Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Ver. 214. Gobble Gobble Gobble, Slurp Slurp Slurp

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2008, 09:00 PM Local time: Feb 15, 2008, 08:00 PM 4 #1 of 1567
Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Ver. 214. Gobble Gobble Gobble, Slurp Slurp Slurp

HOLY SHIT IT'S A LIST OF EVERYONE'S FRIEND CODES

Ok, assholes. Heads up.

http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/vi...ros-brawl.html

^ There's your old train wreck. It was terrible. Horrible. Awful. It made me want to kill your parents just because they were unfortunate enough to spawn you.

Soooooooooooooo, let's try this again.

Keep discussion NON-RETARDED, if possible. It shouldn't be too hard. Talk about the game, but for the love of god, don't beat the endless stupid issues into the gorund again. WE KNOW. WE'VE DONE IT BEFORE.

So there, have fun and such.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Mar 9, 2008 at 05:24 PM.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2008, 09:08 PM Local time: Feb 16, 2008, 12:38 PM #2 of 1567
No Smash Brothers thread is safe from stupid discussion. At least we've gotten past the "This character would be awesome" phase.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:08 PM #3 of 1567
At least we've gotten past the "This character would be awesome" phase.
Did we?

I mean, seriously...wouldn't Megatron be an awesome ass character to play as? And then his clone could be Starscream!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hellscythe
Mmmmm....Animal fires....Flying Dutchman.....20x20

Member 1315

Level 6.12

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:51 PM Local time: Feb 15, 2008, 08:51 PM #4 of 1567
Aside from all that, I still have one question about unlocking the characters in the game, which I surprisingly couldn't find the answer to online. For each of the spoilers on the brawl official site, it lists three requierments to unlock. My guess is that you only have to do one of the requirements, as well as beat the hidden character. However, I have seen some people say that you need to do all three. This has caused some doubt on my end. So which is it really?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:20 AM #5 of 1567
You only need to do one of the requirement. I unlocked all the character by doing vs Brawl in the Japanese version. When the US version comes out I'm planning to unlocking them via SSE.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:33 AM #6 of 1567
Yeah, you can do a custom match of 1 second and just keep repeating that match over and over for like I dunno 3 hours or something and unlock every character. You still have to face the character you unlock in combat.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:58 AM #7 of 1567
Stage6 · Super Smash Bros Brawl Video Premier Trailer.-.Video and Download.·.bdcool187

American version trailer transferring here of course!

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 08:10 AM Local time: Feb 16, 2008, 01:10 PM #8 of 1567
I played some more Brawl at a friend's house earlier this week and noticed something subtle in the Electroplankton stage. When you pause and look closely at the characters/items/etc, you'll notice that they're all rendered without any depth, and just look like sprites. I'm thinking it's probably the same for classic Mario Bros, Donkey Kong and Flatzone, too.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 09:43 AM #9 of 1567
I played some more Brawl at a friend's house earlier this week and noticed something subtle in the Electroplankton stage. When you pause and look closely at the characters/items/etc, you'll notice that they're all rendered without any depth, and just look like sprites. I'm thinking it's probably the same for classic Mario Bros, Donkey Kong and Flatzone, too.
I believe it was like that for the original flatzone aswell...pretty hard to tell though since when you puased it the camera was fixed at one angle. So now you can actually enjoy the delicious flatness?! Mmmmmmm....

chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 09:45 AM Local time: Feb 17, 2008, 01:45 AM #10 of 1567
I've been having a blast with the Stage Creator. It's really limited, as many sites have also reported, but gawd some of the stages I've created are LOL kind of arenas .

Here's some of my meaningless rambling about the third party characters, should they be relevant or not. Oh my, spoiler tags are back!

Spoiler:
I attempted to play as Sonic today, and I have to say: I'm not touching him with a ten-foot pole. Sure, he's crazy in terms of racking up damage, but he's virtually got no knock-out kind of attacks (unless your opponent is on MASSIVE DAMAGE). I suppose the more I play as him, the better he'll become but Sonic just feels too light.

SuperSonic's gonna quote and write a rebuttal to that paragraph, I can tell . Or not.

As for Snake, he's actually quite powerful, with some nice powerful moves, but with that comes poor agility and god-awful recovery. Snake can run around some, and his Smash moves are sluggish, but powerful. His specials are useful. His jumps are horrid, however and trying to use his Up+B move feels like trying to control a cow. Still, out of the third party guys, I'd choose Snake.

Oh, and Spectator Mode (the one where you watch online matches) gets very addictive, especially when bonus items are at stake. Gamble, gamble!

Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 09:46 AM Local time: Feb 16, 2008, 03:46 PM #11 of 1567
So you meen flatness can be delicious for things other than boobs now?

I've been having a blast with the Stage Creator. It's really limited, as many sites have also reported, but gawd some of the stages I've created are LOL kind of arenas .
Yeah, I remember people making Tetris Based stages and stages that are more or less made of falling blocks.

good times had by all by the looks of things.

How ya doing, buddy?
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Last edited by Conan-the-3rd; Feb 16, 2008 at 10:06 AM.
Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 02:23 PM #12 of 1567
Yeah, you can do a custom match of 1 second and just keep repeating that match over and over for like I dunno 3 hours or something and unlock every character. You still have to face the character you unlock in combat.
But what would be the fun in that?

Ok, assholes. Heads up.
There's your old train wreck. It was terrible. Horrible. Awful. It made me want to kill your parents just because they were unfortunate enough to spawn you.
And yet as always with a train wreck, you can't turn away.

