Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

My videocard hates me.

galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 02:00 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 12:00 PM #1 of 1
My videocard hates me.

Okay, so last night I started having a bit of trouble with my videocard, a ATI Radeon X800 All-in-wonder. I was playing a game and then *poof* my screen goes dark and I get a "NO SIGNAL" message on the monitor. The game is still running. I restarted and I got a "no video driver/ati control panel not loaded" (or something like that) message. I had video signal but no accelleration

I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and everything seemed to be peachy until this morning when I restarted, it gave me the same message and I once again had no 3D accelleration, but video signal. This time I formatted the Windows partition and everything seemed to be okay until I went to install the ATI drivers, when I got a "INF error Video driver not found" message. It tells me then to setup a standard VGA driver and then try again.

So uh, what's the deal here? Is my card dead? If that's the case, there's gonna be shootings.

EDIT: I installed an older card I had laying around, and the driver installed okay but now it's behaving like I have no accelleration even though it says I do (windows scroll choppy) Also, artifacting!

*sigh* It's my motherboard, isn't it?

Double Post:
Okay, so after working ALL FUCKING DAY on this, I have determined it is not the card or the motherboard, it's the drivers themselves. Why they worked just fine until last night I'll never know.

I guess, at this point, there's nothing I can do.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by galen; Oct 7, 2006 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > My videocard hates me.