Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

So, they're cutting down on liquids that can be carried on planes...

SinspawnAmmes
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 11022

Level 1.47

Aug 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 04:11 PM #1 of 54
So, they're cutting down on liquids that can be carried on planes...

Sry, not enough posts to give a source.

Now that nail polish remover and toothpaste is a terrorist weapon, all clothing would have to be eliminated, because Osama will use it to strangle passengers.

Then, after all clothing and carry-ons have been banned, he'll use Karate.

I don't understand why no one has figured out yet that terrorists can't be outsmarted. It's easier, though more time-consuming, to go to the source and improve the various situations in the Mid-East that's producing this exorbitant amount of terrorists.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LZ
What I'm out for is a good time. All the rest is propaganda.

Member 71

Level 19.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 04:19 PM #2 of 54
This kind of reminds me of Joker's laughing gas in the '89 Batman.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 04:25 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 03:25 PM #3 of 54
Originally Posted by SinspawnAmmes
I don't understand why no one has figured out yet that terrorists can't be outsmarted. It's easier, though more time-consuming, to go to the source and improve the various situations in the Mid-East that's producing this exorbitant amount of terrorists.
Basically, terrorists have proven that almost everyone with political influence in western society is an idiot.

How ya doing, buddy?
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 04:28 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 11:28 PM #4 of 54
Originally Posted by SinspawnAmmes
Now that nail polish remover and toothpaste is a terrorist weapon, all clothing would have to be eliminated, because Osama will use it to strangle passengers.

Then, after all clothing and carry-ons have been banned, he'll use Karate.
Um, no. (?)

Quote:
How do you figure that? I mean, of course it's true that the source of the problem should be addressed, but don't you think that it's a bit arrogant to say ''Wow, I don't understand why no one gets it yet; I personally have it all figured it out.'' It's not like governments of the world aren't trying to improve the situation in the Middle East. What can be done to improve it that isn't being done already?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 05:15 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 04:15 PM #5 of 54
Let's not use improved security measures to prevent people from using methods that have been shown to be effective in the past to commit horrible crimes. No sir. Instead it's much easier to completely re-establish the ideals, beliefs, and political structure of a section of the world that has been in turmoil with itself for thousands of years.

christ.

I was speaking idiomatically.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
SOJC
General of the Army of Spoons

Member 10884

Level 5.11

Aug 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 05:48 PM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 12:48 AM #6 of 54
Yeah but, who actually needs toothpaste and nail remover on a plane, you don't really need it in your hand luggage...
I don't know the full list of items that have been banned but you don't really need many things on a plane anyway...a bottle of water maybe and some sweets perhaps...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Making the world a spoonier place
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 06:13 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 05:13 PM #7 of 54
Originally Posted by SOJC
Yeah but, who actually needs toothpaste and nail remover on a plane, you don't really need it in your hand luggage...
I don't know the full list of items that have been banned but you don't really need many things on a plane anyway...a bottle of water maybe and some sweets perhaps...
Maybe you don't travel much, but I do. Not all of my trips are long vacations, and I pack very light. Usually all my stuff fits in a handbag. Now this is just a pain in the ass.

FELIPE NO

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 06:41 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 03:41 PM #8 of 54
Personally I think its better to have inconviences than to die in an explosion on a plane.

But maybe thats just me.

How ya doing, buddy?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 07:29 PM #9 of 54
I like how flying on planes now is similar to going to jail :P

Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 08:05 PM #10 of 54
Originally Posted by SOJC
Who DOESN'T bring toothpaste on the plane? With how commonplace losing luggage is, it's rather silly to not pack a small toiletries kit into your carryon.

Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 08:11 PM #11 of 54
Here is a partial list of the suspects names, Abdula Ali, Cossor Ali, Shazad Ali, Nabeel Hussain, Tanvir Hussain, Umair Hussain, Umar Islam, Waseem Kayani, Assan Khan, Waheed Khan, Osman Khatib, Abdul Patel, Tayib Rauf, Muhammed Saddique, Assad Sarwar, Ibrahim Savant, Amin Tariq, Shamin Uddin, Waheed Zaman.

