Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2011, 06:10 PM Local time: Feb 13, 2011, 06:10 PM #1 of 352
No major spoilers below:

-I liked No Country for Old Men, but I didn't feel like it deserved Best Picture at the Oscars. Then again I didn't see any of the other movies it was up against.

-I saw Eastern Promises a few months ago and it was quite good. Viggo was phenomenal. Twist was great and that bathroom scene was so memorable. It will be etched in my mind forever.

-I also just watched Old Boy which was good. The language barrier caused me to really get confused at the end though. I missed out on so many details. Frankly, I had to read a message board to find out what happened, which probably made me like the movie a little less. Definitely worth watching though. Similar to to Eastern Promises, the fight sequence in that hallway was unbelievable. The way the scene was shot, the music, and for the most part, being realistic made it stand out for me (not including the elevator scene of course =p). The Octopus scene was .

-And speaking of The Omen the first two were good. Remake, 3 and 4 not so much. If you want a present day movie in a similar vein without the devil related stuff, go see Orphan. I was blown away by this movie.

- Watched The Time Machine today mainly due to the fact that I knew the soundtrack was amazing. And it is. First half of the movie was great, second half was mediocre. If the movie had maintained the quality of the first half it would have been a classic. However, that was not the case. Apparently it is a remake of the 1960s movie that I never seen. Guy Pearce did well in it. He is an actor that never seems to get a lot of credit, but he always performs well. The environment special effects as the main character travels through time were well done I thought. The movie left me with that feeling of just how insignifcant a single human being is in relation to geologic time. It got me thinking, but it also left me thinking about those bad underground humans. Too much focus on them.

I also saw almost all of this year's award nominated movies. The only ones that should win anything are The King's Speech, Inception, Black Swan or the Town.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Grundlefield Earth; Feb 13, 2011 at 06:16 PM.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2011, 08:18 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2011, 08:18 PM #2 of 352
Oh you.

I stand by what I said: it was a cop-out to me. The ending where he breaks the fourth wall felt like a lazy and anticlimactic end to what was otherwise a very involved and supposedly deep movie, but hey-- OPINIONS. *Shrug*

--------

So, I saw The Lion King recently in theaters in 3D (I was on a date), and I have to say it was great seeing the familiar characters again after so long. I half-way thought about downloading Lion King 1/2, but eh... maybe later.

In Television, I finished up with the last episodes of Doctor Who so now I have a long wait until next year when Series 7 is supposed to begin. I wont even pretend that the last episode made complete sense, but with a show like this where the main character is a walking Deus Ex Machina, I've come to accept it as Soap Opera for nerds and I will watch it forever. Fuck what anyone else thinks.

Tangentially related: While awaiting the final two or three episodes of Dr. Who to be released, I became friends with this very nerdy girl, who in addition to being a huge fan of that show, has offered to show me to the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica, which I never bothered to watch back in the day (Hype Aversion I suppose you could say was the main reason), so hopefully that will be enjoyable

Also, Finally, I just downloaded In The Loop and The Thick of It (I have a soft spot for Yes, Minister so after hearing that this show/movie were both spiritual successors, I was eager to check them out-- Bernard Black's avatar/sig combo was also to blame ) so I'll be watching them soon.
Battlestar Galactica is the best sci-fi show ever so you won't be disappointed. Just make sure to watch them in the right order sicne it can be confusing. Their is first a mini-series you need to watch, then the season 1, some tv movies in between, more seasons, more tv movies, more seasons.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2011, 01:00 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2011, 01:00 AM #3 of 352
And I just took a dump on my monitor. oops.

YouTube Video
Error; are you sure that's a YouTube link?

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?