Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Virtual Console & WiiWare Games - Doing wonders for illegal emulation since 2007

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 04:30 PM Local time: Jan 28, 2007, 09:30 PM #51 of 1450
Already own both. Only point I'm trying to make here is that playing it on a console is a whole lot better than playing it huddled around a computer.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Shaolin Samurai
Top Tier

Member 2005

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 05:31 PM #52 of 1450
I on the other hand am merely suggesting...blah blah
No, you're just being a huge dick.

Quote:
Just because it's entirely possible to play it with an emu doesn't mean it's anywhere near as enjoyable, much less authentic. There's something very noncasual about having a friend round for a quick game of MK, forcing an unrecognisable controller into his mitts and parking him in front of my PC.

Go overreact somewhere else.
Wow, I'm overreacting?

That's great that you think emulators suck. But that's your opinion. And frankly I don't give a damn.

If you think it's too complicated and not worth it, fine, don't use a goddamn emulator. If you want an "authentic" experience on the Virtual Console (which is also emulated ), then good for you.

Just don't go around trying to force your narrow-minded views on other people by insulting and degrading them.

Most amazing jew boots
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 06:20 PM Local time: Jan 28, 2007, 11:20 PM #53 of 1450
Originally Posted by Shaolin Samurai
No, you're just being a huge dick.
And you're tossing profanities left and right and telling people they're dicks. Ho-hum.

Quote:
Wow, I'm overreacting?
Judging from the fact that you're bitching about arguing about people having an argument over something kinda really insignificant and pretty subjective: Yes.

Quote:
That's great that you think emulators suck.
Never what I said. I'm saying it's pretty dumb for them to be used for multi.

Quote:
But that's your opinion.
NO SHIT SHERLOCK

Quote:
And frankly I don't give a damn.
Oh. Okay. You seem to be giving quite a few damns by just how irritated you're coming off as right now, but you said it, so it must be true.

Quote:
If you think it's too complicated and not worth it, fine, don't use a goddamn emulator.
Hey man do not tell me what to do. Get off your high horse with your holier-than-thou bullshit. You are coming in here completely unprovoked. If you don't want me to use a goddamn emulator that's fine. Do not insult and degrade me.

Quote:
Just don't go around trying to force your narrow-minded views on other people by insulting and degrading them.
"Using USB gamepads and playing around a computer screen isn't really that great"
"LEAVE ME ALONE AND STOP DEGRADING ME I'M OFFENDED NOW CAN'T YOU JUST HAVE RESPECT FOR MY BELIEFS AND TRADITIONS THIS IS SO INSULTING AND DEGRADING"

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shaolin Samurai
Top Tier

Member 2005

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 07:03 PM #54 of 1450
And you're tossing profanities left and right and telling people they're dicks. Ho-hum.
Brilliant logic. Telling an asshole that's he's being an asshole does not make you an asshole, you asshole =\

Quote:
"Using USB gamepads and playing around a computer screen isn't really that great"
"LEAVE ME ALONE AND STOP DEGRADING ME I'M OFFENDED NOW CAN'T YOU JUST HAVE RESPECT FOR MY BELIEFS AND TRADITIONS THIS IS SO INSULTING AND DEGRADING"
You see, it's more like this:

A: Hey, you can play MK64 multiplayer on a PC emulator. Not saying it's better than the real thing, just throwing that out there.

Krelian: OMG NO, PLAYING ON A PC SUCKS, YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE. BUY THE GAME, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. IF YOU ENJOY PLAYING IT ON AN EMULATOR YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

A: ...

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Shaolin Samurai; Jan 28, 2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 07:35 PM #55 of 1450
I'm going to kick both of you out of this thread if you don't make peaceably soon. Fair warning. Play nice.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 07:41 PM Local time: Jan 28, 2007, 05:41 PM #56 of 1450
I'd personally rather get the thing off the Virtual Console for several reasons.

A) I don't have 4 USB gamepads. Buying those automatically makes it more expensive to get them, especially since I have enough controllers already (3 GCN controllers which are working, plus my sister's Classic Controller).

