Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™
Closed Thread

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2007, 11:55 PM #51 of 201
Anal Cunt - I Like It When You Die
Label: Earache
Release: 1997
Genre: Grindcore

AMG describes this band the best:
Quote:
One of the most offensive and musically challenging bands to ever produce music, A.C. are one of the most infamous bands in the heavy metal underworld. Most famous for their name (the A.C. stands for Anal Cunt, believed to be taken from a G.G. Allin song), the band writes short grindcore songs that contain some of the nastiest song titles in music. "The Word Homophobic Is Gay" and "I Like Drugs and Child Abuse" are two of the tamer examples of what the band is capable of. Their mystique is that they never let their audience in on whether it is a joke or not, many believe it is an elaborate gag being played on homophobic metal fans, while others think the band really believes what they say. Seeing as members of the band reportedly have very normal family lives outside of the band, the former is probably more true than the latter. The group began in 1988 as a sonic experiment. Vocalist Seth Putnam, guitarist Mike Mahan and drummer Tim Morse began with the idea of being the "most non-musical band in the world."

1. JACK KEVORKIAN IS COOL
2. VALUJET
3. YOU'VE GOT NO FRIENDS
4. YOU KEEP A DIARY
5. YOU OWN A STORE
6. YOU GOT DATE RAPED
7. RECYCLING IS GAY
8. YOU'RE A COP
9. YOU CAN'T SHUT UP
10. YOU'VE GOT CANCER
11. WE JUST DISAGREE
12. HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPOS
13. YOU ARE AN ITERIOR DECORATOR
14. POTTERY'S GAY
15. RICH GOYETTE IS GAY
16. BRANSCOMBE RICHMOND
17. YOU LIVE IN ALLSTON
18. YOU ARE A FOOD CRITIC
19. JUST THE TWO OF US (DUET WITH HILLARY LOGEE)
20. YOUR BAND'S IN THE CUT-OUT BIN
21. YOU'RE GAY
22. YOU LOOK ADOPTED
23. YOUR COUSIN IS GEORGE LYNCH
24. YOU HAVE GOALS
25. YOU DRIVE AN IROC
26. YOU PLAY ON A SOFTBALL TEAM
27. BECAUSE YOU'RE OLD
28. YOU SELL COLOGNE
29. BEING A COBBLER IS DUMB
30. YOU LIVE IN A HOUSEBOAT
31. RICHARD BUTLER
32. 311 SUCKS
33. YOUR KID IS DEFORMED
34. YOU ARE AN ORPHAN
35. YOU'RE OLD (FUCK YOU)
36. YOU GO TO ART SCHOOL
37. YOUR BEST FRIEND IS YOU
38. YOU'RE IN A COMA
39. WINDCHIMES ARE GAY
40. NO, WE DON'T WANT TO DO A SPLIT SEVEN INCH WITH YOUR STUPID FUCKING BAND
41. RENÉ AUBERJONOIS
42. THE INTERNET IS GAY
43. HA HA, YOUR WIFE LEFT YOU
44. HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH
45. YOU WENT TO SE DISHWALLA AND EVERCLEAR (YOU'RE GAY)
46. LOCKING DROP DEAD IN McDONALDS
47. TECHNOLOGY'S GAY
48. YOUR FAVORITE BAND IS SUPERTRAMP
49. I'M IN A.C.
50. YOU (FILL IN THE BLANK)
51. KYLE FROM INCANTATION HAS GOT A MUSTACHE
52. BONUS TRACK #3

This is one of the funniest albums I've ever heard in my life. It borders on brilliance in it's own twisted, self-parodic way that really has to be heard to be believed. I recommend looking up the lyrics, because they are just as fucked up as the song list. Here's a review from AMG that sums it up nicely-

Originally Posted by AMG
Break out the tissues, because America's going to cry. Or laugh really hard, if you happen to be in on the inanely offensive joke that A.C. has ridden to perverse perfection. A.C. -- whose sound might best be described as metal's response to dysentery -- stretched shock value to its most absurd limits on such albums as Morbid Florist and 40 More Reasons to Hate Us. I Like It When You Die (1997) follows in an all too similar vein. As with all things A.C., the humor's in the context, the proportions, and, of course, the song titles. I Like It When You Die weighs in at an epic 52 songs, but few exceed 60 seconds in length. Each song sputters forth with blast beats, gravel-crunch guitars, indecipherable, cat-in-a-blender vocals, and abrupt endings. Call it musical premature ejaculation, call it total swill, but above all else, A.C. is only trying to be funny. So laugh if you want. Die delivers its punch lines with dimwitted condescension, and reading the album's track list is like watching The Onion, grindcore parody, and Beavis and Butthead all meet each other halfway. The album boasts song titles like "Your Band's in the Cut-Out Bin," "You Drive an Iroc," "Your Best Friend Is You," "You Can't Shut Up," and "You (fill in the blank)." Seemingly neutral subjects prove to be metal-worthy as well: "You Have Goals," "Your Cousin Is George Lynch," "Kyle from Incantation Has a Mustache." Die can be funny, sure, but it's also a certifiable waste of money. Save yourself a trip to the record store and light a 20-dollar bill on fire instead. Metalheads, skaters, crust punks, if you know A.C., you know the drill: Skip the music, read the back of the CD, laugh at the funny song titles. I Like It When You Die is an abomination on every level, but A.C. wouldn't have it any other way. And hey, can you really hate a band that writes amphetamine-paced metal songs named "Being a Cobbler Is Dumb," "Hungry Hungry Hippos," and "You Are a Food Critic"? That's right -- didn't think so.
Hurt your ears here

