Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2010, 02:14 PM #1876 of 1941
Yeah, it's working for me now.

The new stuff looks really cool. I just wish I had a character slot for something new. Oh well~

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2010, 03:30 PM #1877 of 1941
Professions changes and updates for Cataclyms (also Beta starting really soon according to a Blue)

While the Cataclysm updates to many of the professions are still deep in development, we wanted to share some of the work that's been going on, as well as a high-level look at any lessons learned or changes to their underlying philosophies during the design process. Please be aware that not all professions have the same extent of information available right now, but each is receiving the same love and attention as the next.

Take heed of these teasers as you look forward to your new rank of Illustrious Grand Master!

Please enjoy!

General

* Perks will continue to exist across all professions, and will upgraded appropriately.

Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, and Tailoring

* Many of the green (and possibly some blue) items made during the process of leveling these professions will contain random stats. In most examples, two stats on these items will be set, and two will be random. The idea with these items is to mix up the skill leveling items so you're not just, for example, creating 10 pairs of boots that are all exactly the same.
* Superior-quality items that require more materials than other recipes in the same skill range provide multiple skill-ups. For example, if a recipe takes three times the reagents, it will give you three skill-ups.
* We didn't feel like we were getting much flexibility from specializations, so they have been removed for all three of these professions. The intent was to help people diversify their profession to feel different from that of other players, but through other professions we've found systems that work better to this end, such as simply making recipes available that you can earn over time.
* To follow up the previous change, all items that required a specialization are now useable by anyone.
* Tailoring the high-end Cataclysm items will center around a single cloth type that can be crafted through five different recipes -- each with their own material components and a long cooldown.
* All three professions will create their starter sets of PVP gear, which will be upgraded with new recipes every season. In general, these are meant to keep pace as an entry-level PvP set below whatever the current Hero Point set is.

Alchemy

* New elixirs will be about 75% as strong as flasks. So you can get more total stat points with two elixirs, but flasks will still be the best at giving you a single offensive or defensive stat.
* New unique material used by nearly all high-level recipes will be created by alchemists on a one-day cooldown.
* New Mysterious Potion created with common materials restores health and mana in a massively random range, as well as sometimes granting the benefit of another potion. The health and mana range is from 1-20,000 and is able to crit. The minimum amount restored, however, is scaled upwards by the Alchemy skill, making it a great choice for alchemists to keep for themselves.
* All potions and elixirs now use the same basic vial type. Flasks still use a fancy vial.
* New Alchemist Stone.

Enchanting
In general, material component costs for most recipes are more moderate in how much they require, while the highest-end recipes will still require large quantities. The goal of this change is to make the leveling recipes more consistent and not create unintended roadblocks in getting to the higher skill levels.
An enchanter vanity pet is being added.

New Cataclysm weapon enchantment preview:

* Avalanche -- Chance to deal Nature damage on melee hit/spell hit.
* Elemental Slayer -- As expected, this enchantment helps players deal devastating damage to elemental creatures.
* Hurricane -- A stacking haste proc.
* Heartsong -- Mana regeneration through increased Spirit when chain-casting spells.
* Many more maximum-level enchantments are still in progress.

Engineering

* Engineering is still being designed, but expect new unpredictable gadgets to use on yourself or enemies. Toys, explosives, and even a new vanity pet or two. Oh, and powerful mechanical bows and crossbows in addition to guns.
* In general, we want Engineering to remain a tradeskill mainly focused on creating fun or useful gadgets for the engineer, but we are exploring options for items that can be sold to other players for profit.

* With the large number of class changes coming with Cataclysm, many existing glyphs will see new functionality.
* Minor glyphs are woefully uneven from one class to the next right now, so they're a focus for us to clean them up and try to ensure that everyone has minor glyphs they're excited about.
* New Darkmoon Cards will be added, with hopes they'll all be as awesome as the Greatness card.
* We'll be adding more major glyphs as well, but in the hopes of making them as balanced as possible, we'll likely wait until after the expansion ships to add any for the new abilities in Cataclysm.
* New and more desirable off-hand and relic recipes will be added.

Jewelcrafting

* Some gem colors have changed! Hit is now blue. Mastery and Dodge are yellow. Intellect is now red. These simple changes have created a much more diverse matrix of gem cuts.
* New Jewelcrafting dailies will be introduced.
* Many cuts are being added to support the new Mastery stat.
* Some new Cataclysm jewelry recipes have completely random properties, and can sometimes create superior and epic versions.
* Jewelcrafters will have some fun new (and potentially lucrative) vanity items, including fist weapons, rhinestone sunglasses, monocles, and stardust (sprinkle on players for entertainment).

Herbalism, Skinning, and Mining

* All Cataclysm herbs have the chance of containing Volatile Life.
* There won't be a new Lotus equivalent in Cataclysm. Alchemists will use the more reliably-found Volatile Life to create the new high level flasks.

Herb Example:

* "Heartblossom -- Named for its deep red color, this delicate flower grows close to the ground, and always in pairs. If one blossom is taken, the other flower begins to wilt immediately and dies soon after. It is considered very unlucky to disturb a Heartblossom without blessing it first."
* Savage Leather, the basic Cataclysm leather, can be gathered from most creatures found in the expansion areas and can be converted to Heavy Savage Leather at a 6:1 rate.
* Pristine Hide, the rare Cataclysm hide, can be found when skinning creatures in the expansion areas, or be converted from Heavy Savage Leather.
* Obsidian is the new common mineral found when mining in Cataclysm, and can contain gems, Volatile Fire, and Volatile Shadow.
* Elementium is the new uncommon mineral found when mining in Cataclysm, and can contain gems, Volatile Fire, Volatile Water, or Volatile Earth.
* Pyrite is the new rare mineral found when mining in Cataclysm, and can contain gems and Volatile Fire.
* Previous Elementium Ore and Bar used for classic quests will be renamed to Elementium Ingot and Hardened Elementium Bar.
* We like the gathering perks as they are; not a game-changing bonus but something themed and fun. But as all tradeskills are in the design stages these are still being discussed to a degree.

Cooking

* Cooking is still in the early stages, but we plan on continuing with daily quests, feasts, and some fun new recipes.
* We liked the cooking dailies that had players picking up items that spawned in the world near the quest giver, so most if not all new cooking dailies will work similarly.

First Aid

* Bandages will have a short cast time and put a heal over time effect on the target for 8 seconds. This effect is broken by damage.
* Three new bandages! That's right: THREE!

Bandage preview:

* "Dense Embersilk Bandage" Heals for 34,800 over 8 seconds. Requires 3 Embersilk to create.