B) I built my computer in 2004 and it has maybe 3-4 USB ports, of which at least two are occupied already. So that adds in the USB hub too.

C) My sister doesn't have a DS, so Mario Kart DS is a no-go there, too.

Also, it's a lot more bother to take my computer out into the living room than it is to take my Wii out there.

Besides, there's one thing that everybody's forgetting: The Virtual Console isn't for everybody. If you think it's easier to play this game on an emulator, then go right ahead.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 07:46 PM Local time: Jan 28, 2007, 06:46 PM #57 of 1450
It seems everyone has forgotten option 3:

N64 Emulator + 4 USB Gamepads
[and]
Download From Virtual Console

Best of both worlds, minus consistent save files.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 07:53 PM #58 of 1450
I can play the game via PC and VC but I choose VC because I feel like it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shaolin Samurai
Top Tier

Member 2005

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 07:56 PM #59 of 1450
Besides, there's one thing that everybody's forgetting: The Virtual Console isn't for everybody. If you think it's easier to play this game on an emulator, then go right ahead.
I don't think anybody ever claimed using an emulator was better or easier, but simply stated that it was in fact possible to run MK64 multiplayer with one.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 09:41 PM Local time: Jan 28, 2007, 09:41 PM #60 of 1450
I didn't exactly mean to start a shitstorm of emulator versus virtual console, but the games they've released thus far really don't push me toward a purchase. It isn't that it's not for me or anything like that, but let's compare some releases.

Mario Kart 64 : Many tracks already found on Mario Kart DS, also still horribly easy to whip out the old N64 since most people's aren't dead yet and play that plus other N64 games that the VC doesn't have yet. Good if you don't own a DS or an N64, but most people who stood behind Nintendo this round probably have one or the other.

Super Mario 64 : Redone on the DS, literally no point to even bother with this unless you never played it. If you haven't, and you own a Wii, you need to be shot.

Link to the Past : The favorite game of the other camp filled with those that prefer it over Ocarina of Time. However, you can put down $11 more and get Four Swords Adventure for GC with the multiplayer mini-games and quests or the GBA version.

Street Fighter II : Why? Why not Super Street Fighter II New Challengers?

Now, here's an example of a game that NEEDS to be released.

Super Metroid : There is no other way to play this at ALL at the present other than emulation, and playing it in HDTV + Component glory with surround sound systems would be GODLY. I would easily throw down 800 points for this.

I'm sure there are others, but I grow tired of seeing games released that can be played like 50 different non-emulated ways or have no business being released in the first place. Yes, let's purchase NES Baseball in place of Wii Sports Baseball. Ice Hockey makes more sense than this.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 09:47 PM #61 of 1450
Originally Posted by Kostaki
Super Metroid : There is no other way to play this at ALL at the present other than emulation, and playing it in HDTV + Component glory with surround sound systems would be GODLY. I would easily throw down 800 points for this.
Agreed. After several years of looking around for a used copy of this the best I could find was a beatup cartridge for $16. I might have actually bought it too if I hadn't found it just after prices for the Virtual Console were announced.

Sinister
The galaxy is at peace

Member 18722

Level 4.31

Jan 2007

Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:02 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 05:02 AM #62 of 1450
I'd pay the points for Super Metroid if it was released, even though I already have it emulated on numerous different consoles. I can justify paying for timeless classics like that.

I'm also hoping they'll release Secret of Mana and Earthbound in the not too distant future.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:04 PM Local time: Jan 28, 2007, 11:04 PM #63 of 1450
I'm going to kick both of you out of this thread if you don't make peaceably soon. Fair warning. Play nice.
Maybe Elixir took over his account for now. Felt like it was 'lix talking.

I can play the game via PC and VC but I choose VC because I feel like it.
And it's....ya know, legal.

But the important thing is:

If Australia gets that, then U.S. will get something like Chrono Trigger, right?

Friggin' Japan would get a multiplayer online Goldeneye then.

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 03:07 AM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 08:07 AM #64 of 1450
Originally Posted by Shaolin Samurai
You see, it's more like this:

A: Hey, you can play MK64 multiplayer on a PC emulator. Not saying it's better than the real thing, just throwing that out there.

