Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Tetris DS

shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 02:47 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 01:47 AM #51 of 119
Originally Posted by BigCN401
I got the game today and it's quiet fun playing Tetris we know and love with additional new twist from Nintendo. The Wi-Fi part is also good though it sucks that it's very limited like in MKDS. Overall it's great.

BTW, I like how Nintendo stated in the booklet on not to give out any personal info while playing online when there's no way to communicate whatsoever.

Anyway, here's my friend code:
461709-959743
That is funny.
My friend code is in my sig, and I'll be on tomorrow sometime.
I also did a rip for the game (the first rip to be released on the same day the game was released!): Tetris Rip Thread

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by shadowlink56; Mar 22, 2006 at 03:32 AM.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 08:10 PM #52 of 119
Man I have trouble. I just got the game today and played a bit in single player and it was so damn rad! I never thought I'd see the day when I enjoyed remixed music.

Anyway, the main reason why I got it was to play online, and I CAN'T CONNECT TO MY OWN NETWORK OR ANYONE ELSES!!!! It worked before when I played AC, but now I can't even connect to that. I'm sitting at a PC with a scanner, printer, cordless phone and a non-cordless phone nearby though. Are any of them interfering with my connection? I did disconnect the cordless phone, but it still didn't work :( The last time I played online was at my old apartment. Maybe my new location is incompatible or something...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Freelance; Mar 22, 2006 at 09:30 PM.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 09:40 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 07:40 PM #53 of 119
When I was having connection troubles, the Nintendo WiFi forums were incredibly helpful (you just have to wade a bit through the spam). I actually ended up sending my DS back to Nintendo because the wireless on my DS was completely busted. They sent it back to me fixed.

I was speaking idiomatically.
and Brandy does her best to understand
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 09:57 PM #54 of 119
OMG!!! I went to the forum as you advised and did what they said and It worked!!!! OMG! Thanks so much, BlueMikey!!

Now my gaming purchase hasn't been a waste :3

My friend code is 967305 742710

I gotta play with some of you guys!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:36 AM #55 of 119
shadowlink56, I enter your code and it's incorrect. Can you double-check?

FELIPE NO
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 12:32 PM #56 of 119
This version of Tetris so far has been the most fun I've had with a Tetris game since TetrisDX on the GBC. All of the modes have a certain appeal, and the presentation is just amazing. I can see myself keeping this one around for a long time to come.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 05:10 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 04:10 PM #57 of 119
Originally Posted by BigCN401
shadowlink56, I enter your code and it's incorrect. Can you double-check?
Fix't. I was unable to connect yesterday due to business.
Got that Tetris DS code in my sig.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 06:02 PM #58 of 119
I played the game when I went to work and when I came home from work, so I had plenty of time to check out all the modes available. Here are my opinions for each:

1. STANDARD - Is it just me, or does the speed start increasing way too soon? The only other Tetris game I've played was the one on the GB, and while the speed in level 10 was definitely increased, it certainly wasn't as fast as the speed in Tetris DS. Then when you get to higher levels, it becomes impossibly fast, and I had to resort to the infinite rotation trick just to survive, and even then, I still had major trouble. Am I the only one who thinks so?

2. PUSH - I LOVE PUSH. It's simply the best mode in the game, and the DK motif is a big plus too. Push is fast, frantic, and can last a pretty long time as it's easy to tip the balance at any point in the game. It should be even more fun in multiplayer!

3. TOUCH - Meh, I didn't think much of this mode. For some reason sliding pieces doesn't appeal to me, and I don't like the slow pace.

4. CATCH - I was looking forward to this mode when I saw gameplay videos, and while it's fun, it's not as awesome as I thought it'd be. It wasn't until I was playing for a while when I realized I could speed up the speed of the falling pieces XD I was going there thinking, "Oh geez, the blocks move way too slow. This isn't fun." Well I'm glad I learned something new.

5. MISSION - I didn't think I'd like this mode much, but to my surprise, it's a lot more fun than I thought. I hate the missions where you have to clear the red line, though, 'cause I keep subconsciously clearing lines far below the line, making it take longer to complete the mission!

6. PUZZLE - A fun little diversion to pass the time. I like it more than Touch.

I used to be horribly addicted to Tetris back in the day, and eventually it became very boring to me. However, I was horribly mistaken. With the new modes included in Tetris DS, it looks like Tetris still has a lot of staying power left!. My other favourite puzzle games are Dr. Mario and Pokémon Puzzle League/Challenge.

Does nobody wish to play with me? :(

How ya doing, buddy?
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 06:44 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 05:44 PM #59 of 119
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
1. STANDARD - Is it just me, or does the speed start increasing way too soon? The only other Tetris game I've played was the one on the GB, and while the speed in level 10 was definitely increased, it certainly wasn't as fast as the speed in Tetris DS. Then when you get to higher levels, it becomes impossibly fast, and I had to resort to the infinite rotation trick just to survive, and even then, I still had major trouble. Am I the only one who thinks so?
I beat it the first time I played it. The key is the 'landed piece rotation trick', where you can virtually keep flipping a piece until YOU tell it to be placed. Then you have a split second to look. I was surprised it got so fast so quick, but it isn't so hard.