Fishing

* Lots of new fish and other fun items to catch! Fish are still used to make premium food.
* New fishing dailies.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2010, 10:34 AM #1878 of 1941
Quote:
* Minor glyphs are woefully uneven from one class to the next right now, so they're a focus for us to clean them up and try to ensure that everyone has minor glyphs they're excited about.
Ah man, I will miss 5 yard increase on pick pocket!!

Quote:
Dense Embersilk Bandage" Heals for 34,800 over 8 seconds. Requires 3 Embersilk to create.
It is shit like this that I quit so long ago. going from 5800 to 34k? how much more casual are they going to make this game ffs. on top of that it is now a heal over time, yes it will still be removed when you get hit, but you dont have to do the math to see the overpowered use that can have in arena if you are a rogue or standing out of line of sight.

The developers have been making so many stupid decisions since the end of TBC it is unfucking believable. Badge of triumph from heroics? Tier 9 from heroics? and I read the thing about next expansion 10 man and 25 man having the same loot table, wow thats just ridiculous. They arent even hiding the fact that they are catering to the casuals who play this game 3 hours a week anymore. It can make me so angry!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
MoonChild
Syklis Green

Member 4579

Level 8.12

Apr 2006

Old May 14, 2010, 10:59 AM Local time: May 14, 2010, 05:59 PM #1879 of 1941

The developers have been making so many stupid decisions since the end of TBC it is unfucking believable. Badge of triumph from heroics? Tier 9 from heroics? and I read the thing about next expansion 10 man and 25 man having the same loot table, wow thats just ridiculous. They arent even hiding the fact that they are catering to the casuals who play this game 3 hours a week anymore. It can make me so angry!
Makes me wonder how well it acutally goes for Blizzard when speaking of WoW. Are they loosing players?

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2010, 11:12 AM #1880 of 1941

It is shit like this that I quit so long ago. going from 5800 to 34k? how much more casual are they going to make this game ffs. on top of that it is now a heal over time, yes it will still be removed when you get hit, but you dont have to do the math to see the overpowered use that can have in arena if you are a rogue or standing out of line of sight.

It is hit or miss with me. On one hand I'm glad I don't have to be in some uber top end guild to see the end stuff, on the other it opened the floodgates for retarded "mandatory" addons like Gearscore and assholes who think because they die one time or there is just one wipe, the entire group sucks and they drop.

But you can blame a huge chunk of these changes on Activision, since it's about the time when they swallowed up Blizzard, all these "casual" changes are being made.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2010, 08:21 PM #1881 of 1941

I for one like the loot change for 10 man. Now me and my closest friends wont feel obligated to run a 25 man guild(Drama, constant quitters, new recruits all the time, gearing new people, teaching new people)to get all the best loot and achievements. Just have our drunken 10 man challenge/fun without worrying about the other 15 people we don't know as well.

The health has doubled every expansion hasn't it? I don't know if it makes it more casual since it's all relative. What I do know is it makes soloing old content very possible and fun. The new bandages seem perfect for raiding since they are currently nearly pointless. But definitely overpowered for pvp. 34,800 healed probably means 70k - 100k health pool.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2010, 10:06 PM #1882 of 1941
Oh, I have no doubt that it is Activision that is pulling the strings, they have been for at least very start of WotLK. I also agree that it probably means they lost quite a few players over the years, but of course they would never announce such things.

Gearscore is one of the examples yes. Maybe im nostalgic here, but 25 man raids should never have been puggable with a bunch of retards, and man I have seen some retards in those pugs before I quit. There have been so many gamebreaking changes over the years that made the game so easy, that I finally just quit because of it. I got tired of walking in Dalaran and seeing everyone with the same gear. Hell, the hunter I made out of boredom had full epics 245 level gear in 2 weeks after dinging 80. I rest my case.

Dont get me wrong I can see the appeal for a small bunch of friends with the 10 man change, but thats not why they did it. They did it because according to them, the 25 man raiders were double dipping in 10 mans too, THAT is a load of crap.
Seeing as how fucking patheticly easy the 25 mans are these days they could have EASILY pugged the 25 mans themselfs. I mean I dont know how puggable Icecrown is, but I pugged up to Trial of the Crusader on one of my alts, and managed to clear it with the biggest bunch of idiots you ever saw, so I dont think that was a valid excuse to put this change in.

More importantly, this change is even worse then when they changed 40 man raids to 25 mans, because lets face it, why would you want to do 25 man raids when you can just do 10 man raids? I dont see the benefits of 25 mans with this change.

My friends keep nagging me to come back to WoW, but honestly, I quit like 5 times now, but this time its final. I just dont like what WoW has turned into. Remember Star Wars Galaxies? That is what's happening.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:18 AM #1883 of 1941
Bumping this for music and character changes and whatnot.

Beta has started since the last post made. With this patch, they introduced the new zone music. With every zone getting updated and unique music. Here's just a few.

Tanaris
Spoiler:

Dark Ironforge

Spoiler:

Silithus

Spoiler:

and the Log-in Screen music:

Spoiler:

And here are some recent class changes made with this patch (all stuff still isn't final since it's still in Beta, obviously. But we can still mope and whine about how they're shitty.)

Death Knight (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Unholy

* Dirge now procs from Plague Strike, Blood Strike, and Icy Touch. (Old - Festering Strike, Plague Strike and Scourge Strike)
* Morbidity no longer reduces the cooldown of Death and Decay and increases its damage by 10/20/30% instead.

Druid (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Balance

* Soothe Animal is now named Soothe - Soothes the target, dispelling all enrage effects.

Feral

* Frenzied Regeneration now Increases maximum health by 30%, increases health to 30% (if below that value), and converts up to 10 rage per second into health for 20 sec. Each point of rage is converted into 3% of max health.
* Bash no longer interrupts spellcasting for 3 sec.
* Enrage now increases physical damage taken by 10% instead of reducing base armor.
* Survival Instincts now Reduces all damage taken by 60% for 12 sec. Only useable while in Bear Form or Cat Form. Instant, 5 min cooldown
* Heart of the Wild now increases your maximum mana by 5/10/15% instead of increasing your Intellect by 2/4/6%.

Restoration

* Master Shapeshifter bonus increased from 2% to 4% for all forms.
* Furor now gives you a 33/66/100% (up from 20/40/60%) chance to gain 10 rage when you shapeshift into Bear form and you keep up to 33/66/100 (up from 20/40/60) of your Energy when you shapeshift into Cat Form. Now increases your total Intellect by 2/4/6%. (Old - Only increased in Moonkin form)
* Naturalist is back as a Tier 2 Talent. Reduces the cast time of your Healing Touch and Nourish spells by 0.15/0.35/0.5 sec.

Hunter (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Beast Mastery

* Aspect of the Fox now allows you to shoot Steady Shot and Cobra Shot while moving and causes you to gain 2 Focus whenever you take damage. (Old - allows Auto-Shot while moving and increases focus regeneration by 20%)
* Kill Command now has a 100 yards range, your pet must be within 5 yards of the target to Kill Command.

