Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Halo Reach: Ghosts of GFF

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2010, 05:58 PM Local time: May 8, 2010, 11:58 PM #201 of 1108
Having played a few games of Invasion as the elites today, I noticed that a lot of people don't seem to be aware the vehicles are even there, seeing as how you generally have to manually select that spawn point. Rather than having to jack a banshee, you could conceivably just run over and get in one as a spartan at the moment. I'm sure that'll change once people get the hang of the map but for now, a sprinting spartan could get the elite vehicles fairly unopposed if they didn't mind the walk.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2010, 05:23 PM Local time: May 10, 2010, 04:23 PM #202 of 1108
Live seems to be imploding right now. Can't do matchmaking, can't make or join parties, (both in game and chat varieties), can't send messages to other users. No hard disconnects for me, but Omagnus got booted off, though.

I have just had a very weird Invasion game. Saved the video, hopefully despite all the BS just now with Live that it got updated to Bungie.net. If only as a record of the many bugs it displayed. Can't even tell right now because I an't log into bungie's website to check. Live ID services seem to have shit themselves also.

Started as Elites with Omagnus on me team, but we started with ARs. We had no choice of loadout, nor did we have choice of spawn. Only on Omagnus could I spawn. We also had no secondary weapons, (no Plasma Pistols, no magnums, none of that). We also had no armour ability.

At the 25 kill mark, we got the ability to choose loadout, again. But the ability to choose spawn location never restored throughout the game. Omagnus died many times because I could not get the banshee low enough in time.

How WONDERFUL.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2010, 06:37 PM #203 of 1108
The thing with starting with jacked up weapons and spawns (with weapons being restored on Phase 2) is a known and apparently pretty common glitch. Apparently that can allow you to access things you're not supposed to be able to, which is where the videos of Elites using Armor Lock and being able to pick up AA's off corpses are coming from.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2010, 07:44 PM Local time: May 10, 2010, 06:44 PM #204 of 1108
Fair enough, makes sense that those two are related. Good to know, at least.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2010, 09:37 AM #205 of 1108
Me and Tails BEASTING arena, did horrible that first game but then we won 7 in a row:

I blame prenatal no-skill grenade spammers.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2010, 11:54 AM 4 #206 of 1108
HALO REACH BETA: HOW TO PLAY FREE FOR ALL

STARRING

GARRMONDO (and some other guy)

ROFLFOX (and Garrmondo)

(Guest starring dead Drakken)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

#654: Braixen
Shake Appeal
Chocobo

Member 35708

Level 9.30

May 2010

Old May 12, 2010, 06:17 AM Local time: May 12, 2010, 12:17 PM #207 of 1108
I told you guys I was gonna dashboard.

FELIPE NO
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2010, 06:30 AM #208 of 1108
Man, that game. If you guys get the chance, take a few minutes while you're sitting around eating breakfast or whatever and watch that last Team SWAT match we played from my perspective. It's the wackiest shit I've ever seen. There were at least two occasions where I came across three of them crouched on top of one another peeking around the corner like a bunch of stooges.

It'll also serve as a good introspective into the hilariously backwards playstyle of Roflfox. That way when you're about to ask "Fox what the fuck are you doing" you won't have to, because you'll know.

Shake will you be on in an hour or so? I've been up all night/day with little to no sleep which should make for excellent comedy. And by comedy I mean me dying a lot.

e: Oh my god the sequence of events at :40 in the video is the best thing I've ever done

Most amazing jew boots

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2010, 10:17 PM 1 #209 of 1108
OP updated.

Quote:
Addition for broken things in the Beta: Hitbox for headshots is a few pixels off; bullets are hitting a few pixels below when they should be currently in the Beta, resulting in some situations where it should have counted as a headshot and did not. Already fixed for retail, will not be reflected in the Beta.

-All files and stats will be wiped soon after the Beta; if you have any screenshots or rendered videos you want to keep from the Beta, save local copies of them ASAP!

-Beta had some small updates added, the major ones being the removal of DMR's from Phase 1 of Invasion (which evens things out quite a bit at the start) and the addition of SvE which is hilariously broken in favor of the Elites
* Grab Bag’s “SvE Slayer” pits Spartans vs. Elites
* Spartan DMR Loadout removed from Invasion Phase 1
* CTF Flag return proximity slightly increased
* Headhunter skull pickup radius increased
* Same team Stockpile flag removal and re-scoring resolved

RUMORED ARMOR ABILITIES:
-Based off files uncovered in the Beta which Bungie has said they knew people would pick apart, so very possible there's red herrings in here.
-"Ammo Pack" - Seems self-explanatory, and broken for power weapons.
-"Power Fist" - Always 1-hit melee kills?
-"Repulsur" - Seems self-explanatory, pushes opponents away?
-"Sensor Pack" - Maybe expanded radar or counters jamming?
-"Super Jump" - bwhahahaha
-"EMP Pulse" - Also bwhahahaha
-"Shield Generator" - Maybe health regen?
-"Hologram" - THE FUTURE

