Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] Official MUGEN Thread
Closed Thread

DaProblem
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10502

Level 1.21

Aug 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 08:03 AM #101 of 1438
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
I can send you Spidey, and I have a crappy PS1 Hulk. The rest you listed would be available in the torrent I provided in the first page (and in BigWorm's link).

As for me, I want Homer Simpson. I've looked everywhere but haven't managed to find them.

Also, the Guilty Gear characters I linked to last page are strange. They don't have .def files, but .png files. What's the deal? Will they still work, or will I have to look elsewhere? I still want Sol and Dizzy but I can't find either.
If its a crappy hulk,than forget it...ill dwld the link you told me,thanks alot

I was speaking idiomatically.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 12:13 PM #102 of 1438
I finally got through playing the majority of the characters I'd wanted to in the screenpack, and now I have to get me some new characters. One question in particular:
I'm not looking to add any new characters anytime soon and I don't want to screw anything up, so is there a quick way to remove some of the stages? I don't want "Sexy Skies" or "Whore House" to appear after a random select and have people walk in on that >_>

I'm liking how overpowered the Kula clone with the fire attacks is, with more than 5 supers at her disposal and infinite super in the third round!

BBHood's new homing missile super is genius.

My favourite character decidedly is Mariah, since the hanging wire move now hits for waaaaay too long and comboing "What Are You Thinking?" after that is almost round over. I laughed for quite a while when my friend was open jawed after I did that.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
DaProblem
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10502

Level 1.21

Aug 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 12:16 PM #103 of 1438
A, I dont use torrent files ... so can someone send me by rapidshare or just gimme a web site link to superman,goku SSj3 or 4, cloud,sakura Please

FELIPE NO
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 12:29 PM #104 of 1438
Summonmaster: Just remove the folders in their entirety in the \stages dir. That, or rename them, since their name will differ from those that were put in select.def, MUGEN won't pick them up.

Most amazing jew boots
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
ĝЋ0ŝŧ452

Member 10538

Level 1.10

Aug 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:54 PM Local time: Aug 2, 2006, 01:54 PM #105 of 1438
Part 1 and 2

Originally Posted by BIGWORM

part 1. I'll get the second part going right now.

Hey BIG, would it be a problem to up parts 1 and 2 one more time please? they expired...

Most amazing jew boots
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 05:09 PM #106 of 1438
Possibility. I'll probably upload them if there's a general need for them. That's over a gig of stuff to upload--it'll take a while. Are you looking for characters by chance? Anything that maybe SOLDIER or someone else could upload?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 05:28 PM #107 of 1438
I'm still discovering new characters each day, so it'll be a while before I have a "final list". In the meantime, here's another cool site worth checking.

http://fanaticmugen.free.fr/index_eng.php

They've got the Arcade Vegeta and King Piccolo. Awesome. The affiliates lead to other sites with some cool characters worth grabbing if you're a DBZ fan.

Why are Superman's voice samples so horrible?

How ya doing, buddy?
CapturedPenguin
Spidey Sense

Member 40

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 08:35 AM #108 of 1438
Originally Posted by DaProblem
If its a crappy hulk,than forget it...ill dwld the link you told me,thanks alot
If you still need Hulk, I have the one from MvC.

http://rapidshare.de/files/28035483/hulk.rar.html

Additional Post:

I got back into the M.U.G.E.N. scene little over a year ago, and was slowly building my own game. I stopped because the scene had really died out and it was hard to find the specific characters I wanted. I strived to get all of the Chibi Capcom characters that were created, and ended up succeeding very well. I have a lot of rare ones, such as Chibi Chun-Li, but if you look on my select screen and see any that you like, let me know I'm sure I can rar some up as I did for Hulk. I'll even include a screenshot of said character in action if you so want. With this thread it looks like I might start recreating the game I saught to make something out of last year.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by CapturedPenguin; Aug 3, 2006 at 08:51 AM.
Victory23

Member 10580

Level 1.60

Aug 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 12:21 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2006, 12:21 PM #109 of 1438
Forum Newbie

Hey, everybody! New guy to these forums, but I've been using MUGEN for the past few months. Plenty of good characters and stages to offer. I'll contribute right away by offering a link where you'll find tons of video game soundtracks in MP3. Great for finding BG music for your MUGEN stages!

(Since I'm new, I'm not allowed to post a URL. So, change all the commas to periods in the link below and add an http: before using.)

//gh,ffshrine,org/soundtracks,php

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 01:27 PM #110 of 1438
Wow, where'd you get all those characters? I see quite a few I've yet to find, like Deadpool.