Marksmanship

* Multi-Shot now costs 40 Focus, down from 60 Focus.

Survival

* Misdirection's transferred threat is no longer permanent and will fade after 30 sec.
* Thrill of the Hunt is now a Tier 4 talent, down from Tier 6.
* Noxious Stings is now a 2 Ranks talent, down from 3 Ranks. Increases your damage done on targets afflicted by your Serpent Sting by 5%. Increases your damage done on targets afflicted by your Serpent Sting by 5%. If Wyvern Sting is dispelled, the dispeller is also afflicted by Wyvern Sting lasting 25/50% of the duration remaining.
* Hunting Party now also triggers a 20% ranged and melee attack speed buff.
* Point of No Escape is now a Rank 2 talent, down from Rank 4.
* Serpent Spread *New* (Tier 6) - Targets hit by your Multi-Shot are also afflicted by your Serpent Sting equal to 50% of its total duration.

Mage (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Arcane

* Mana Shield now has a 12 sec cooldown, up from 10 sec.
* Portal: Tol Barad - Creates a portal, teleporting level 85+ group members that use it to Tol Barad. / 18% of base mana, 10 yd range, 10 sec cast, 1 min cooldown, Reagents: Rune of Portals
* Teleport: Tol Barad - Teleports the caster to Tol Barad. / 8% of base mana, 10 sec cast, Reagents: Rune of Teleportation
* Improved Polymorph's effect cannot occur more often than once every 10 sec.

Fire

* Frostfire Bolt now slows the target by 40% (up from 20%) for 9 sec but no longer deals additional Frostfire damage over that duration. Cast time changed to 2.5 sec, down from 3 sec.
* Pyroblast damage has been increased by 5%.
* Fireball damage has been increased by 15%. No longer deals additional damage over 4 sec.
* Improved Flamestrike revamped - Reduces the casting time of your Flamestrike spell by 50/100% and gives you a 50/100% chance that your Blast Wave spell will also automatically Flamestrike the same location if two or more targets are affected by the Blast Wave.
* Hot Streak no longer affects Pyroblast.
* Cauterize now burns you for 12% of your maximum health every 1.5 sec (up from 1 sec) over 6 sec (up from 4 sec).
* Blast Wave now slows the targets by 70%. (Down from 75%)
* Molten Shields now reduces the global cooldown of Mage Ward by 1 sec. (Down from 1.5 sec)
* Impact now has a 5/10% chance (up from 4/7%) to cause the next Fire Blast you cast to stun the target for 2 sec and spread any Fire damage over time effects to nearby enemy targets within 12 yards.
* Improved Fire Blast now increases the critical strike chance of your Fire Blast spell by 4/8% instead of reducing its cooldown.

Frost

* Fingers of Frost has a 10/20/30% chance to proc (up from 5/10/15%) and now also affects Frostfire Bolt. Can now accumulate up to 2 charges of Finger of Frost instead of giving you 2 from the beginning.
* Improved Freeze now has a chance to grant 2 charges of Fingers of Frost.

Paladin (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Holy

* Divine Light now has a 3 sec cast time. Up from 2.5 sec.
* Seal of Insight now has a chance to restore 4% of the paladin's maximum mana. (Old - Unknown value)
* Consecration now costs 55% of base mana, up from 22% of base mana.
* Sense Undead is gone.
* Seal of Righteousness additional Holy Damage reduced by 50%.
* Light of Dawn now consumes all Holy Power to increase healing by 10% per application.
* Blessed Life revamped - All attacks against you have a 50/100% chance to cause you to generate Holy Power. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 seconds.
* Improved Concentration Aura is now a 2 ranks talents, down from 3 ranks. Increases effect of Concentration Aura by 8/15% and reduces Silence and Interrupt effects by 15/30%.
* Divine Favor revamped - Increases your spell casting haste by 20% and spell critical chance by 20% for 20 sec. / Instant, 3 min cooldown
* Enlightened Judgements revamped - Your Judgement instantly heals you for [970 to 1081] / [1940 to 2162].
* Clarity of Purpose now reduces casting time by 0.15/0.35/0.5 sec. (Up from 0.1/0.2/0.3 sec)

Protection

* Avenger's Shield is now Protection's primary skill. Cooldown lowered from 30 to 24 sec.
* Divine Shield can now be used with Avenging Wrath.
* Hand of Reckoning no longer deals damage if the target isn't attacking you.
* Hammer of Justice no longer interrupts spellcasting for 3 sec.
* Shield of the Templar now reduces the cooldown of Avenger's Shield by 3/6/9 sec. (Down from 3/7/10 sec)
* Sacred Duty revamped - Your Judgements have a 25/50% chance of making your next Shield of the Righteous a critical strike. Lasts 15 sec.
* Vindication revamped - Your Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous have a 50/100% chance to reduce physical damage done by targets by 5/10% for 10 sec.
* Shield of the Righteous revamped - Slam the target with your shield, causing Holy damage. Consumes all applications of Holy Power to determine damage dealt:
1 Holy Power: 20% Attack Power
2 Holy Power: 60% Attack Power
3 Holy Power: 120% Attack Power / 6% of base mana, 5 yd range, Instant cast
* Guarded by the Light now increases your Word of Glory by 30/60% when used on yourself. (Up from 20/40%)
* Holy Shield is now a Tier 5 talent, up from Tier 4. Revamped - Using Shield of the Righteous or Inquisition increases your block chance by 15% for 20 sec.
* Grand Crusader now also procs from Hammer of the Righteous.
* Hallowed Ground now decreases Consecration's mana cost by 40/80%.
* Hammer of the Righteous revamped - Hammer the current target for 40% weapon damage, causing a wave of light that hits all targets within 0 yards for 1061 to 1407 Holy damage. Grants a charge of Holy Power.
* Wrath of the Lightbringer now also affect your Judgement and Hammer of Wrath spells.