Generator Defense - As an actual gametype it seems pretty eh. It also seems to be super laggy for most people, so it seems that it is quite living up to it's namesake as an actual Network Test. Combined with files that were pulled from the Reach Beta, the common consensus/rumor is that this is network testing for the as-of-yet unannounced Firefight mode. If files pulled from the Beta are any indication (and they very well may not be) Firefight in Reach will now feature either 6 players or up to 6 "teams" (unclear), along with different conditions and spectators and a host of other things that run the gamut depending on how you interpret the Beta files so I won't get into that here yet. Based on how poorly Firefight ran for anyone if you weren't all in the US, at the very least this being network testing for Firefight seems to be a pretty good guess.
Also I didn't add any of this to the OP yet since it'll take me a while to go through it and it's all 100% rumor, but a ton of stuff is in the Beta files. Aside from the Armor Abilities listed above, there's crazy stuff like Rocket Hogs, Hogpile and Dogfight modes, something that indicates you can create your own custom campaigns and gametypes, insane Firefight modes, and all kinds of ridiculous madness. A lot of it seems legit (there's a lot of mode descriptions, as well as Armor piece names and descriptions), but Bungie knew this would all be torn apart, so there are likely to be some red herrings in there. A likely candidate for example is that there are files that seem to indicate in the game's prologue you play as or with Sgt. Johnson.

Most amazing jew boots
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2010, 09:40 PM Local time: May 16, 2010, 03:40 AM #210 of 1108
I'm glad they're increasing the flag recovery range because at present you have to be virtually standing on the bastard to get it to return and it takes fucking ages. I don't think I've seen a single flag return so far in the beta which on Sword base is no issue since you have to carry the thing a million miles to score but on the other map means the attacking team nearly always scores unless they're either retards or have a couple of members trying to boost their k/d ratio rather than scoring.

I've not fonud invasion to be too unbalanced in the first phase since there's so much cover on the way to the Spartan base for the Elites. Where the Elites suffer is in the third phase since you run soooooo slowly carrying the generator and all it takes is a decent Scorpion driver or a good shot with rockets and you'll never score. If they put in a closer spawn for the Elites you could make the most of the swords but as it is, it's a bit Rourke's Drift at present, with the Spartans being the Welsh Guard and the Elites having sharp sticks and canvas shields. They either need to increase run speed while carrying or let Elites spawn closer to make the matches tight because at present the Elites only ever win when all the Spartans are idiots who don't understand how the game works (Although given the average Halo player you meet as a random, you meet those kind of Spartans alarmingly often at present).

I can only hope that once the full game goes live people will realise that there's more to it than your k/d ratio because we all know how shit I am at Halo and yet in the beta, I'm often coming out as MVP, simply because I'm the only one who plays objective games as objective games rather than slayer, although I suspect the addition of a pure slayer playlist will lessen that.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2010, 03:45 AM Local time: May 16, 2010, 08:45 AM #211 of 1108
I can only hope that once the full game goes live people will realise that there's more to it than your k/d ratio because we all know how shit I am at Halo and yet in the beta, I'm often coming out as MVP, simply because I'm the only one who plays objective games as objective games rather than slayer, although I suspect the addition of a pure slayer playlist will lessen that.
The issue there is that Halo has never really rewarded players for doing actual objectives beyond their team winning and many people will just go for kills. They've improved that a little, but there still doesn't seem to be much in the way of Credits rewards for objective-based actions.

One thing I spotted yesterday that struck me as rather odd was that they allow splitscreen people into the Free For All playlists, which resulted in one guy winning Oddball by a mile because his mate was clearly acting as a bodyguard. Can't say I was a fan of that particularly.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2010, 09:06 AM Local time: May 16, 2010, 03:06 PM #212 of 1108
They definitely need to increase the victory bonus, getting less than ten credits for winning and 150 odd for getting a lot of Sticky kills is just silly and encourages kills rather than trying to win.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2010, 09:55 AM #213 of 1108
I don't think they will; if they incentivize winning too much, people will just quit out if they're not going to win.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2010, 05:48 PM Local time: May 17, 2010, 11:48 PM #214 of 1108
That's really fucking backwards and yet also tragically true.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2010, 09:15 PM 1 #215 of 1108
Props to Daravon and Toku for rendering this shit. Might as well get it uploaded before the Beta ends.

The first one is the looooooooool double melee spree that I won't be able to do in the final once they fix the melee speed:

YouTube Video

Second one is this guy failing fantastically with a Jetpack:

YouTube Video

and the last one is the Killtacular that Toku rendered in HD (better seen clicking through to YT and selecting the HD option):

YouTube Video

Fake edit: ONE MORE, and probably the best of them all. I can't even describe what the fuck is going on in words but it's from Daravon's perspective in this one match where we were abusing Armor Lock. Apparently I'm Superman now.

YouTube Video

FELIPE NO

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2010, 11:14 PM #216 of 1108
That last one is still fucking amazing.

I've rendered some of my own, I'll put something together in the next couple days.

