Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] PSP Discussion. Hay guys I just got one for Crisis Core, can u help me how 2 hax pls?

Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:53 AM #26 of 1496
I just got my PSP, along with Coded Arms. Got boring in a very short period of time, unfortunately.

Most amazing jew boots
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:01 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:01 AM #27 of 1496
Originally Posted by Hiiragi
I just got my PSP, along with Coded Arms. Got boring in a very short period of time, unfortunately.
I'm sorry to hear that. Coded Arms has taken a lot of fire for being not very good.
I don't know your tastes in games, nor the american PSP prices, but some games in Europe has gotten a price slash, so I guess that they have in the US too. I can recommend Lumines. (I keep calling it some sort of future Tetris, and I hope I'm not mistaken)
Some of the ports are great too. Burnout Legends is incredible. Sitting in the train, smashing for thousand of dollars worth of cars can't be beaten.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:20 AM #28 of 1496
Originally Posted by Jazzflight
I'd just like to warn everyone to

DO NOT BUY GENERATION OF CHAOS

It's a horrible, dispicable excuse for a "game," and is an incredible disappointment, as the artwork and music aren't too bad. Unfortunately, the gameplay is about as easy and/or fun as taking high level calculus classes. Without a teacher. And your textbook is in Spanish.

-There is no tutorial in the game.
-You can barely command your troops in battle, making it a toss up if you'll win/lose. Not to mention the fact that battles are incredibly sluggish and chug like the game is on an outdated PC.
-Load times are frequent and slow the game to a snail's pace.
-All the menu commands are confusingly abbreviated in 3 letters like RCT, ARG, PRS.
-The instruction manual only defines terms but doesn't help you apply it to any actual process or strategy.
-The DIALOGUE TEXT LAGS during story parts.
-The saving process is cumbersome (making you rename your save file and asking you if you want to delete some files even if you have hundreds of MB of space, EVERY TIME).
-The text is nigh-unreadable as it's a tiny, mangled serif font.
-It's not a NIS game, it's an Idea Factory game, so don't think I'm hating on NIS. I love Disgaea and Phantom Brave.

Just check the board for this game on GameFAQs, you'll see a real shitfest going on. Fortunately, the day I bought it, I also put it up on eBay for 30 bucks and it sold in a few hours (I couldn't return it to EB, and their trade-in value is 15 bucks, talk about rip-off).

I'm finally glad to have it off my hands.
I bought it for like 15 or 20 bucks. The Japanese version. Months ago. That shit baffled me and I speak Japanese pretty fluently. I played it for like 2 days and gave up on it.

Please, don't buy it.

Originally Posted by Hiiragi
There's your first mistake.

Anyway, I got Boku to Watashi no Katamari while I was lounging in Tokyo. It makes Katamari portable, and that is indeed goodness, but at the price of difficulty level. It's really hard. Really, really hard. You get used to the controls, but you never get too used to them. There are still stages I can't quite manage to beat. With time, I suppose.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
LivingDreams
Chocobo

Member 520

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:22 AM #29 of 1496
What GENERATION OF CHAOS like? Whats it about?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Eat glass.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:27 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 10:27 AM #30 of 1496
Living Dreams, just read the post above you. o.o; And don't buy it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:49 AM #31 of 1496
you dont even have too read it. whne i saw it in the stores.. the cover made me decide to not buy it.. Popolocrois looks more interesting than that.

On a side NOTE:

As some of you know. Megaman Powered Up was released yesterday in Japan. that being said. the person who played the game gave us more interesting info that when you beat the game.. you also get to play as Protoman AKA Protoman Powered Up.... u.u.

EDIT : joy.. someone some megaman/retrofaction has proof

http://megaman.retrofaction.com/blues.jpg

wait...the numbers on the top are back o.o..

FELIPE NO

Last edited by chato; Mar 5, 2006 at 11:41 AM.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:46 PM #32 of 1496
Originally Posted by chato
As some of you know. Megaman Powered Up was released yesterday in Japan. that being said. the person who played the game gave us more interesting info that when you beat the game.. you also get to play as Protoman AKA Protoman Powered Up.... u.u.

EDIT : joy.. someone some megaman/retrofaction has proof

http://megaman.retrofaction.com/blues.jpg

wait...the numbers on the top are back o.o..
Man, I can't wait for that game. MHX was great on it's own, and how you could play as Vile (which put a new spin on the game), but with MMPU, you can play as all the robot masters and more, along with a level editor that hooks up to the internet for level sharing.