Retribution

* Judgement of Vengeance is now named Judgement of Truth.
* Seal of Truth now deals 16% weapon damage when it's stacked to 5 times. (Down from 33%)
* Crusader Strike now has a 4.5 sec cooldown. (Up from 4 sec)
* Inquiry of Faith now increases the damage done by Seal of Truth by 10/20/30% (Down from 20/40/60%) and now also increases the duration of Inquisition by 50/100/150%.
* Seals of Command now deals 7% weapon damage, down from 15%.
* Divine Purpose revamped - The following attacks have a 20% chance to generate Holy Power: Judgement, Exorcism, Templar's Verdict, Divine Storm, Inquisition, Holy Wrath
* The Art of War now has a 10/20/30% chance to proc (up from 5/10/15%) but the effect cannot be triggered while Exorcism is on cooldown.
* Divine Storm now deals 22/74/150% weapon damage depending on your Holy Power. (Up from 22/50/90%)
* Improved Crusader Strike is gone, replaced with Sanctity of Battle (NYI) - Haste effects lower the cooldown of your Crusader Strike.
* Improved Judgement is now a Tier 1 talent, down from Tier 2. Now increases the range of your Judgement by 10/20 yards instead of increasing its damage.
* Conviction is gone.
* Eye for an Eye now has a 20/40% chance to proc from magic attacks. (Old - 5/10% chance from all attacks)
* Rule of Law is now a Tier 2 talent, up from Tier 1.
* Long Arm of the Law *new* (Tier 3) - Your Judgement has a 50/100% chance to increase your movement speed by 30% for 4 sec when used on targets at or further than 15 yards from you.
* Eternal Glory *new* (Tier 2) - Your Word of Glory has a 20/40% chance not to consume Holy Power.

Priest (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Discipline

* Focused Will now reduces all damage taken by 3/4% (up from 2/3%) and increases healing on you by 4/5% (up from 3/4%) after taking a critical hit. Can now stack with Blessed Resilience.
* Grace now also affects Heal.
* Archangel now also increases your frost damage when used as Dark Archangel (Shadowform).
* Twin Disciplines now increases damage and healing done by instant spells and the damage absorbed by Power Word: Shield by 2/4/6%. (Up from 1/2/3%)

Holy

* Chakra is now a Tier 5 (Down from Tier 6) and 2 Ranks (Down from 3 Ranks) talent. Revamped - When activated, your next Heal, Renew, Prayer of Healing or Smite spell will put you into a corresponding Chakra state. Lasts for 30 sec. Heal - Increases the critical effect chance of your Heal spell by 10%, and your Heal refreshes the duration of your Renew on the target. Renew - Increases the healing done by your Renew spell by 10%, and reduces the global cooldown of your Renew spell by .5 sec. Prayer of Healing - Increases the healing done by your area of effect spells by 10% and reduces the cooldown of your Circle of Healing by 2 sec. Smite - Increases your total damage done by Shadow and Holy spells by 15%. 6% of base mana, Instant cast, 1 min cooldown
* Test of Faith is now a Tier 6 talent, up from Tier 5.
* Lightwell is now a Tier 3 talent, down from Tier 5.
* Spirit of Redemption is now a Tier 3 talent, down from Tier 4. No longer increases total Spirit by 5%.
* Holy Concentration is now a 2 Ranks talent (down from 3 Ranks) and now increases mana regeneration from spirit by 10/20%. (Up from 5/10/15%)
* Divine Touch is now a 2 Ranks talent, down from 3 Ranks.
* Deliverance (Tier 3) is now named Serendipity (Tier 4). When you heal with Binding Heal or Flash Heal, the cast time of your next Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing spell is reduced by 6/12% (Up from 3/6/9%). Stacks up to 3 times. Lasts 20 sec.
* Improved Holy Nova is gone.
* Improved Healing is now a 2 Ranks talent, down from 3 Ranks.
* Inspiration is now a 2 Ranks talent, down from 3 Ranks. Now reduces your target's physical damage taken by 5/10%. (Up from 3/7/10%)
* Divine Fury now reduces cast time by 0.15/0.35/0.5 sec. (Up from 0.1/0.2/0.3 sec)
* State of Mind *New* (Tier 6) - Your successful Heal, Renew, Prayer of Healing or Smite spell casts increase the duration of your corresponding Chakra state by 4 sec. Passive.
* Heavenly Voice added as a Tier 5 Talent. Your Divine Hymn also heals you for 12/20% of your total health during its duration, and the channel time of your Hymn of Hope is reduced by 10/20%.
* Blessed Resilience added as a Tier 5 Talent. Critical hits made against you have a 30/60% chance to prevent you from being critically hit again for 6 sec.
* Desperate Prayer is no longer a skill and is back as a Tier 2 talent.

Shadow

* Mind Spike revamped - Blasts the target for 1082.81 to 1144.05 Shadowfrost damage, and increases the critical strike chance of your next Mind Blast on the target by 30%. Stacks up to 3 times.
* Shadow Word: Death cooldown changed to 10 sec, down from 12 sec. Damage increased by 10%.
* Mind Flay now deals damage over 3 sec, down from 5 sec.
* Vampiric Touch no longer deals damage if dispelled.
* Twisted Faith is now a Tier 2 (Down from Tier 5) 2-Ranks (Down from 3 Ranks) Talent. Revamped - Increases your chance to hit with shadow spells by 1/2%, and grants you spell hit rating equal to 50/100% of any Spirit gained from items or effects.
* Mind Melt now stacks up to 2 Times. (Down from 3)
* Empowered Shadow Orbs is now named Harnessed Shadows.
* Improved Mind Blast now gives your Mind Blast a 33/66/100% (up from 20/40/60%) chance to reduce all healing done to the target by 25% for 10 sec.
* Improved Devouring Plague is now a 2 Ranks talent, down from 3 Ranks. Revamped - Your Devouring Plague instantly deals damage equal to 15/30% of its total periodic effect.
* Paralysis *New* (Tier 5) - When you critically hit with your Mind Blast, you cause the target to be unable to move for 2/4 sec.

Rogue (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Assassination

* Cold Blood no increases the critical strike chance of your next non-periodic offensive ability by 100%.

Combat

* Sprint now lasts 8 sec and has a 1 min cooldown. (Old - 15 sec, 3 min cooldown)
* Lightning Reflexes now increases your attack speed by 2/4/6%.

Subtlety

* Tricks of the Trade's transferred threat is no longer permanent and will fade after 30 sec.
* Blind now costs 15 Energy, down from 30 Energy. 15 yards range, up from 10 yards.
* Sap now costs 35 Energy, down from 65 Energy. 10 yards range, up from 5 yards.
* Enveloping Shadows is now a Tier 3 talent, down from Tier 4.
* Dirty Tricks is gone.
* Energetic Recovery *New* - Empowers your Recuperate ability, causing its periodic effect to also restore 4/8/12 Energy.

Shaman (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Elemental

* Magma Totem now costs 18% of base mana, down from 27%.
* Lava Burst damage has been increased by 25%.

Restoration

* Totem of Tranquil Mind *New* - Summons a Totem of Tranquil Mind with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 5 min, causing party or raid members within 30 yards to lose 0% less casting or channeling time when damaged. (Value NYI, Concentration Aura)

Enhancement

* Maelstrom Weapon now also reduces the mana cost of the spell.

