Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] The Official Emulation Audio Thread

Anapan
Wark!

Member 32887

Level 1.21

Feb 2009

Old Feb 3, 2009, 09:36 AM Local time: Feb 3, 2009, 07:36 AM #1 of 44
The utility you're looking for is OpenSPC
I used to use it to convert SPCs into MP3 using Modplug's Bass enhancement and reverb. It makes the FFMQ soundtrack sound awesome.

I made up a webpage with instructions on playing back MIDI using OPL2/3 samples and such here:
Tutorial on old soundcard emulation (FM Synth).
Comments, corrections or suggestions are welcome as it's a WIP.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Anapan
Wark!

Member 32887

Level 1.21

Feb 2009

Old Feb 4, 2009, 04:56 PM Local time: Feb 4, 2009, 02:56 PM #2 of 44
Roland made a lot of products. I've heard the MT-32 build of dosbox has near exact emulation of that sound module (based on the MUNT Sourceforge project). I can dig up a link for that on Vogons if that's what you're looking for. Otherwise Roland's Virtual Sound Canvas midi driver (I'm running 3.23 which came with my laptop) allows you to change to SC-55, SC-88 and SC-88 pro compatible sound sets through it's settings window. The VSTi version 1.0 doesn't seem to have the same functionality (only GM2 and GS options).
If you can explain what you're looking for a bit more I might be able to find what you're looking for.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [Attention] The Official Emulation Audio Thread