Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Dinner time you little bastards

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:26 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 11:26 AM #1 of 22
Dinner time you little bastards

So, when you look back on your past years with family, have you been the sit around the table type with the family at meal time, or are you a little weasel that grabs his food and finds the closest dark corner (your room) to gobble it down at?

Since I can remember until maybe age 13 I ate with my mom and her boyfriend. After that, when we went to Vegas, it was basically me fending for myself. Half the time I hardly even ate at home. If we´d order a pizza I´d eat it in the livingroom and she´d go off to her room. Kinda enjoyed it that way.

Since coming here to Guatemala with my family everyone sits at the table for breakfast, lunch and dinner unless things like school or work get in the way. There´s no fucking TV or radio on during this, and I like that. It seems more personal and we all just talk about the shit that´s been going on.

You?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
julia
I'm even bitchier now.

Member 2873

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:00 PM #2 of 22
My family always ate together growing up. As did Corey and I up until he started high school. We never eat dinner together anymore because he doesn't get home till about 6:30 every day from school, then football practice. And then, he will either have to go to work or he goes to his g/f's house.

So I still cook dinner but leave it for him to eat when he gets home.

I agree with you OO, it's nice to have the TV off and actually have a conversation at a meal. Hopefully those dinner at the family table commercials have helped some families eat dinner together.

How ya doing, buddy?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:05 PM #3 of 22
When my husband is home we all sit down and eat together because he's an absolute stickler about having family dinners. When he's out of town I cheat (please don't put that phrase in the "Quotes Out of Context" thread =/) and let my kids eat in the living room or wherever.

Family dinners are the best, though. Everyone is so busy and sometimes it's the only time in the entire day when everyone is at the same place at the same time.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
spiderweb
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10514

Level 3.62

Aug 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 02:25 PM #4 of 22
I always wished my family ate together as a kid, I don't wish it anymore...we usually sit in front of a TV and eat dinner. However I know for sure when I have a family we're going to eat dinner together everynight, a family that dines together stays together. Hah.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 04:35 PM #5 of 22
I remember my family and I eating dinner together, up until about the time my sister started playing varsity sports. She would have to travel and practice all the time, and my parents where usually on the road with her. So this left me home alone 4 days out of the week, to either fend for myself, or hope they feel like preparing something when they get home.

About the time my sister left for college, I was already working, and I spent about 6 days a week eating out with friends an co workers. So not only did we quit eating together, I quit eating at home in general.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 04:41 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 09:41 PM #6 of 22
Our family has always eaten together where possible. A lot of the time my mother was always too busy to eat with us, and then as we all grew up there were fewer and fewer people around the table. Now we only eat together on the offchance that we're all under the same roof. However, we also had a TV in our dining room so we only really talked in depth when there was nothing interesting on =/

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Retriever II
Syklis Green

Member 4083

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:12 PM #7 of 22
I'd say about half the time it's sit around the table with family. Lately it's excluded my sister who spends more time out with friends and usually won't eat dinner now. The other half is usually "fend for yourself I don't feel like making anything." It's also a little less frequent now because my dad has been drinking more in the late afternoons, and then he doesn't want to eat, or eats well after the rest of us.

Out of long-standing habbit, I always eat in the kitchen, whether or not anyone else is there.

FELIPE NO
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 11:31 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 08:31 PM #8 of 22
We ate together when I was little, but we stopped doing that when I got into middle school because my older sister usually wasn't home and we'd all be hungry at different times. Now we only eat together on holidays and such.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:52 AM #9 of 22
My family has always eaten while sitting around the dinner table, with the TV off. I'm on my own now, and I usually just eat in my room. That's because I eat by myself a lot, and there's no one to talk to, so I just watch TV or use the computer.

kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 01:18 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 11:18 PM #10 of 22
I remember my mom bought us this rolling TV tray thing that we could wheel in front of the TV and eat while watching Wild and Crazy Kids. That should say a lot about how little my mom cared about it, hah.

My dad was a bit anal about wanting us to eat together and I think I would be too when I have kids, it's nicer to share a good diner with your family at the end of a day where you don't see everyone. Or maybe I'll be that crazy mom that throws cup ramen at my children and then drinks a gallon of vodka.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 01:30 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 10:30 PM #11 of 22
Whenever I visit my parents, we tend to still eat meals at the table. It's a bit rare to have all four of us at home, but my parents prefer eating at a table regardless of the occasion. When I was younger, my mother would let me eat while watching TV since only the two of us would be home at that time.