Replay value = through the roof!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Anubis
Melancholy Requiem

Member 1394

Level 7.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:48 PM #33 of 1496
I need some help. I'm buying a PSP (For the 3rd time) so the firmware should be 2.6. Is there any way to play homebrew games? I already know there is no way to downgrade the latest firmware, so... Is there another way?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:49 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:49 PM #34 of 1496
Man, I can't wait for that game. MHX was great on it's own, and how you could play as Vile (which put a new spin on the game), but with MMPU, you can play as all the robot masters and more, along with a level editor that hooks up to the internet for level sharing.

Has it been confirmed that you can play through as all the robot masters? I'd like to see a screen shot or scanned article if possible. o.o;

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:43 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 08:43 PM #35 of 1496
Originally Posted by Pietak
Looks like MPH finally got there...

More Info/Download
Ah, a nice step to anti-piracy, but GTA loaded and performed much better with the usage of my Memory Stick as opposed to UMD. But shoot, now I can get Ac!d2 running on my 1.5 PSP, excellent!
Wow, thanks for the info. I've been trying to play GTA:LCS via Memory stick all day long and I cannot seem to get it to work. I've used 2 different guides so I hope this one works.

Other than that, well, I LOVE my PSP, it's just an awesome device. I downgraded it to 1.5 and I've been playing Emultators all the time. I have FIFA 2006 but I haven't played it more than 1 hour. Nice game, though.

I'm waiting for the next generation of games, it's current game library looks weak to me, I'd love to see a MGS port for it... :drool:

Godai
the best damn thing

Member 811

Level 20.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:07 PM #36 of 1496
I'm finally getting some actual gaming time on my PSP with Maverick Hunter X, was just playing Vile's game on the subway. Things are looking to pick up this year.

muSIQ ZUKI
Wark!

Member 1726

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:30 PM #37 of 1496
Man, I played the trial version of Rockman Rockman, the game is a little bit too cutey cutey for me. The voice acting in the japanese version is kinda kiddy-like. The gameplay is ok though~ kinda old school. I guess the level-editor would make up for it though =.=

I was speaking idiomatically.
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:57 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:57 AM #38 of 1496
Wow, I just made my ISO copy of GTA:LCS and I'm amazed. The graphics are AWESOME and the gameplay too, I've been playing for 30 minutes and you know that is a Grand Theft Auto.

I've been enjoying Emulation for the past weeks and now I get to play the real deal. It's soooo great to have the best of 2 worlds in a single device thanks to Firmware 1.5.

I think on getting a PSP for my sister, I'm sure she'll enjoy it a lot, I'm considering the White one, but I'm not really sure if I should get a 2.X firmware version PSP.... mmhhh

kensuke
E.D.F! E.D.F!

Member 1846

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:19 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 11:49 PM #39 of 1496
Originally Posted by Anubis
I need some help. I'm buying a PSP (For the 3rd time) so the firmware should be 2.6. Is there any way to play homebrew games? I already know there is no way to downgrade the latest firmware, so... Is there another way?
http://www.fanjita.org/

You can play home brew on 2.01+ firmware.. You just need a copy of GTA:LCS.

FELIPE NO
Anubis
Melancholy Requiem

Member 1394

Level 7.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:03 PM #40 of 1496
Originally Posted by kensuke
http://www.fanjita.org/

You can play home brew on 2.01+ firmware.. You just need a copy of GTA:LCS.
So... How exactly does this work? You need to have the GTA UMD inserted or something?

Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:14 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:14 PM #41 of 1496
It's basically a savegame exploit. The modified savegame causes a buffer overflow upon loading, allowing it to execute custom code and flush the memory. It then loads up a launcher from which you can run your own homebrew EBOOT-files.

The latest version of the launcher is compatible with a lot of existing homebrew, including the best emulators.

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:29 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:29 PM #42 of 1496
Originally Posted by Rock
The latest version of the launcher is compatible with a lot of existing homebrew, including the best emulators.
Yeah I was wondering that. You can run homebrow the same way you run it on 1.5 (Drag and drop, you know)? Also, what emulators are supported?

Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:42 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:42 PM #43 of 1496
All you need to know about homebrew on 2.01+ is on www.fanjita.org.

You copy your EBOOTs to the PSP much in the same way as you would for 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0. You can only run them from the launcher, which requires the GTA exploit, though.

I've tested this with Snes9x TYL 0.3, DGEN and NesterJ. The latest ScummVM also works if you set the exploit savegame to autoload with GTA.

Last edited by Rock; Mar 6, 2006 at 02:45 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:04 PM #44 of 1496

The game rip for the game is out.. all i can say is.. holy shit.. a perfect remix for a great remake.. listen to time man's theme.. just wow ..

http://www.atomic-fire.com/index.php?page=org_rmrm

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:18 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 06:18 PM #45 of 1496
Originally Posted by SouthJag
Has it been confirmed that you can play through as all the robot masters? I'd like to see a screen shot or scanned article if possible. o.o;
Reposting a question...

