Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion Thread

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Feb 28, 2006, 05:13 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2006, 03:13 PM #1 of 723
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion Thread

So here is the latest bit of news I've seen on this highly anticipated title. Reggie said it was offfically delayed AGAIN, but that was pretty expected anyway.

Quote:

Fils-Aime: Zelda now coming in "fall"
Nintendo EVP lets slip on SpikeTV's Game Head that Twilight Princess has been delayed again; dodges questions about special Revolution features.

Now, it appears Link won't be donning his green cap until even later than we thought. In the latest edition of SpikeTV's new Game Head program, host and veteran game journalist Geoff Keighley interviewed Nintendo of America Executive Vice President Reggie Fils-Aime.

After an introductory segment which showed Keighley and Fils-Aime being serenaded by a troubadour in Mario drag while racing Mario Kart-esque go-karts, the pair got down to business. Keighley asked Fils-Aime directly what is going on with Twilight Princess. Without missing a beat, the outspoken executive confirmed that the game was missing its current Q2 2006 window.

"It's coming out in the fall, it's coming out on GameCube," said Fils-Aime. "There's been a lot of speculation. People have been saying that we're holding it back or that it's gonna be launched just on Revolution. Tell your people 'Not true,' it's gonna be out on GameCube, it's gonna be out in the fall."

Addressing recent rumors, Keighley asked Fils-Aime if Twilight Princess would have special features that could be accessed only when it was played on the backward-compatible Revolution. When Keighley asked if the Revolution's motion-sensing controller could be used to control link's sword in the game, Fils-Aime demurred. "It's a great idea," he said. "You should talk to [Zelda creator Shigeru] Miyamoto about it. But right now the focus is on GameCube."

By Tor Thorsen

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/act...ml?sid=6144601
This being officially delayed till fall with Phantasy Star Universe, my other most wanted game of the year, has made me sad. ;_; At least most gamecube owners have Odama to look forward to while they wait for this title. :3

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:32 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 12:32 AM #2 of 723
Nintendo should tide us over with MOAR MIDNA footage. :3

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SmartM
Unlimited Warranty

Member 33

Level 9.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 02:39 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 08:39 PM #3 of 723
I'm not surprised that it is delayed. I never expected it to be just after the end of March. Although waiting 'till fall is indeed a bit long. Then again, during the fall the weather is more likely to be rainy, cold and nasty than in the summer. Bad weather means staying inside, means playing games!
I'm so looking forward to this game. I'm sure I'll have a great time with it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

http://scythegp.org/
In need for Japanese to English translators! If you know Japanese and English, and want to help out translating The Violinist of Hameln (a great manga), please visit the website mentioned above.

Also, if you can use Photoshop (or similar program) and like to help out editing the English text into the scans, also visit the website mentioned above!

Last edited by SmartM; Mar 2, 2006 at 02:41 PM.
kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:16 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 02:16 PM #4 of 723
Just you wait. It's going ot happen. Revolution launch title.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Varium
Carob Nut

Member 126

Level 3.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:22 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 08:22 PM #5 of 723
I hope not, seeing as I'd be pretty pissed if this was their plan all along. If they are planning this they should just come right out and say it instead of stringing along all the people who are patiently waiting for it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Diversion
Jellicle Cat

Member 68

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:52 PM #6 of 723
I don't see it turning into a Revo launch title, I really don't. You develop it for certain hardware, you don't change that so far into the project.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ComCrimson
MYV

Member 115

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:56 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:56 PM #7 of 723
..What?! Oh this takes the piss. They're gonna make us wait even longer? after that crappy Wind Waker, i need a decent Zelda game to stick my teeth into it, but that's not going to happen now. I hate all this damn waiting.

FELIPE NO

Cheers B4!
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:23 PM #8 of 723
Originally Posted by ComCrimson
..What?! Oh this takes the piss. They're gonna make us wait even longer? after that crappy Wind Waker, i need a decent Zelda game to stick my teeth into it, but that's not going to happen now. I hate all this damn waiting.
I thought Wind Waker was great ;_;

In any case, the final product had better be as spectacular as everyone expects it to be after all these delays. (Please, not another Starfox Adventures type thing.)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:53 PM #9 of 723
Meh I doubt it will be a Rev launch title... It would be a nifty little surprise, but I still doubt it.

It will probably be the last great GC game, though. What a way to go, though.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:14 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:14 PM #10 of 723
Originally Posted by kainlightwind
Just you wait. It's going ot happen. Revolution launch title.
Too much to change. Not gonna happen. Sure it could be ported using a GC-style control, but you won't see a Revolution tag on it.

J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:20 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 05:20 PM #11 of 723
I just hope that its a cube title thats also for Rev, instead of a rev title thats also for cube. If the Rev version is a lot better than Ill have to buy it...
Which wouldnt be so bad if I had lots of money.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:28 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 06:28 PM #12 of 723
Man, this is deffinetly depressing. Oh well, more time to work on Kingdom Hearts II.... when i finally get my hands on that.

i've been feeding my addiction by pulling out Ocaraina of time, and Majoras mask. Now that i've got a taste of the good stuff, the new stuff better be fucking amazing.

Most amazing jew boots
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:31 PM #13 of 723
I'm currently scrounging the Great Sea for Triforce shards in TWW. I can hold out for TP as long as I need to.

