Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Heroes
Closed Thread

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2006, 08:58 AM Local time: Sep 26, 2006, 06:58 AM #26 of 826
I just finished watching the show on my way to work this morning, and I must say that it was pleasantly awesome. I had never heard of Heroes until I stumbled upon this thread last night after watching Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (also fucking brilliant). There's not much plot yet (other than what the hell is that coming out of the ocean), but that's expected. Everything is still being set up by these character introductions and slowly connecting stories and such.

The only thing I didn't like was the presentation/discovery of the powers. It seemed a bit sudden and/or random at times. Maybe I just didn't like that you have to assume that coming into this pilot, the characters were already familiar that something's different/wrong/weird about them. I liked the powers discovery better in a show like The 4400, which I just finished catching up to last week (also awesome).

But yeah, Heroes will definitely be a watch this season, and soon all my nights will be owned by television. Can't fucking wait.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
MTGNecro
A family man: Be one.

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:11 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2006, 09:11 PM #27 of 826
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
After that, I'd go with Hiro, because I suspect epic things will come from hs powers.
Originally Posted by Hiro
I broke the space-time continuum!
I couldn't stop laughing at him after that, although I gotta agree that he is going to prolly be the most interesting of the heros. His power is not so shallow as invincibility, or flying, or such.

Anyone have any ideas on what the big threat is going to be to New York city? It looked like it was going to be a nuke...but ya...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I forgot my old sig...
Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 08:42 PM #28 of 826
I've updated the Current Heroes Roster with all known Heroes at this point. Or, more rightly, all characters that are known to have powers, as well as Suresh the Geneticist, who will almost inevitably become a Hero/Ally to the empowered Heroes.

If I've missed anybody, let me know so I can fix the post. Those are all that I can remember being in the episode after looking through the cast list on IMDb.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Admiral Amara; Sep 27, 2006 at 08:54 PM.
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:18 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 10:18 PM #29 of 826
Will there be an encore of the Pilot episode? I CAN'T believe I missed this one! This is definitely the only brand-new show I was really looking forward to this season. (I'll pretend I wasn't waiting for Jericho. )

I was speaking idiomatically.
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:23 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 11:23 PM #30 of 826
Originally Posted by MTGNecro
Anyone have any ideas on what the big threat is going to be to New York city? It looked like it was going to be a nuke...but ya...
I think that's what they have planned. If you watch the screener version of the pilot, they cut out a small part of a scene when the popular girl is standing with the nerdy guy, and a firetruck passes by, as well as a truck going in the opposite direction, and a sheet is blowing around what looks like a nuke.

Most amazing jew boots
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:34 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 09:34 PM #31 of 826
Originally Posted by speculative
Will there be an encore of the Pilot episode? I CAN'T believe I missed this one! This is definitely the only brand-new show I was really looking forward to this season. (I'll pretend I wasn't waiting for Jericho. )
They already showed an encore on Tuesday, you'll have to download it.

FELIPE NO
and Brandy does her best to understand
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:40 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 10:40 PM #32 of 826
Well, if you have the Sci-Fi Channel, you can catch the pilot again this Friday at 7/6c, but other than that, yeah, you'll have to download it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:48 PM #33 of 826
Oh cool, I didn't know SciFi would be airing an encore of the pilot as well. Will they be showing the whole series like that? I ALWAYS forget to watch TV shows on time, so it'd be nice to have two chances each week.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:52 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 10:52 PM #34 of 826
Yeah, they have it scheduled each week, so you're always gonna have two chances to watch it. They're doing the same thing with Studio 60 on Bravo (though I forget the day and time on that one) as well. I guess it helps when one company owns all those channels!

JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:13 AM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 10:13 PM #35 of 826
Are they gonna have encores every Tuesday? I usually work Monday night, so I'd like to know.

Most amazing jew boots
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 04:51 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 03:51 AM #36 of 826
So, can we talk about aired episodes without using spoilers? I'll just go ahead and do it.

Nice concept and interesting characters. At first I was kinda put off that the dreams of flying were only camera moves. At the end they did show flight, but it wasn't the greatest use of wireworks and composition. What's up with the brother coming from the side when he was right under him? I thought it was another dude (I was thinking of the bird guy in Survive Style 5+.)

