Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Air Gear: THE GRINDING

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 05:16 PM #51 of 326
Damn that Buccha. For him to pull off a stunt like holding his stomach in was an interesting idea. never seen that anywhere lol. Im pretty sure ikku will rely on the metal part thats over Buccha.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 06:33 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 09:33 AM #52 of 326
I wouldn't mind seeing some more of Spitfire. I've only read the first couple of chapters of the manga, since I don't want to spoil the anime, but I'm hoping they'll be able to fit everything into the anime because I'm interested now in just how far he goes.

Also, I noticed that Spitfire's voicing is done by the same person who does Inui from PoT. At least I think it is, I don't understand a word he's saying but the tone is very similar.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DarkPhoenix
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 6211

Level 1.10

May 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 11:18 AM Local time: May 4, 2006, 04:18 PM #53 of 326
If you're looking for the manga then might I suggest www.stoptazmo.com they have all the chapters to date. It's a forum d/l place so you'll have to sign up though I would recommend staying out of the forums they can be a bit shitty in some of them.

I was speaking idiomatically.
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 06:04 PM Local time: May 5, 2006, 09:04 AM #54 of 326
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix
If you're looking for the manga then might I suggest www.stoptazmo.com they have all the chapters to date. It's a forum d/l place so you'll have to sign up though I would recommend staying out of the forums they can be a bit shitty in some of them.
I'm actually trying to avoid reading it at the moment, I'll wait until the anime finishes and then have a read of the manga. But yeah, I'm thinking he's going to either hop over the tunnel onto the grill, or depending on whether Bucha is too tall wallride over him.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
DarkPhoenix
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 6211

Level 1.10

May 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 08:12 PM Local time: May 5, 2006, 01:12 AM #55 of 326
In all fairness the amount of changes they've made to the story so far, I'm not sure if they'd even follow the way he gets around it in the manga. Don't get me wrong though, enjoying both immensely. It's kinda like Jet Set Radio the anime lol.

FELIPE NO
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 08:31 PM Local time: May 5, 2006, 11:31 AM #56 of 326
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix
In all fairness the amount of changes they've made to the story so far, I'm not sure if they'd even follow the way he gets around it in the manga. Don't get me wrong though, enjoying both immensely. It's kinda like Jet Set Radio the anime lol.
Any idea when to expect the girl in the straight jacket to show up? She showed up briefly but so far we still haven't seen her since.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
espressivo
Chocobo

Member 1378

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 08:55 PM #57 of 326
Originally Posted by HazelGuy
Any idea when to expect the girl in the straight jacket to show up? She showed up briefly but so far we still haven't seen her since.
straight jacket? Does that person happen to have an eye patch? If so then it's not a girl...

I think I should start watching the anime.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by espressivo; May 4, 2006 at 08:57 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 09:03 PM #58 of 326
That character with the orange jacket, right? The voice actor sounded like a girl...

How ya doing, buddy?
DarkPhoenix

Member 6211

Level 1.10

May 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 12:44 AM Local time: May 5, 2006, 05:44 AM #59 of 326
Yeah it's a guy, should be sometime soon if I remember correctly, don't hold me to that though.

B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 07:23 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 01:23 AM #60 of 326
OK guys time to wake up =D We have fresh and still warm episode 05 on board!! Just watched it and I have to say that fans of Simca will see every peace of her beautiful body =D Damn this Ikki is lucky guy!! I can't say how Ikki will will the part war but he will do it (wow that's surprise...). We know a lot more about 8 Kings Road and way that Ikki have to pass to get to the top.

Here's the link, grab it!!
[Kyuu] Air Gear - 05[B1886A76]

P.S
Ikki will get his official emblem =) But I think that will be in episode 06.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 09:49 PM #61 of 326
Thats crazy. I guess Simca knew all along that Ringo was the successor. This episode was good. lots of Simca-fanfare for everyone. She may be a whole lot to everyone but I still believe Ringo to be one of my fav female characters. The rest of "sleeping forest" should just die. (Dont spoil anything AG manga-people ^^; )

Ikki is a wimp though. How could he fall asleep on pussy? bleh =/.