Yet 70 year old Phyllis Nordberg of St. Paul now can't bring hand lotion on the plane. Much better to inconvenience everyone than to actually look closer at the real suspects, wouldn't want to offend anybody, so lets take away a 4 year olds sippy cup....because you never know!!!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 08:13 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 07:13 PM #12 of 54
Originally Posted by Wesker
Here is a partial list of the suspects names, Abdula Ali, Cossor Ali, Shazad Ali, Nabeel Hussain, Tanvir Hussain, Umair Hussain, Umar Islam, Waseem Kayani, Assan Khan, Waheed Khan, Osman Khatib, Abdul Patel, Tayib Rauf, Muhammed Saddique, Assad Sarwar, Ibrahim Savant, Amin Tariq, Shamin Uddin, Waheed Zaman.

Yet 70 year old Phyllis Nordberg of St. Paul now can't bring hand lotion on the plane. Much better to inconvenience everyone than to actually look closer at the real suspects, wouldn't want to offend anybody, so lets take away a 4 year olds sippy cup....because you never know!!!
Remember kids, Racial profiling solves ALL problems!

How ya doing, buddy?

Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 08:15 PM #13 of 54
Doesn't solve all problems, but a little common sense wouldn't hurt. Take random bag checks on NYC subways. They check every 4th bag for instance, so if bag #4 is Ethyl Rosenberg, it gets checked, while Ibrahim Mohammad, next in line, gets a pass. This makes no sense, yet the risk is taken because its more important not to offend anyone than to actually enforce workable security.

acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 07:40 PM #14 of 54
Originally Posted by Arainach
Who DOESN'T bring toothpaste on the plane? With how commonplace losing luggage is, it's rather silly to not pack a small toiletries kit into your carryon.
Everyone that I have ever known, that has every flown on an airplane. Ever.

I'm not so paranoid about losing my luggage that I have to strap myself with cases of Colgate. Worst case scenario? I buy a travel sized tube for $0.40 when I get there.

And on the subject of racial profiling, so you check every brown guys bag. They'll start using brown women. You check her bag. Theycould start using other groups. If they figure out that no brown guy can get on a plane without being checked, it won't take them long before they start coercing other ethnicities into helping them out. Hell, wasn't one of the Londoner's arrested a convert to Islam who had changed his name?

And instead of chancing that someone else may have explosives in a bottle of Powerade, just not let anyone bring it on board. No risk at all that way.

I can't believe the fuss some people are making over the fact that they can't bring a juice box and a tube of Right Gaurd on board a plane anymore. Airlines will have things to drink, and when was the last time you fucking HAD to brush your teeth or put on some more pit-stick halfway between Chicago and Los Angeles?

A minor inconvenice it may be, but if it's a minor inconvenience that keeps someone from killing hundreds of people, then it's just fine.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 09:34 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 06:34 PM #15 of 54
Yar. I haven't checked bags in years. I always can pack my stuff into a nice-sized suitcase that can fit in an overhead.

FELIPE NO
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 11:04 PM #16 of 54
I'm not suggesting racially profiling every brown person, but there seems to be this wild over reaction to a group of Muslims and their actions. It still seems ludicrous to stop everything and make grandma throw out her hand lotion, just to be all inclusive. And the Muslims in England are still bitching because the names of the terrorists were released, because of course people will see that the terrorists were all Muslims.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 11:54 PM #17 of 54
It still seems ludicrous to stop everything and make grandma throw out her hand lotion, just to be all inclusive.
Security level is red and you're complaining about inclusion? Whitebread nigger, you are not the judge of what sense is 'common' enough to be useful.

Quote:
And the Muslims in England are still bitching because the names of the terrorists were released, because of course people will see that the terrorists were all Muslims.
The ones who phoned in the tip that lead to the arrests were Muslim too. o shi-

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Sarag; Aug 13, 2006 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 02:01 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 09:01 AM #18 of 54
I'm not suggesting racially profiling every brown person
Actually, that's what you are suggesting.

Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
blue
blue

Member 6459

Level 22.39

May 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 04:14 AM #19 of 54
My mom and I don't fly all that much, but there have been at least a couple of times when our luggage got temporarily misplaced. At least one of those times, the luggage was missing for about 24 hours. Thus, my mom likes to pack the "essentials"--a bag of toiletries--in her carry-on. Ah well, I'd rather be toiletries-less than exploded.