Somehow I feel that Cheerleader girl and her dad will eventually rip the same relationship between Angel and his dad in X-Men3.

It's going to take me a while to remember people's names..

Spoiler:

IMDB has some studio pics of the cast. There's 2 people in there I haven't seen in the first ep. A white policeman and a token black guy.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 03:39 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 02:39 PM #37 of 826
Originally Posted by JasonTerminator
Are they gonna have encores every Tuesday? I usually work Monday night, so I'd like to know.
I don't think so. It came on the same time slot where Friday Night Lights is scheduled to come on starting next week, so they probably only did it because they had nothing else to show for this week at that time.

I was speaking idiomatically.
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 04:52 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 03:52 PM #38 of 826
Originally Posted by striped phantom
Spoiler:

IMDB has some studio pics of the cast. There's 2 people in there I haven't seen in the first ep. A white policeman and a token black guy.
They weren't in the first episode. They're going to pop up in the second episode (since the filmed pilot was originally two hours but split into two episodes for pilot and airing purposes).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 08:52 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 07:52 PM #39 of 826
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Well, if you have the Sci-Fi Channel, you can catch the pilot again this Friday at 7/6c, but other than that, yeah, you'll have to download it.
Ah! Thanks a ton - I just got cable last weekend actually, so I can indeed catch this show. I can't see anything but snow in the winter with my rabbit ears and there's just too many good shows on now for me to miss them...

FELIPE NO
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:55 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 07:55 PM #40 of 826
Originally Posted by soulsteelgray
They weren't in the first episode. They're going to pop up in the second episode (since the filmed pilot was originally two hours but split into two episodes for pilot and airing purposes).
Some of them weren't even in the original 2 hour pilot. The cop that has been referred to on the commercial a few times wasn't on that pilot. For some reason, they cut down that original 2 hour screener that was leaked in July.

and Brandy does her best to understand
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:37 PM #41 of 826
I missed this but it sounds interesting.
Is it recommendable, is it something like smallsville or nothing like it but in a good way o_0

Jam it back in, in the dark.

New Record!
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:45 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 09:45 PM #42 of 826
Originally Posted by BlueMikey
Some of them weren't even in the original 2 hour pilot. The cop that has been referred to on the commercial a few times wasn't on that pilot. For some reason, they cut down that original 2 hour screener that was leaked in July.
I remembered reading somewhere that he was cut out of the two hour pilot, but since I couldn't remember exactly where I had read it, I found this random interview.

Quote:
Robin: I saw the pilot episode at Comic-Con and it absolutely blew me away. I need more!

Tim: Oh, you saw the seventy-minute version we showed? That was fun. It was a pretty wild event.

How long have you had the idea for Heroes?

I first came up with the idea about a year ago, in its nascent stages. I noodled the idea around while I was doing my day job, Crossing Jordan. Finally I got around to writing the pilot in October and November. I turned it in and went from there. I turned in a one hour script, and then it became a two-hour premier. But now we're back to one hour again for the premier.

So the seventy minute version shown at Comic-Con...?

There's fifteen minutes that was shot for the two-hour version that we showed there, that nobody will ever see again. The pilot that airs on tv will be one hour. Though some of the footage from the two-hour version has been worked into the second episode.

Can you tell us anything about that footage and why it was removed?

It's all of the introduction to Greg Grunberg's character. He was going to be introduced in the pilot, but we've since reworked a lot of his character's story -- through no fault of Greg's. The writers and the network simply decided to go in a little bit of a different direction with that character.

Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:02 PM #43 of 826
Oh my GOD.

Hiro:
So, wait a minute. Hiro was five weeks ahead of everybody else's timeline? That explains certain things, such as the clock on the bus. I thought they just didn't care about that or had some other way to explain it - I really hadn't realised that he'd traveled into the future. It makes much more sense that way though. The fact that it was the future also explains why the painter would've killed himself. So now we have a deadline for the apparent nuke going off...

Claire:
Ewwww. Her head got turned all the way around. She should've projectile vomitted right then and there. But her surrogate father... I knew he at least suspected, but I was stupid enough not to figure that he had the tape already.

Petrellis:
I knew it. I knew it was the both of them. I just didn't know the specifics. I'm not totally as into that bit of plot development with the suicidal father and such as I am the other ones.

