Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Suikoden Club v...8

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 12:17 AM 1 #1 of 69
Suikoden Club v...8

Yes, keeping the tradition alive....Every new crash gave us a new number, so why shouldn't a server move?

This, of course, is the thread to discuss Suikoden. With the next-gen consoles running around, we can speculate about the future of this series.

And the last question of the previous thread was this:

Does anyone think Konami will release a Suikoden spinoff for the PSP?

Personally, I doubt it--unless they decide to cut the Stars of Destiny down to a manageable number for the hand-held.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 07:36 AM Local time: May 10, 2007, 01:36 PM #2 of 69
The PSP handles Breath of Fire 3 just fine and that fit on the same size disc as S1 and 2 originally so there's no reason why a full fledged Suikoden game wouldn't see the light of day. I'm not sure what benefit there'd be to a portable version though, other than being able to play it on the train. Suikoden has always been about the story and is very much a one person experience so the online capabilities of the PSP would be pretty redundant.

If there was going to be an extension of the Suikoden series on PSP, I'd like to see a more spin-off approach, maybe following some of the more popular characters after one of the games. Following Viktor and Flik between 1 and 2 maybe? There's plenty of ambiguity in the end of game stories for each character which leaves lots of scope for character development in a new game.

I can't believe this thread is up to version 8 already. I wonder whatever happened to Runemaster Jeanne and Dragonmaster Don from the first few versions of the thread?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 07:44 AM #3 of 69
I would like to see a spin off on the psp (it would give me a good reason to get one, but I was thinking about having vicky as the star.

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 12:09 PM Local time: May 10, 2007, 11:09 AM #4 of 69
If the new incarnation of Suikoden is as good as V, I may just have to buy a ps 3 (assuming it will wind up there).

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 06:16 PM #5 of 69
If the new incarnation of Suikoden is as good as V, I may just have to buy a ps 3 (assuming it will wind up there).
I hope so, but if not it would be another reason for me to get a x box 360 (this and ace combat 6 would be the only reasons I need.)

How ya doing, buddy?
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 01:47 AM #6 of 69
The PSP handles Breath of Fire 3 just fine and that fit on the same size disc as S1 and 2 originally so there's no reason why a full fledged Suikoden game wouldn't see the light of day. I'm not sure what benefit there'd be to a portable version though, other than being able to play it on the train. Suikoden has always been about the story and is very much a one person experience so the online capabilities of the PSP would be pretty redundant.
I didn't know that. I usually don't play hand-helds, so I forget that some of them have great capabilities.

Quote:
If there was going to be an extension of the Suikoden series on PSP, I'd like to see a more spin-off approach, maybe following some of the more popular characters after one of the games. Following Viktor and Flik between 1 and 2 maybe? There's plenty of ambiguity in the end of game stories for each character which leaves lots of scope for character development in a new game.
I thought about this after I posted, and I agree with you. What did they go through between 1 and 2? How did they get out of the castle?!

Or Ted's adventures until 1.

But, I like the idea of Viki as the main character. Maybe then we'd learn more about her.

Quote:
I can't believe this thread is up to version 8 already. I wonder whatever happened to Runemaster Jeanne and Dragonmaster Don from the first few versions of the thread?
Jeane shows up occasionally, and I think DragonMaster Don changed his name...(not sure on that).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 01:50 AM #7 of 69
well i am glade i'm not the only one who would like to see vicky as a main character with her blinking rune she must have seen and done a lot of stuff on her own.

FELIPE NO
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 01:53 AM #8 of 69
In V, she makes some pretty strange comments, and I think she ranks right up there with the Yuber/Pesmerga story....

How ya doing, buddy?
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 01:54 AM #9 of 69
In V, she makes some pretty strange comments, and I think she ranks right up there with the Yuber/Pesmerga story....
I just played that game not to long ago, but I don't remember what you are talking about.

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 04:27 AM #10 of 69
Let's see....(It's been a while, so bear with me...)

