Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

Diversion
Jellicle Cat

Member 68

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 01:54 PM #201 of 397
Looks like paying attention to the viral marketing paid off: I get an early viewing!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yaaaaaay.jpg (85.9 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Diversion; Jul 11, 2008 at 03:06 PM.
Diversion
Jellicle Cat

Member 68

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 02:55 PM #202 of 397
Link regarding the promotion: Dark Knight Viral Awards Hardcore Fans With Free Screening | /Film

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Diversion; Jul 11, 2008 at 03:05 PM.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 04:36 PM 1 #203 of 397
Movie Exec #1: Hey, how do we make our movie more successful?

Movie Exec #2: How about we have people use word of mouth to promote it, to get the public interested and expecting it long before the movie is finished!

Movie Exec #1: Thats a great idea - but its not enough...

Movie Exec #3: How about we show the movie free to a bunch of fans, thereby cutting our income and help hurt the movie!

Movie Exec #2: Genius!

Movie Exec #1: No wonder we get the big bucks!

Movie Exec #2: Yeah!

Movie Exec #3: I did the same thing with Serenity and look how much money THAT movie made!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 05:07 PM #204 of 397
Movie Exec #1: Hey, how do we make our movie more successful?

Movie Exec #2: How about we have people use word of mouth to promote it, to get the public interested and expecting it long before the movie is finished!

Movie Exec #1: Thats a great idea - but its not enough...

Movie Exec #3: How about we show the movie free to a bunch of fans, thereby cutting our income and help hurt the movie!

Movie Exec #2: Genius!

Movie Exec #1: No wonder we get the big bucks!

Movie Exec #2: Yeah!

Movie Exec #3: I did the same thing with Serenity and look how much money THAT movie made!
This would be funny and relevant if TDK was a niche film as opposed to a summer blockbuster poised to rake in hundreds of millions of dollars. Alas, it's just another useless troll.

I don't think it's been posted yet, but another poster dropped a couple of days ago, and like every other poster in this ad campaign, it's brilliant:

Also, if you head over to the main page of the movie, all of the posters have been "vandalized" by the Joker. Awesome.

The Dark Knight

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 05:50 PM #205 of 397
This would be funny and relevant if TDK was a niche film as opposed to a summer blockbuster poised to rake in hundreds of millions of dollar.
The logic stands - why would you undercut yourself by letting the fans see the movie for free? You wouldn't.

Doctors didn't remove Temari's gallbladder for free. Lawyers don't go to trial for free. Why would you let people see a movie for free? Its stupid.

Alas, it's just another useless troll.
Its all well and good you know words like TROLL but you obviously don't know WHY they *don't* work here. I *explained* the problem and why it doesn't work and you happened to not like it. I assume because you're one of the people that dressed up as the Joker and ran around like a goober?

Oh, so you're *biased* against the facts. Clever for you, I suppose.

Viral Marketing doesn't work for one simple reason - when you take marketing away from its context, no one knows what you're selling.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Misogynyst Gynecologist; Jul 11, 2008 at 05:53 PM.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 06:48 PM #206 of 397
The logic stands - why would you undercut yourself by letting the fans see the movie for free? You wouldn't.

Doctors didn't remove Temari's gallbladder for free. Lawyers don't go to trial for free. Why would you let people see a movie for free? Its stupid.
Free promotion. Same reason why viral marketing works, but I'll get to that shortly. The few thousand they will lose in these free tickets pales in comparison to the money they will save with the free promotion they will be getting from the people who will get to see the movie for free. All of whom have probably raved about how pumped they are to their friends, and then their friends have told their friends, and the cycle continues.

So no, the logic actually doesn't stand. Especially not for a movie like The Dark Knight. For Serenity, maybe, because it was a niche film with a small fanbase as it was, but even then, the free promotion it probably got from the viewers who got free tickets probably gave it a little extra push it wouldn't have otherwise had.

Quote:
Its all well and good you know words like TROLL but you obviously don't know WHY they *don't* work here. I *explained* the problem and why it doesn't work and you happened to not like it. I assume because you're one of the people that dressed up as the Joker and ran around like a goober?
You didn't *explain* anything, you simply fagged up yet another perfectly good thread.

Quote:
Oh, so you're *biased* against the facts. Clever for you, I suppose.

Quote:
Viral Marketing doesn't work for one simple reason - when you take marketing away from its context, no one knows what you're selling.
LeHah dealing in absolutes? What a shock!

