Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? PROTIP: THIS IS THE MGS4 THREAD

Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 02:58 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 12:58 AM #26 of 1533
Am I the only person in the world who liked Raiden? Of course, the brown wig helps a ton with his appeal, but still!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 04:26 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 05:26 AM #27 of 1533
Raiden was created for prepubescent Japanese school girls (see the Saga DVD), which is the completely wrong demographic for Metal Gear. Kojima realizes his mistake and is correcting it in 4 by returning Solid Snake to the main character chair.

I think that Raiden has the potential to be a likeable character in the future. My biggest problem with him isn't the fact that he stole Snake's spotlight in MGS2 and really let the fans down, and it isn't his girlish figure, it's all that whinning he does! Raiden's complete lack of comprehension of a situation is just annoying. Get rid of that and his character improves by a whole 50%. Make him a little darker and maybe even a little psychotic, plus add the fact that he'll be a father in MGS4 (which leaves him subject to getting extremely pissed off at any threat to his child. Pissed off = more bad ass) and the fact that he'll be under Snake's wing in MGS4 and you've got a likeable character.

Whatever you think about Raiden, you can't say that he's a complete pussy, I mean he took down 25 Metal Gears in a row (in extreme anyways), something that even Snake has never done. Even if you hate Raiden, at least cut him some slack because MGS4 is all about Snake and you'll never *have* to play as him again (though multiplayer Metal Gear will likely include him). The worst thing you have to do is sit there and listen to some of his dialogue in 4, which will be less whinny and more to business than 2 ever was. Because Raiden was mearly a device to tell a good story in MGS2, I neither like him nor dislike him. I've learned to accept him because without him MGS2 wouldn't be a postmodern masterpiece, it would be just another action game.

How ya doing, buddy?

[ MOBIUS ]
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 06:33 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 04:33 PM #28 of 1533
Originally Posted by Mobius One
the source of Vamp's powers, and the true nature of the Patriots will be revealed.
Vamp was one of my fav. too,i think Vamp is bio-engineered or some cyborg.

Do you think ,MGS4 will be playable this year,either E3 or TGS 'cause chances are if the demo wll be playable,it will be included in some mag or soemthing at the time of ps3 launch this November,or maybe litter later.
It will give us a chance to try the game at least this year.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
solid_snake
Chocobo

Member 3413

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 09:00 AM #29 of 1533
maybe yes. there might be an e3 with playable versions of mgs4 somewhere around september.

[think positive]:juggler:

I was speaking idiomatically.
Keep your friends close and your enemies....closer.
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:58 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 10:58 AM #30 of 1533
Not sure what the fuck you just said. You KNOW there is at least a trailer for E3, but I doubt there will be a playable demo.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 03:21 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 04:21 PM #31 of 1533
I don't think there will be a playable demo this year, maybe in E3 '07. There should be a new trailer showing off actual gameplay footage though.

FELIPE NO

[ MOBIUS ]
Taterdemalion
Chocobo

Member 1827

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 03:27 PM #32 of 1533
Raiden was created for prepubescent Japanese school girls (see the Saga DVD), which is the completely wrong demographic for Metal Gear. Kojima realizes his mistake and is correcting it in 4 by returning Solid Snake to the main character chair.

I think that Raiden has the potential to be a likeable character in the future. My biggest problem with him isn't the fact that he stole Snake's spotlight in MGS2 and really let the fans down, and it isn't his girlish figure, it's all that whinning he does! Raiden's complete lack of comprehension of a situation is just annoying. Get rid of that and his character improves by a whole 50%. Make him a little darker and maybe even a little psychotic, plus add the fact that he'll be a father in MGS4 (which leaves him subject to getting extremely pissed off at any threat to his child. Pissed off = more bad ass) and the fact that he'll be under Snake's wing in MGS4 and you've got a likeable character.