She makes a comment about sending the Prince to somewhere "different" (I can't remember the exact words..) Then immediately tells the Prince to forget she said that.

She also remembers being in the castle before.

She denies saving Lorelai (which we all know why she said it...)

I can't think of anything else, but the castle comment makes you wonder....

ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 04:49 AM #11 of 69
I remember 2 of them. I also read how it was vicky that saved Lorelai (witch was not her intention, but whatever :P

If she was to become a star of a future suikoden game I would love to see her hometown (the place she is trying to get back to) and find out how she got her blinking rune

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2007, 05:26 AM #12 of 69
I'm replaying Suikoden V right now, and one of Viki's "comments" in the box struck a chord.

"I keep meeting Jeane..."

Why not a game that focuses on Jeane and Viki? They've been in every game, so that would be interesting.

Or, a game that focuses the Ancient Armes Dynasty--the one before the Sindar. Jeane and Eresh seemed to know a lot about those ruins....

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2007, 05:27 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2007, 12:27 PM #13 of 69
I think that it's mentioned in the game that the ruins where you find Eresh are even older than Old Armes, even from before the Sindar iirc. I doubt that there will ever be a game about Armes, since most of its history is discussed in V, and it's basically only used to explain the danger of the Sun rune.

A game with Viki or Jeane would be awesome, since they've seen so many conflicts (it would be cool to see the previous games from their perspective), but it doesn't go that well with the main storyline of a rebellion force rising against an evil kingdom/empire/etc. It could be a nice gaiden though.

I would still kill for a game dealing with the Sindar, especially since I can't help but love dear old Lorelai so much.

Most amazing jew boots
RunemasterJeane
Does this outfit make my boobs look big?

Member 407

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2007, 08:25 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2007, 08:25 PM #14 of 69
Hee hee, someone looking for me? Damn, I feel almost famous. Guess I should stop in more often huh? I feel the need to have a lost Atreides brothers reunion(yay for Bubba and Gunther!!).

To actually be on topic, I would totally go for a Jeane game. There's so much mystery about her, I think it would be nice to have some more info to explain her. It could work as a PSP game or something. Another idea could be maybe a compilation of the more mysterious characters(Jeane, Ted, Viki, Yuber/Pesmerga, etc) in a semi Suikoden 3 style where you can switch back and forth between stories. Something like that.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by RunemasterJeane; Jun 5, 2007 at 08:29 PM. Reason: cuz I felt like it
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:34 PM #15 of 69
(It's Tee hee....)
Quote:
someone looking for me? Damn, I feel almost famous. Guess I should stop in more often huh? I feel the need to have a lost Atreides brothers reunion(yay for Bubba and Gunther!!).
Uhhhh....who is who again? You're Bubba, aren't you?

Quote:
To actually be on topic, I would totally go for a Jeane game. There's so much mystery about her, I think it would be nice to have some more info to explain her. It could work as a PSP game or something. Another idea could be maybe a compilation of the more mysterious characters(Jeane, Ted, Viki, Yuber/Pesmerga, etc) in a semi Suikoden 3 style where you can switch back and forth between stories. Something like that.
Don't forget Leknaat and Zerase, too. Zerase especially--although at the end of V, she's never heard from again.....

Oh, and by the way....

*pounces Jeane hello*

*goes off looking for her socks.*

FELIPE NO
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:59 PM #16 of 69
(It's Tee hee....)

Don't forget Leknaat and Zerase, too. Zerase especially--although at the end of V, she's never heard from again.....
yeah it is a shame I started to like her by the end of them game.. Tho maybe in the next game she might make a return.

Most amazing jew boots

(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)
(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)( ='.'=)
(")-(")(")-(")(")-(") (")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:32 AM Local time: Jun 12, 2007, 12:32 AM #17 of 69
So the release of the Suikoden V UNDUB (Japanese audio/English text fanbase release) finally gave me a reason to finish the game, and I did a couple of days ago. Fantastic game when you remove the talentless English VAs and replace them with their original Japanese counterparts.

