Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Seal hunting
is barbaric and should be banned 9 34.62%
is a necessary evil 3 11.54%
is just plain hunting! 14 53.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

cuteness propaganda

Phoque le PQ
Présentement en ligne

Member 1886

Level 9.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2007, 11:42 AM 1 #1 of 16
cuteness propaganda

some of you may also know this as the "bambi syndrome".

As it is the case every year, animal rights freaks go on and cry about seal hunting. Their target: "blanchon" (white seal pup), whose hunting is forbiddent since... 1987. But fortunately this year, Brigitte Bardot is sick; one less bitch to defend them.

Let's get real. Native have been hunting seals for millenia, and europeans for centuries. Yes, red blood on white ice looks cruel. But tell me: why aren't people demonstrating in front of slaughter houses? I can't believe pigs and cows are having a more... human treatment.
And since there aren't many polar bears (one of its few predator) around southern Newfoundland and Magdalene Isles, they eat fish like crazy, which depletes the already low stocks

Protecting cuteness is very perverse: not so long ago - so have I read in a scientific vulgarisation magasine - eucalyptus forests were depleting quickly because koalas were overprotected. But the australian government refused to let hunters kill them...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Apr 17, 2007, 12:20 PM Local time: Apr 17, 2007, 07:20 PM 2 #2 of 16
But tell me: why aren't people demonstrating in front of slaughter houses?
They aren't?

Additional Spam:
Also, lol, did a seal kill your parents, or what.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of

Last edited by Aardark; Apr 17, 2007 at 12:21 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 09:14 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2007, 07:14 AM #3 of 16
His name has the word "seal" in it, which makes this even more bizarre.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
and Brandy does her best to understand
metavian
Carob Nut

Member 1717

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 09:34 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2007, 10:34 AM #4 of 16
Hunting seals, now theres a touchy subject. While I DO NOT support hunting baby animals of any sort, population control in a region where animal X has not natural predators or an insignificant number of predators it might be required to thin the heard. The targets of course would be the adult's of the species and those of them not carrying young. It's nice to protect what is cute.. but we also have to protect what we may come to rely on, such as the Fish Stocks. You could let nature work its course. Let them propogate until they eat the erea clean then watch them slowly die out due to starvation. Not exactly a pretty picture but that is how nature reballances a system. We have to learn to balance our need to protect the cute and the need of the eco system, of which we are apart of.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Check out this neat Media Player that I programmed
Jason's Media Player Version: 4.21

Looking for MP3's check out my site
Metavian's FTP
Phoque le PQ
Présentement en ligne

Member 1886

Level 9.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 01:03 PM #5 of 16
His name has the word "seal" in it, which makes this even more bizarre.
only because it sounds like fuck :P

Quote:
They aren't?
for my 24 years of life, I can't remember a single demonstration for that in Canada; they don't seem usual in the US either

Quote:
We have to learn to balance our need to protect the cute and the need of the eco system, of which we are apart of.
that's exactly what bardot and the others don't undersatnd...

I was speaking idiomatically.
chibilola
thats it

Member 568

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 06:19 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2007, 04:19 PM #6 of 16
I don't see people banning fishing where someone has said, fish are already low.
But also polution and other crap keeps population of other animals low.
plus you never really see anything good come out of overly protected things.
Especially children.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
metavian
Carob Nut

Member 1717

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 07:17 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 08:17 AM #7 of 16
Agreeded overprotection of anything isn't good. I mean think about it before we started 'protecting things' nature controlled it, and in most cases that aint pretty. Of course we have to protect what we have damaged, such as the species we are driving to extinction, but seal aren't. As for children we as a society have to learn to step back and let them learn from there mistakes, pain is an excellent teacher, but I am not saying go out and thrash you kid. I am saying let them be kids, let them fall off there bike and such, once they have done it they probably won't do it again.

FELIPE NO

Check out this neat Media Player that I programmed
Jason's Media Player Version: 4.21

Looking for MP3's check out my site
Metavian's FTP
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 04:45 PM #8 of 16
I don't know, "Happy Feet" made them look pretty scary. Major blow to seal humpers.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
crabman
NEWS!

Member 17465

Level 11.09

Dec 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 06:21 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 04:21 PM #9 of 16
Well the difference between seal hunting and slaughterhouses are that slaughterhouses provide a lot of jobs to poor neighborhoods. Of course there are accidents it's not uncommon for people to lose fingers or ears or eyes or other body parts. And I'm going to guess a lot of animal rights activists are going to be pretty affluent. So if a bunch of rich people rolled in to a slaughterhouse and said SHUT THIS PARTY DOWN! I think they are going to lose some body parts .

But i think it's mostly because most animal rights activists are retarded. Like they wanted to kill that baby polar bear because it was attached to humans. But they want to keep seals alive because... um... they aren't attached to humans??? i don't understand them.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Soooo, do I get points for being leet?
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2007, 09:32 AM Local time: May 14, 2007, 11:02 AM #10 of 16
It is for PETA's and GreenPeace's benefit that the hunt stays open, much of their income comes from donations to stop the hunt, it the hunt where to really stop, much of their donations would stop too. They are also using celeberites that only know how to use a checkbook as advocates.

