Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Tori-Emaki

eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2007, 01:20 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2007, 01:20 AM #1 of 8
Tori-Emaki

Ok. I'm trying to break away from posting new stuff in the PS3 Discussion thread, as I don't want it to turn into a giant cluttered heap of shit like the last one. Even so, I was a little confused on what to do with this one, since this isn't technically a game - but more of an interactive screen saver.

Anyways. I just saw all of this over at NeoGAF.

YouTube Video

It's an interactive screen saver designed for use with the PlayStation Eye. This doesn't seem to be anything like Loco Roco Cocorecco, as that was more of a mini game than a screen saver. It's supposed to be available on the PSN Store sometime after the PlayStation Eye is released.

Basically, you set up the PlayStation Eye, sit down on your couch, guide a flock of birds through a giant piece of old Japanese art, and then fall into a deep sleep .

Purdy screens:
Spoiler:

I really dig this kind of shit. TOTALLY reminded me of Okami. Still, I'm a little bummed that it requires the PlayStation Eye. I'm hoping that maybe they have the birds fly randomly around the paintings if you don't have the PS Eye, since I don't really feel like dropping the money on one just for this game/screen saver/whatever it really is.

Even so, I thought it was totally cool and absolutely loved the whole idea. I would come home from class and take an hour nap to this thing. That is if all of my roomates aren't currently ranking up my guy in Warhawk....

What do you guys think?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
trackjacket
With a Twist of Lemon

Member 22470

Level 13.94

May 2007

Old Oct 8, 2007, 01:38 AM #2 of 8
This is the kind of content that the PlayStation Store/Xbox Live Marketplace/WiiWare need, because it gives developers a chance to do these experimental projects that wouldn't be funded, otherwise. The only thing that bothers me about this particularly is the whole "interactive screensaver" bit (I understand that's the premise of the whole thing, though). LocoRoco Cocoreccho! (the other PSN title that was described as an "interactive screensaver") is going for $7 on the PlayStation Store.

In terms of price, that's definitely pushing it. You could argue, though, that the Wii Virtual Console isn't really offering much for $7 (SNES games, I think?) in comparison. The PlayStation Store, luckily, isn't like Xbox Live Marketplace where the cheapest price out there is $5. There are a few games available for $3, which is great. I guess the quality is questionable when you're playing something so cheap, though.

But, yeah, there's a definite need for these more -- what you would generally associate as "indie" or off-beat -- games available as downloadable titles.

How ya doing, buddy?
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Oct 8, 2007, 01:57 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2007, 08:57 AM #3 of 8
This looks nice, I also hope it will work without PlayStation Eye. I'm not planning to get Eye, since the only game I've seen for it is some queer card shit.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2007, 02:29 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2007, 01:29 AM #4 of 8
It's not a game?

*sobs* ...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2007, 05:17 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2007, 11:17 PM 1 #5 of 8
It's not a game?

*sobs* ...
What's wrong with that? Fits the PS3 perfectly.

I was speaking idiomatically.
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2007, 12:15 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2007, 12:15 PM #6 of 8
Yeah, I guess the two things that are going to truly impact my decision on this is the price and if it requires the PlayStation eye :/.

I think I would be willing to pay about $6.99 for this. It seems like I'll use it enough to justify the price, anyways. I also want it to BE A REAL SCREENSAVER. When I leave my PS3 idle on the XMB for about 5-10 mins, I would much rather have this shit kick in then have the screen simply go dim.

Hell, I THINK when they first announced Loco Roco, they said in an interview that the 'game' would start up if the system was left idle, and you could just watch them bounce around and do there thing, but I have yet to actually see that :/.

Maybe screen savers will be implemented in a future firmware update. Who knows...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2007, 01:06 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2007, 01:06 PM #7 of 8
I'll definitely pick that up. I'll be getting Eye of Judgment when it comes in so I'll have the Eye already set in place.

And you know, I know the game looks pretty queer, but Eye of Judgment was a lot of fun when I played it at the GameStop Conference last month. I sat down and played with one of their product managers and played two or three rounds with him. It's a really fun distraction from games like Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden, etc. Hopefully some of you GFF PS3 owners will pick this up so we can do some online matches.

FELIPE NO

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 9, 2007, 04:12 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2007, 12:12 AM #8 of 8
I tried this months back and the visual style and execution is impeccable. It's completely useless, but it's a very, very beautiful kind of useless. Controlling the crows around took some getting used to, but it's all very strangely serene and hypnotic. Then the bizarro extra visual effects kicked in and I went to play more Pain.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Tori-Emaki