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SeanParnika
River Chocobo

Member 762

Level 23.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2007, 01:02 AM #52 of 201
Artist: Ron Goodwin, William Walton
CD Title: Battle of Britain [SOUNDTRACK]
Publisher: Varese Sarabande
Release: June 8, 2004
No. of Tracks: 28
Bitrate: VBR

File Name: Battle Of Britain ost.rar
File Size: 86 MB
Download Link: Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

INFORMATION - From Amazon.com
Amazon.com: Battle of Britain: Music: Ron Goodwin,William Walton

===============================================
Artist: Brian Simpson
CD Title: Brian Simpson It's All Good, BRIAN SIMPSON: Postcard From LA, Brian Simpson Above the Clouds
Publisher: Rendezvous
Release:
No. of Tracks:
Bitrate: 192

File Name: Brian Simpson.rar
Description: 3 albums here
File Size: 152 MB
Download Link: Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

INFORMATION - From Amazon.com
Amazon.com: Above the Clouds: Music: Brian Simpson
Amazon.com: It's All Good: Music: Brian Simpson
CD Baby: BRIAN SIMPSON: Postcard From LA

===========================================
Artist: Claude Desjardins and Eric Robertson
CD Title: Canada: A People's History [SOUNDTRACK]
Publisher: CBC
Release: June 8, 2004
No. of Tracks: 12
Bitrate: VBR

File Name: Canada_ A People's History.rar
File Size: 105 MB

INFORMATION - From CBC.ca
Canada: A People's History: Merchandise
===================================

Artist: Rick Braun
CD Title: Rick Braun , Richard Elliot RnR: Sessions, Volume 1 by Rick Braun : Yours Truly by Rick Braun
Publisher: Artizen
Release:
No. of Tracks:
Bitrate: 192cbr

File Name: Rick Braun.rar
Description: 3 albums here
File Size: 237 MB

INFORMATION - From amazon.com
Amazon.com: Yours Truly: Music: Rick Braun
Amazon.com: Sessions, Volume 1: Music: Rick Braun
Amazon.com: RnR: Music: Rick Braun,Richard Elliot

Most amazing jew boots
Minoko
夢唄

Member 1108

Level 18.07

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:51 AM Local time: Nov 13, 2007, 11:51 PM 1 #53 of 201
Etro Anime - See the Sound -

Etro Anime - See the Sound -
Quote:
- from wikipedia

Etro Anime is an electronic band from New York City formed in 1998. Musical genres used by the band include drum and bass, deep house, trip hop, and breakbeat. The name "Etro Anime" means "to be infinite in spirit."

The band currently consists of Anais Alonso, Ted Birkey, Harold Davis Jr., Thom Bell, and Gregg Jarvis. Previous members include David Fisher, Tom Welsch, Shambo Pfaff, and Liset Alea, who recorded a solo album for EMI titled No Sleep after leaving Etro Anime in 2005. As of 2006, Fisher and Birkey have been producing tracks for Etro Anime's next release featuring vocalist Alonso.

Etro Anime's single "Danger" was used as the introductory music for the video game Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga.
Download (SaveFile)

Love their songs. The song "Let it Go" was also part of compilation albums namely "Lounge for Lovers" and "Ibiza Lounge 3". They have two music vids in youtube. "Endless" and "Portrait". They also released a single in the US called "Summer Rain". I never get tired of their songs.

I was speaking idiomatically.

from the makers of Death Note!! Bakuman.
Am happy..because AgitoXIII and Parasite Eve 3 is a comin to the PSP!!
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:29 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2007, 06:29 PM #54 of 201
So the EP by a band a few friends of mine started a couple years back is finally out, and I've got to say I'm surprised at how quality it is. I've had a copy for maybe a week now, and the CD's been on repeat the entire time. Fantastic album, end to end, and it's even more amazing considering I know the kids who made it.

Anyway, I like it so much I figured I may as well upload it and let you guys hear it, as well. So, here goes.

Ball of Flame Shoot Fire - Grumpy Little Bird
Label: Unsigned
Year: 2007
Genre: Hmm. You decide.

Track - Title
1. Red Meat
2. Flaming Wreckage
3. Vroom Vroom
4. Down the Street
5. 'rado
6. Vasco de Gama
7. Wolf Cry

DOWNLOAD HERE

And be sure to post comments. I'd love to hear what you guys think of it. Thanks.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 05:36 PM 2 #55 of 201
Dream Theater - Images and Words
Label: WEA
Release: 1992
Genre: Progressive Rock

1. Pull Me Under
2. Another Day
3. Take The Time
4. Surrounded
5. Metropolis - Part I (The Miracle and the Sleeper)
6. Under a Glass Moon
7. Wait For Sleep
8. Learning to Live

This will mark the first of many Dream Theater albums that I will upload to the MEC. Dream Theater's first album with vocalist James LaBree is a wonderful album, filled with well-written, well-performed music. It's the album that propelled them into the focus of music-lovers everywhere, and deserves a place in anyone's library.

Notable tracks include Pull Me Under, Take The Time, Surrounded, and the absolutely spellbinding Metropolis, which spawned an entire concept album based around it. Metropolis is one of Dream Theater's best songs in a library of already stellar work. This whole album is a marvelous example of what Dream Theater is capable of. Enjoy!