2. PUSH - I LOVE PUSH. It's simply the best mode in the game, and the DK motif is a big plus too. Push is fast, frantic, and can last a pretty long time as it's easy to tip the balance at any point in the game. It should be even more fun in multiplayer!
Many more tense gaming nights are coming for me based on this mode! INTENSE!

3. TOUCH - Meh, I didn't think much of this mode. For some reason sliding pieces doesn't appeal to me, and I don't like the slow pace.
I really liked it. it's a nice cool down mode after playing exhaustive rounds of Push. Very calming.

4. CATCH - I was looking forward to this mode when I saw gameplay videos, and while it's fun, it's not as awesome as I thought it'd be. It wasn't until I was playing for a while when I realized I could speed up the speed of the falling pieces XD I was going there thinking, "Oh geez, the blocks move way too slow. This isn't fun." Well I'm glad I learned something new.
I agree. Very innovative, but I was expecting it to get more exciting. Driving the gather block is also a bit cumbersome.

5. MISSION - I didn't think I'd like this mode much, but to my surprise, it's a lot more fun than I thought. I hate the missions where you have to clear the red line, though, 'cause I keep subconsciously clearing lines far below the line, making it take longer to complete the mission!
I know what you mean! This was an ingenious mode though. There are a lot tought missions as you go along. Love that it's set in Hyrule too. How fitting!

6. PUZZLE - A fun little diversion to pass the time. I like it more than Touch.
I like that it's built around Yoshi's Cookie. When I first played it, I was like, "Oh man, they remade YC and they made the blocks microscopic! How am I ever going to distinguish these colors!" Then I noticed the blocks at the bottom. Whew!

I used to be horribly addicted to Tetris back in the day, and eventually it became very boring to me. However, I was horribly mistaken. With the new modes included in Tetris DS, it looks like Tetris still has a lot of staying power left!. My other favourite puzzle games are Dr. Mario and Pokémon Puzzle League/Challenge.

Does nobody wish to play with me?
I have a Tetris game (and often more than one) for every console I own. It's always been a staple purchase fo me, but I watch TDS closely because I was somewhat disappointed by Tetris Worlds. The music was sub-par, the multiplayer was too small, and I didn't like the premsie. TDS is a return to the Tetris greatness I've been craving!

Oh yeah, and I'll play wit' ya! I put your code in. I may be online later . . . We'll see.

Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 06:49 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 01:49 PM #60 of 119

Does nobody wish to play with me?
Sure, I'll challenge you to a few games .
Just PM me about it. I'm reinstalling a OS on another computer at the moment so I'm killing time by trying out these new modes. And by the way, I am not good at Push Mode ;_;. Although, I agree you; it is one of the best modes in the game.. next to the good old standard mode!

friend code: 406274-690641

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Kairyu; Mar 23, 2006 at 06:51 PM. Reason: typo
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 07:06 PM #61 of 119
Wahoo! More players! Unfortunately, I chose 'invite friends' in the menu and nothing happens? I just see my name. Is it supposed to be like that? Does it mean nobody in my Friends roster is online?

Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 07:20 PM #62 of 119
Wahoo! More players! Unfortunately, I chose 'invite friends' in the menu and nothing happens? I just see my name. Is it supposed to be like that? Does it mean nobody in my Friends roster is online?
Thats exactly what it means. Btw, for everyone who adds me,
(000314
024692)

send me a PM or somethign so I can add you back.

How ya doing, buddy?

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 07:38 PM #63 of 119
Man, I gotta brush up on my skills XD

I played against Star last night and I won. I played several games with Kairyu and lost, haha. I guess Hard Drop is a must for multi-player, but I find it tends to screw me up a lot :(

How ya doing, buddy?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 09:35 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 07:35 PM #64 of 119
I finally got around to ordering Tetris DS. Soon I'll be a tetrisminohead like the rest of you crazy fools. Can't wait.

waka waka

sanemonkey • twitter • last.fm • gfw • backlog • youtube • xbox
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:16 PM #65 of 119
I just came back from a lengthy gaming session between Turbo, Starman and Merv, and it was so much fun!! We did have lots of connection problems though, which I hope gets straightened out soon.

Push is very fun multiplayer as well. I played against Turbo three times.

P.S. The lightning bolt item is EVIL and should be BANNED.

Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 04:28 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 11:28 PM #66 of 119
Man, I gotta brush up on my skills XD

I played against Star last night and I won. I played several games with Kairyu and lost, haha. I guess Hard Drop is a must for multi-player, but I find it tends to screw me up a lot
Sorry XD
Nintendo64's New Tetris made me play like that! Honest! I could not even compete with my friends if I didn't learn to play fast.