DaProblem

Member 10502

Level 1.21

Aug 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 02:23 PM #111 of 1438
i want collosus from xmen & superman badly..any1 can rapidshare it for me please...oh and thanks penguin for hulk.:biggrin:

FELIPE NO
:ninja:
CapturedPenguin
Spidey Sense

Member 40

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 12:24 AM #112 of 1438
Wow, where'd you get all those characters? I see quite a few I've yet to find, like Deadpool.
Various forums and such, I lucked out with a few using archive.org as sometimes it seems to cache downloadable links. If you'd like Deadpool, I put him on rapidshare for you, but I'll let you know right now his code is pure shit. I have him just because I believe it's the only one out there, but don't expect to play him to his fullest ability.

http://rapidshare.de/files/28113681/deadpool.rar.html

Originally Posted by DaProblem
i want collosus from xmen & superman badly..any1 can rapidshare it for me please...oh and thanks penguin for hulk.:biggrin:
Not a problem, I was aware you needed though as well, here you go.

http://rapidshare.de/files/28113830/chars.rar.html

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

highestgrade

Member 10597

Level 1.02

Aug 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 03:18 AM #113 of 1438
omega red?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 04:13 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 10:13 AM #114 of 1438
Why do you guys stick to EVE Lifebar that badly, from screens I see you are using 'doubleres = 4' which is causing problems to the lifebar. The font is too small and it does not look right. I sugest using proper version of CVS2-like lifebar. http://www.geocities.jp/mugen2004rai...en_lifebar.htm

Sweeper
Carob Nut

Member 735

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 04:26 AM #115 of 1438
darn i'm having problems starting up mugen, I downloaded "ultimate mugen' from isohunt. THe problem i'm having is when i click on mugen.exe, it goes to a screen that says 'cant change screen to 620x24... something 16 bits, (change screen y/n). cept pressing 'y' doesn't do anything. Anyone else have this problem or know what i'm talking about?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
CapturedPenguin
Spidey Sense

Member 40

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 10:56 AM #116 of 1438
Originally Posted by Sweeper
darn i'm having problems starting up mugen, I downloaded "ultimate mugen' from isohunt. THe problem i'm having is when i click on mugen.exe, it goes to a screen that says 'cant change screen to 620x24... something 16 bits, (change screen y/n). cept pressing 'y' doesn't do anything. Anyone else have this problem or know what i'm talking about?
Sweeper the version of MUGEN that came with is the old DOS version, check out this thread I'm pretty sure there's a link to the winmugen which is more compatible running inside Windows. Should take care of your problem.

Originally Posted by WooshaQ
Why do you guys stick to EVE Lifebar that badly, from screens I see you are using 'doubleres = 4' which is causing problems to the lifebar. The font is too small and it does not look right. I sugest using proper version of CVS2-like lifebar. http://www.geocities.jp/mugen2004rai...en_lifebar.htm
Thank you, i'll take it into consideration.

Originally Posted by highestgrade
omega red?
Here you go.

http://rapidshare.de/files/28173102/omega.rar.html

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 01:49 PM #117 of 1438
I'm willing to give the lifebar a shot so long as you can give me the quick version to installing it.

And the WIN version of MUGEN can be found in page one. Does that torrent I provided (the one under "important") still work? If not I'll try to update the page with a more recent one.

WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 02:22 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 08:22 PM #118 of 1438
You lazy bastard! ;p Hehe, kiddin'. Anyhow, 3 step tutorial:
1. Extract and put the 'life_cvs2' folder into the Data folder.
2. Edit system.def with notepad or whatever and look for a line:
Quote:
fight = fight.def
change it to:
Quote:
fight = life_cvs2/fight.def
3. Save, play, enjoy!

One more thing:
Can you guys post the list of characters you have? I really would be happy to see a list of some rare chars (that went down because of the will of the creator and are available only by request at Mugen guild for example). For instance I have all CVS2 Warusaki's (chars with cvs2 power guage and scoring system) plus all M@ppy's creations (including: Duck King, Q-bee, Akari, Kojiroh and Mokuro), cool edit of Hotaru Futaba from MOTW: Zero Hotaru and few others. I'm looking for Holy Ken and Evil Dan (Capcom edit, not the one from SvC)