GET IT HERE

FELIPE NO
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Nov 15, 2007, 07:16 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2007, 08:16 PM 2 #56 of 201
Talking The Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire

Label: CBS
Original Release: 1973
Genres: Progressive rock/ fusion jazz

61UQmPPewNL._AA240_.jpg

TRACK LIST

1. Birds Of Fire
2. Miles Beyond
3. Celestial Terrestrial Commuters
4. Sapphire Bullets Of Pure Love
5. Thousand Island Park
6. Hope
7. One Word
8. Sanctuary
9. Open Country Joy
10. Resolution

To coincide with FFVI week and my chosen avatar, I've decided to share this absolutely mind-boggling album with the GFF community.

The Mahavishnu Orchestra, though short lived in it's most succesful incarnation, is one of those bands that just had so much energy and creative juices that it's hard to imagine what kind of music they would be putting out today. If you look at the individual parts and their recent output (John Mclaughlin on guitar, Billy Cobham on drums, Jerry Goodman on violin, Rick Laird on bass and Ian Hammer on the Keys/synths), you can tell the sum would most likely be pretty awesome.

This particular album happens to be their second effort, and to me is only equaled by their first record, The Inner Mounting Flame. Though the title track is most certainly their most widely known tune and also pretty awesome , To me, No.7, 'One Word' is the best. From the intense opening riffs, through the triple solo exchange mid-section and climax, drum solo and racing finale, this tune to me is the epitome of The Mahavushnu Orchestra's output through all of it's successive incarnations. Really, if you ask me, there is no one word to describe the tune or the album. And if there is, I haven't found it yet.

Link: Birds of Fire

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Juggle dammit

Last edited by i am good at jokes; Nov 16, 2007 at 09:43 PM.
SeanParnika
River Chocobo

Member 762

Level 23.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2007, 01:17 AM #57 of 201
Artist: Benoit/Freeman Project
CD Title: The Benoit/Freeman Project
Publisher: Grp Records
Release: February 15, 1994
No. of Tracks: 10

File Name: [1994] DB & Russ Freeman - The Benoit-Freeman Project.rar
File Size: 71 MB

Amazon.com: The Benoit/Freeman Project: Music: Benoit,Russ Freeman

==============================================

Artist: Soul Ballet
CD Title: LAViSH
Publisher: Artizen
Release: September 11, 2007
No. of Tracks: 11

File Name: [2007] Soul Ballet - Lavish.rar
File Size: 75 MB

Amazon.com: LAViSH: Music: Soul Ballet

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2007, 01:37 PM 1 #58 of 201
Dream Theater - Awake
Label: EastWest
Release: 1994

1. 6:00
2. Caught in a Web
3. Innocence Faded
4. A Mind Beside Itself I: Erotomania
5. A Mind Beside Itself II: Voices
6. A Mind Beside Itself III: The Silent man
7. The Mirror
8. Lie
9. Lifting Shadows off a Dream
10. Scarred
11. Space-Dye Vest

Dream Theater's followup to their incredible Images and Words is yet another great entry into their expansive discography; the heavier, longer, and more epic Awake. This album is much bigger, badder, and ballsier than Images and Words, but their incredible technical skill and songwriting is still intact. It's just as tight as any other Dream Theater album, and is argued by many to be the highlight of their career. It's also the last album they would record with keyboardist Kevin Moore.

GET IT HERE!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Nov 17, 2007, 10:20 AM Local time: Nov 17, 2007, 05:20 PM 1 #59 of 201
Ayreon - The Human Equation
Label: InsideOut Music
Release: 2004
Genre: Progressive Rock/Rock Opera

This is one album you don't want to miss. It's one of the best and most complete albums I've ever heard, composed and written by Arjen Lucassen.

The Human Equation is a rock opera featuring a who’s who of modern-day artists in a mammoth production spread over a hundred minutes and two CDs. The story is about a man who has an unexplainable auto wreck and is comatose in hospital, while his wife and best friend keep a bedside vigil. There is nothing physically wrong with the victim but he has to fight his way back to consciousness by working through many memories, including the recent events that built up to the accident.

I recommend sitting down and looking at the lyrics while listening to it, as it enhances the experience A LOT, because it's such a big part of it and it might be hard to keep track on what's happening without it.

Download Link

How ya doing, buddy?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2007, 09:25 PM #60 of 201
Dream Theater - Metropolis Part II: Scenes From a Memory
Label: Elektra
Release: 1999

1. Regression
2. Overture 1928
3. Strange Deja Vu
4. Through My Words
5. Fatal Tragedy
6. Beyond This Life
7. Though Her Eyes
8. Home
9. The Dance Of Eternity
10. One Last Time
11. The Spirit Carries On
12. Finally Free

Dream Theater's masterpiece. This epic concept album thrust them back into the hearts and minds of fans after the very lukewarm reception of their "studio" effort, Falling Into Infinity. This album is Dream Theater at it's finest. Long, powerful epics, blistering solos, and great songwriting, all wrapped up into a cool concept album that is based on the song Metropolis from the album Images and Words.

I can't recommend this album enough. This is what turned me into a hardcore DT fan, and I'm sure it could do the same for you.