I still prefer having meals at a table surrounded by family and friends. I typically eat alone or with my brother these days.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:34 AM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 08:34 AM #12 of 22
At home, my family usually eats dinner together. Some nights, some (generally me) may start eating ahead or later, but the table always gets set up for the 4 of us.

Before at school, I'd eat dinner with friends. This got tougher once I moved into an apartment, so I'd just eat in my room and watch something. But that part of my life is over, so it's back to the dinner famjam mode.

How ya doing, buddy?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 11:24 AM #13 of 22
I'm not entirely sure why, but my parents have always been big on the family togetherness at dinner time. All five of us have to cram ourselves around this tiny little table and eat while constantly hitting each other with our elbows. There are times when we'll have a TV dinner and there are times when we don't eat together because we're busy. Mostly it's the table though.

Baaah~
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:50 PM #14 of 22
My family's always eaten together, even if we're jammed with hw. Its only seperated when someone is going to come home really late or stuff like that.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 01:47 PM #15 of 22
My family used to eat together when we were very little b/c that was the only way my mom could make me eat vegetables . However, my mom started working dayshift and my father started working nightshift around the time I was seven. Since then, we've mostly become a family of kitchen scavengers.

My dad will cook some garden vegetables and eat in front of his Star Wars Galaxies computer game. My mom and sister will eat a can of Campbells or chili or something and eat it in their respected rooms. My brother will creep into the fridge and cook the whole box of microwaveable bacon and eat it in his room (yet, he still has a 6-pack). And I will find a can of Cambells, Chef Boyardee, or cook some Ramen noodles and eat it in the living room since my room doesn't have a television.

It doesn't matter if it's a holiday or not, we don't really eat together anymore. I sort of miss it, but whenever my sister forced us to eat together occasionally, it would feel quite awkward and we don't even have a kitchen table anymore.

How ya doing, buddy?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
ComradeTande
:B

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 01:57 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 12:57 PM #16 of 22
my family ate together until we moved to the house we currently live in. Then it sort of fell apart and most of my family eats in the living room watching televisions (like the morons they are) or i eat down by my computer watching anime (like the moron i am).
i hated eating at the dinner table. my brothers would always steal my food and pick on me. like a certain incident where they piled all their peas on to my plate and i started crying (i was like...five and i HATED peas). john ended up blaming it on jim, so he had to eat them all when mum found out.

yeah.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 02:15 AM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 12:15 AM #17 of 22
As a family we don't eat together much anymore. My sister went off and got that whole "marriage" thing and I'm never ever ever in my own house, much less that of the parental figures.

Every once in a while though, I just have to get the whole crew together and since our houses are all pretty close together and all the doors lead to one patio where I keep my grill I just up and surprise them with a random barbecue dinner. Which reminds me... I haven't done that in a while.

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 08:32 AM #18 of 22
We're European at heart, just the three of us. We look forward to dinners and time together. We can sit down for hours just talking and killing a bottle of wine.

When it's just two of us together, we do the same really. "Dinner" is never a small even in our home. We're usually the sort to go all out and make dinner the event of the evening.

I find that a LOT of Americans don't do this. It's a strange thing to me - grab your food and hide away to your room. I wouldn't let my kid eat food in his room.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 04:51 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 03:51 PM #19 of 22
Fucking ignore this post for now.

Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:19 AM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 04:19 AM #20 of 22
My family and I always eat together. Unfortunately, my dad has a habit or tendency to leave the TV on, and I think he likes to have "background noise" as he calls it. The majority of the time I would shut it off simply because there is never anything good on. And I hate hearing sucky programs. In all my years living with my family, I have never ate dinner alone. The only meal I gladly eat alone is breakfast, mainly because I'm groggy and I don't get up the same time as everyone else.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:48 AM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 01:48 PM #21 of 22
Like Sass, I enjoy eating together with the rest of the family, we can easily sit around for a couple of hours. It's most of the time the only moment when we can all sit together, since my parents both have to work rather long hours. But even though everyone's busy, we all still manage to find some time to sit together to talk about basically anything. That's also why I had some difficulty when I started going to college, and I sometimes had to eat alone in the kitchen when no one else was around. I really like to talk with someone when cooking and eating, so it took some time to adapt to eating on my own.

I could never live in a household where no one talks. in the family of a friend of mine, half of the family simply isn't there most of the time, and the other half sits there, not saying a word, just eating. They don't even wait until everyone's finished to leave the table, which I find incredibly rude. Eating is something to enjoy, imo.

Dr. Chud
Carob Nut

Member 7155

Level 3.83

May 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 01:03 PM #22 of 22
Family is great and all (sometimes), but I'm the kind of guy that likes to hole up in his space and eat his meal in peace. I like it that way.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Dinner time you little bastards