I do hope he joins up with Simca. I sorta want the story to be a little different compared to other kinds where they have the main character join the right side.

Last edited by chato; May 6, 2006 at 10:35 PM.
A-trek01

Member 6350

Level 1.00

May 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 12:38 AM #62 of 326
Im a fan now of both the anime and the manga but I also realize that the anime is not always gonna be tru to the manga so look at it this way the manga gives you the idea but the anime gives u the visuals...close to so here yall go. They got 1-5 in .avi format
Http://www.fansub.tv/
just in case B4 don't get a chance to upload the newones

Happy treking

PS - TenTen's anime don't suck

Last edited by A-trek01; May 7, 2006 at 01:53 AM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 05:26 AM #63 of 326
Originally Posted by A-trek01
Im a fan now of both the anime and the manga but I also realize that the anime is not always gonna be tru to the manga so look at it this way the manga gives you the idea but the anime gives u the visuals...close to so here yall go. They got 1-5 in .avi format
Http://www.fansub.tv/
just in case B4 don't get a chance to upload the newones

Happy treking

PS - TenTen's anime don't suck
Agreed. and thanks for the link, trek. Im sort of getting annoyed with TenTen a little cause they aren't really doing shit for it. If they are then thats kool but come on.. its been over a year.

FELIPE NO
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 06:18 AM #64 of 326

Best episode yet? Probably not but that was a classic moment and I felt compelled to share it all over again with everyone here!

Last edited by Forsety; May 7, 2006 at 06:39 AM.
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 09:00 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 03:00 PM #65 of 326
Here we have some more screen caps =D More Simca-chan actions in it =)

I hope DVD version will not be censured =P

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 09:39 AM #66 of 326
I'll get the dvd in a minute >.<. But yeah. thats what im talking about . Ikki's a wuss for falling asleep to that. lol. One of her face expressions relates to Natsume Maya. I dont see that one though.. Ringo's just mad cause Sim has bigger tittesss

Good thing i caught this episode last night. This and School Rumble .

With 5 episodes ( IMHO) going very good? Im sure it wont fall like some other animes. I believe there was a new song in episode 5 .. I guess we should call it Spitfire's theme? ^^;

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Thanatos
What?!

Member 1546

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 02:35 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 03:35 PM #67 of 326
Air Trek's anime fail to show the uniqueness(art style and coolness-wise) seen in it's manga, as of the few episodes that is available now. Perhaps later it'll pick up, and I do hope it picks up.

Spoiler:

Can't wait for them to animate the Behemoth fight...

Most amazing jew boots
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 03:49 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 09:49 AM #68 of 326
From the first post here it was rather fight Manga Vs Anime then discussion =D I saw only Anime and for now I don't have time to look for Manga. Air Gear is right after Ergo Proxy and before The Third in my top 3 Anime series this season. Kyuu is doing great job with translation. Yoroshiku want to release first 2 episodes to.

How ya doing, buddy?
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 07:59 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 10:59 PM #69 of 326
Originally Posted by ashlayeth
hi, i just read finish Air Gear vol 5. i m waiting for no 6 as i cant download it using torrent. you mean that the manga was drawn by the same person who drew black cat???? btw, simca acts like a bimbo.
I'm not so sure she's a bimbo as much as she plays a bimbo. She definately has underlying reasons for hanging around naked all the time, but I don't know how sincere she is about it, particularly after seeing how the groups treat her.

LocalAreaLeech

Member 6525

Level 1.00

May 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 08:26 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 05:26 AM #70 of 326
Originally Posted by chato
That character with the orange jacket, right? The voice actor sounded like a girl...
The characters.

If you notice in the opening, they are twins. One has the 'patch on the left eye, the other the right eye. Pretty sure they are guys from what I read about the anime.

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:20 AM #71 of 326
Originally Posted by HazelGuy
I'm not so sure she's a bimbo as much as she plays a bimbo. She definately has underlying reasons for hanging around naked all the time, but I don't know how sincere she is about it, particularly after seeing how the groups treat her.