Krelian: OMG NO, PLAYING ON A PC SUCKS, YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE. BUY THE GAME, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. IF YOU ENJOY PLAYING IT ON AN EMULATOR YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

A: ...
Okay, fair play, but I still don't see how I was insulting and degrading people on the topic of Mario Kart 64. I'm done.

ON A LIGHTER TOPIC apparently prices for games on specific consoles aren't fixed. In Japan, Ocarina of Time is now available for 1200 points, which is pretty annoying - I guess it's a case of "everyone wants it so we'll make it expensive". Bah.

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 06:01 AM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 09:01 PM #65 of 1450
Should rename this thread: "Letting go of your inhibitions ~ Virtual Console style". It just makes so much sense. But seriously, people need to just focus on the main theme of the thread. Which is what I'm just about to do. Right about now.

Yeah...

I haven't checked the virtual console in a while and looking at the list in the first post, I don't feel there's a need to. I've already bagged a couple of games but no others pique my interest. I don't have a massive knowledge of N64 games, but I wouldn't mind seeing Paper Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie and Perfect Dark. Maybe some SNES games will tide me over in the mean time.

Most amazing jew boots
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:12 AM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 08:12 AM #66 of 1450
I split the crap posts because get out of this thread.

Yeah, I'd really like to see the Banjo games come out too. I never had an opportunity to play those originally.

How ya doing, buddy?
and Brandy does her best to understand
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:26 AM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 11:26 PM #67 of 1450
Rare hold the banjo liccense despite Nintendo publishing them. it's unlikely. Also Infernal tried to split but noticed the option was gone.

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 07:21 PM #68 of 1450
Ah, Mario Kart 64 brings back memories...though I don't seem to recall the racers being difficult even on 50cc. Maybe it's just been such a while since I've played it. Ah well, I'm happy to see it on the VC. Also out in the US this week is Comix Zone & Bonanza Bros. for the Genesis, and something called Contra 3: The Alien Wars.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 06:13 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 11:13 AM #69 of 1450
Originally Posted by SuperSonic
something called Contra 3: The Alien Wars.
"Something called"? SOMETHING? It's kinda really not obscure and sorta really good.

I won't buy it, though, because as far as I know it isn't on the UK VC yet.

DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 1, 2007, 04:54 AM #70 of 1450
Street Fighter II : Why? Why not Super Street Fighter II New Challengers?
Because Capcom is dumb, they want you to buy their crappy collections which ironically aren't available on a Nintendo system. They did this same thing with X-Box Live Arcade.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"Out thought and out fought."
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 01:05 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2007, 01:05 PM #71 of 1450
SUPER MARIO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD!

and some other crap

FELIPE NO
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 03:32 PM #72 of 1450
Originally Posted by IGN
In Vigilante, gamers become a martial artist who fights a variety of street thugs on his way to rescue the kidnapped Madonna. Enemies attack with all sorts of weapons, from pipes and guns to chains and even on motorcycles and players can punch, kick, or use a nunchaku to protect themselves. Vigilante costs 600 Wii Points.
Which Madonna is it? Pointy-boobed Madonna? Leather outfit Madonna? Mother of our Savior Madonna?

Also, from now on, the goal of the Vigilante in GFF Werewolf is to save Madonna; screw killing the bad guys.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 12:35 PM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 12:35 PM #73 of 1450
Kirby’s Adventure, Kid Icarus and Ice Climber is on Virtual Console for 500 Wii Points apiece.

If you're wondering, Kid Icarus is the game that Pit on Smash Brothers Brawl is from.

Most amazing jew boots
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 02:38 PM #74 of 1450
Awesome, Kid Icarus is one of the games I've been waiting for. I'd be excited about Kirby too, but they already rereleased that on the GBA.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 02:40 PM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 02:40 PM #75 of 1450
Kirby's Adventure is quite possibly the best Kirby game there is.
Too many of the other additions to the game's basis have made it just....bleh.

It's original and simple and has great minigames!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Virtual Console & WiiWare Games - Doing wonders for illegal emulation since 2007