Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] The Official Emulation Audio Thread

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2008, 05:51 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2008, 12:51 PM #1 of 44
I wouldn't shoehorn NSF as a non-recommended format. In fact, I don't use NSFEs just because the very few plugins that support this format have much lower sound quality than, say, NSFPlug.
I agree. I wouldn't recommend the NSFe format as it is right now. NSFPlug is a vastly superior plugin for NES, aside from the small selection of NSFe's, I just find that NotSoFatso sounds pretty bad. Perhaps it can sound better if you tweak the settings or something, but why bother when NSFPlug sounds perfect right away? It even detects loops and silences and auto-skips to the next track, so I don't have issues with the lack of track times either.

More importantly though, here's 2SF--DS music format. I guess it only works for music made for the Nitro sound system, but I'm not actually 100% sure on that one... Anyway, it's pretty cool. They seem to have a policy where they upload music 6 months after the game was released, which coincides nicely with the newly-found waiting time period for SotW...

2SF files archive
in_cube plugin that plays them.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by surasshu; Mar 31, 2008 at 06:46 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [Attention] The Official Emulation Audio Thread