Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

3D Art Dump (January 2009)

Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:43 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2009, 06:43 PM #1 of 11
3D Art Dump (January 2009)

Free for all art dump. Post all your 3D art here.

I don't have much good stuff recently, but here is something.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:47 PM 1 #2 of 11
YouTube Video

here's my first Demo I did at my current 3D school. it's a train/submarine inspired by the Bioshock big daddy look.

was all made in 3ds max 2009

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:04 AM Local time: Jan 27, 2009, 10:04 PM #3 of 11
Man, I didn't know you were good with 3D. >w< Maybe its just me. lol, that's just sort of out of left field.

Some work in progress..

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:11 AM Local time: Jan 27, 2009, 10:11 PM #4 of 11
Oooh, neat idea for an Art Thread.

I'll post some of my stuff later (OR I'll just edit this post), but nice Train there, Inhert!

How ya doing, buddy?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2009, 01:31 PM #5 of 11
ooh I've seen that big daddy train in a journal entry you did I think. Still looks mad nice.
I actually took a 3d class as well, with XSI but I never really got any far. Maybe i'll try zbrush again and see if i get any good at that, Meth was able to do some awesome shit with that. For now I'll just spectate.

I was speaking idiomatically.

New Record!
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2009, 06:43 PM Local time: Jan 28, 2009, 04:43 PM #6 of 11
Speaking of XSI, have you guys heard about the acquisition of Softimarrrge by Autodesk? What do you think?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2009, 07:00 PM #7 of 11
yep my teacher worked at softimage and he informed us exactly the minute the deal was made lol

Actually I have never use XSI since I'm in the game program which we use 3ds max. It was a good move for autodesk since now they own all the major 3D programs that almost everyone use. I really not sure what will happen with this. My teacher is saying that in time XSI might disapear and his fonction might be intagrated into the other program.

I'm really to new in this industry to know what and who this acquisition will effect.

Additional Spam:
actually I'm going more to be an animator than a 3D modeler, so all my work after that first demo are more oriented for the animation.

here's a really short video of what I'm currently working on:
Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!(2mo)

For our second project we are in team and we have to do a short game cinematic. In our project we have a bird and I was in charge of modeling it texturing it, rigging/skinning it and animating it, basically everything about the bird that had to be done for our cinematic lol

This video is really a quick render I just did for you guys and it's a work in progress. You'll note that yes it's not the real speed of a bird taking flight lol It's just really easier to break the animation on a longer time frame period and then shrink t to the desire time speed.

The bird modeling might not be that great but it was the first time I did one and had no idea how to make it. I just did it by instinct and it seem to work pretty well for what our cinematic needed it to be.

Anyway our project 2 is due in 2 weeks, I might post a video of it when it will be finish or just the final animation of the bird.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Inhert; Jan 29, 2009 at 01:07 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:49 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2009, 09:49 PM #8 of 11
It's been awhile since I've touched Max or Maya for modeling. I've been doing animations in Max though I hope to get back into modeling and just more art centric stuff soon. Here are some 3D turn-arounds I did for school and/or a couple of mod projects.

Light Infantry this was part of a HL2 mod called Subsist.
Old Man Zombie unfortunately I didn't get to finish modeling the mouth.
Spell Dancer character this was an interesting project, a strategy RPG combined with DDR elements to dish out magic. Basically the magic would've been cast by doing steps on the DDR pad and the character would dance. It died pretty quickly thanks to over ambitiousness and a pretty terrible to be around programmer.
Chip stand modelled a chip stand from school for an assignment.
Chair a high poly chair for the same assignment.
Lip sync animation for a CGTalk challenge it was the longest lip sync I've done and I think it's ok. Definitely could use improvements. I did not model nor rig the character.

I have some more models and animations done I guess I could post some later.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2009, 04:30 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2009, 02:30 AM #9 of 11
Man, I wish some of those turn around were a little slower. :3

I am loving the radiosity for blender recently. So intuitively functional. Although it is still pretty glitchy when it comes to handingling light hitting normals. >.>;

Most amazing jew boots
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:04 PM Local time: Jan 30, 2009, 10:04 AM #10 of 11
Yeah I know the turn arounds are a bit fast. I'll capture some renders later this weekend and probably post some wires as well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2009, 12:34 PM #11 of 11
Speaking of XSI, have you guys heard about the acquisition of Softimarrrge by Autodesk? What do you think?
Autodesk owns the world. Not surprised in the least, really.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > 3D Art Dump (January 2009)