GET IT HERE!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 08:42 PM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 06:42 PM #61 of 201
Tokyo Police Club - A Lesson In Crime
Year: 2006
Label: Paper Bag Records
Genre: Indie Rock

IT'S NOT THE WAY MY MOTHER TALKS

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

If there were ever a movement for an indie farm system, somewhere to designate those young, raw bands needing more time in the oven, Tokyo Police Club would be the poster children. This blogger-approved Toronto quartet has the potential to become a real five-tool player in indie for a long time; Pretty Girls Make Graves' agility, Les Savy Fav's curveball, the Strokes' sweet swing-- there's no questioning the latent talent here.

Strangely, most bands follow a developmental arc similar to those of professional athletes. Just as the minor leagues help hone those nascent all-star skills, there's almost an unwritten rule that bands should become road-tested to refine their power-chord angst into slick, nuanced songwriting. Without even knowing Tokyo Police Club's ages, you can hear the greenness in their excessive handclaps, their ham-handed sci-fi narratives, and their opening alarum, "Operator, get me the president of the world!" The band may have spawned some of these tracks from a bored biology class daydream, but when they're on musically, the post-adolescence imbued in their sound doesn't even matter.

For all the raging hormonal awkwardness, the Club knows how to self-edit like the most scrupulous adults. The seven songs here contain no extra gristle, each weighing in around a svelte two minutes. Even tighter are the twitchy micro-Strokes riffs adorning tracks like "Cheer It On" and "Nature of the Experiment". Frontman Dave Monks even apes Casablancas' vox-via-megaphone a bit, though with more nasal, less growl. The Strokes comparisons only hold for so long though as the EP's second half forks off into Pretty Girls/Q and Not U hyper post-punk and straight-laced emo. "Shoulders & Arms" demonstrates the band's ability to pull off the former, a bustling juggernaut of stratospheric guitars and squalling synths. Meanwhile, "Citizens of Tomorrow" headlines the emo-minded selections, swelling to a futuristic climax that's three parts Sunny Day Real Estate, one part Sparta.

While for now any genre may be their oyster, I hope these guys stick to the prickly garage rock prominently featured early on the EP. Not only do they do it best, but the cushy-sounding stuff closing the release lacks the idea density of the rest of Crime, and choosing to pursue more of this ethereal fluff could result in an overblown LP letdown not unlike that of Rahim's or the Chinese Stars'. Either way, we-- and the rest of the indie rock world-- are waiting and listening for their next move.

Review blatantly plagiarized from Pitchfork Media

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 09:19 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 02:19 PM 5 1 #62 of 201
Artist: Powerglove
Album: Metal Kombat for the Mortal Man
Genre: Power metal
Label: ????
Year: 2007

YOU NEED THIS RIGHT NOW. I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE. Power metal covers of various songs from various games. Tunes include:

1: So Sexy Robotnik (Sonic 2) 3:48
2: Mario Minor (Super Mario Bros. + Super Mario World) 3:56
3: Fight On (Killer Instinct) 6:15
4: Vanquish the Horrible Night (Castlevania 2 + 3) 3:58
5: Blasting the Hornet (MMX3) 3:15
6: The Duck Grinder (Duck Hunt) 2:21
7: Power, Wisdom, Courage (Zelda 1, A Link To The Past, Ocarina of Time) 5:51
8: Omnishred (We're Gonna Need A Bigger Sword) (Final Fantasy VII) 3:33
9: Holy Orders (Be Quick and Just Shred) (Guilty Gear XX) 4:31
10: Metal Kombat for the Mortal Man (Mortal Kombat, Mega Man 2) 3:37
11: Red Wings Over Baron (Final Fantasy IV) 7:50

Download Link

Epic. Epic epic epic. TELL YOUR FRIENDS. A quick search of the forums reveals that they've been mentioned before, but holy shit wow LISTEN.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 03:15 PM #63 of 201

Nujabes - 2nd Collection Hydeout Productions
Released: November 2007
Label: Hyde Out Productions
Genre: Hip hop

1. Voice of Autumn / Nujabes
2. Sky is falling (featuring CL Smooth) / Nujabes
3. Walz for life will born / Uyama Hiroto
4. Imaginary Folklore / Clammbon by Nujabes
5. Hikari (featuring Substantial) Nujabes
6. Counting Stars / Nujabes
7. Another Reflection / Nujabes
8. Fly by night (featuring Five Deez) / Nujabes
9. Old Light(voices from 93 million miles away remix) / Pase Rock
10. with rainy eyes / Emancipator
11. Luv(sic.)(modal soul remix) / Shing02
12. windspeaks / Uyama Hiroto
13. Winter Lane (nujabes remix) / DSK
14. After Hanabi -listen to my beats- / Nujabes

REVIEW (source):
For those who needing a nujabes fix, the 2nd Hydeout Productions compilation has nujabes all over it. He produced over half of the album (and fortunately, the tracks he didn't produced are easily just as good). Compared to the first Hydeout Productions compilation from a few years ago, this compilation is a lot more subdued than the first one.

DOWNLOAD LINK

FELIPE NO
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 01:09 AM 1 #64 of 201
Dream Theater - The Number of the Beast
Label: YtseJam
Release: 2002
Genre: Metal

1. Invaders
2. Children of the Damned
3. The Prisoner
4. 22 Acacia Avenue
5. The Number of the Beast
6. Run To The Hills
7. Gangland
8. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Dream Theater has, on occasion, shocked fans when they play a special concert that consists entirely of covers. This is one of the few they've released publicly, along with Master of Puppets, and Dark Side of the Moon (which I do not have). I think this is an extremely faithful cover of one of metal's greatest albums. Sure, Iron Maiden isn't really MEC material, but Dream Theater is, and hearing them faithfully recreate Maiden is pretty sweet. Enjoy!