Quote:
P.S. The lightning bolt item is EVIL and should be BANNED.
Oh yeah, that lightning bolt. When I was first hit by it I thought my control pad broke ._.
What a crazy item.

Anyway, I'll have to look for the rest of you tetris heads on irc, hehe.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 09:41 AM #67 of 119
Originally Posted by Kairyu
Sorry XD
Nintendo64's New Tetris made me play like that! Honest! I could not even compete with my friends if I didn't learn to play fast.
Point taken. That's why I turned Hard Drop back on after we stopp playing so I can compete more efficently as well. Hehehe, I did win some games later on against the guys I mentioned above.

Quote:
Anyway, I'll have to look for the rest of you tetris heads on irc, hehe.
Quite. This game is so much fun against other people!!

Update: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I lost Standard mode at 198 lines!! *SOB!*
I heard that if you win with 200 lines, you unlock Endless mode where there are no goals. Man, this sucks. Well I'm off to try again XD

P.S. Okay, I'm stumped at the themes shown at level 17 and above. I've never seen those before. What games are they from? I recognize Duck Hunt, and Excitebike, but everything else are quite foreign to me. I have a feeling that the one on level 17 may be Clu Clu Land.

P.P.S. I DID IT!!! I won Standard!! It took me several more tries to get it, and I did use the rotation trick a lot to plan my next moves from the next 6 pieces. When I started getting close to 200 though, I was panicking and my screen was starting to pile up to the top...but I hung in there and I won! Cute credits! :3

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Freelance; Mar 24, 2006 at 01:08 PM.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:07 AM #68 of 119
I played the game when I went to work and when I came home from work, so I had plenty of time to check out all the modes available. Here are my opinions for each:

Compared to Tetris DX, it sure does get a lot faster much earlier. I kind of like that though because I felt that Tetris DX dragged on after awhile where I would get up to the super fast speeds but then lose, and go all the way back down. And yes I realize I could've started out a faster speed, but I guess I'm just strange in that I always like to start back at the begining.

Quote:
I like this mode for warming myself up if I've just started playing the game. I usually play it at least once before I decide whether to play another round, or change modes. I like it's slower pace overall for playing in the mornings when I'm not entirely awake yet.

Quote:
This is currently one of my favorite modes to play! Granted I haven't played Push yet, but I just love the Metroid theme and reverse logic behind this mode. So much fun.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 01:52 PM #69 of 119
... Update: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I lost Standard mode at 198 lines!! *SOB!*
I heard that if you win with 200 lines, you unlock Endless mode where there are no goals. Man, this sucks. Well I'm off to try again XD ...
I haven't got to 100 lines.
<_<

TheUnknownForce
200 Lines of Tetris blocks...in my HEAD!

Member 3875

Level 1.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 06:05 PM #70 of 119
I played Tetris on my Gameboy back in the day. Memories, mmm. I haven't played a Tetris game since then, excluding my calculator. The infinite spin thing was a bit odd for me when I started, but when I got around level 9 in Marathon, I realized how helpful it is.

I've gotten up to level 13, I believe. I sure hope I can grab a Wifi Connector, so I can finally play all the online titles out there.

*goes back to Push Mode*

How ya doing, buddy?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 07:50 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 05:50 PM #71 of 119
Wow...I never thought the actual game mode would end...Sad...only 20 levels...

FELIPE NO
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 07:51 PM #72 of 119
Originally Posted by Slash
Wow...I never thought the actual game mode would end...Sad...only 20 levels...
Assuming you actually won Marathon mode, go play it again. There's now an Endless option. Problem solved.

SexConker
Wark!

Member 3204

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 02:35 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 12:35 AM #73 of 119
Hey guys.
My friend code for Tetris DS is:

Im SexConker on WFC, too.

If you add me (ADD ME!) PM me or e-mail me or whatever with your code.

And the DS Friend code thread is here:
http://gamingforce.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586

Last edited by SexConker; Mar 26, 2006 at 05:39 PM.
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 02:25 AM #74 of 119
Well I manage to unlock endless mode over the weekend and just a few minutes ago I lost at level 54. Damn it was just crazy! @_@

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 02:37 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 08:37 PM #75 of 119
Originally Posted by CileGray
Best tetris since... well humm... TetriNET.

And about TetriNet, we should play together. Somehow the 'add line' and 'earthquakes' just add so much frustration to the game
TetriNET is broken, dude. The last time I was on people were spelling "FUCK YOU" with their tetris blocks. Needless to say, there's hacks and crap out there where you can't lose, or you can wipe your entire column. It really sucks.

But yeah, TetriNET was awesome. I remember playing that with a bunch of people and they were basically letting me win. Still, it was quite fun. I'd just like to say that I hope Tetris DS isn't exactly one of those games that you'll be playing mostly online - I'd like it if you'd keep coming back for single player, not just the online capabilities.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Tetris DS