How does it flat-out not work? This is just one example, but Cloverfield wouldn't have been nearly as successful as it was if it wasn't for the viral marketing campaign that it had. In the narrow-minded context you put it in, you'd be correct, but then you're missing whole point of viral marketing - To raise awareness and brew curiosity and interest, and then spread it to others. Allow me to fix your quote for you:

Quote:
Viral Marketing doesn't work for one simple reason - I live in my mom's basement.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 07:13 PM #207 of 397
Free promotion is when you hand out free samples of a product, so they know if they want to buy it.

When you jump in front of cars dressed as a clown, people don't know if you're some douche in make-up or Ronald McDonald or Cesar Romero come back from the dead.

The few thousand they will lose in these free tickets pales in comparison to the money they will save with the free promotion they will be getting from the people who will get to see the movie for free.
I don't see how losing "a few thousand" is reasonable. The movie is going to do well - so why would you want to give up MORE money?

All of whom have probably raved about how pumped they are to their friends, and then their friends have told their friends, and the cycle continues.
Totally different subject - but how is this any different than word of mouth? Warner Bros depended upon that for countless movies - so why invest in a loss in ticket sales?

So no, the logic actually doesn't stand. Especially not for a movie like The Dark Knight. For Serenity, maybe, because it was a niche film with a small fanbase as it was
A loss of money is a loss of money is a loss of money.

but even then, the free promotion it probably got from the viewers who got free tickets probably gave it a little extra push it wouldn't have otherwise had.
To tell who? The fans?

Wait, they already saw it.

You didn't *explain* anything, you simply fagged up yet another perfectly good thread.
Oh, so you decide that calling me a troll after explaining my point - and then acting it yourself is somehow defensible? I see that Keene education went far.

How does it flat-out not work? This is just one example, but Cloverfield wouldn't have been nearly as successful as it was if it wasn't for the viral marketing campaign that it had.
And what was that? Monsters smashing buildings? I must have missed that.

Allow me to fix your quote for you:
Since you're not in the mix since I don't talk to you since you're an internet genius - I live with lesbians now, thank you.

And yes, one of them is attractive.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Misogynyst Gynecologist; Jul 11, 2008 at 07:21 PM.
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 07:36 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2008, 01:36 AM #208 of 397
They weren't lesbians until you moved in though, right?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Lehah are you just upset that you didn't jump in front of any cars dressed as a clown?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 07:41 PM #209 of 397
They weren't lesbians until you moved in though, right?
To coin a good cartoon based off of a terrible movie - "They became lesbians because they got the best man anyone could ever have."

Lehah are you just upset that you didn't jump in front of any cars dressed as a clown?
No, I'm upset I couldn't dress you like a clown and push you out into highway traffic.

Most amazing jew boots
Pokey
killhouse

Member 15382

Level 9.89

Nov 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 08:58 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2008, 07:58 PM #210 of 397
a great poster (except for the ugly 'The Dark Knight' title plastered on there)

speaking of that, anyone know where you could buy this poster? i've been searching everywhere for the longest time (including ebay)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:04 PM #211 of 397
It looks like a Bus Terminal poster. Wait a week after the movie is out - if thats what it is, they flood Ebay for a month and then are never seen again.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:20 PM #212 of 397
Looks like paying attention to the viral marketing paid off: I get an early viewing!
VERY NICE.

I was wondering anyone got in on the Joker's loot.

Missing that one music track:
Fire Fight - Mission X // Frostbite

Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2008, 01:05 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2008, 10:05 PM #213 of 397
Probably been stated already, but the 3rd trailer very clearly shows a barrel of liquid being tipped over and Harvey Dent lying left-side-down on a floor that appears to be covered in the same (most likely flammable) liquid. So odds are definitely good that we'll see the creation of Two-Face during this movie.

Harvey Dent's quote at the end of the trailer is pretty blatant foreshadowing too. "You either die a Hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Gee Harv, I wonder which of those you'll do.

Edit: Derp. Went back a couple pages and read the article I missed where they interviewed Eckhart. I had no idea that Two-Face was actually featured in this movie. I thought maybe they'd just burn Dent and set him up as a villain in the next one.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Animechanic; Jul 12, 2008 at 01:14 AM.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:19 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2008, 05:19 PM #214 of 397

Something I noticed watching the trailer. Can't see it that well, but you can see some of the burns. Also, that side of his suit is messed up.

How ya doing, buddy?
SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:27 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2008, 11:27 PM #215 of 397
I guess someone managed to take a few cell phone pictures of the film, and
Spoiler:
it looks like the "leaked" Two-Face photo posted in this thread is accurate.

FELIPE NO
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:45 AM #216 of 397
Some of you guys might want to know this:

Spoiler:

One of the characters from Batman Begins returns in The Dark Knight: Scarecrow

Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!