Whatever you think about Raiden, you can't say that he's a complete pussy, I mean he took down 25 Metal Gears in a row (in extreme anyways), something that even Snake has never done. Even if you hate Raiden, at least cut him some slack because MGS4 is all about Snake and you'll never *have* to play as him again (though multiplayer Metal Gear will likely include him). The worst thing you have to do is sit there and listen to some of his dialogue in 4, which will be less whinny and more to business than 2 ever was. Because Raiden was mearly a device to tell a good story in MGS2, I neither like him nor dislike him. I've learned to accept him because without him MGS2 wouldn't be a postmodern masterpiece, it would be just another action game.
I felt ambivalent about Raiden, too. He never really got on my nerves and I didn't mind playing as him. Probably for some people playing as an whiny androgyn hit a little too close to home for them, but it never really offended me. He was a rookie after all. The REAL bitch was Rose who kept calling you and asking if you knew what day it was and how you felt. That was annoying.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 03:39 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 01:39 PM #33 of 1533
Well, maybe I just have the mindset of a prepubescent japanese girl. Who knows, maybe it was the summersault.

Also, here's the official site + official trailer (no breaks)
http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/english/mgs4_04.html

I would also like to point out that Raiden's innability to "see what's really happening" is reminisant of Solid Snake's entire career prior to Philanthropy, and even afterwards he's still in the dark on some subjects.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.; Apr 2, 2006 at 03:42 PM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 04:37 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 02:37 PM #34 of 1533
Originally Posted by Grigori Rasputin
If you play the MGS3 Online the stage "Brown Town" seems like a sneak preview of the settng for MGS4, and if this is the case I'm all for it. This new mystery setting will definitely be a break from previous damp, dark, and dreary locals.
That "Brown Town" level immediately brought back images of the MGS4 trailer as well, with the windy dust, the brown colored buildings, hence the map, and how everything looked so war torn and desolate. Wow, I should rewatch the trailer again just for kicks. I wouldn't be surprised if Konami is trying to give us a tiny sneak peak of what the level will look like.

- What we all do best -
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 07:26 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 08:26 PM #35 of 1533
Here's a Yousendit link to the DVD quality MGS4 trailer (150 mb) in Quicktime format. Ripped from the Saga DVD:

http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...T0XSODGL4GX22J

How ya doing, buddy?

[ MOBIUS ]
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:23 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 07:23 PM #36 of 1533
Whatever you think about Raiden, you can't say that he's a complete pussy, I mean he took down 25 Metal Gears in a row (in extreme anyways), something that even Snake has never done.
Not to mention he cartwheeled his way out of its missiles. I second the "Raiden isn't so bad" notion. Most people are really just bitter about not being able to play using the Snake character model in MGS2. I can't defend the whining but I agree that it's not enough to make you hate Raiden. I don't even know why people just can't get over him considering that he gets completely shown up by Snake anyway.

Skwerl
Indigo 3

Member 200

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:46 PM #37 of 1533
probably has to do with the part where he runs butt naked. I mean, why cant he wear a sneaking suit that consists of 2 pieces? Gee -_-

I fly under the code of knighthood. It's only natural since we are the descendants of the Belkan knights. We protect the meek and give our lives for honour, but that does not mean we are generous...since generosity would cost us our lives. If the pilot survived at the end of the war, he must've carried out these rules.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:09 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 08:09 PM #38 of 1533
Here's a Yousendit link to the DVD quality MGS4 trailer (150 mb) in Quicktime format. Ripped from the Saga DVD:

http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...T0XSODGL4GX22J

Oh man, thanks!! Now, you'd be my hero if you ripped the whole thing <3

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:05 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 11:05 PM #39 of 1533
Mobius --

There's no sound ;___;

FELIPE NO
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:07 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 01:07 PM #40 of 1533
Originally Posted by Gechmir
Mobius --

There's no sound ;___;
There should be. Are you using the latest Quicktime? Try another media player. If there still isn't sound then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe your computer doesn't have enough RAM or a good enough sound card?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

[ MOBIUS ]
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:08 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 10:08 AM #41 of 1533
For the record, it has sound.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 02:47 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 02:47 PM #42 of 1533
Guess my QT is old or something.

Haven't watched this since it first game out~ Fun times!

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 06:25 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 04:25 PM #43 of 1533
I found this cool lil app. surfing the interweb (google ftw).

It is called OtaClock!
Attachment 3117

It's really niffty, actually, and does all the cool lil things you'd expect any clock to do, even an alarm!

This app is in Japanese (or jibberish if you don't have japanese on your comp), so here's a little FAQ on how to use it. Don't worry, it is VERY simple!

First thing, obviously, extract the zip file and stick that folder wherever you want it to be. There's no installation necessary!

