Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Working outside... you like?
Yes 14 63.64%
NO 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Working outdoors

Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 02:05 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 12:05 AM #1 of 16
Working outdoors

Summer has finally hit in my region and so I've finally broken that winter snarl and lightened up. The thing is, I spend most of my day working in front of a computer so I'm not getting outside as much as I want to.

If I had it my way, I would buy a laptop and spend all day at the (fake) beach that's 10 minutes out of town and work there. It's a nice place with trees, hills, water and boats. I would still like to be outside even if it meant working the land on a nearby farm. I've talked to some of my friends about whether or not they would do the same thing, and I was kinda shocked that they wouldn't. I guess I'm just an outdoorsy person. Would you rather work outside than indoors?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chaser
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 7842

Level 1.86

Jun 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 06:39 AM #2 of 16
I typically like working outside, despite the heat (heat index is like 95 here). I do some landscaping for my ex-girlfriends sister on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and working at a motorcycle dealership has me outside on the used lot quite a bit. It's hot, but at least its easy to tan out there >.>

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 07:25 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 08:55 AM #3 of 16
I actually enjoy working outdoors, a little bit of fresh air does the body good. The majority of my jobs have been mostly indoors, and they really haven't involved much physical work.

I know it can be a good feeling to be sitting most of the day while getting paid for it, but I actually find if you keep yourself busy it makes the day go by a little bit faster. One of my most enjoyable jobs and it was actually the most physical demanding job I ever had was working with the forestry and wildlife division for my province for an entire summer.

That job involved a lot of hiking, removing roadkill, conducting utilization surveys, surveying forest cutovers with a GPS, and assisting with extinguishing forest fires. You would do this job in every kind of weather imagineable, it was physically demanding but also rewarding as well working in the great outdoors. During that summer, I gained quite a lot of muscle strength and lost quite a bit of weight.

Besides, when your body aches from working all day in the outdoors, one of the best feelings is having a really cold beer after a hard days work especially on a warm summer day from a physical demanding job.

Most amazing jew boots
The Burniator
Banned

Member 7974

Level 7.02

Jun 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 07:37 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 06:37 AM #4 of 16
Outside. Just yesterday I was pulling up weeds, cutting the grass, sweeping off the trampoline, picking up sticks, but afterwards the neighbors invited us over to swim so I get wet while I was all sweaty and nasty.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 07:55 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 07:55 PM #5 of 16
I had psychology test years ago. I had the lowest score for working outdoor. Yeah, everyone own their field of expertise.

Most amazing jew boots
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
grendelrt
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5980

Level 3.20

Apr 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 07:58 AM #6 of 16
I used to HVAC work. Which required me to be outdoors, under houses and in attics. There were far fewer days that I was outside and went wow this is nice than there were days I was stuck somewhere hot, cold, or wet mumbling to myself, this blows.

I did that for about a year, then I got my desk job working in my field. I do not miss the outdoors lol. Now this could be just in my situation because of the type of work I was doing.

Edit: I do not mind working on my yard though, but I thought this thread was targetted more towards your main job, not recreational. I love the outdoors =) Spend most of my off time outside.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by grendelrt; Jun 6, 2006 at 08:00 AM.
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:07 AM #7 of 16
I'm used to working indoors. If I had to work outdoors, I would spend more time hiding under stuff than actually doing my work. The weather is slowing going outside of my "comfort zone" (between 50 and 75), so I have a tendency to seek out shade to stay cool.

FELIPE NO
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:10 AM #8 of 16
I can not stand working outdoors in the middle of summer when the humidity is fucking RIDICULOUS and you can hardly breathe air. But in the spring and fall, I couldn't be happier to be out there, mowing the lawn, laying down mulch, weeding out the flower beds or even working on the truck car.

Fall is probably my favorite, though. You go out there, rake leaves, and then come inside and have a nice warm cup of apple cider fresh from the farm down the road. It's like the end of the oppressive heat and you can just lay back and enjoy the sweet smells fall brings.

SUCH A HIPPIE. ;_;

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
starslight
if you want blood

Member 275

Level 17.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:14 AM #9 of 16
I'm not much of an outdoors person, but as far as work goes I'd rather be a roofer than a sales associate.

Most amazing jew boots
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:35 AM #10 of 16
I would not like to work outdoors since I would probably be thirsty or complaining about the heat all the time. Plus, the kinds of jobs that I am geared towards involve anything but physical labour.

I wouldn't mind working outdoors, provided that it is sort of a patio/balcony/front yard setting, meaning I would have to bring a laptop or something outside in order to keep true to the kinds of jobs I can do. Although, I would be too distracted by the inconvenience of not having an unlimited laptop battery, or fetching drinks/food inside once in a while.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 04:36 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 02:36 PM #11 of 16
I'll take my laptop or homework out to the deck or balcony to get some work done. Just need a comfy chair and cold drinks, and I'm good to go. But I usually just stay inside.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 04:41 PM #12 of 16
If you're going to work with big pieces of machinery, on a hill, and for a long period of time (an hour or more), wear a pair of jeans.

I was mowing my lawn some weeks ago and the grass was slippery from a previous rainy day. I had just prepared my mower for an onslaught vs the lawn just when I slipped on some sputtered grass. The mower was pulled back into a rocketship launch position and I habitually landed on my knee. Guess what, ouch. Scrapped my knee on the pavement next to the lawn and boom, there was blood, there was a smokey lawn mower from being tipped back like it had been.

Wear jeans, you might risk damaging them, but you save yourself a lot of minor physical harm.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Atomic Duck
Bunny Eat World!

Member 1407

Level 8.46

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 04:56 PM #13 of 16
I like working outdoors, I just don't like the type of work that's ussually done outdoors xp

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 05:02 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 05:02 PM #14 of 16
Only in good weather. If it's what it is now (95F+ degree weather, or 34C+), then there's no way you can entice me to stay 10 minutes outdoors.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 05:27 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 02:27 PM #15 of 16
I usually enjoy staying outside during spring when the weather in my area isn't too hot or too windy. I prefer studying outside while on campus, but since our semester ends during the second week of May when the weather starts getting better, I don't have anything to do outside for too long.

FELIPE NO
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 05:42 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 05:42 PM #16 of 16
I love the outdoors, and I often find myself reading at the park and walking around the block. However, as soon as the temperature reaches over 90 degrees and it starts getting too humid, you'll have to pry me from the doorframe to get me outside. Either that, or there must be a good reason for leaving the house.

With that being said, I'd rather work outdoors, as long as the weather isn't too harsh.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by elwe; Jun 6, 2006 at 06:14 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Working outdoors