Last edited by WooshaQ; Aug 4, 2006 at 02:39 PM.
CapturedPenguin
Spidey Sense

Member 40

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 02:52 PM #119 of 1438
Here's my list, not really organized.
Code:
Abubo 
Alex                    
Balrog  
Bane          
Birdie      
Blanka     
Cable      
cammy       
Carlos      
Chang
Cody            
Dan         
Deejay      
Demitris    
Dhalsim     
Dudley      
Fei-long
Gen  
Geese
gideon     
Gou        
Grant      
Griffon    
Guido         
Guile      
Guy        
Honda            
Juni
Juri
Karin
Ken      
Lobo        
Pyron         
Rolento    
Ryu DG  
Ryu SFA
Sagat Z     
Blanka (SF2)  
Sagat  (SF2)
Chunli (SF3)
Akuma (SF3)
Hugo (SF3_
Shigen      
Sodom            
Terry      
Thawk      
Vega
M-Bison
Zangief
Mech Zangief
Chun-Li (SvC)
Lang
Charlotte
Billy
Lrauser
Krizalid
Haiji
Nobunaga
colossus
Gambit
Juggernaut
Iceman
Wolverine
Sabretooth
Cyclops
Hulk
Ironman
War Machine
Deadpool
Havok
Superman
Dr Doom
Captain America
Omega Red
Onslaught
Sentinel
Magneto
Apocolypes
Spiderman
Pocket Zangief
Pocket Felicia
Pocket Ibuki
Pocket Akuma
Pocket Ryu
Pocket Ken
Pocket Dan
Pocket Morrigan
Evil Dan     
Evil Ken     
Evil Ryu
Potemkin
Millia
Baldhead
Ky
Chipp
Baiken
Sol 
Testament
Axl
Strider Hiryu
Thor
Necro
Can you guys post the list of characters you have? I really would be happy to see a list of some rare chars (that went down because of the will of the creator and are available only by request at Mugen guild for example). For instance I have all CVS2 Warusaki's (chars with cvs2 power guage and scoring system) plus all M@ppy's creations (including: Duck King, Q-bee, Akari, Kojiroh and Mokuro), cool edit of Hotaru Futaba from MOTW: Zero Hotaru and few others. I'm looking for Holy Ken and Evil Dan (Capcom edit, not the one from SvC)
For Evil Dan, this is the one you want correct?
http://rapidshare.de/files/28198526/EvilDan.rar.html

Also, I changed my lifebars, I agree they do look and work a lot better now, thanks for that tip.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by CapturedPenguin; Aug 4, 2006 at 02:56 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 03:17 PM #120 of 1438
I'll be happy to provide a character list, but I'm still adding characters and testing them out (which ones are worth keeping, which ones are broken or just crappy, etc). Once I sort most of them out I'll be happy to give you my list.

Quote:
I just wanted to be careful since MUGEN has a habit of breaking easily.

Oh, and in regards to adding stages, what can I do to control the order of the stages? For example, if I want to add 5 stages and test each one after, how do I make it so those 5 stages will be the first ones I cycle towards?

Penguin, can I have Sol?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
CapturedPenguin
Spidey Sense

Member 40

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 03:47 PM #121 of 1438
Penguin, can I have Sol?
Not a problem, here you go.
http://rapidshare.de/files/28203963/sol.rar.html

Jam it back in, in the dark.

WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 04:05 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 10:05 PM #122 of 1438
I wonder if you heard of mugen Link conversion, yes the one from Zelda. Pretty well done I must say. Can be seen here. It's not rare though, can be downloaded from the authors site.

By looking at your screenshot I see that your version of Sol Badguy is quite old, I mean it's probably the one riped from PSX version... Few post ago I gave link to IMO much better version of Sol with all the stuff from GGXX#R! It's worth to try.

Zero Hotaru in action...

Another cool lifebar, from KOF XI this time. Requires additional sprites, though. Still looks amazing! >Clicky.<

PLUS, another good mugen news site: http://www.mugenwu.cal.pl/news.php

Last edited by WooshaQ; Aug 4, 2006 at 05:01 PM.
Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 05:05 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 02:05 PM #123 of 1438
1. Extract and put the 'life_cvs2' folder into the Data folder.
2. Edit system.def with notepad or whatever and look for a line:

change it to:

3. Save, play, enjoy!

One more thing:
Sweet, thank for those. I do like those lifebars, but what would you suggest putting the double res option on? I usually have it to equal 2, but what do you use? If you use doubleres= 2 the characters look great, but the text is huge and blown up, and if you use doubleres = 4 the text is very smooth, but the characters look way too pixel-y.

What are the settings that you use?

Also, here is a cool character I found: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...6CF05F21AD4EDA

It's Ruby Heart from some Capcom game, can't remember which one though :P

How ya doing, buddy?
vboy23
Carob Nut

Member 10501

Level 4.59

Aug 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 05:06 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 04:06 PM #124 of 1438
WooshaQ - how do you edit the time display and the char names under the life bars? Mine's way too big it covers part of the lifebars.

WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 05:21 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 11:21 PM #125 of 1438
Originally Posted by vboy23
WooshaQ - how do you edit the time display and the char names under the life bars? Mine's way too big it covers part of the lifebars.
Open mugen.cfg, search for DoubleRes and set the value to 4.

Well Ken, it depends on the point of view... Actually I don't mind that much if the chars are super smooth or not, at least when it comes to filters offered by mugen. Doubleres set to 4 has one giant advantage, it correctly dispalys GG hi-res characters, so they look like in original game.

How ya doing, buddy?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] Official MUGEN Thread