Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Windows BSOD Error Message?

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 04:00 PM Local time: May 4, 2006, 05:00 PM #1 of 6
Question Windows BSOD Error Message?

Well it seems one of my networked PCs is getting an error message and it keeps happening time and time again. Any ideas or thoughts as to what the cause of this could be? I've done system checkups, checked device drivers and even checked the event viewer and no errors are logged. Both hard drives are healthy, tested with Western Digital Tools on thier website. Ran virus/antispyware checkups with Zonealarm, Ewido, Trend Micro, Spybot, Adaware and lastlyWindows Defender. Here is a snapshot of the message...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 04:08 PM Local time: May 4, 2006, 11:08 PM #2 of 6
According to some site, this could be related to your RAM. Use this tool to test it - http://www.memtest86.com/

The forum showed this image, and it's the same, right?

However, the best thing to do is Google for "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and read various solutions. Most involve hardware replacement though.

http://www.tweaksforgeeks.com/IRQL_N..._OR_EQUAL.html
http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread27803-1.html
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000365.htm

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 04:10 PM #3 of 6
Try searching for the specific STOP code on Google as well; results therein may lead you to a suitable solution.
Consider disabling and reenabling your page file; sometimes, the IRQL error can be resolved by doing so.

Most amazing jew boots
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 04:17 PM Local time: May 4, 2006, 11:17 PM #4 of 6
This error is also caused by faulty drivers accessing restricted/protected areas of your RAM or low level hardware functions. If you have installed new hardware recently, be sure to upgrade/reinstall drivers.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 04:39 PM Local time: May 4, 2006, 03:39 PM #5 of 6
That, or some of your hardware can be faulty/not inserted correctly. Check it out first.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Vibrate
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 06:18 PM Local time: May 4, 2006, 07:18 PM #6 of 6
Question

Well, it looks like you all hit the nail on the head. I ran a memory test, testing all 3GB of memory installed throughout 4 available memory slots. 3 errors identified after running the 3rd test. Instant red flag in my book for the bad burns and weird errors the system was coming across. The odd part of it was that, I made certain that all the memory modules be tested after having them shipped from newegg. I had a 7 hour test run and in my book if there are no errors during that time then it's an obvious pass. I don't know what exactly set off the problems all of a sudden but I'll be testing them thoroughly. My best guess would have to be that one of the slots went bad, being that their high quality memory sticks...I wouldn't suspect the sticks of RAM to be easily damaged.

I do have a question concerning the matter though. Would there be potential errors or in this case just simply errors in a system with memory of different timings? As I mentioned, 3GB total of memory. Which means 1GBX2 and 512MBX2. The 1GB sticks read 2-3-2-5 and the 512MB sticks read 2-2-2-5. Running in dual channel mode if that bit of info helps, as well as same manufacturer rated at PC3200.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Windows BSOD Error Message?