Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Bioshock Infinite

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:06 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2010, 08:06 AM #1 of 10
Bioshock Infinite

Yet another sequel to the insanely brilliant Bioshock is in the works and set to be released on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. Article here. No official release date yet.

TRAILER

Personally, even though I really loved Bioshock 2, I never thought the first game needed a sequel. It stood very well on its own and, even though there was a feeling of "this mission isn't finished", I still think the game stands as one of the best stories ever told in a game, so I'm a bit skeptical about how this one is going to turn out. As good as Bioshock 2 was, it was nowhere near as atmospheric and well-paced as the original and it seems changing the location to a floating city just feels wrong to me. Don't get me wrong, I love the look and all, but this doesn't really feel like Bioshock to me anymore; it feels like Eternal Arcadia: The First Person Shooter.

How ya doing, buddy?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:09 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2010, 06:09 PM #2 of 10
I never thought the first game needed a sequel.
This is basically what stopped me even trying Bioshock 2, it just seems so unnecessary. This, however, does peak my interest and I'll be keeping an eye out for it as it progresses. Colour me cautiously optimistic.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2010, 06:33 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2010, 04:33 PM #3 of 10
Oh my, that trailer is, dare I say, Gorgeous. The setting alone makes me want to play this. I <3 Steampunk stuff and seeing lesser-exposed eras of american history being covered in games. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this.

Also Paco, this feels more like, a "what-if" sort of scenario, which I think is highly appropriate for a video game to explore, especially given the interactive nature of games.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:43 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2010, 08:43 PM 1 #4 of 10
I honestly thought Bioshock 2 was better then Bioshock 1 in everyway except for a few things:

1. The awe of your first rapture experience and getting to know the world in Bioshock couldn't be duplicated. The atmosphere was just insane. The atmosphere was certainly there in 2, we just had experienced it before.

2. The story was almost as good as 1, but I have to give the nod to the first game because of the slightly cooler characters you run into and the big big twists.

Everything else Bioshock 2 improved upon.

Encephalon mentioning Skies of Arcadia is all good to me. I honestly didn't think of that, but it's probably my first or second favorite game ever, so no problem here of SoA with first person shooting =p

The trailer was cool and interesting, but it didn't blow me away at all. We still have two years to wait and it's not like Irrational Games will make a bad game. It will most likely be brilliant. My bet is Irrational wanted it to be the next shock game, but 2k wouldn't allow the Bioshock name to leave the title due to worries over profit.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2010, 09:06 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2010, 08:06 PM 2 #5 of 10
I honestly thought Bioshock 2 was better then Bioshock 1 in everyway
Yes, but if the painful years of your posting on these boards have taught us anything, it's that you have what can only be called negataste, wherein your taste is a dark shadow of everything good. In fact, one could say it was fucking terrible.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2010, 09:33 PM #6 of 10
Originally Posted by Encephalon
Don't get me wrong, I love the look and all, but this doesn't really feel like Bioshock to me anymore; it feels like Eternal Arcadia: The First Person Shooter.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

I've yet to try Bioshock 2, and am in no hurry to do so, but this game had me as soon as I heard about the location. I'm a complete sucker for floating cities and airships.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:36 AM #7 of 10
Well you should probably play 2 first before you start jumping at the heels to play another one so you can see just how fast they're running out of the magic.

Not that 2 was bad, but at the end of the day you certainly had to ask yourself if the sequel was really necessary. The answer of course, is no. It was definitely fun while it lasted (oh dear lord bouncer rushing), but it felt like it was skipping that line between legitimate sequel and cheap cash-in just a little too close for comfort.

tl;dr; why the fuck are they making another one

FELIPE NO

#654: Braixen
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2010, 10:02 PM #8 of 10
Bioshock Infinite 10 Minute Demo

lookin great.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2011, 03:26 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2011, 01:26 AM #9 of 10
Bringin' this thread back to unwanted life like its name is Jesus Christ!

For those of you interested, GT.TV released a special clocking in at about 20 mins. with 15 minutes of new gameplay footage. I'm really liking the way this is shaping up to look now! It may not feel like the original Bioshock but maybe that's a good thing.

Full special here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 8, 2011, 03:38 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2011, 10:38 AM #10 of 10
That is an excellent thing.

I really didn't like the first Bioshock, it just didn't click for me. So I skipped 2 because it seemed more of the same, only with even more babysitting and enemy waves until you're numb.

And because I am essentially outside the Bioshock love circle, it's been very difficult to get hyped about whatever's been shown about Infinite so far.

This E3 demo changed that, as the pacing and focus look so different. I have no idea how smoothly the final product will play, there is a danger of something like that airship battle degenerating into you going around in loops on the skyline, trying to spot where you're supposed to go next.

But the demonstration itself looked really, really impressive and I am a little bit hopeful I will love this one, this time.

EDIT:
They've posted the 15-minute demonstration without all the GTTV stuff in the way as well now:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...nfinite/717145

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Jul 8, 2011 at 06:11 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Bioshock Infinite