Warlock (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Demonology

* Seed of Corruption Soulburn effect - Your Seed of Corruption detonation effect will afflict Corruption on all enemy targets. The Soul Shard will be refunded if the detonation is successful.
* Create Soulstone now resurrects with 30% health (down from 60%) and 30% mana.
* Soulburn now has a 45 sec cooldown, up from 30 sec.
* Nemesis no longer reduces the cooldown of Fel Domination, now reduces the cooldown of Soulburn.

Warrior (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Arms

* Colossus Smash now allows all your attacks to entirely bypass the enemy armor for 6 sec. (Old - Just Mortal Srike, Heroic Strike, Bloodthirst, and Overpower)
* Endless Rage is now passive.
* Battle Stance revamped - A balanced combat stance. Increases damage done by 5%. Decreases damage taken by 5%.
* Strike *New* - A simple strike that deals 50% weapon damage. Use once you have sufficient rage. / 20 Rage, 5 yd range, Instant, 3 sec cooldown
* Drums of War no longer reduces the rage cost of Hamstring. Changed to 1-Rank (down from 2-Ranks) and now reduces rage cost of your Shield Bash, Pummel, and any shouts which cost rage by 50%.
* War Academy now also affects Cleave.

Fury

* Berserker Stance revamped - An aggressive combat stance. Increases damage done by 10%. / Instant, 1 sec cooldown
* Cleave no longer has the ability to consume up to 20 additional rage to deal more damage. Now costs 30 rage (up from 10) and deals the maximum amount of damage. Cooldown changed to 3 sec, apparently shared with Heroic Strike.
* Single-Minded Fury no longer affects Cleave.
* Bloodsurge now has a 7/14/20% chance to proc, 6 sec internal cooldown removed.
* Enrage now lasts 9 sec, up from 4 sec.
* Impending Victory now procs from Devastate instead of Shield Slam. Proc chance reduced to 25/50%. (From 50/100%)

Protection

* Defensive Stance revamped - A defensive combat stance. Decreases damage taken by 10%. Increases threat generated by 45%.
* Gag Order is now a Rank 2 talent, down from Rank 4.
* Improved Revenge is now a Rank 4 talent, up from Rank 2.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:01 AM #1884 of 1941
Oh hey. People still play this game that aren't me. Amazing!

I seriously think they need to update the character models for some races. Human males specifically since they still look so god damn dumb. I mean, hell, they updated the druid shape-shift forms. Meh--whatever.

And that NE moon priestess chick needs a new model. For her to be a boss, you sure as fuck wouldn't know.

Most amazing jew boots
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2010, 02:32 PM #1885 of 1941
Bumping this for music and character changes and whatnot.

Beta has started since the last post made. With this patch, they introduced the new zone music. With every zone getting updated and unique music. Here's just a few.

Ohh nice find dagget. I'm waiting eagerly for these to come out, I didn't know they had. No one talks about the music on the regular beta watch channels =/

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2010, 05:06 PM #1886 of 1941
Ohh nice find dagget. I'm waiting eagerly for these to come out, I didn't know they had. No one talks about the music on the regular beta watch channels =/
No prob! I'm trying to download as many as I can before Blizzard decides it wants to take them down, but the mp3 converter I use it having some serious bandwidth ganking. I managed to get a handful of them though, will probably try later tonight and then see if I can't upload these myself for people here.

There hasn't been too much of the new music I haven't enjoyed yet, maybe a track here or there. For the most part though, the composers have really outdone themselves and I really like the fact each zone is getting unique music.

Also, all major NPCs are getting an overhaul in graphics:

Spoiler tag for picture length
Spoiler:

as well as Thrall:
Spoiler:

That's just who's been touched up so far. Probably the rest are coming soon.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2010, 06:27 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2010, 04:27 PM 1 #1887 of 1941
I quit back in May-ish so I don't really care too much about the minor class adjustments at the moment. Heck, I don't even know if I'm going to come back to the game when Cataclysm comes out or not.

However, that new log-in screen music is nothing short of FANTASTIC.

Spoiler:

"Sup dawg, we heard you liked Sylvanas's shapely figure so we put it on every single female npc so you can be looking at her body while you're looking at her body"

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:36 PM #1888 of 1941
To be quite honest, I'm not sure how much longer I'll play. My drive was killed back in April when the guild I was in broke apart due to faggotry. Just really meandered here and there, even cancelling my subscription for about a month before renewing when Beta went live. (not on beta, but wanted a chance to be).

I'll play around with Cataclysm, but if I don't find an awesome guild environment I had before, I'm probably done for good and just look up private server info to make a local wow server for the house and my friends.

Been finding more music too, it's pretty fucking epic. Gnomeregan's theme after the Gnomes take it back, sounds a bit more festive and happy!

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:18 PM #1889 of 1941
I really can't see WoW lasting much longer due to Blizzard's other games. A bunch of people left for SC2 when that came out. I assume a ton more will leave when D3 comes out. Cause, I mean, as awesome as it is to kill things with friends in a casual environment, it's way more fucking fun to annihilate shit like you're a god--with an option for friends.

Of course, I doubt Blizzard is all that butthurt over it at all. "Oh no! They left our game for another game we make~!"

Might be a different tune when Old Republic comes out, though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
slessman
phone on a rock

Member 35117

Level 6.05

Jan 2010

Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:56 AM #1890 of 1941
I think that WoW will persist. I think Blizzard's new game will have parts of WoW that work really well, but I think the new game will be completely different. I think enough diehard fans of WoW will result in it staying open. This is not to say that people won't jump ship, because they will, but at the same time there are many people who would refuse to just start over on a completely different game after making all their progress on World of Warcraft.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:59 AM #1891 of 1941
4.0.1 being pre patched in past couple of weeks. first part was 1.5 gig, this next "stage" is totaling out about 4 gigs. on PTR it was 15 gig. bleh. Looks like the release date may be early November for Cata.

Been reading the beta forums (no invite yet again, oh wells) and the dungeons are apparently challenging and no longer "face roll easy" that they ended up being in LK. Which is always a plus in my eyes.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2010, 03:51 PM #1892 of 1941
Bumping for Cinematic released.

Cataclysm Cinematic Intro

Boo-kun
boo u

Member 311

Level 20.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2010, 04:30 PM Local time: Oct 17, 2010, 11:30 PM #1893 of 1941
He mad.

Also tier11 is quite good, except so-so shaman, warrior and rogue. Warlock set is godawful.

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2010, 02:44 AM #1894 of 1941
I started playing my rogue again. Paladins kinda suck now. Granted, even though they fixed some of the issues the day after the patch I still feel nerfed and ineffective. It might balance out come 85, but for now, fuck it.

A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2010, 02:55 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2010, 02:55 AM #1895 of 1941
From what I've seen there's been less bitching about Paladins being underpowered now especially after the damage boost and more just people not liking the mix of waiting on procs with unbuffable frequency and a combo point system. Too much unrelated stuff going on at once and the position of the holy power bar is less than ideal so you can never quite pay attention to what's happening in front of you because your eyes are having to dart to too many places.