Old Feb 16, 2008, 03:06 PM #13 of 1567
But what would be the fun in that?
It isn't any fun but it's the fastest way to get all the characters. Never said that I recommend it. SSE is going to be too awesome to pass up.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 04:13 PM Local time: Feb 16, 2008, 02:13 PM #14 of 1567
It isn't any fun but it's the fastest way to get all the characters. Never said that I recommend it. SSE is going to be too awesome to pass up.
Yeah it seems a bit more entertaining to see "NEWCOMER: ______!" in SSE, rather than "YOU'VE PLAYED 100 1-SECOND MATCHES, HERE'S _______!"

Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 04:29 PM #15 of 1567
Yeah it seems a bit more entertaining to see "NEWCOMER: ______!" in SSE, rather than "YOU'VE PLAYED 100 1-SECOND MATCHES, HERE'S _______!"
At the end of the 2nd one, there should be some sort of insult.

FELIPE NO
Old Feb 16, 2008, 04:32 PM #16 of 1567
1 second matches are still legitimate matches to the game. *shrug*

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 07:00 PM #17 of 1567
I notice that they removed the trophy of that character from Ooendan and placed Commander Kain (EB Agents) as a lousy sticker =/. Not like they were going to be playable but still..

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 07:17 PM #18 of 1567
I swear, the first person I see in here complain about the lack of wave dashing or l-cancelling is going to be busticketted off the planet. I was SO GLAD to hear that those two tricks were removed, because nothing was more infuriating than playing SSBM against people that weren't my brother or sister because it seemed like EVERYONE was fucking using that glitch.

Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 07:59 PM #19 of 1567
Probably new tricks are going to be found soon enough.

No game is 100% glitch proof =/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 11:40 PM #20 of 1567
So far they have "Moonwalking" which isnt really a glitch. Its just a way to abuse the back air attack which seems to have been buffed all around.

Also SSBB Glitches

Last edited by immp; Feb 17, 2008 at 12:14 AM.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2008, 12:12 PM #21 of 1567
Spoiler:
I attempted to play as Sonic today, and I have to say: I'm not touching him with a ten-foot pole. Sure, he's crazy in terms of racking up damage, but he's virtually got no knock-out kind of attacks (unless your opponent is on MASSIVE DAMAGE). I suppose the more I play as him, the better he'll become but Sonic just feels too light.

SuperSonic's gonna quote and write a rebuttal to that paragraph, I can tell . Or not.

As for Snake, he's actually quite powerful, with some nice powerful moves, but with that comes poor agility and god-awful recovery. Snake can run around some, and his Smash moves are sluggish, but powerful. His specials are useful. His jumps are horrid, however and trying to use his Up+B move feels like trying to control a cow. Still, out of the third party guys, I'd choose Snake.
Whut.

Why are we hiding things behind spoilers again?

Spoiler:
From what I played, Sonic lacks the strong knockout attack because he's more suited to smacking foes off the stage and then continuously smacking them until their recovery is screwed. Hell, Sakurai mentions using sonic's spindash to chase foes off the stage and smack them before going back! It baffles me why nobody tries this, because I was HELLA more successful with Sonic when I started doing that.

I do admit he's a pain to get his attacks to actually HIT.

Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2008, 02:29 PM #22 of 1567
Oh is it me... or SSBB is going to end up with more glitch at this rate?

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2008, 02:43 PM #23 of 1567
Spoiler:

Awwwww, chaofan. You give me too much credit. Actually, I haven't had a chance to play as the blue blur yet, or even the damn game for that matter, so I can't begin a rebuttal.

By the way, what is this wavedashing thing that everyone is talking about? I never really used the shield or dodge tactics back in Melee, I just kicked some ass and maybe ran away a bit. It's much more fun that way.

FELIPE NO
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2008, 03:48 PM #24 of 1567
Oh is it me... or SSBB is going to end up with more glitch at this rate?
Luckily most of those didnt seem like the glitches in SSBM where it became core gameplay for tournyfags. They dont look like people will get much use out of them.

By the way, what is this wavedashing thing that everyone is talking about? I never really used the shield or dodge tactics back in Melee, I just kicked some ass and maybe ran away a bit. It's much more fun that way.
Wavedashing is a way to use non-dash intiated attacks while moving, staying on the defensive while moving and making some of the characters travel faster than they could otherwise. Its done by doing the short jump and immediately doing an air dodge on a forward diagonal. If you do it fast enough it makes you look like you're crouching and standing really fast while sliding across the platform.
I tried doing it once with Luigi, it made luigi slide even further than he normally does and I could Down smash while he flew at the enemy.

The other thing is L-canceling. I actually use this a lot because I play Ylink all the time. Basically its just pressing your shield right before you hit the ground with Down A. Link has that terribly long recovery of pulling his sword out of the ground. If you "L-cancel" it makes the animation for that go super quick or just not show up at all. So my friends cant kick my ass when I accidentally miss with it

Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:33 AM Local time: Feb 17, 2008, 11:33 PM #25 of 1567
I'm kind of surprised people consider exploiting Smash Bros glitches to be fair play at all. A fair number of people sneer at roll cancelling in Capcom vs SNK 2, and infinite combos are generally verbotten in any game. There's a pretty big difference between clever tricks and things that clearly shouldn't be happening in the first place.

It's a big problem at any rate - playing in person, you can just tell the other guy to go fuck off if he starts abusing that infinite Falco blaster, but there's not much you can do in netplay. The best you could do is make sure you only play 4-way games against strangers and hope the two other players will help gang up on the offender.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Ver. 214. Gobble Gobble Gobble, Slurp Slurp Slurp