Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] WDR broadcasts "PROMS That's Sound, that's Rhythm"

Hamu-Sumo

Member 1998

Level 23.00

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2008, 01:16 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2008, 08:16 PM 1 #1 of 9
WDR broadcasts "PROMS That's Sound, that's Rhythm" (/w Download Links!)

Hay guys, u guys, holy shit u guys ((C) Mastr Cheef )

Just a few minutes ago I read the news that the WDR (Westdeutscher Rundfunk; "Western German Broadcast") will be broadcasting the orchestral concert "PROMS: That's Sound, that's Rhythm" tomorrow (24th February) at 10:05 am CET (1:05 am PST; 4:05 am EST; 6:05 pm JST). Beside of pieces from ordinary Classical composers like Ralph Vaughan Williams and Morton Gould, it's also featuring pieces of VGM, e.g. Takenobu Mitsuyoshi's "Shenmue - Sedge Tree", a medley from Castlevania and Nobuo Uematsu's "The Man With The Machine Gun" in a ten-minute edition (yep, you're reading right: TEN minutes!). Total duration of the concert: one and a half hours.

I know that for some of you, especially in the US/Canada, it's on a late hour but maybe one of you is still up at this time. For the others I will try to record the concert but I'd be glad if somebody else will do it, too, because I have no practice and Vista had done some trouble in the past.

Okay, how can you listen to? First, click on this link. You should be at the paragraph "Musik hören im Netz (Listening radio at the net)", otherwise scroll to it. Now choose "WDR 4". On the next page, you'll be asked how you want to listen to the stream. You don't have to make a hick in the box below. It's only for saving the setting. Click "Starten" if you're ready and it's done. The stream should start.

The concert was originally performed last sunday (17th February 2008) at Cologne's Funkhaus.

I wish everyone happy listening!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Best Song Contest 2014 Winner
Musashi: Samurai Legend - Aeolic Guardian
composed by Masashi Hamauzu

Me @ last.fm | Ultimate Video Game Composers List | VGM Lounge (German)

Last edited by Hamu-Sumo; Feb 27, 2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Has title updated. Hell, nobody wants VGM performed by orchestra? :P
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2008, 05:11 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2008, 03:11 PM #2 of 9
Well, if I'm still awake at 2:00 am, I'll try and remember to give it a listen.

Is there a website with any kind of information about the concert?

How ya doing, buddy?
Hamu-Sumo

Member 1998

Level 23.00

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2008, 05:26 PM Local time: Feb 24, 2008, 12:26 AM #3 of 9
As far as I know there's no site and a quick search on Google brought no detailed information in English. (But there's no information flood in German as well, only news on different websites)

Most amazing jew boots

Cyrus
Has Confidence in His Domination

Member 3319

Level 20.56

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 04:27 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2008, 11:27 AM #4 of 9
Thanks Hamu - as I´m reading this right now I missed approximatly 25 minutes of the show and I hope the Castlevania Medley is still to come. Nevertheless I´m recording the remaining hour with my DVB-S reciever.

How ya doing, buddy?
Hamu-Sumo

Member 1998

Level 23.00

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 06:08 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2008, 01:08 PM #5 of 9
Okay, I have the whole concert on my disk. I'm going to cut a bit and upload it.

How ya doing, buddy?

LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 06:23 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2008, 07:23 PM #6 of 9
please upload sedge tree of shenmue, <3 that song, so tranquil and sad.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dallista
Still around, lurking in the shadows...

Member 1491

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 07:05 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2008, 02:05 PM #7 of 9
I cannot believe I missed this! Hoping for a link...

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Dallista; Feb 24, 2008 at 07:10 AM.
Hamu-Sumo

Member 1998

Level 23.00

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 08:33 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2008, 03:33 PM 1 #8 of 9
Smile Download Links

I'd started uploading. I'll edit this posting after a upload is finished. // Finish! Enjoy the music!

* Grand Monster Slam Theme (Opening Fanfare) (originally composed by Chris Hülsbeck)
* Sedge Tree (Shenmue) (originally composed by Takenobu Mitsuyoshi)
* Blood-soaked Darkness (Castlevania) (originally composed by Jun Irie and Michiru Yamane)

I decided to make two versions of "The Man With The Machine Gun". One with the percussion intro and one without. The percussion seems to be kind of bonus but in my ears it doesn't refer to Final Fantasy (say something if I'm wrong). With it the track reach the announced ten minutes, without it's nearly five minutes long. It's up to you which version you prefer.

* The Man With The Machine Gun (Final Fantasy VIII) (originally composed by Nobuo Uematsu)
* The Man With The Machine Gun (Final Fantasy VIII) (with Percussion Intro)

Bonus: For everyone who is interested to the concert at a whole, I'd uploaded it for you but attend please, that all VGM-related stuff is linked above. Otherwise if you like Classical in general, feel free to download it. There's no cut so you have all songs, all applause and all speech within. The speech is in German but you can move forward or test how much you understand. However, enjoy!
-> PROMS That's Sound, that's Rhythm Complete Concert Record

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Hamu-Sumo; Feb 24, 2008 at 10:23 AM.
Wark!

Member 36405

Level 2.74

Sep 2010

Old Oct 29, 2013, 05:39 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2013, 02:39 PM #9 of 9
Does anyone still have this? I missed it and want it more badly than any other music in the world. Post it or PM me please. You will have my highesr gratitude ever.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [Attention] WDR broadcasts "PROMS That's Sound, that's Rhythm"