But fuck it ret's still better than it was back in the day.

FELIPE NO
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2010, 03:05 AM #1896 of 1941
Yeah, that's true. I leveled my paladin through 60, and then to 70 as holy. That was some painful, boring shit. I guess I was just spoiled by leveling to 80 and being an unstoppable juggernaut of death for a while.

And I definitely agree with the positioning of the holy power. Fuck if I ever know what's going on. I still think the first-come/first-serve rotation worked just fine. Ugh, and my inability to cleanse magic now is a real downer.

Really not enjoying this game how I used to, but maybe the expansion will change that. I plan on making a Worgen rogue or something.

Lyth
God of Ruin

Member 406

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2010, 04:13 AM #1897 of 1941
Anyone by any chance a Druid tank? If so, perhaps someone can give me a few pointers on the new Bear Tanking, because my ability to generate AoE threat is completely gone.

Not able to tank on my druid just yet, my pally confuses the hell out of me what with this newfangled holy-power, and they made a bunch of changes to my affliction lock, so now I have to respec dest just to be able to DPS >_<

How ya doing, buddy?

I am not a clever pony...
Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:16 PM #1898 of 1941
World of Warcraft Client Patch 4.0.3a

The latest patch notes can always be found at World of Warcraft Europe -> Patch Notes - Patch 4.0.1 - 4.0.3

The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/un...testrealm.html

The Shattering of Azeroth
In the frigid wastes of Northrend, the final battle against the merciless Lich King ended in victory for Azeroth's defenders. Upon returning home, veterans of the unforgiving conflict against the Scourge were showered with praise for their valiant sacrifices, while the honorable dead were mourned. Yet as hope flared anew in the wake of the Lich King's fall, Azeroth's native elemental spirits grew confused and erratic, setting off a series of deadly natural disasters. Horde and Alliance leaders scrambled for clues about the troubling state of the world, but nothing could have prepared them for what was to come.

Without warning, the corrupted Dragon Aspect, Deathwing, erupted from the stone heart of Deepholm, the domain of earth within the Elemental Plane. Jagged fissures were torn across the earth, and monstrous waves pummeled coastal regions. From Thousand Needles to the Blasted Lands, the surface of Azeroth was reforged through violent upheavals. Now, the Horde and the Alliance must defend their homes against Deathwing and his minions, burdened by the unsettling fact that the world as they know it has changed... forever.

Azeroth Shattered
Deathwing's return has had an immeasurable impact throughout the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Players will notice drastically altered terrain, thousands of new quests from levels 1-55, and updated level ranges for some zones to improve the questing flow.

New Race/Class Combinations
In the wake of a world on the brink of destruction, members of the Horde and Alliance have taken to new cultures and studies, mastering crafts previously foreign to them. Many existing playable races now have new class combinations. Check the official World of Warcraft: Cataclysm website for a breakdown of the new combinations.

General

* The World of Warcraft: Cataclysm cinematic trailer and login screen have been added to the game.
* Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 has been reduced by 20%, which increases leveling rate by 25%.

Classes: General

* Due to several talent revisions for select classes, druids, paladins, priests, and shaman have had their talent trees reset.
* The damage and healing done by players from levels 1-79 has been retuned, with the base points of almost all spells and abilities reduced. This was done to bring combat times at low levels to a more reasonable length. For most abilities that deal weapon damage, the weapon damage percent now rises per level until level 80, and starts at a lower percent.
* Healing Rain, Efflorescence, Holy Radiance, Holy Word: Sanctuary now have a diminished effect when healing more than 6 players at once.
* Mortal Strike, Furious Attacks, Wound Poison, Widow Venom, Permafrost, Improved Mind Blast, Monstrous Bite, and Legion Strike now reduce healing by 10%, down from 25%.
* Effects which are broken from taking too much damage (Fear, Frost Nova, Entangling Roots, etc.) now break automatically from about half as much damage taken as before.

Death Knight

* Death Pact now heals for 25% of maximum health, down from 40%.
* Death Strike now heals for 25% of damage taken in the last 5 seconds, down from 30%, and will heal for a minimum of 7% of maximum health, down from 10%. The tooltip may not yet be updated to reflect this change.
* Icebound Fortitude now provides 20% damage reduction, down from 30% (now 50%, down from 60% when talented), and has a 3-minute cooldown, up from 2 minutes.

Blood
o Rune Tap now heals for 10% of maximum health, down from 15%. The tooltip may not yet be updated to reflect this change.

Glyphs
o Glyph of Rune Tap now heals for 5% of maximum health, down from 10%.

Bug Fixes
o Frost Fever critical strikes now apply the correct amount of bonus damage.

Druid

* Bear Form now provides 10% bonus health, down from 20%.
* Nourish no longer consumes Omen of Clarity.
* Rejuvenation has had its mana cost increased by 30%.
* Soothe now has a 1.5-second cast time.
* Swipe (Cat Form) can now be used even if the druid does not have a primary target selected.
* Thorns: beginner tooltip revised to no longer imply the spell could be kept up at all times. In addition, Thorns damage has been reduced by 60%.

Balance
o PvP set bonus redesigned. While not in an Eclipse state, critical attacks against the druid restore 5 Solar or 7 Lunar energy, whichever is more beneficial. This effect can only occur once every 6 seconds.

Feral
o Brutal Impact now increases the mana cost of spells on the victim by 5/10% for 10 seconds, down from 15/30%.
o Leader of the Pack now heals for 4%, down from 8%.
o Survival Instincts now provides 50% damage reduction, down from 60%, and its cooldown has been lowered from 5 minutes to 3 minutes.
o Swipe (Bear Form) damage has been reduced by 20%.
o Vengeance is no longer cleared on exiting Bear Form, and instead is cleared upon entering Cat Form.

Restoration
o Empowered Touch now procs from Healing Touch as well as Nourish.
Heart of the Wild: the Bear Form Stamina bonus from this talent is now 2/4/6%, down from 3/7/10%.
o Malfurion's Gift no longer has Fury of Stormrage as a prerequisite talent.
o Natural Shapeshifter now also increases Tree of Life duration by 5/10 seconds.
o Revitalize is now a 2-point talent, down from 3. It provides a 20% chance to return 1/2% of the druid's total mana on periodic heals from Lifebloom or Rejuvenation. This effect cannot occur more than once every 12 seconds.
o Swift Rejuvenation is now a 1-point talent, down from 2. The global cooldown reduction this talent provides to Rejuvenation remains 0.5 seconds.
o Symbiosis: heal-over-time spells (Rejuvenation, Regrowth, Lifebloom) can no longer benefit from this Mastery merely by refreshing themselves. A different heal-over-time spell must be present.