I thought she looked fine to me. Oh! Great didn't really exaggerate much with Air Gear as they did with Tenjou Tenge. Unless I'm missing something from the manga.

FELIPE NO
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 07:24 PM #72 of 326
Originally Posted by LocalAreaLeech
The characters.

If you notice in the opening, they are twins. One has the 'patch on the left eye, the other the right eye. Pretty sure they are guys from what I read about the anime.

You sure? I thought that it was one guy with 2 personalities. When ever the left is covered I think he becoems evil and right is good. Something like that.

HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:13 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 09:13 AM #73 of 326
Originally Posted by chato
I thought she looked fine to me. Oh! Great didn't really exaggerate much with Air Gear as they did with Tenjou Tenge. Unless I'm missing something from the manga.
No, I don't mean it like that, I mean she's not just there to help him for his own good, she has reasons for it, (as was mentioned by I think Mikan that she was all over the different road kings) either because she's using him or because she wants to get all of the kings back together.

Most amazing jew boots
miyagiCE
Traveller of the Oceans

Member 6611

Level 3.83

May 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:15 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 12:15 AM #74 of 326
What Taegueki says is correct. This might be a bit of a spoiler,
Spoiler:
but yes the person in the orange jacket is a guy with homoerotic tendecies. His name is Agito/Akito depending on which eye he wears the patch. With the position of the patch he undergoes a personality change as well.

As for my opinion on the anime, I have to disagree with the majority in here. That what is claimed to be an exceptional anime with lots of potential is an utterly ridiculous rip off of the original story and art. I don't intend to insult anyone who thinks different, but to call THIS top notch and "definitely one of the best of the season" one really has to be blind. I mean, where is that oh-so-good artwork? I don't see it.

What I see is just another CG show that has static backgrounds, stiff characters and re-appearing cells. You might want to add characters turning into lightnings due to skip budget-expensive action scene drawing to that.

Don't worry, we are not done with the artwork complaints, this was just the animation part, the colours and character design are still waiting.
Well, for the colours: Ikki's hair is not blue. Ringo is not a redhead. Spit Fire is not a REDhead either. I can't comprehend why on earth they would change the official colour design. I don't care though, not like this wasn't obvious after what they did with Tenjou Tenge.
Next is the character design and I won't tell you much about it. Just take a look at the bath scene in Episode 5. I didn't know Son Goku was an AG character.

One thing though, really, none of you can complain about the so-called "cersorship". What did you expect? Were you really thinking they would be running around naked? On a TV show!? The crows are much more meant to be amusing than annoying. Also, if you compare the original to the anime - oh shock - you can't see any nipples or vaginas. This is a shounen ecchi manga, not a hentai. Get that into your heads.

On to the voices. Ikki sure has the voice of a thirteen year old, but neither the age nor the sound match his looks anywhere close. Ringo and the others sound fine, nothing special here.

Next major point: The story. You cannot mix randomly chosen parts of four volumes of a comic into ONE episode of an animation. You just can't.

There are only two good points about this anime:
1. Onigiri looks even more ugly than in the manga. That is good.
2. The music is awesome - breathtaking. (Well, breathtaking despite being an ecchi title.)

All in all, Air Gear was majestically ruined for the reasons I mentioned. It is not worth watching and certainly not the best thing around. Just put in two more bucks and the result would have been much more something like the real big shots of the season. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi would be an example animationwise, even though I am not a fan of that series. If you still look for a legitimate reason for watching it, do it for the music; it is well-composed and chosen, and just fits the theme perfectly.

And no Forsety, I don't think I'm being anal.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by miyagiCE; May 13, 2006 at 03:19 AM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:58 PM #75 of 326
You have very good points. Can't argue with that.

This is definately why I kind of distance myself from the manga. I like to see movements and i like to see action in...action @.@.

You are right with some certain coloring though. Ringo looks different in every episode ^^;. Reading your thoughts about it just made me decide to not read the manga at all.

Air Gear Anime all the way ^^.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Air Gear: THE GRINDING