Most amazing jew boots

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:26 PM #46 of 1496
Jazzflight, how is Ultimate Block Party? I've been meaning to pick it up if I ever see it anywhere, although I heard no mention of chain shouts with different characters like in Puyo Pop Fever or Tetris Attack.

I also want to pick up Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max since I had not played SFA 3, even back in the PS1 days. Ingrid really is the driving factor since I loved her in Capcom Fighting Evolution, although I also like this Dramatic Battle feature too.

Looks like I'm over-excited about trying stuff out because the third game I'm looking at is Darkstalkers Chronicle. I just need to know if it's more of the same stuff as Darkstalkers 3? I'll get it if the unlockables are worthy.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:56 PM #47 of 1496
Originally Posted by SouthJag
Reposting a question...
Yes it's been confirmed by people who have the game.

See some of these shots for proof:
http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3143481
There are also some videos on that site, I think. I remember seeing one with Iceman going through a stage.

Read some of the posts at the gamefaqs.com entry for the game if you want more discussion:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...p?board=929675

You have to destroy the Robot master with only the standard buster in order to unlock them for use (but you can go back and try again as many times as you'd like, there's no missable stuff).

Ultimately, you can unlock 12/13 characters for use.
Spoiler:
1. Megaman
2-9. Robot Masters
10. Roll
11. Protoman
12. Megaman C (slide and power shot)
13. Rock (with "rock kick" attack)

Originally Posted by Summonmaster
Jazzflight, how is Ultimate Block Party? I've been meaning to pick it up if I ever see it anywhere, although I heard no mention of chain shouts with different characters like in Puyo Pop Fever or Tetris Attack.

I also want to pick up Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max since I had not played SFA 3, even back in the PS1 days. Ingrid really is the driving factor since I loved her in Capcom Fighting Evolution, although I also like this Dramatic Battle feature too.

Looks like I'm over-excited about trying stuff out because the third game I'm looking at is Darkstalkers Chronicle. I just need to know if it's more of the same stuff as Darkstalkers 3? I'll get it if the unlockables are worthy.
Ultimate Block Party is fun, I haven't played too much of it, though. It's like Tetris Attack, but instead of swapping blocks next to each other horizontally, you spin 2x2 sections of the screen clockwise or counter-clockwise and try to line up 4 in a row. There's solo and versus mode like tetris attack, and there are combo attacks you can use against the opponent (based on which color bricks you eliminated).

I'd say get it used, maybe 20 bucks. 30 bucks if you're a real puzzle freak. Mainly because it doesn't have unlockables. The only real replay value is trying to get a higher score or beating the "story" mode (no real story, just a sequence of opponents).

FELIPE NO

Last edited by JazzFlight; Mar 6, 2006 at 07:01 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:48 PM #48 of 1496
Originally Posted by Summonmaster

the only flaw of this game is that youcan't use the analog .. but i have it and i still pull off combos..

alkaline
Run Home Slow

Member 1696

Level 8.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:56 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:56 PM #49 of 1496
I blame DJ Max Portable for forcing me into using my PSP again. Not only that but updating it as well! The emulation scene moved far too slow for my tastes.

There are so many awesome PSP games coming out, and the import scene is really fired up at the moment. If you can stand the hand-cramps, My My Katamari is pretty good. It takes a bit to get used to it, and it's never going to be as good as the console version, but it does the job. Initial D came out a week or so ago and it's about as perfect of a port as you can get.

Recently though, I've just been using it to catch up with Anime and to refresh myself on 24 each week.

Quote:
Man, I played the trial version of Rockman Rockman, the game is a little bit too cutey cutey for me. The voice acting in the japanese version is kinda kiddy-like. The gameplay is ok though~ kinda old school. I guess the level-editor would make up for it though =.=
Rockman Rockman turned out a lot better than I expected. I still don't like the way Megaman looks (The concept art was cute, but the in-game look is goofy), but the bosses and the ability to play as them is really cool.

The only other complaint I have about it is the music isn't very memorable. Hopefully when they make Rockman Rockman 2 (And you know it's coming. Just like Maverick Hunter X 2-Whatever) they'll do some great remixes.

muSIQ ZUKI
Wark!

Member 1726

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:14 PM #50 of 1496
For ppl who played Irregular Hunter X, do you find the controls uncomfortable?? I kinda feel like the D-pad and um... the other buttons too spread out =.= I guess it's just me, since I have small hands =.=. I wanna play SFA3 but then again, the D-pad...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] PSP Discussion. Hay guys I just got one for Crisis Core, can u help me how 2 hax pls?