Glyphs
o Glyph of Healing Touch now reduces the cooldown on Nature's Swiftness by 10 seconds after using Healing Touch, up from 5 seconds.
o Glyph of the Treant (new) allows druids to keep the original treant Tree of Life look... if they must. Must they?

Bug Fixes
o Blood in the Water now refreshes Rip to the correct value.
o Flight Form now properly appears in the trainer window before Expert Riding is learned.

Hunter

* All special attacks based on weapon damage (except Scattershot) are now normalized.
* Scare Beast is now available at level 36, up from level 14, and has had its training cost updated.
* Deterrence is now available at level 78, up from level 36, and has had its training cost updated.
* Disengage is now available at level 14, down from level 78, and has had its training cost updated.

Glyphs
o The level requirements for glyphs that affect Scare Beast, Deterrence, and Disengage have been altered to correspond with the level changes of these abilities.

Bug Fixes
o The Core Hound pet ability Ancient Hysteria now places its own unique debuff on affected players that has the same effect as Sated and Exhaustion.
o Certain pets should no longer forget how to Dash.

Mage

* Arcane Blast now increases damage of the next Arcane Blast by 10% per stack, down from 20%, reduces cast time by 0.1 seconds per stack, and increases the mana cost by 150%, down from 175%. In addition, the base cast time of Arcane Blast has been lowered to 2.35 seconds.
* Arcane Explosion now costs 15% of base mana, down from 18%.
* Arcane Missiles damage has been increased by 5%.
* PvP set 4-piece bonus changed to increase damage by 5% instead of providing 5% Haste.

Arcane
o Arcane Barrage damage has been increased by 5% and its cooldown is now 4 seconds, down from 5 seconds.
o Arcane Concentration: Now has a much higher chance (13/27/40%) of entering a Clearcasting state. This effect cannot occur more than once every 15 seconds. The tooltip still states that there is a 3/6/10% chance, as it averages out to approximately the same chance with the internal cooldown applied.
o Arcane Specialization again increases arcane damage by 25%.

Fire
o Blazing Speed no longer dispels movement slowing effects (it still dispels effects that totally stop movement).
o Fire Specialization again increases periodic fire damage effects by 25%.
o Molten Shields now also causes Blazing Speed to dispel movement slowing effects in addition to its current functionality.
o Pyroblast base mana cost is now 17%, down from 22%.

Frost
o Deep Freeze: the cooldown on this ability is no longer reduced by Haste.
o Early Frost now reduces Frostbolt cast time by 0.3/0.6 seconds, down from 0.35/0.70 seconds.
o Fingers of Frost proc chance is now 7/14/20%, down from 10/20/30%.
o Frost Specialization again increases all damage against frozen target by 25%.
o Reactive Barrier is now triggered by any damage which causes the mage's health to be below 50%, even if the mage was already below 50%.
o Shatter now also increases Frostbolt damage by 10/20% against frozen targets.
o Shattered Barrier duration is now 2/4 seconds, down from 3/6 seconds.
Glyphs
o Glyph of Evocation now heals for 40%, down from 60%.
o Glyph of Deep Freeze now increases damage done by Deep Freeze by 20% (no longer increases Frostbolt damage against Deep Frozen targets).

Bug Fixes
o Improved Polymorph now correctly shares diminishing returns with controlled stuns.

Paladin

* Exorcism damage has been increased by approximately 50%.
* Holy Radiance now has reduced effectiveness on targets over 8 yards away from the paladin.
* Seal of Truth: periodic damage from Censure reduced by 25%.

Holy
o Beacon of Light now lasts 5 minutes, up from 60 seconds.
o Blessed Life: the effects of this talent cannot occur more than once every 8 seconds, up from every 2 seconds.
o Illuminated Healing absorb shield now absorbs 10% of the total amount healed, up from 8%. Each point of Mastery increases the effect by an additional 1.25%, up from 1%.
o Light of dawn has been redesigned. It no longer has an enforced cooldown, now costs Holy Power instead of mana, and scale in direct proportion to the amount of Holy Power used. In addition it now heals the 5 most injured group targets (including self) in a 30-yard frontal cone.
o Protector of the Innocent no longer triggers from self-heals.

Protection
o Divine Bulwark now grants 2.25% less block chance per point of Mastery, up from 2%.
o Holy shield no longer increases chance to block. Instead, it increases the amount blocked by an additional 10%, for a total of 40% damage blocked.
o Shield of the Righteous: Contribution of attack power halved (now 60% with full Holy Power) and base damage brought up so that a level 85 paladin in Heroic dungeon gear deals the same damage with no Vengeance, but Vengeance has less impact.
o Shield of the Templar now reduces the cooldown of Guardian of Ancient Kings by 40/80/120 seconds, down from 1/2/3 minutes.
o Wrath of the Lightbringer now increases Crusader Strike and Judgement damage by 50/100%, up from 30/60%.

Retribution
o Crusade now also has a proc on kill to increase the healing done by the paladin's next Holy Light by 100/200/300% for 15 seconds, in addition to its current effects.
o Divine Storm: This ability has been redesigned. It no longer consumes Holy Power and instead costs 5% of base mana. It shares a cooldown with Crusader Strike and hits all nearby enemies for 60% weapon damage.
o Pursuit of Justice now has an 8-second internal cooldown, shared with Blessed Life.
o Rebuke no longer initiates Auto Attack.
o Sanctity of Battle now also causes Divine Storm's cooldown to be reduced by Haste effects.
o Zealotry no longer consumes 3 Holy Power, but still requires 3 Holy Power to use.

Glyphs
o Glyph of Beacon of Light now makes Beacon of Light free, instead of increasing the duration by 30 seconds.
o Glyph of Divinity has been redesigned. It now grants the paladin 10% of maximum mana upon use.
o Glyph of Light of Dawn now increases the total number of most injured targets healed by 1.

Priest

* Binding Heal now provides roughly double the amount of healing.
* Prayer of Healing has had its mana cost reduced by nearly 30% and its base points and Spell Power coefficient increased by 20%.

Discipline
o Divine Aegis is now always triggered by Prayer of Healing in addition to critical heals from all other spells.
o Grace has been increased to 4/8% stacking 3 times, up from 2/4% stacking.
o Inner Focus now works with Binding Heal, but no longer works with Heal.
o Power Word: Barrier has been redesigned. It no longer acts as a shared absorb shield. Instead, all affected friendly targets take 30% reduced damage for the duration of the shield, which is now 10 seconds, down from 25 seconds.

