Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Stay Alive: On Realism

evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:40 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 09:40 PM #1 of 19
Stay Alive: On Realism

Alright, so there's this movie coming out, putting a whole new spin on the horror genre. Now, instead of the monster coming out of a tape or the internet, it's coming out of a game. A bunch of online gamers realize that the game is becoming all too real...

Yeah, I didn't know which was the broader audience, Gaming Subforum or Media, but whatever. Seriously, all the gamers here, how real is Stay Alive? Do any of you turn on the ol' XBox or PS2 and yell to yourself or even your supposed friends "Let's BOOT IT UP"? Do any of you have to actually say "Oh, bad things are happening" when you see a dead body in front of you?

I know about suspension of disbelief, but wow, this is a whole lot of crap to wade through. And honestly, let's discuss the graphics on the game in that trailer. What crap.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:44 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 10:44 PM #2 of 19
I saw a commercial for this movie last night, and it looked really dumb. Just a bunch of stupid people standing around saying "OMG if we die in the game then we die in real life!" Newsflash: Stop playing the game, dipshits!

If this truly was real, then whoever these people are deserve to die. But because it isn't real, the people who made this load of crap deserve to die.

How ya doing, buddy?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:46 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 11:46 PM #3 of 19
Originally Posted by evergreen
Alright, so there's this movie coming out, putting a whole new spin on the horror genre.
Ahahahahahahaha.

No....no, wait....

Ahahahahahahahahaha!

But really:
This movie looks like shit. I mean, it's basically stealing everything ever known in the horror genre and mushing it together into a stool-encrusted shadow of a premise.

Most amazing jew boots
galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:50 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 09:50 PM #4 of 19
This movie reminds me a lot of "Fear Dot Com" which came out awhile back, on the tail end of the dotcom craze of the late nineties. It all reeked of "me too-ism" or like someone trying to cash in on a current fad.

In this case, horror movies and video games.

Is it realistic? No. The "game" is too real, for one thing. It's too fluid, too smooth.

I don't think I've heard someone even use the phrase "boot it up" in like ten years.

EDIT: Oh and the proximity of this flick to SILENT HILL in terms of release date made me lol.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by galen; Mar 14, 2006 at 11:53 PM.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:03 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 10:03 PM #5 of 19
I believe there was a straight to DVD movie made several years back where some game company was developing a game and their computers were struck by lightning and a monster in the game turned to life. I don't remember the name of it, however this movie, Stay Alive reminds me of that one.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:39 AM #6 of 19
yeah man i saw that on tv awhile ago, forgot the name as well.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:46 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 12:46 AM #7 of 19
Was it how to make a monster? That was one of the really shitty set of "Creature Feature" movies that came out a few years back I believe and had a plot something like that.

FELIPE NO
Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 03:35 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 01:35 AM #8 of 19
Originally Posted by CetteHamsterLa
Was it how to make a monster? That was one of the really shitty set of "Creature Feature" movies that came out a few years back I believe and had a plot something like that.

Yeah...How To Make a Monster.

I'd like to watch it for curosity's sake and because I've been watching many bad movies.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:56 AM #9 of 19
The only way i see any sense of realisim for a film like this is when a big ass game of Counterstrike is going on and whats going on outside is something equal to Waco.

Come on Hollywood, you'll greenlight just about anything.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Gecko3
Good Chocobo

Member 991

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 06:10 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 06:10 PM #10 of 19
Saw this movie yesterday (only because my brother paid for my ticket, I didn't plan on spending my money on it, and no, I don't d/l movies either), and it seems too much like the other horror movies that have come out lately. There are some semi-creepy moments, but for the most part, I never jumped (my sister in law did quite a few times though, but she's easily scared).

It's got too many of those "people do stupid things in horror movies" moments in it. Some semi-spoilers here, but I don't think that this would ruin anything if you've ever seen a horror movie before (as it's in just about all of them).

For instance, a girl walks by a creepy looking house under construction (supposedly going for a smoke). Nevermind that it's several houses away from their house (cause the other characters seem to have to run for a while when they realize she's been gone too long), which I don't think people "going out for a smoke" will travel that far for lol. Logic would dictate that you don't walk into areas like that, but sure enough, she does.

The logic in the game even breaks its own rules at times, which is kind of lame (at least that's what it looks like. The characters do sort of say something about it, but by the time they do, you're already like "WTF?")

Definitely a b-horror movie, and certainly worth a rent. But it's not terribly impressive unless you're scared easily and like the "scary thing pops up, and creepy sound plays" jump moments (plenty of those in there too). Maybe I'm just jaded, but I never found myself jumping at any of those points (probably because they're predictable too).

Oh yeah, lot of ad placement in that movie. Remember I, Robot and Will Smith advertising all those products? Same thing here, I had the urge to go and buy an Alienware laptop computer with shiny chrome plating after seeing this movie for some reason lol. Too bad they cost an arm and a leg.

Btw, a lot of the "monsters" in this game screams "SILENT HILL!", so if you want to get a sneak preview of what it'll probably be like in that movie, take a look hehe. At least they did look creepy, and not just "gross" (like making you want to throw up type).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
silvervalkyrie
This is Love

Member 3464

Level 11.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 07:51 PM #11 of 19
I'll pay to see this movie when the F.E.A.R. movie releases.

Wait...never.

I'll wait for Silent Hill. Which is sad considering I HATE the games.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 10:06 PM #12 of 19
Originally Posted by Yamamanama
This reminds me of a movie reviewed on SomethingAwful.

How To Make A Monster
Wow, did you even read the rest of the thread? Like how half of the posts above mentioned this movie before you?

How ya doing, buddy?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:49 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 11:49 PM #13 of 19
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Just a bunch of stupid people standing around saying "OMG if we die in the game then we die in real life!" Newsflash: Stop playing the game, dipshits!
Logic and Horror-movies rarely meet for lunch, let alone go on a date. Of course, there have been a FEW exceptions, but I can't think of any.

I was speaking idiomatically.
DBCE Slayer
Witness the POWER!!!

Member 779

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 02:03 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 09:03 PM #14 of 19
I knew that this movie was gonna suck a bit. I never really had a good feeling for this movie. It looked stupid anyway.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Contracts
Chocobo

Member 1639

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:35 PM #15 of 19
Ahh, I was like it might be a decent movie heard more and more about it and it's sounded more like shit. Basically from what i've seen it's simply just shit. The story line especially...

FELIPE NO
wakarukaya
Carob Nut

Member 582

Level 5.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 03:48 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 01:48 AM #16 of 19
I thought it was pretty hilarious at times. Aside from the B-movie qualities, the movie was just really slow. In the beginning, it was pretty cool, but it just started getting pretty pointless. My friends thought the only redeeming quality were the hot girls, but I didn't think they were all that great. All in all, it sucked.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
taiga,
DRUNKARD

Member 1455

Level 8.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:40 AM #17 of 19
This was quite possibly the worst excuse for a movie, ever. The only reaction that the flick provoked in me was complete and utter laughter. Awful. Terrible. Also, how am I supposed to take Frankie Munez in an upside-down visor seriously?

Anyway, there were about 30 seconds of goodness in this entire film. All the main characters rush into a room believing that one of the others is dead. He's slumped over in a chair, and as they rush up to help him, it turns out he's just ripping a bong.

Most amazing jew boots
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:50 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 10:50 AM #18 of 19
really crappy movie really.. i didn't finish it but the 10mins i did watch was crap-tastic
they reffernce many horror games..totally killed the mood.
nardia is a way better watch this month

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Stay Alive: On Realism