(What a ruthless idea: get 2786 rupees, find 7 maps, pay Tingle to translate them, then go find the Triforce shards. Good thing for Ballad of Gales and Wind's Requiem.)

Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:40 PM #14 of 723
It might release on the Revolution launch day. I mean, if that was the case, it wouldn't be a bad idea. People who never bought the Gamecube can buy the Rev, along with the new Zelda game. I'd do that.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:04 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:04 PM #15 of 723
Originally Posted by J-Man
I just hope that its a cube title thats also for Rev, instead of a rev title thats also for cube. If the Rev version is a lot better than Ill have to buy it...
Which wouldnt be so bad if I had lots of money.
Don't worry. They won't be changing it. They know its better to release it on the cube, as there are tons of people who would get it regardless, but don't HAVE to say "Well I need a Rev. for this." That's what Smash Brothers is for.

Most amazing jew boots
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:18 PM #16 of 723
Nintendo will just create some kind of gimmick.

If you buy the Revolution and Twilight Nerd together, you get a free Ganon plushie.

Nintendo fans: WHEN CAN I PRE-ORDER!!!

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:26 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:26 PM #17 of 723
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Megalith
Nintendo will just create some kind of gimmick.

If you buy the Revolution and Twilight Nerd together, you get a free Ganon plushie.

Nintendo fans: WHEN CAN I PRE-ORDER!!!
Heck, you're on.

Destination, Nintendo World.

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:54 PM #18 of 723
I can't believe that it's been delayed till the fall, but then

again I shouldn't be surprised. Look how long Ocarina of

Time got delayed, but it turned out to be the 64's best game.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:06 PM #19 of 723
Originally Posted by Megalith
If you buy the Revolution and Twilight Nerd together, you get a free Gamon plushie.
I WANT!

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:14 PM #20 of 723
Well, I wouldn't doubt Nintendo. Wouldn't it be a better business move to make a slightly "prettier" version with some Revolution functionality and another for the Gamecube?

As a launch title the former would sell millions simply for being one, the other would still sell for being a long awaited Zelda title. It'd be a win/win situation for Nintendo, no? Surely it doesn't cost that much for them to throw in a gimmicky Rev function into a game that's probably finished (or close to it).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:18 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:18 PM #21 of 723
Honestly, I'm not a big Zelda fan, and I'll probably pass on buying the game UNLESS it uses the Rev controller, then I'll probably be intrigued enough to get a copy at Rev launch (hopefully alongside SSBR and Metroid Prime 3, alongside a helping of my favorites of consoles past).

- WraithTwo -

valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:34 PM #22 of 723
NO WAY! They extended this game to fall.....T-T

I hate you nintendo, I hope you burn in hell (after you release mother 3 at least <_<)

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:40 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:40 PM #23 of 723
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Well, I wouldn't doubt Nintendo. Wouldn't it be a better business move to make a slightly "prettier" version with some Revolution functionality and another for the Gamecube?
So this is how it would go:

"Okay guys, you know Twilight Princess we've been working on for several years?"
*A crowd of boys cream their pants*
"Well we're gonna make it pretty. Not Princess Peach pretty. Just...better graphics. While we're at it..." *A kid tallies every comment here, doing tons of math* "...we're going to write completely different controls, each which would vastly change the gameplay. But its okay, we'll still have it out in 7 months"

The kid looks up, "But sir, you're basically talking about rewriting the game. That would take years."

"Yes, you're right, but I can be very unrealistic with the release date expectations."

No, it is too late. It cannot and will not work like that.

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:48 PM #24 of 723
Originally Posted by Lukage
So this is how it would go:

"Okay guys, you know Twilight Princess we've been working on for several years?"
*A crowd of boys cream their pants*
"Well we're gonna make it pretty. Not Princess Peach pretty. Just...better graphics. While we're at it..." *A kid tallies every comment here, doing tons of math* "...we're going to write completely different controls, each which would vastly change the gameplay. But its okay, we'll still have it out in 7 months"

The kid looks up, "But sir, you're basically talking about rewriting the game. That would take years."

"Yes, you're right, but I can be very unrealistic with the release date expectations."

No, it is too late. It cannot and will not work like that.
You know what they say about failing greatly? Yeah. All they would need to do is apply some simple crap to the engine (something like a bit more AA) and have the controller do something only in a few parts of the game. An example would be Children of Mana, which is essentially a very pretty GBA game with some stylus use thrown in to justify it being on the console.

You do know that there will be a traditional controller shell available, right? The above wouldn't cost much but it'd boost your sales something fierce.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:51 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:51 PM #25 of 723
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
You know what they say about failing greatly? Yeah. All they would need to do is apply some simple crap to the engine (something like a bit more AA) and have the controller do something only in a few parts of the game. An example would be Children of Mana, which is essentially a very pretty GBA game with some stylus use thrown in to justify it being on the console.

You do know that there will be a traditional controller shell available, right? The above wouldn't cost much but it'd boost your sales something fierce.
There is still plenty to change that would push the date back more. I'm no expert on this, but I can assure that its gonna stay GCN. Besides, I'm pretty sure by E3 time, most people will have a pretty decent idea as to what they'll be saving money for (I will) and have titles in mind for certain consoles.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion Thread