Just a reminder, the Beta ends at an unannounced time on Wednesday, and all of your saved films and bungie.net stats will be wiped "shortly after." So tomorrow's the last full day of the Beta, and if you want to render/save any films or screenshots from the Beta you're gonna want to do that ASAP. I'm normally off on Tuesdays but need to go in for a few hours in the morning. I should be on around 1-ish if anyone's around, and I'll try to hang out most of the day.

TEAM ARMOR LOCK GOOOO

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2010, 07:23 AM Local time: May 18, 2010, 07:23 AM #217 of 1108
I'll probably hop on for a final run this evening around 6:30ish.

Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2010, 08:54 AM #218 of 1108
I'll get on and try to get some games in before Alan Wake and Red Dead arrive.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2010, 06:30 PM #219 of 1108
Head's up: apparently the Beta is ending Thursday morning at 10am PDT. Also confirmed that your stats/files/etc will be wiped shortly thereafter. I already pulled all of my stats and files so I'm completely done with the Beta, but if you still want to get your game on or download/render any videos you got about a day and a half.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2010, 06:46 PM #220 of 1108
OP updated:

Quote:
-References to Beta dates and Beta-specific things removed
-Removed several pics and other things that are generally unnecessary at this point (like battle bro spawning, Phase changes, etc). If you played the Beta you clearly understand what this is, and if you didn't play the Beta you're probably not reading this anyway.
-Playlists and dates removed, updated with a known gametypes and maps section.
Only new thing of any particular significance is that they've said that in the final game Swordbase will be tweaked, especially the flag spawn and capture points (1 Flag anyone?).

As I've said before I'll continue to keep the thread updated, but there will probably not be a huge amount of news. I expect we'll get some new news at E3 (probably Firefight announcement, Campaign stuff and release date would be my guess), but after that it'll probably be a slow trickle at best until a few weeks before launch.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2010, 03:45 PM Local time: May 21, 2010, 09:45 PM #221 of 1108
I don't really see what everyone's issue was with Swordbase 1-flag. Yes, it was a tough slog from one base to the other but with no really open areas aside from the middle, the defenders had to catch up to you to stop you and it's amazing how often in their haste to stop the flag carrier people won't spot the guy with invis hiding behind a doorway waiting to assasinate them. It was tough to score but that made a nice change from the other map which being so open was overly easy to score in since if you picked up the flag at a run then even if you got shot straight away it'd bounce a fair way closer to the goal and you had to practically sit on the flag as a defender to get it to return.

How ya doing, buddy?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2010, 04:32 PM #222 of 1108
I don't really see what everyone's issue was with Swordbase 1-flag. Yes, it was a tough slog from one base to the other but with no really open areas aside from the middle, the defenders had to catch up to you to stop you and it's amazing how often in their haste to stop the flag carrier people won't spot the guy with invis hiding behind a doorway waiting to assasinate them. It was tough to score but that made a nice change from the other map which being so open was overly easy to score in since if you picked up the flag at a run then even if you got shot straight away it'd bounce a fair way closer to the goal and you had to practically sit on the flag as a defender to get it to return.
Uh, am I gathering from this post that you somehow never played in a game where people just took the flag out and used the bottom middle lift to lift the flag directly into the capture point? I probably saw over two dozen flag captures happen within the first 30 seconds of a round. Except for one hilarious instance I never ever saw anyone do anything BUT that after the first day.

Also a small OP update from this week's BWU. Aside from saying that a host of changes from tiny to large have been made or are being looked it, they did provide a bit more insight into the changes Swordbase will see in the final game:

Quote:
Sword Base in particular has been given some extra special attention by our astoundingly awesome team of environment artists. I don’t want to spoil the surprise for you, but I will say that you won’t have much difficulty determining which side of the map you’re on the next time you step foot inside the ONI atrium. Aside from the enhanced color palette and lighting effects, there’s now an impossible to miss visual queue layered in to clue you into exactly where you’re camping out.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2010, 05:32 PM Local time: May 21, 2010, 11:32 PM #223 of 1108
After everyone got their bearings I only saw that happen a couple of times and that was purely because the defenders all rushed off looking for weapons rather than defending the flag and that can happen on most maps. I didn't really play that many games compared to you though so maybe I got lucky.

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2010, 06:08 PM #224 of 1108
Yeah, that was definitely not my experience at all, it happened 99% of the time without fail on both sides. Once you see someone do it once, there's literally no reason to try to go the long way.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2010, 06:52 PM Local time: May 22, 2010, 12:52 AM #225 of 1108
If they let you use your armour abilities when carrying the flag it might make other options more viable, although it would perhaps be a bit easy to score with a jetpack. One can only hope they do actually make some positive changes as a result of the beta because it was far from perfect and God knows enough people played it, although given the hilarious discussions on the GameFAQs message board, where half the people thought x feature was the best thing ever while the other half thought it was the worst suggests pleasing everyone will be tricky (And of course on GameFAQs everyone is a level 50 uber-general or something). Thing is, people can bitch all they want but they'll all buy it on day one.

Tags
fucking armor lock, halo, halo reach

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Halo Reach: Ghosts of GFF