GET IT HERE!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 02:55 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2007, 06:25 PM #65 of 201
Wolf & Cub - Vessels
Label: Dot Dash/4AD
Released: 2006
Genre: Alternative

Track Listing
1. Vessels
2. This Mess
3. Rozalia Bizarre
4. Hammond
5. March of Clouds
6. Kingdom
7. Seeds of Doubt
8. Conundrum
9. Steal their Gold
10. Vultures, part 2, section 2

REVIEW
Spoiler:
It’s like stage hypnotism. Those first few swings of the pendulum seeming about as threatening as a damp kitten under general anaesthetic, you confident in your unshiftable immunity against attempts by entertainment ‘professionals’ (read ‘charlatans’) to take control of your senses, and so on. You are rocksteady, you are cynical, you are above it all. Until BANG! Your body betrays you, your sensibility breaks for the shadows and falls flat on its face and what remains is submerged into a vast warping bubble of unfamiliarity and – WHIZZ / KAPOW – you’re fighting off anonymous talons and claws, not to mention gyrating thunderously to a filthy beat that you can’t for the life of you remember where it came from. Welcome to Wolf & Cub’s vessel.

The title track opens the record with almost 7 minutes of claustrophobic, threatening bass-heavy repetition, cracked into submission by a relentless snare beat and surging effects pedal manipulation. It’s all very blunt, it’s all unforgiving and above all else it’s really quite ‘XTRMNTR’. If indifference or resistance is what you greet the track with, you’ll have lost your house in a round of poker by the end. It is very persuasive. This is not future-rock though, not really. It doesn’t get far past the end of the 70s, it’s simply music with intent played intensely. Battery by riff, and by firm dance beat.

From the Spiritualized-esque weightless feedback strewn soundscape of ‘Hammond’ at the lightest end and the howling Hendrix/Zeppelin riff-off of ‘Seeds Of Doubt’ at the other, to the bold Public Image Limited and Gang Of Four funk rhythms of disco-slaying ‘This Mess’ this is a record that never loosens its grip, bullying your pulse into obedience. And through its shifting points of reference it retains a keenness that albums by the likes of The Rapture and Radio 4 just can’t seem to quite sustain. Now, when I click my fingers you will wake up as if nothing ever happened. But you’ll still be tapping your feet.

DOWNLOAD LINK

My favourite local band, and probably my favourite Australian live band of recent times.

================================================== ===============
Midlake - The Trials of Van Occupanther
Label: Bella Union
Released: 2006
Genre: Progressive

Track Listing
1. Roscoe
2. Bandits
3. Head Home
4. Van Occupanther
5. Young Bride
6. Branches
7. In This Camp
8. We Gathered In Spring
9. It Covers The Hillsides
10. Chasing After Deer
11. You Never Arrived

REVIEW
Spoiler:
Just the opening half-minute of "Roscoe," the lead track on Midlake's sophomore album The Trials Of Van Occupanther, generates the kind of knowingly resigned, darkly ritualistic mood that was all over FM radio in the mid-to-late-'70s, in the era of Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, and Dire Straits. The mellifluous, murmuring double-tracked croon of bandleader Tim Smith spirals through echoing piano, muffled drums, and quietly slashing electric guitars, all so commanding that there's no better way to react to it than to find a window to stare through—preferably one facing a grove of trees, swaying in an autumn wind. It's the kind of song worth stopping everything for.

Then again, so is "Bandits," which marries an archaic-sounding melody to humming organ and rippling piano, and "Head Home," which builds to a dramatic guitar solo that sounds like a tin shack beset by storms, and "Van Occupanther," a steady piano march leavened by the sound of a Mellotron and Smith cautioning, "I must be careful now in my steps." With The Trials Of Van Occupanther, Midlake has built a fragile fantasy world out of pieces of American history, the resonant sounds of churches and small-town music halls, and a basic sense of compassion. Songs like "Young Bride" and "Branches" practically tremble, as they pulse along on steady keyboards and woven-silk guitar, keeping Smith braced while he sings lines like, "It's hard for me, but I'm trying."

Van Occupanther's spell finally breaks a little more than halfway through its 11 tracks, when the songs begin to feel more fussed-over and conceptual and less organic, but the warmth never fades. When Midlake reaches the album's brief, moving conclusion, "You Never Arrived," it's earned the pangs of recognition it'll get from those listeners who grew up with music seeping into the mystery-infatuated compartments of their subconsciouses.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited by NovaX; Nov 21, 2007 at 04:16 AM.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 05:15 PM 1 #66 of 201
Artist: Ookla the Mok
Album: Oh Okay L.A.
Genre: Rock
Year: 2003

1: W.W.S.D.
2: F. People
3: P.M. Prima Donna
4: A.M. Suicide
5: La (La Land)
6: Sts-107
7: Go On
8: Ex
9: Mr. W
10: O Sting
11: Buffalo, CA
12: Hollywood's Ending

Good luck finding a professional review of Ookla the Mok. It's not as though they're too new or too progressive to attract attention, it's that most reviewers are too pretentious to get within earshot of an Ookla the Mok show. See, the band doesn't play the usual bars and clubs; they've carved out a more eclectic and appreciative niche by catering to a largely overlooked demographic: dorks. You're more likely to catch them performing at a comic show or sci-fi convention than in some darkened pub. Many of Ookla the Mok's songs make numerous references to obscure pop culture references from the geekiest sources imaginable. Even their band name is a tip of the hat to their fanbase (+20 nerd points if you immediately recognized this fact). But despite their shameless geekhood, the Ooklas carry out their prime directive with grace and ingenuity. Their songs are as fun and catchy as anything you could overhear on the radio (perhaps moreso) but they prefer to dwell in the shadows of notoriety where nobody minds their blatant love of all things Star Trek. So seamless is their sound that you almost forget you're listening to music for nerds, by nerds. If you can accept your inner child long enough to give them a listen, you'll probably agree that we need more musicians that aren't afraid to be themselves, like Ookla the Mok.