Next, choose between regular or lite, the lite version says lite next to it. There is no huge difference in memory usage, but lite version has less options to toy with, thus the regular version has more potential to use more mem usage.

Anyway, just open one of them.

If you right click on Otakon you'll see a bunch of japanese options. The top option let's you choose from the following options, from top to bottom:

1. Check this for Military Time
2. Check this to enable the Alarm
3. Check this to enable the Date and Day
4. Check this to have Otakon always have priority, that is, no matter what he'll always be on the top of everything on your desktop.
5. Check this to lock Otakon's position.
6. Check this to show Otakon's shadow, or at least a larger version of it.

Ok, the next option on the next menu is quite simple. It is merely the size of Otakon. Bigger number for bigger Otakon.

The third option on the main menu is the Alarm settings. Choose to have Otakon Laugh or say "OK", but really they're both chimes and chirps. Otakon will do a little "thumbs up" as well ;3 Both of these are in english.

The next two options in this menu allow you to choose a sound you have saved on your computor to be played. The first option is a single play-through, the second option is loop (it says loop in english)

The last option in this menu allows you to choose how loud the alarm is in decibels (it says db, so I assume that's what it means)

Back to the main menu, below the Alarm option is the alarm time settings. Clicking this will allow you to choose two times the alarm will go off, which is saved as a notepad document. You must use military time when setting these times, and you can go as far as detailing which second you want the alarm to go off as well. This is very easy. When you set your time, save and close the notepad.

The next option in the main menu makes Otakon disapear into your taskbar, although you can't see the time, you'll see his head. Double-Clicking on him will make him reappear.

The next option is the "About..." option. Legal stuff.

The final option is "Exit"

Anyway, if you see anything wrong with this or you find something new, please tell ;P Also if anyone posted this already, tell me :O i did a search so I doubt it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.; Apr 2, 2008 at 11:48 PM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 04:47 PM #44 of 1533
Woot! Otacon for the win! At least it'll be more interesting looking than the bland clock I have. Also is there a hide option? EDIT: nevermind.

- What we all do best -
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 07:02 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 08:02 PM #45 of 1533
That looks really cool. Too bad I only have my Mac and can't use it
DARN YOU .EXE !!! (I'd use Virtual PC if I had more HD space)

[ MOBIUS ]
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 07:51 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 05:51 PM #46 of 1533
Appearantly if you bought mgs3: Subsistance you where supposed to get the URL for the download, but I guess they where'nt ready yet... so now, I think, you have to buy Ac!d 2 to get the URL, when it comes out (if it's not out yet)

evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 07:58 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 05:58 PM #47 of 1533
Originally Posted by Skwerl
probably has to do with the part where he runs butt naked. I mean, why cant he wear a sneaking suit that consists of 2 pieces? Gee -_-
Doesn't that just highlight how inferior he is to Snake? I mean Kojima tried to stress how lowly he was compared to Snake in the MGS2 story and it's taking Secret Theatre movies just for him to sate the Anti-Raiden people out there.

FELIPE NO
Pietak
HEY!!!

Member 1652

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:48 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 12:48 AM #48 of 1533
That looks really cool. Too bad I only have my Mac and can't use it
DARN YOU .EXE !!! (I'd use Virtual PC if I had more HD space)
Mobius, I've come to save your day:

The MAC version!!!
http://www.konami.jp/gs/orpijok/dl/OtaClock1.dmg

(Yeah, it's been out for a while though, I've been using it for some time now. Since the temporary GFF forums...)
Still unsure how to use the alarm...

Most amazing jew boots
Love it.
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:13 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 12:13 AM #49 of 1533
Que MGS theme for Pietak saving the day! Thanks man, this thing rocks!

[ MOBIUS ]
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:27 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 09:27 PM #50 of 1533
Can Macs not take screen shots? :P

Also, to set the alarm times (you can set two) you do the following...

1. Right click Otacon or his icon in the taskbar (or toolbar, whatever that is in the bottom right corner)

2. Click the 4th option from the top.

3. A notepad doc will open with something like this in it...

"12:00:0012:00:00"

Now, that's two times you can set there, the first six digits represents the first time the clock will go off, in militarty time of course. The last six is the second time.

After all this just turn the alarm on, which I explained earlier ;P

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? PROTIP: THIS IS THE MGS4 THREAD