Also, I wonder if things will be a bigger hassle for diabetics, now? They never even give me a second glance when my carry-on with syringes and insulin goes through.

As for racial profiling, I think it makes sense... but I also think that if they actually did start doing it, like someone above said the Muslims would just start finding different people to do the work for them. Also, I bet it sucks enough being a Muslim in an airport, anyway... I can't imagine standing in big crowds of people looking at you suspiciously as you innocently wait your turn in line to board a plane.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
PattyNBK
255% Bitch, 78% Slut

Member 1397

Level 10.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 04:27 AM #20 of 54
This war won't be over until one or both sides is eradicated from existence. Sounds morbid, sure, but it's the truth. The only way we could possibly "stop it at its source" would be to nuke the entire Middle East, destroying all the holy cities and oil fields and killing all the people, so that there are too few people to fight and nothing to fight over.

No, I'm not suggesting we actually do this, I'm just "demonstrating absurdity by being absurd". It's really simple. There's no way to cut these freaks off at the source without taking a page from Hitler's book of tactics. As such, it's pointless to discuss it and simply better to inconvenience everyone. Yeah, I'll take inconvenience over death and nuclear holocaust any day of the week, thank you very much.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Why are you arguing with WoW players? It's pronounced "Shut the fuck up and get a job. Raiding isn't a job." - Lukage
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 11:31 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 11:31 AM #21 of 54
I just flew into Oklahoma from Louisiana, and my bags were searched since I had to bring a carry-on to take back all my games, DVDs, and wireless router.

A personable black woman checked it at the security checkpoint, which I didn't mind at all, since she actually searched the bag. Later as we were about to board the plane, they had a table set up with liquids on it and they searched carry-ons again, only this time the tall black dude who fingered through my bag didn't pull anything out. Why the Hell?

Of course, at Houston International there was no search of carry-ons before boarding.

Whatever. I had to leave my body wash, toothpaste, and deodorant in Baton Rouge but it's not like buying some more is going to break my wallet.

Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 11:45 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 10:45 AM #22 of 54
It used to be that airlines didn't accomodate carry-on luggage. We might as well return to that policy. However, that was during the time when planes were smaller and lost luggage wasn't a significant issue.

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 05:38 PM #23 of 54
Originally Posted by a lurker
The ones who phoned in the tip that lead to the arrests were Muslim too. o shi-
Yes, this is true, and very comendable, but, instead of making a statement along the lines of " We won't tolerate these terrorists in our community and will turn them in"...we get the usual "Muslim as victim" response. Everytime something happens involving Muslim terrorists we get the same old song and dance of "Oh don't pick on us poor Muslims, we so afraid of your hateful reprisals"..which seldom happen by the way.

As to profiling and common sense, if there was a 6 ft tall red headed white guy kidnapping children in an area, the police wouldn't be stopping old ladies and investigating them. Yet when a definable group of people is responsible for 95% of the terrorist actions in recent times, there is a fear of paying closer attention to them because we don't want to offend anybody.

FELIPE NO
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 06:04 PM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 06:04 PM #24 of 54
Quote:
Yes, this is true, and very comendable,
They're the "good ones."

How ya doing, buddy?
spiderweb
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10514

Level 3.62

Aug 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 12:57 AM #25 of 54
Haha, my last name is on that list. I and my family better be searched whenever we fly. It's embarrassing to be taken out of the line and actually searched, kind of humiliating to have such attention put on your ethnicity. It's those terrorist fucks that I blame for that though, not the government for doing their job - protecting MY country. It's hard to feel this way and be willing to go through freakin bodily searches whenever you have to fly, and STILL be looked at cockeyed by people, I understand this need for political correctness - so as to atleast keep appearences up that'll keep muslims/people of arab/persian descent from feeling this way. But it is inevitable in light of what is happening in the world, and necessary. Anybody who understands there is a real threat should do these little things willingly, and should have their ire at terrorists [not their gov't] increase tenfold everytime a liberty is infringed upon because of them.

Last edited by spiderweb; Aug 14, 2006 at 01:08 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > So, they're cutting down on liquids that can be carried on planes...