DOWNLOAD HERE

================================================== ================

Artist: Great Big Sea
Album: Up
Genre: Celtic Rock
Year: 1996

1: Run Runaway
2: Goin' Up
3: Fast As I Can
4: Mari-Mac
5: Dancing With Mrs. White
6: Something to It
7: Buying Time
8: Lukey
9: The Old Black Rum
10: The Chemical Worker's Song (Process Man)
11: Wave Over Wave
12: Billy Peddle
13: Nothing Out of Nothing
14: The Jolly Butcher
15: Rant and Roar

Allmusic Review

Although Great Big Sea initially started out as a fairly traditional Newfoundland outfit, Up shows the band adding more rock muscle to the fiddles and accordions. It's still a pretty traditional sound by most standards, with jigs and reels galore, but it allows the band to do a revved-up cover of Slade's "Run Runaway" and make it appealing to both the traditionalist and the rock fan. There's everything you'd expect from a bunch of young Maritime musicians from Canada: a good dose of Celtic, songs about the sea and about drinking, a good dose of fun, but a healthy reverence for the musical tradition. "Mari-Mac," where the lyrics accelerate to a terrifying speed by the end, is worth the price of admission alone.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited by Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon; Nov 22, 2007 at 02:14 AM.
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2007, 10:46 PM #67 of 201
Yesterday's New Quintet - Sound Directions: The Funky Side of Life
Label: Stones Throw, 2005
Genre: Jazz/Hip Hop/Electronica

1. "Directions" – 1:07
2. "Dice Game" – 3:48
3. "Wanda Vidal" – 2:17
4. "Fourty Days" – 5:08
5. "Play Car" – 3:19
6. "A Diving Image" – 2:19
7. "The Funky Side of Life" – 2:59
8. "Theme For Ivory Black" – 3:33
9. "The Horse" – 2:49
10. "One For J.J. (Johnson)" – 2:23
11. "On the Hill" – 3:18

Spoiler:
"It's been another banner year for production powerhouse Madlib. Not content to rest on his amazing albums of the recent past (Madvillain and the sophomore Quasimoto LP), he dusts off the jazz crates, calls a bunch of studio cats and puts together this serious set of blunted sessions. The Beat Conductor is not half-stepping at all - he emerges himself fully into the mythical five members of YNQ, culminating in this smoked-out homage to the true school jazz scene. Sprawling, freeform jams like his cover of David Axelrod's "A Divine Image" work wonderfully alongside more straightforward jams (check the organ-heavy riff on Billi Brooks Fourty Days"). Madlib's perfectly grimy production values are in full effect, as he turns up the horns "The Funky Side of Life," "The Horse") before closing out on the acidic organ head-trip that is "On The Hill." Once again, Madlib proves why he's the man now, dog." - URB

The Funky Side of Life

Most amazing jew boots
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 12:16 PM #68 of 201

RIOW ARAI - Device People
Released: November 2003
Label: Ultra VAIVU
Genre: breakbeat

TRACKLIST:
01 intro
02 break literacy
03 inner blowing
04 mode down
05 hip-ruins
06 star trash
07 funktions
08 heavy baby
09 irregular tips
10 supperless
11 non fiction

REVIEW (source):
"His latest album, "Device People," is about to be released in Britain, and with only a faint knowledge of English, he is worried how English-speaking fans will interpret the title.

People obsessed with their computers and mobile phones?

Arai visibly relaxes. "Yes, that's it exactly."

If the listener can't get what Arai is on about from the title, then the short intro that begins "Device People" should clarify his point immediately. If the listener can't get what Arai is on about from the title, then the short intro that begins "Device People" should clarify his point immediately.

A piano plays a phrase lifted from George Gershwin, which is followed by the warm throb of an acoustic bass. A collage of sounds sculpted from the distinctly warm human rustle of the street hums in the background. A few notes, Jimi Hendrix-style, echo from an electric guitar before the listener lands onto the smooth beats of Arai's funkified electronic hymn "Break Literacy." A piano plays a phrase lifted from George Gershwin, which is followed by the warm throb of an acoustic bass. A collage of sounds sculpted from the distinctly warm human rustle of the street hums in the background. A few notes, Jimi Hendrix-style, echo from an electric guitar before the listener lands onto the smooth beats of Arai's funkified electronic hymn "Break Literacy."

The last hundred years of music are collapsed into a few seconds."

DOWNLOAD LINK

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 06:13 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2007, 11:13 PM 1 #69 of 201
Artist: Boris
Album: Flood
Genre: Post-rock, stoner doom
Label: MIDI Creative
Year: 2000

1. Part I [14:42]
2. Part II [13:35]
3. Part III [20:38]
4. Part IV [21:35]

A first-time listener - specifically, a first-time post-rock listener - might be intimidated by the more repetitive parts of this album. It's worth it, I promise. Flood is a 70-minute instrumental epic divided into four parts, combining elements of post-rock, doom metal and psychedelic music; influences include (among others) Sunn O))), Melvins and Sleep. The tracks are easy to get your head around: An intro and an outro and two fleshy bits in the middle.

