Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Would/did anyone here ever get plastic/cosmetic surgery?

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 02:40 AM #1 of 11
Would/did anyone here ever get plastic/cosmetic surgery?

I was watching an HBO special the other night, that was about disasters in plastic surgery. It was pretty messed up. One girl got liposuction(which may or may not be plastic surgery, but I didn't write the show) and she got so bad that feces was getting sucked up into her stomach. They operated on her and other complications led to a long hospital stay in a bed which ultimately led to her getting gangrene and getting both legs amputated.

I guess all surgery has it's complications, but the thing here is it is ELECTIVE surgery. People are so insecure about themselves sometimes, that they do unnecessary expensive surgery which can lead to life-changing problems.

So my question is, has anyone here gotten plastic/cosmetic surgery, and for the people who haven't would you ever get it done?

I'd never get it done. I wouldn't even think about doing it.

Most amazing jew boots
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
devilmaycry
Chocobo

Member 4461

Level 13.07

Apr 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 03:33 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 08:33 AM #2 of 11
Well try to survive a fire on a gasoline station and then I'll tell you that you are doing a elective surgery just because you're insecure about yourself 'K?

To awnser your dumb question, yes I would since I don't feel like becoming a monster should anything go wrong and we know a lot of things can go wrong.
Infact I've done one, very small, to my chin to remove a ...ball of something that developed inside the chin after I fell twice over it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 06:26 AM #3 of 11
Originally Posted by ArrowHead
What devilmaycry said.
Great post. Contribute more in the future plz. K thx.

I'm not sure if I would. I guess if I was really rich I might consider a tweak or two, but probably not. I have no glaring physical defects and I think that I look pretty good, so probably not.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Koneko
Procrastinating Artist Extraordinaire

Member 1046

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:30 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 09:30 AM #4 of 11
I think I'd only get (major) plastic surgery if I was disfigured somehow, like from a fire or car accident, what have you...

This doesn't count in my mind, but a plastic surgeon removed a keloid (scar that keeps growing) from the back of my right ear when I was 14 or so. The whole thing had been caused by me wearing my earrings too tightly (I was afraid of losing them).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:37 AM #5 of 11
I am pretty anti-plastic surgery for purely cosmetic of insecurity issues. Even stomache-stapling and the like are kind of unecessary if you ask me.

Unless you're horribly disfigured (and I am not talking about how your nose is crooked, you fucks) or you need to have reconstructive surgery after an accident or something horrible, I see NO REASON why a person needs to go through with this shit.

It's a bunch of expensive CRAP for assholes who have nothing better to do with their time, money, or ego.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:43 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 10:43 AM #6 of 11
Children born with terrible physical defects and victims of severe burns are not what I'd classify as recieving 'elective' plastic surgery. Such cosmetic surgery is acknowledged as being important for the patient's mental health.

Cosmetic surgery for vanity reasons alone? No. You're old. Deal with it. Shooting poison into your face and twisting your mouth into a frozen mask of hollow denial just brings into focus your vapid insecurities and complete absence of character.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:17 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 11:17 AM #7 of 11
Originally Posted by Monkey King
Cosmetic surgery for vanity reasons alone? No. You're old. Deal with it. Shooting poison into your face and twisting your mouth into a frozen mask of hollow denial just brings into focus your vapid insecurities and complete absence of character.
They should write that in T-shirts, seriously.

Anyway, as everyone else, I feel that cosmetic surgery is good only when the lack of action would lead to a patient losing his/her mind. Otherwise, it's just a way to show that your mind is weak.

How ya doing, buddy?
Vibrate
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 01:15 PM #8 of 11
The only time plastic/cosmestic surgery is acceptable in my eyes is if it's needed for the following or something like it:

- horrible car or other accidents
- freak accidents (like the monkey that attacked his owners)
- birth defects (obvious ones)
- health conditions

Anything after that is taking your life into your own hands.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
kouri
*sighhh*

Member 2025

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 08:44 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 11:44 AM #9 of 11
Yeh I guess the real question would still be pointing to those who technically have absolutely no problem (no deforms no accidents no anything) with their faces and what not and still go for surgery..

Yeh I agree. What a waste of money.
Okay maybe not, maybe they're rich.

But ....... everyone is becoming... fake. Thats just not right. People who are naturally pretty are standing against those who are 'made' pretty. That is just weird

There was an article recently in sydney newspaper about asians particularly getting surgery to make their eyes into 'almond with double layered eyelids' more commonly found on non-asians. And surgeons get about 4-6 a week. Now that's a lot and thats freaky and again. Its fake.

They had an example. She wasn't even ugly. For god's sake, wtf. Are people really that shallow these days?
If everyone goes and gets surgery then everyone's going to pretty. Wow. But again that's just wrong.

On the otherhand, if you do look from their perspective, and perhaps they are really really really ugly then... well I guess its hard to tell.

Most amazing jew boots
Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 09:08 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 08:08 PM #10 of 11
When I was going through middle school, I really wanted to get rhinoplasty. I broke my nose when I was ten and, after having it realigned, I developed the "nose bump" that some people who break their noses get. It really got to me as a kid when other kids asked me, "What's wrong with your nose?"

However, when I got older, I found a very practical use for my bump: It keeps my glasses from sliding down my nose.

Seriously, though, I would never consider getting any sort of plastic surgery now, not even rhinoplasty to fix my funny nose. I find it disgusting that people spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on plastic surgery. Instead of giving in to their "vapid insecurities and complete absence of character," as Monkey King put it, they should do something useful with their cash.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Adara; Jun 19, 2006 at 09:13 PM.
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 09:12 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 07:12 PM #11 of 11
Originally Posted by kouri
There was an article recently in sydney newspaper about asians particularly getting surgery to make their eyes into 'almond with double layered eyelids' more commonly found on non-asians. And surgeons get about 4-6 a week. Now that's a lot and thats freaky and again. Its fake.
Eh, my mom always wanted me to get a double eyelid. I remember since I was a kid, she told me I was getting it so I've known what it was called since I can remember, but never knew what it was until I was 16 and she announced one day I had an appointment with a plastic surgeon. I didn't get it done, I've been postponing it for a while but every so often, my mom has tried to sabotage me and drag me in for a consulation.

There's not much that I want to change that a haircut and a better diet with more exercise wouldn't fix. But if I was to become ridiculously rich and famous, I might get my nose done. Although noses are ugly by default anyways so I'm not sure how I would even begin to fix it.

Oh and I'd laser off my unwanted hairs. No more shaving kths.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Would/did anyone here ever get plastic/cosmetic surgery?