic thing?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
coeccias
Her default movement speed is running isn't it?

Member 197

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2014, 09:54 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2014, 07:54 PM 1 #7 of 10
I think it has been successful as part of a strategy where I think in a manner that benefits my overall life. I choose to reinforce good habits. I make decisions that are not counterproductive to the goals I set for myself.

I don't drag my ass when it comes to making a better life. I don't always move at the pace that I would like, but I think that has more to do with my ability to make the changes that I believe are necessary to obtain a better life rather than my eagerness to move in an alternative direction.

FELIPE NO
heofian
Carob Nut

Member 40643

Level 4.22

Sep 2013

Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:09 PM #8 of 10
Lightbulb Daily logs work better for me.

I have tried schedules and to-do lists but have never had much success with them. I find that for schedules I tend to get overwhelmed, and if I miss one task on the list I tend to just blow the rest of the schedule off. The same happens with strict to-do lists to some extent as well.

The best method I've found is to make a list with all kinds of productive (and not so productive) tasks I could potentially do throughout the day then keep more of a log of what I actually do rather than try to adhere to a strict schedule or to-do list.

Multiple tasks with half hour increments I can check off
when I complete a task over the course of a week.

I tend not to get overwhelmed and feel trapped by this method and provides me motivation of what to work on more the next day. I actually print these off each week on 3x5 index cards and keep them close at hand for motivation.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
<< Have a translated libretto from one of your opera box sets? If so please share it here! >>
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2014, 06:33 AM Local time: Nov 1, 2014, 11:33 AM 1 #9 of 10
I recently started using the HabitRPG app. Only had it for a week or so and it's upped my productivity a bit.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
heofian
Carob Nut

Member 40643

Level 4.22

Sep 2013

Old Nov 1, 2014, 07:25 PM #10 of 10
I recently started using the HabitRPG app. Only had it for a week or so and it's upped my productivity a bit.
That is sort of neat; I like how your character can lose HP and die on you. I will have to check that app out.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
<< Have a translated libretto from one of your opera box sets? If so please share it here! >>

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > [:plant:] I'm trying a silly new motivational tool