It's hardly appropriate to say "hey try something different" in a community of people who listen to offbeat music, so I'll just sign off by imploring you to at least check it out.

Download Link

Additional Spam:
Artist: Beyond Twilight
Album: For the Love of Art and the Making
Genre: Symphonic progressive metal
Label: Nightmare

FUCK MASSIVE TRACKLIST:

1. In The Eyes of My Soul (First Movement) [0:47]
2. Creep Evil [0:59]
3. Sleeping Beauty - The Journey [1:30]
4. Purity [1:48]
5. Sleeping Beauty - Connected [1:28]
6. Tongue Angel [1:22]
7. I Moved [1:11]
8. Blackened In My Eyes [2:14]
9. Temptations [0:16]
10. Fiery Woman [0:38]
11. Sweet Irony [0:22]
12. Conversation of the Dead [0:16]
13. The Perfect Heart [0:58]
14. The Perfect Heart Part II - Think [0:37]
15. The Key - Imagine [0:09]
16. The Perfect Heart Part III (Modulated Instrumental) [0:27]
17. The Black Widow [0:28]
18. The Key Part II - Naked Truth [0:09]
19. The Kiss of the Wind [0:18]
20. Dark Wild Rage [2:41]
21. Temptations Part II – Return (Modulated) [0:12]
22. I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings [1:18]
23. Cold As Blue [0:33]
24. The Awakening [0:21]
25. Cold As Blue - Like A Candle You Start To Drip [0:20]
26. Bilingues Cavendi – One Should Beware of the Double-Tongued [0:09]
27. The Awakening Part II - The Smile [0:19]
28. The Awakening Part III – Opening the Curtains to a Beautiful Sunny Morning Watching the Singing Birds [0:21]
29. In The Eyes of My Soul (First Movement Modulated With Irony) [0:20]
30. Past The Magic [1:43]
31. Past The Magic Part II (Rhythmic Laughter) [0:54]
32. Nightwandering on Needles [0:21]
33. In The Eyes of My Soul (Second Movement Modulated With Irony) [0:18]
34. In The Eyes of My Soul (Second Movement) [1:04]
35. 6 Seconds Past 6 [1:20]
36. Organ Scientistic Formula (1) [3:00]
37. Nightwandering on Needles Part II – The Answer [0:31]
38. 6 Black Roses - Ship of Rowing Slaves [1:06]
39. Autumn Fog Message [1:28]
40. Sleeping Beauty Returns - The Black Box of Reverse (Forward) [0:22]
41. The Black Box of Reverse [1:10]
42. In The Eyes of My Soul (Third Movement) [0:32]
43. In The Eyes of My Soul - For The Love of Art And The Making (Finale) [1:21]

There are a few Dream Theater uploads in this thread - This isn't the same sort of music at all. Beyond Twilight are a somewhat avantgarde Danish progressive metal band, using orchestral elements alongside some pretty grandiose music. This album is interesting in that it's divided into 43 tracks, each of which starts with the same note, making for some interesting listening options.

Download Link

Last edited by Krelian; Nov 23, 2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 09:16 PM 1 #70 of 201
Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Label: Elektra
Release: 2002

Disc 1:
1. The Glass Prison
2. Blind Faith
3. Misunderstood
4. The Great Debate
5. Disappear

Disc 2:
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
I. Overture
II. About to Crash
III. War Inside My Head
IV. The Test That Stumped Them All
V. Goodnight Kiss
VI. Solitary Shell
VII. About to Crash (reprise)
VIII. Losing Time / Grand Finale

Dream Theater's only 2-disc studio album is quite a stunner. The first disc lays in 5 experimental, but awesome tracks, including the fantastic opener, The Glass Prison. The Glass Prison serves as the first song in Mike Portnoy's AA Suite, in which he tackles the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, with a few steps per song. Each subsequent album has had an AA song, and they plan to release an AA set sometime in the future. Regardless, The Glass Prison is the one that started it, and it's a fantastic, high-octane song.

The centerpiece of this album is the expansive, 40-something minute titular song on Disc 2, split up into 8 parts, but joining together to form one incredible prog rock opus that weaves a full story in the one song. It's a stunning song, and is the main reason people should check out this album.

Enjoy!

GET IT HERE!

Most amazing jew boots
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Nov 24, 2007, 04:32 AM Local time: Nov 24, 2007, 04:32 AM 1 #71 of 201
Praful - Pyramid in your Backyard (produced by Adani and Wolfe)
Label: N-Coded Music
Release: 2005
Genre: FutureJazz, World-fusion

3. Acredite*
-(Vocals - Katia Moraes)
4. April Seven
5. Eternity
6. Hand-Cart Puller
7. Naked
8. Azul Listen
9. Drop To The Ocean
10. Wishful Walk
11. Ponto De Partida
12. We Live On

I have a submission to make! Praful's album 'Pyramid in your Backyard', is a blend of jazz, world music and straight fusion bringing it all together. It's a very well made album, written and performed by Praful, produced by Adoni and Wolfe. It's very eclectic if that's your sort of thing.