I'm hoping VI brings the True Rune struggle that Lucretia mentioned very late in the game to life, and shines a little more light on another part of the Suikoden world. I will riot if this series moves to DS/PSP and deteriorates like Lufia or Lunar has now that the PS3 and 360 are going full swing.

ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2007, 01:29 AM #18 of 69
So the release of the Suikoden V UNDUB (Japanese audio/English text fanbase release) finally gave me a reason to finish the game, and I did a couple of days ago. Fantastic game when you remove the talentless English VAs and replace them with their original Japanese counterparts.
Well sounds nice. I wish I had a modded ps2 so I could do that.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2007, 01:34 AM Local time: Jun 12, 2007, 01:34 AM #19 of 69
My PS2 isn't modded, but it's one of the larger models with the HD bay that is taking advantage of the Independence Exploit to run games via HDLoader from the HD. Requires you have one of the older PS2s (not slimline) and a Network Adapter. Long as you have those, you're gold.

Most amazing jew boots
Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old Jun 12, 2007, 01:53 AM #20 of 69
I know this is totally random, but something in the Suiko games that was never answered (to my knowledge) that always got on my nerves was the whole conflict with Pesmerga and Yuber. You see Yuber later on in the series, but Pesmerga disappears with no mention what so ever. I'd also like to see what Tir is up to (hero of the first game) sometime or another.

I've only played up to Suikoden 3, but 3 was enough to drive me away from the series (it was alright, but I expected more I suppose). I've heard that Suiko 5 is pretty decent, but it seems to me that the Suiko games are fading in quality. I hope they tie up some loose ends with additions to the series later on.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2007, 03:46 AM #21 of 69
I don't think that's true. V is easily up there with 2 IMO, the only problem is the visuals were a bit bland and the difficulty was nil, but that's pretty much been the truth for every Suikoden game, anyway, so it definitely wasn't declining because of it. You'll enjoy V 100% guaranteed if you enjoyed 1 and 2.

I was speaking idiomatically.
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2007, 03:55 AM #22 of 69
I don't think that's true. V is easily up there with 2 IMO, the only problem is the visuals were a bit bland and the difficulty was nil, but that's pretty much been the truth for every Suikoden game, anyway, so it definitely wasn't declining because of it. You'll enjoy V 100% guaranteed if you enjoyed 1 and 2.
I was not a big fan of the VA witch is why I said what I did in my last post. I played and beaten the game (tho I did not get every 108 SoD (since I did not start off using a guide to find them (so I got the shitty ending then I downloaded a game save to see the good one)

How ya doing, buddy?

Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2007, 03:58 AM #23 of 69
I've probably been toughened up over the years from poor voice acting, so it never honestly bothered me. It's certainly better treatment than a lot of games wind up getting at any rate. I've played through games with infinitely more disappointing voice talent.

FELIPE NO
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2007, 04:19 AM #24 of 69
I've probably been toughened up over the years from poor voice acting, so it never honestly bothered me. It's certainly better treatment than a lot of games wind up getting at any rate. I've played through games with infinitely more disappointing voice talent.
I have not played that many games w/ voice acting. So I am not as tolerant to it as you are.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2007, 07:42 AM #25 of 69
I know this is totally random, but something in the Suiko games that was never answered (to my knowledge) that always got on my nerves was the whole conflict with Pesmerga and Yuber. You see Yuber later on in the series, but Pesmerga disappears with no mention what so ever. I'd also like to see what Tir is up to (hero of the first game) sometime or another.

I've only played up to Suikoden 3, but 3 was enough to drive me away from the series (it was alright, but I expected more I suppose). I've heard that Suiko 5 is pretty decent, but it seems to me that the Suiko games are fading in quality. I hope they tie up some loose ends with additions to the series later on.
Play Suikoden V aand your opinion will change quickly. It's like playing an updated version of Suikoden II(with that game still being slightly better than all of them lol)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Suikoden Club v...8