I really do think that it is a cuteness factor, even though the seal pup are no longer hunted, they are still the poster child of anti-hunting. No one complains when we go for a moose or grouse hunt.

When it comes to the whole 'bloody barbaric' issue, the seals are cleaned on ice. as Danny Williams said to Paul McCartney on Larry King Live, 'if you place white sheets on the floors of a slaughter-house, you are going to see blood'

My uncle and I would skin our seals on the beach, you don't see the blood as clearly as you would on the ice, but it's still there.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The_Melomane
Go forth and become a happy cabbage

Member 20147

Level 17.46

Feb 2007

Old May 14, 2007, 10:31 AM Local time: May 14, 2007, 09:31 AM #11 of 16
Are we eating the seals?
I've never gotten hunting stuff if you're not gonna eat it.
So, unless I'm hearing, "Baby seals, it's what's for dinner!"
I'm gonna say hunting is sort of stupid.
(Not that I have anything against it, I just think if you're gonna hunt it, it better be on the dinner table at some point.)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Chibi Neko

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2007, 10:45 AM Local time: May 14, 2007, 12:15 PM #12 of 16
Are we eating the seals?
I've never gotten hunting stuff if you're not gonna eat it.
So, unless I'm hearing, "Baby seals, it's what's for dinner!"
I'm gonna say hunting is sort of stupid.
(Not that I have anything against it, I just think if you're gonna hunt it, it better be on the dinner table at some point.)
Sure do. (not babies though, they are banned)
it's an acquired taste though, I was never really into seal meat, but I know people who love it! The seal is not waisted, both the pelt and meat are sold, many fishermen keep some of the meat themselves to eat or sell to locals.

To this day if you go to a small outpost community, you will see people gather at the warfs with money looking to buy seal flippers from the fishermen for seal-flipper pie.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
xiaowei
Bear Leisure

Member 792

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2007, 10:55 AM #13 of 16
There's some argument that cuteness is some sort of survival mechanism, but I'm not sure that I believe it.

I'm going to be honest, why club baby seals? Why not older seals, especially fertile males and females. I mean, it's easier to handle on the psyche when you're beating to death something that has at least finished half their expected lifespan. Maybe if the hunters made a promise to not to beat baby seals, but doubled their efforts to kill adult seals in secret. I'd be down.

I don't think that the seals are depleting fish stocks as much as we are though. No statistics, but I just doubt that seals are the reason why we're running out fish. More like we want to eat more fish and fish are dumb and easy to catch.

Koalas are also hard ass bitches and bite people. They aren't really that cute either.

But this:

I was speaking idiomatically.
blue
blue

Member 6459

Level 22.39

May 2006

Old May 14, 2007, 11:04 AM #14 of 16
I don't think you should be too hard on them... Human beings have a natural instinct toward protecting what is "cute" and "young." They've done a buncha studies on these sorts of things, of course... What makes people become instinctively protective around babies, etc. A lot of it has to do with the roundness of the face and the big eyes. And look at that big-eyed baby seal, awwwww.

On another note, I'm not sure I understand why they have to use clubs to kill these animals--any idea? Can't they just shoot them or inject them with something? It seems more humane...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Chibi Neko

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2007, 11:07 AM Local time: May 14, 2007, 12:37 PM #15 of 16
I'm going to be honest, why club baby seals? Why not older seals, especially fertile males and females.
We do kill the older seals, the babies where banned since 1987, which is why the argument that cuteness is some sort of survival mechanism can be correct in a way, these white coats are cute, and everyone was out to put a ban on them, and it worked, we can no longer kill baby seals, and the fur industry for the white-coats is just about dead.

Killing baby seals is a popular misconseption kept alive by all the outdated images of hunters killing them that animal rights radicals put up on walls.

Additional Spam:
On another note, I'm not sure I understand why they have to use clubs to kill these animals--any idea? Can't they just shoot them or inject them with something? It seems more humane...
The reason why we can't just inject the seals with anything is because they are dangerous animals, they are really not as tame as you think. If you get close to a seal on the ice, they will snap at you. Shooting them with darts would be tricky too, because it takes some time for the suff to take effect, if the seal dives into the water beforehand, they will drown.

90% of the seals we catch are done by guns, but that has recentlly come under attack because unless you shoot the seal in the head, it is not going to be a instant kill, the seal will bleed to death.

The clubbing is really called a Hakaipak (i think that is how it's spelled) it's like a bat with a nail at the end, the idea is to puncture the brain for a instant kill and keep the pelt in good condition. It looks brutal, but it's actually the quickest and humane way to kill a seal. It's the same as cows in slaughter houses with a nail punctureing their brains.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Chibi Neko; May 14, 2007 at 11:14 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old May 14, 2007, 04:38 PM Local time: May 14, 2007, 01:38 PM #16 of 16
Yeah I think you're right and that baby seals are too cute to be hunted because it's heartless and they're nothing they're getting out of it and it's just for sport so it's like why are they doing that? I don't really think that it should be banned though I just think that whoever does it next should be put in jail or maybe an eye for an eye and they get killed and see if they like it because the seals don't know they're doing anything wrong when the hunters kill them.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > cuteness propaganda