Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What I'm saying by be right, there's no way to tell.
Closed Thread

EmmDoubleEw
Syklis Green

Member 5921

Level 8.00

Apr 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 03:37 PM #1 of 2
What I'm saying by be right, there's no way to tell.

Warning: very dense and hard to understand philosophical material ahead. Don't assume how the conversation will go on without reading all of it. Take it slowly and try to understand my point fully.

Mr. A: The Holocaust is wrong
Mr. B: Their is no way to tell
Mr. A: Millions were unjustly killed
Mr. B: How do you know an Aryan society isn't the right cause? Do you have any idea? By saying it isn't, aren't you imposing your opinion as an ultimate, like hitler did?
Mr. A: Killing is wrong.
Mr. B: What if killing is out of self dense?
Mr. A: Then I guess it's okay.
Mr. B: What if the person that killed the other out of self defense is the next Hitler? What if what the next Hitler does is the right thing? How can you tell if it's wrong or right.
Mr. A: I see your point, but I disagree with you.
Mr. B: By disagreeing with me, you might be right. I don't know, there's no way to tell, my statement that "anything might be right, we don't know and can't judge" might be right, we don't know and can't judge. Paradoxically, you are proving my point right.
Mr. A: Wait, so if paradoxically, I proved your point right, then we know it's right, hence proving your point wrong.
Mr. B: Hence, we still don't know whether it's right or wrong, we still can't judge.
Mr. A: Hmm... Wait, so if everything might be wrong or right, what you're saying is that everything is subjective. In that case, there is no such thing as right and wrong, since they are based on objectivety and there is no such thing.
Mr. B: You might be right, there might be no such thing as right and wrong, honestly, I can't know.
Mr. A: So your point is proved right again.
Mr. B: Maybe.
Mr. A: So what am I supposed to do about contemporary problems such as the Darfur genocide, Palestinian - Isreali conflict, war on Iraq, etc... Should I just let them happen? Stand and watch those atrocities take place?
Mr. B: I don't see how that is relevant in any way. You should act as you wish.
Mr. A: But what if I act out of the conviction that say, the Darfur genocide is wrong?
Mr. B: Then you might be right to do so, I don't know. If you act out of your own wish and will, then whether you are right or wrong is irrelevant, and you have nothing to worry about.
Mr. A: So basically, you're saying taking a political stance on anything is useless, because we all might be wrong, but we all might be right, we can never take an objective stance. So I should stop debating with people?
Mr. B: Does arguing politics entertain you?
Mr. A: I would say so.
Mr. B: Then go ahead.
Mr. A: I see. So arguing is basically a sport, it serves no purpose. We all start with the same facts, and all come to different conclusions which we yell at each other. It's all manipulation.
Mr. B: You might be right.

-Matthew Watson & Martin Wintz (c) 2006 all rights reserved
(i'm martin wintz btw)

Most amazing jew boots
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 03:40 PM Local time: Sep 16, 2006, 03:40 PM #2 of 2
We have a place for things like this.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > What I'm saying by be right, there's no way to tell.