Niki:
Dissociative Fugue? What is her superpower, being fucked up in the head? And how/why was the tape erased, and did her other personality do all of that in just four hours?

Suresh; Isaac:
In Hiro's future, Isaac had painted the symbol that appeared in Prof. Suresh's genome code. I want to know MORE.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Admiral Amara; Oct 2, 2006 at 09:11 PM.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:13 PM #44 of 826
Spoiler:
No, I don't think Isaac truly killed himself. If you noticed, his skull was cut clean off and appeared to be hollowed out. This mimicks the crime from Los Angeles, where the man was blast frozen and his brain was removed.

In Suresh's apartment, there was a message on the answering machine, including a brief discussion with a man named "Cyrus". Cyrus was Study #0, according to Suresh's son, and that the elder Suresh helped Cyrus become what he is.

Cyrus was linked to the murders in Los Angeles, mostly by having the same pattern as a set of older murders. Officer Parkman subconsciously picked up on the name from his chief officer.

As for the gun found in Isaac's apartment, I'd wager that it's something of a red herring. Perhaps Isaac attempted to use it in his own defense but never got the chance.

But it seems that Hiro can visit the future and see things, albeit in a different sense that Isaac does.

It's possible that Claire Bennett's father is this "Cyrus" character. He's already been sighted in NYC once, presumably to kill Suresh. (There was the message before the murder, after all.) Suresh was most likely seeking a way to stop Cyrus.
Therefore, Cyrus's ability, which he evidently has, probably revolves around "conspicuous consumption", which is the arcane belief that eating the vital organs of one's victim will grant you their strengths. Cyrus may be able to manifest the knowledges and talents of those whose brains he eats. If that's not it, then it's likely something along those lines.

Last edited by Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon; Oct 2, 2006 at 09:19 PM.
Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:20 PM #45 of 826
Oh, right, I updated the list of heroes to include Matt Parkman.
Spoiler:
Point taken, Crash. They did make sure that we knew that the dude in LA had his brain removed - I wish I'd made that connection. I also somehow missed the name connection - it was dropped from my memory during the commercial break. I'm thinking Cyrus was the first to find out about his powers and, since the commercial man says that the Heroes' powers are "growing", I'm gonna assume that Cyrus is the most powerful.

On another note, I'm surprised at the level of gore allowed to be seen on this show. Those two dudes that we are lead to believe Niki killed, Cyrus' victims - possibly including Isaac - all are pretty graphic. Seeing Isaac's open head was a "holy shit" moment for me. This show seems to be full of them, but for a variety of reasons.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Admiral Amara; Oct 2, 2006 at 09:23 PM.
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:35 PM #46 of 826
I'm still really puzzled over Niki Sanders. Saying that her reflection is a seperate entity might be missing the forest for the trees. It'd be like saying that Wolverine's ability is heightened endurance, which isn't false, but it's only one aspect of a larger ability.

Obviously, her reflection is independent, but there must be something more to it. That's not so much a "superpower" as it is a "paranormal phenomenon".

To be honest, Niki's ability seems to be some uncontrolled form of reality manipulation, where unexplainable coincidences are the manifest of her subconscious desires.

I think she may somehow become tied to Matthew Parkman before going to NYC, mostly due to proximity.

I also wonder if she's somehow connected to Mohinder, as her son, Mika, shares a lot of the same physical traits and also a keen intelligence. Perhaps Mohinder is the father that Niki would rather not see?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:54 PM #47 of 826
Crash - fixed it. You (and other applicable moderators) should feel free to edit that list as you see fit.

How ya doing, buddy?
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:10 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 09:10 PM #48 of 826
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
Perhaps Mohinder is the father that Niki would rather not see?
Actually...

Spoiler:
I noticed that she said "D.L." to that lady friend of hers. D.L. just happens to be the prison inmate character whose power is phasing.

Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:33 PM #49 of 826
Originally Posted by soulsteelgray
Actually...

Spoiler:
I noticed that she said "D.L." to that lady friend of hers. D.L. just happens to be the prison inmate character whose power is phasing.

I see. I don't doubt you, but where did you come by this information? D.L. wasn't listed on the official site, last I knew.

How ya doing, buddy?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:38 PM #50 of 826
Stupid Washington Post review spoiled the whole Hiro bit in their review before the pilot even aired. It would have been nice to see that without such a massive spoiler.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Heroes