Last edited by gaming; Jul 13, 2008 at 10:57 AM.
Diversion
Jellicle Cat

Member 68

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2008, 05:45 PM #217 of 397
Spoiler:
You see him VERY briefly in every trailer. Disappointing...

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2008, 06:05 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2008, 05:05 PM #218 of 397
I also hear
Spoiler:
Batman
is in this movie.

Keep it under your hats.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:25 AM #219 of 397
I don't see him in the trailer.

Most amazing jew boots
Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2008, 03:55 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2008, 01:55 PM #220 of 397
I also hear
Spoiler:
Batman
is in this movie.

Keep it under your hats.
LOL. Yeah, don't want to spoil that for anybody... But seriously, I didn't mean to start a spoiler tag-athon.

Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 05:50 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 02:50 PM #221 of 397
I just saw this movie last night and it was insane!

I won't put any spoilers in here, but it's going to be overly annoying when people come back from seeing this saying HEATH dominated the role as the joker. Yes, he did a great job, but I can pretty much see any big name who likes comic books wrap themselves in a role and do just as good.

Beyond that, this movie is a crazy ride. There are so many tense scenes in this movie that it brings you to the edge of your seat in 'awe' because of what you're seeing in front of you.

It's crazy how you can see something very violent happen, know it's fucked up, and because of a delivered line, you'll laugh about it and thinks it's cool.

Batman had some voice problems, character wise it made sense on why he had his voice so deep, but while watching him, I was just thinking of Solid Snake talking to any given character in Metal Gear Solid 4.

I can't wait to see this movie again tonight.

I was speaking idiomatically.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 06:05 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 05:05 PM 1 1 #222 of 397
I just saw this movie last night and it was insane!

I won't put any spoilers in here, but it's going to be overly annoying when people come back from seeing this saying HEATH dominated the role as the joker. Yes, he did a great job, but I can pretty much see any big name who likes comic books wrap themselves in a role and do just as good.

Beyond that, this movie is a crazy ride. There are so many tense scenes in this movie that it brings you to the edge of your seat in 'awe' because of what you're seeing in front of you.

It's crazy how you can see something very violent happen, know it's fucked up, and because of a delivered line, you'll laugh about it and thinks it's cool.

Batman had some voice problems, character wise it made sense on why he had his voice so deep, but while watching him, I was just thinking of Solid Snake talking to any given character in Metal Gear Solid 4.

I can't wait to see this movie again tonight.
Yeah. Any big name actor who likes comic books could have done this just as well.

So, uh, Vin Diesel would have torn up the role of the Joker? Oh yeah, spot on comment there.

No, not anyone could have played this role so well. Heath was fantastic at it, and stop trying to be internet cool by stepping aside and saying anyone could have done it. It just isn't true. There are a handful of people who could have played the role as well, but you know what? There were a handful of people who could have played Henry in Lion in Winter as well as Peter O'Toole. That doesn't mean he didn't completely own the role and put on one of the best performances in film history. It doesn't diminish what he did. All you can put up against it is "maybe someone else could have done a decent job of it." But that doesn't fucking -matter-. The point is he's the guy in the role and he stomped it. Get a grip. That's pretty much the most inane argument I've ever heard about an actor. "Sure he was brilliant, but I mean, someone else might have been brilliant too. So I don't want to hear about it." Please.

Also, did you see Batman Begins? Just curious. Because he uses that voice through there as well. It's not the movie's fault you played a shitty game and now have a problem with relating it to things that don't suck.

I'm all for criticism of this movie, there's plenty you could level against it, but could you try actually finding problems with the movie, instead of just rambling like a retard and expecting people to give a shit about your baseless opinions?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Andrew Evenstar
Save the Queen

Member 419

Level 23.33

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 06:08 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 03:08 PM #223 of 397
Wow a little harsh there. I think he's just saying that people are overrating heath's performance. I'm not sure. That's not my opinion. I haven't seen the film yet.

Most amazing jew boots
Biohazard Mercenaries

[Final Fantasy]
IV > VI > VIII > VII > IX > V > XII > X
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 06:15 PM #224 of 397
expecting people to give a shit about your baseless opinions?
umm...didn't you just kinda give a shit ~_~

New Record!
Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 07:24 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 04:24 PM #225 of 397
For the guy who quoted me above.

I am barely on this site at all, it's great to come and read topics with interesting and well thought out opinions. I think you're to wrapped up in a message board if you get so angry over something so small.

What I am saying is fair, I am not trying to find anything 'wrong' with the movie. I loved every minute of it and I am going to watch it again tonight. The little things I pointed out weren't 'bad' at all, just little things that I took notice of, such as batman's voice.

You're the one trying to pull negativity out of my comments for some reason.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)