Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

God vs. Darwin : does this have to be so bad?
Closed Thread

agreatguy6
Holy Chocobo

Member 682

Level 31.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:20 PM #1 of 6
God vs. Darwin : does this have to be so bad?

Every scientist almost, believes in Darwin's Theory of evolution, which states that men are descended from primates.

note: the scientific and extremely technical definition of primate is (according to my science teacher): Any mammal with an opposable thumb.

Every Christian almost, believes in God creating the world about 10-6 thousand years ago.

note: according to Usser (I think that's his name) the world was created in in winter or fall in 4004 BC.

And as we all know, the two groups have a knock-down-drag-out in every state that has a church and so far, no one is winning.

And we all know that both sides are being jerks about the whole thing.

My purpose in this thread is to prove that the two don't have to fight.

Quote:
1) Darwinists (not NEO-Darwinists) will have to put aside their beliefs and put themselves in the Christian's shoes.
2) Christians are going to have to put aside their beliefs and put themsleves in a Darwinist's shoes.
3)Both of them will have to stay that way until further notice.

Now, with that said, I would like to continue with my theory.
According to the Bible AND I QUOTE: God Created the Heavens and the Earth.
Fair enough.
So God created everything.
According to Scientists, the world was created by the Big Bang, a theory which has been laughed at to no end. This cannot be accepted. Do not laugh at anyone's beliefs. To them, they're as serious as death.

So what's the problem? God created it, it was created by the Big Bang.

Christians counter with: but what was before the Big Bang, huh? Betcha can't answer that!
Scientist counter with: Where is God? have you ever seen him? Yeah, you say that someone getting cured is a miracle, but that's just because you can't accept it that someone is good at what they do!

Stop! Don't scoff at others! You aren't following the rules!

Here's what I believe:
Since the verses given on creation are so vague, I think I'll enlighten you on some meanings:

day: this word according to some means a period of time from sunrise to sunrise. In truth, it means, "An unspecified amount of time" which can easily be confused as a day.

God created the heavens and the Earth: just because the CEO says to make more cars, and they're made doesn't mean that he made them!

The man that developed the calendar based on the geneologies given in the bible has been proven wrong as not ALL of the geneologies were given. Besides, who says that humans were made at the same time that the Earth was created?

What I'm trying to say is that perhaps in the period of time that is between God giving the order and the action of the Universe's creation, perhaps that is when the Big Bang occured!

Why not? It makes perfect sense!
That is my theory.
Feel free to attack at any moment.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
electric_eye
PIMPLE

Member 7372

Level 18.98

May 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:31 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 02:31 AM #2 of 6
I would be a jerk about something I believed in. Is this even in the right place?

Most amazing jew boots
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 09:08 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 08:08 PM #3 of 6
You guys are all just silly. Our universe is actually contained within the vacuous skull cavity of an incomprehensibly large, blonde airhead of a woman. In the universe outside of our "universe", there are many other "universes" located within the vacuous skull cavities of various other of these incomprehensibly large, human-like beings. The laws of physics beyond the confines of our "universe" are also beyond our comprehension. I mean haven't you ever wondered why space is so dark? It is because our universe is located inside of an enclosed structure. Didn't you guys learn all of this in cult - I mean church?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 09:14 PM #4 of 6
I am shunting this thread to the Political Palace, where the mods more experienced in that forum's sensibilities may determine if this should be closed.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 09:27 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 09:27 PM #5 of 6
We most certainly do not need another one of these, thank you.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > God vs. Darwin : does this have to be so bad?