A bit about Praful...He was born in Germany and has traveled the world seeking out new music. In a way, he isn't just his own musician, he brings together the music of many cultures of the world and makes them his own. There is a lot of brazillian influence in his music, as well as indian influence which usually works alongside an electronic backdrop to create warm luscious vibes of JAZZ excellence. While much of his music is easy listening, there is also a fair degree of challenge and stimulation to be heard. All in all, the music is very healing. (but then again, isn't all music therapeutic)

The Gamingforce music album project featured a song from this album as the 37th track, titled 'Says Kabir', a melding between jazz flute playing, brazillian rhythms via ethnic drums and vocal. I am happy many seemed to enjoy it and I thought it'd be nice to upload the entire album to get you fellas a better idea of Praful's abilites.

I hope you guys enjoy the music as much as I have.

Here it is ---_--_--_-_-_---> Praful - Pyramid in your Backyard

Peace!

FELIPE NO

Last edited by RainMan; Nov 24, 2007 at 04:52 AM.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Nov 25, 2007, 03:30 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2007, 08:30 PM #72 of 201
Artist: Unexpect
Album: In A Flesh Aquarium
Genre: Extreme avant-garde metal
Label: The End

1. Chromatic Chimera [5:52]
2. Feasting Fools [6:17]
3. Desert Urbania [7:30]
4. Summoning Scenes [7:47]
5. Silence_011010701 [5:14]
6. Megalomaniac Trees [5:57]
7. The Shiver - Another Dissonant Chord [3:00]
8. The Shiver - Meet Me At The Carrousel [4:08]
9. The Shiver - A Clown's Mindtrap [3:41]
10. Psychic Jugglers [11:11]

Anyone familiar with the idea of avantgarde metal will probably immediately think of Arcturus or similar artists - I believe a Diablo Swing Orchestra album is somewhere in this thread. (For those not so familiar: wiki article). This is nowhere near as conventional.

In A Flesh Aquarium is all over the place musically. The songs are completely absent of any structure, and there's a wide variety of styles. Unexpect draws on genres ranging from circus music to death metal; plus there's a pretty mean range of vocal techniques used on the album - soprano, deep-voiced singing, brutal growling...

That said, of course, it won't necessarily be accessible for everybody.

Download Link

Most amazing jew boots
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 01:20 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 08:20 PM 1 #73 of 201
The Black League: Ichor (2000)
"genre": groovy metal/rock with semi-aggressive vocals

01 Doomwatcher
02 One Colour Black
03 Deep Waters
04 Goin' to Hell
05 Avalon
06 We Die Alone
07 The Everlasting, Part 2
08 Ozymandias
09 Blood of the Gods
10 Bunker King
11 Winter Winds Sing
12 Ecce Homo!

Band's line-up during Ichor:
vocals: Taneli Jarva (of Sentenced fame in 1991-1996)
guitars: Maike Valenne & Alexi Ranta
bass: Florida (Mikko Laurila)
drums & keyboards: Sir Luttinen

There you have it. I don't really have much to say about this one. If you liked early Sentenced, this will surely be your thing. If groovy bands like Blake hit you hard, this will be your thing. Not much else to say the "genre" description doesn't. Personally, this has been a great album for years.

DOANLOWD

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 04:57 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 02:57 AM #74 of 201
Nujabes - Sweet Sticky Thing Mixtape
Year: ????
Label: Self-Produced?
Genre: Soul / R&B / Hip Hop

I'VE FOUND A CERTAIN PARADISE WITH HIM IN MY LIFE

No tracklist found.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This here is pretty much the Holy Grail to Nujabes fans... The infamous "Sweet Sticky Thing" mixtape. This is not traditional Nujabes music but this is easily the most rare and sought after Nujabes mix ever. It's an eclectic and beautiful collection of 70's-80's R&B and Soul music. I couldn't, for the life of me, find a cover for this nor could I find any additional info on the album, much less a review that I could plagiarize for my own amusement. In any case, I hope you all enjoy this very rare gem.

nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Nov 27, 2007, 01:42 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 08:42 PM #75 of 201
Mattias IA Eklundh - The Road Less Traveled
Label: TSP
Release: 2004
Genre: Instrumental/Guitar/Experimental

I just had to post this CD! This is one of the coolest and craziest CDs I've ever heard, but that's no wonder really cause it's made by the craziest guitarist I know of, Mattias IA Eklundh. I've met this guy in real life and I have to say he is the funniest guy I've ever met. His guitar clinic was so funny, I laughed so much that I just couldn't stop crying. And his humor really shows in his album too. His playing is very unique and he is very very skilled at playing, so I can assure you that you haven't heard anything like it. There is just one Mattias IA Eklundh.

Track list
1. Road Less Traveled, The
2. There's No Money In Jazz
3. Print This!
4. Father
5. No Strings Attached
6. Caffeine
7. Fletch Theme
8. Battle Of Bob, The
9. Chopstick Boogie
10. Toxic Donald
11. Happy Hour
12. Smoke On The Water
13. Insert Coin
14. Woman In Seat 27A, The
15. Ketchup Is A Vegetable
16. Samba Caramba
17. White Trash Hyper Blues
18. Toxic Mickey
19. Minor Swing
20. One-String Improvisation
21. Asteroid 3834
22. Little Bastard
23. Difficult Person Music

This CD has everything from fast paced video game like songs to calm acoustic tunes and heavy metal. Not even that can describe what it sounds like so just go and check it out. By the way, the song Chopstick Boogie is actually played with real chopsticks I've even seen it live.

DOWNLOAD HERE

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™