Shadow
o Shadow Orbs: redesigned slightly. The Shadow Orbs continue to increase damage done by Mind Blast and Mind Spike and stack up to 3 times, but now when the priest casts Mind Blast or Mind Spike (consuming the orbs), the priest gains a 15-second duration buff (Empowered Shadow), which increases the damage done by all Shadow periodic spells. Empowered Shadow does not stack. Mastery increases the damage bonus of Shadow Orbs and Empowered Shadow by the same amount, 10% with the base 8 Mastery, and an additional 1.25% per Mastery.
o Vampiric Embrace healing to the caster has been reduced to 6%, down from 12% (there was a tooltip error which stated that the self-healing amount was 15%). Party members still receive 3% healing.

Bug Fixes
o Dark Archangel now correctly increases the damage done of certain abilities by 4%.

Rogue

* Deadly Poison base damage and attack power coefficient have been increased by 30%.
* Recuperate now restores 2% of maximum health, down from 3%.
* Venomous Wounds base damage and attack power coefficient have been increased by 30%.

Combat
o Aggression now increases damage of Sinister Strike, Backstab, and Eviscerate by 7/14/20%, up from 5/10/15%.
o Bandit's Guile now gives 10/20/30% increased damage as the rogue gains greater insight, up from 5/10/15%.

Subtlety
o Executioner no longer affects Recuperate.

Bug Fixes
o Bandit's Guile now applies more consistently to all of the abilities it's supposed to modify.
o Player guardians and temporary pets now stop attacking when a rogue uses Vanish, but city guards will not.

Shaman

* Chain Heal mana cost increased from 17% to 20% of base mana.
* Earthliving Weapon now only has 25% of its full chance to proc from a single hop of Chain Heal.

Elemental
o Elemental Reach now also increases Searing Totem range by 7/15 yards.
o Fulmination now has a Spell Alert visual associated with it, which appears when the shaman gets to 9 Lightning Shield charges.

Warlock

* Bane of Agony damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
* Bane of Doom damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
* Corruption damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
* Death Coil damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
* Drain Life damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
* Drain Soul damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
* Immolate damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
* Incinerate damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
* Rain of Fire damage has been increased to be more comparable to other area-of-effect abilities.
* Searing Pain damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
* Seed of Corruption damage has been reduced to be more comparable to other area-of-effect abilities.
* Shadowbolt damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
* Soul Fire damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.

Demonology
o Hand of Gul'dan damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.

Destruction
o Chaos Bolt damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
o Conflagrate damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
o Shadowburn damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.

Bug Fixes
o Drain Life: The Soulburn version of this was charging 17% of base mana instead of 12% like the normal version. This has been corrected.

Warrior

* Cleave damage has been reduced by approximately 17%.
* Execute damage has been reduced by approximately 17%.
* Heroic Strike damage has been reduced by approximately 17%.
* Overpower now does 125% weapon damage, down from 150%.
* Rend base damage has been reduced by approximately 17% and percent of weapon damage per tick lowered to 25%, from 30%.
* Shield Block now only increases block chance by 25%, but excess block that pushes avoidance plus block to over 100% is now converted to critical block chance.
* Slam now costs 15 rage, down from 20, and now does 125% weapon damage, down from 150%.
* Victory Rush damage has been reduced by approximately 17%.
* Whirlwind now does 65% weapon damage, down from 75%.

Arms
o Mortal Strike now does 150% weapon damage, down from 185%.
o Second Wind now heals for 2/5% of total health, down from 5/10%.
o Strikes of Opportunity now does 100% weapon damage, down from 115%.

Fury
o Blood Craze now heals for 1/2/3% of total health, down from 2.5/5/7.5%.
o Bloodthirst damage has been reduced by approximately 17%.
o Raging Blow now does 110% weapon damage, down from 150%.
o Unshackled Fury now gains approximately 50% more benefit per point of Mastery.

Protection
o Critical Block now grants an equal amount of block chance and critical block chance (1.5% each per point of Mastery).
o Devastate no longer provides bonus threat.
o Shield Slam: Contribution of attack power reduced to 60%, down from 75%, and base damage brought up so that a level 85 warrior in Heroic dungeon gear deals the same damage with no Vengeance, but Vengeance has less impact. In addition, Shield Slam no longer generates 30% bonus threat from its damage.
o Vigilance no longer provides 3% damage reduction, but still refreshes Taunt and provides Vengeance.

Glyphs
o Glyph of Bloody Healing increases the healing received from Bloodthirst by 40%, down from 100%.
o Glyph of Intimidating Shout no longer causes targets to flee slowly, but roots them instead.
o Glyph of Shield Wall increases damage reduction to 60%, but increases the cooldown from 2 minutes to 4 minutes (talented).

Bug Fixes
o Taste for Blood should once again proc on every other tick of Rend.

Achievements

* The Gladiator reward mounts now award Master Riding.
* What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been now awards Master Riding.

Items

* Mysterious Egg now takes only 3 days to turn into a Cracked Egg and has a slightly greater chance of awarding the Reins of the Green Proto-Drake.
* PvP set bonuses now provide 70 of stats such as Agility, Intellect, and Strength (down from 100) at 2 pieces, and 180 of these stats (down from 300) at 4 pieces.

Professions

* Perfect Gem Cutting and Mixology have been removed as trainable skills and are instead passives profession abilities. When players reach the appropriate skill levels, they will start getting bonuses from Mixology (they must know the recipe to gain the benefit) and/or cutting perfect gems (depending on their profession, of course).

Alchemy
o Alchemy recipes now require Crystal Vials. Deathwing broke all the others because he's mean (or because he didn't want alchemists to carry 5 different vials around with them).

Engineering
o The Engineering Tinkering enchants will no longer provide their bonus stats, but the activated effects will stack with other enchants. In 4.0.1 the stats were there (but hidden) and are now removed.

Bug Fixes
o Several epic gem transmutes that were missing from the trainer have been added back.

Bug Fixes

* Certain area-of-effect abilities are no longer ignoring the area-of-effect damage cap.
* Mobs and NPCs should no longer appear to randomly gain or lose health during combat.
* Re-summoning pets in Battlegrounds should no longer count towards a player's total healing done.

Known Issues

* Some tooltips may not reflect the most recent changes to certain abilities.
* Worgen hunters are currently unable to learn Dual Wield.
* The achievement Explore Tol Barad will not be possible to complete upon release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

How ya doing, buddy?

Lyth
God of Ruin

Member 406

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:19 PM #1899 of 1941
Annnnnndddd locks got nerfed... Wonderful. But once again, mages are hardly touched negatively compared to other classes... What a surprise.

Looks like I have a reason to play my Priest more though

I am not a clever pony...
A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:29 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2010, 01:29 PM #1900 of 1941
I don't think I'll be happy with a patch until they admit that this whole Holy Power thing for paladins is a bust and remove it. It's functional enough but it's really not adding anything over the old system and just feels like a half assed rogue mechanic tacked on to a class that was already having to watch a fair number of procs.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft